Emulation Thread

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Reminder that N64 emulation is still shit.

I'm trying to emulate some obscure Turbo CD games. What bios do I need for Mednafen?

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-unofficial-ishiiruka-dolphin-custom-version
mgba.io/downloads.html
lmgtfy.com/?q=nes rom
archive.org/details/No-Intro-Collection_2016-01-03_Fixed
emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Emulator_Files#Multi-System
amazon.ca/HDE-Dual-Controller-Adapter-Converter/dp/B001AATQ0Y/ref=sr_1_1/186-2635804-6303948?ie=UTF8&qid=1462261189&sr=8-1&keywords=ps2 controller adapter
purei.org/
buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19WV2YQvS2PkiHnQTlYP7cE2eHOPl06Rx4tCvfud_Hpw/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=0
mednafen.fobby.net/documentation/
archive.is/4uUUK
romhacking.net/translations/1384/
microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

well the right is still emulated though, its just through the Wii Virtual Console, emulated through Dolphin

ishiiruka is better when it comes down to wii emulation

the fuck is ishiiruka

a light version for toaster pc, it has internal resolution.
forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-unofficial-ishiiruka-dolphin-custom-version

well thats interesting.

Wonder if it'd run well on my chromebook, then.

That's pretty cool.

sorry for jewtube link

back to reddit with you goyim!

Hey faggot, how about you use a real operating system instead of a collection of malware? I don't use ChromeOS, I just have a laptop that's branded as a chromebook. Even if I did, it's been a better experience than Windows has been over the past few years.

Freudian slip?

Thanks for the thread OP I was planning on making something like this myself. So I torrented plenty of the usuals that are easily emulatable without many problems like GBA, Genesis, NES, and SNES. And I decided to start playing some Castlevania on the GBA and felt like running through the three in no particular order, I started with Aria of Sorrow.
Now I have some basic troubleshooting questions, why does the frame rate jump through the roof when I turn the sound off? Also the frames are like sped up to shit for no reason whatsoever right off the bat, it starts out at like 150% speed and the music is all wanky. What can I do to fix this? I don't wanna just start fiddling with shit I know shit all about. I've been emulating since like early 90s but I haven't really run into trouble like this before. VBA never really gave me trouble like this before. Any thoughts guys? I'd like to learn how to troubleshoot myself so I can start doing this on my own now that I'm older.

Also do certain games have to have certain tweaks like per game am I gonna have to switch the settings around or what?

Thanks for this, looks like it'll help a lot with janky performance in my games. I've got some old Radeon HD 4200 integrated graphics so a lot of stuff doesn't work too well.

You should check out mGBA. A lot faster and more accurate than VBA.

mgba.io/downloads.html

What's the best emulator for emulating GBC games with bonuses when played on the GBA (The Zelda Oracle games, Shantae, and anything else with those bonuses)? mGBA doesn't support them and to my knowledge neither does gambitt or whatever the recomended GBC emulator is called.

I have a copy of the game and can confirm it looks like the right.

What was a good SNES emulator bsnes right?

Did they ever make Golden Sun work without the choppy as fuck framerate on the PSP gba emulator yet?

bump

What is the best Saturn emulator?

SSF

Even after all these years, i still don't know how to emulate MAME properly…

I dunno man

I just downloaded that 25 gb torrent pack and went to town right there.
Fuck downloading roms individually and praying that it has all necessary parts in the folder.

send link nigga

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:49f800fc93fb901c6abaefaa81ff1fd8933cceba&dn=Roms.MAME.v0.139.Full.Arcade.Set.Roms-OneUp&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.opentrackr.org%3a1337%2fannounce&tr=http%3a%2f%2ftracker.torrentbay.to%3a6969%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fglotorrents.pw%3a6969%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80%2fannounce
I used this one for KoF and other SNK games.

Does anyone have the PSP charts?

Use Mupen64Plus, it blows the shit out of every other 64 emulator.

Where could i find torrents or downloads for large amounts of nes/snes/ect. Games?

Ay thanks~

emuparadise has complete collections of roms by system for download

lmgtfy.com/?q=nes rom

I was more talking about one single large torrent for every game on the system, but helped me.

archive.org/details/No-Intro-Collection_2016-01-03_Fixed

is there no way to get this on MEGA?

Beats me.
I really wouldn't want to direct download 25 gb if i had the torrent available.

What's everyone's opinion on this?
Should I get it?

Nor would I want to be the sorry bastard who would need to upload 25 gigs

So I was trying to emulate PS1 on RetroArch but I've given up. I can't seem to find the right checksum hashes for my BIOS or something, I barely understand it.

I used to use ePSXe years ago but in hindsight it wasn't very good. Is there anything better that's not RA or Mednafen?

You know the link in the OP
Try that.

Just get the RetroArch BIOS pack from here:

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Emulator_Files#Multi-System

bump

Is Drastic worth paying for? I need a good DS emulator for my phone.
Alternatively what are the best DS and GBA flashcarts?

Sadly yes, not only is it the best DS emulator but the antipiracy on it is pretty hardcore, I haven't heard anyone being able to pirate it and not have problems.

How do I get vibration and pressure sensitive function to work on a PS2 controller?

Welp, I hate paying for an emulator, but if it's the best one I can get I don't mind.
Wasn't like I was paying for any of the games so I guess I can't complain.

You need that one specific PS2 adapter with that one hacked driver.

Alternatively a DS3 will do just fine, some clones also can work but it's generally a total crapshoot.

You'll need BIOS for MVS SNK games -though I'm sure something you download would have them.

And some games you different BIOS -but knowledge is power.

Just telling you this because no one told me 10 years ago. 2006 was 10 year ago

Do you know which one? I tried a DS3 with Gran Turismo 4, but the analog sticks and buttons are completely different and make a huge difference in driving the cars, it's intolerable. I've searched it up countless of times and I get nothing. This is the adaper I have.

amazon.ca/HDE-Dual-Controller-Adapter-Converter/dp/B001AATQ0Y/ref=sr_1_1/186-2635804-6303948?ie=UTF8&qid=1462261189&sr=8-1&keywords=ps2 controller adapter

It's the Play.com DS2 adapter I think.

As for how you actually do it I'm pretty sure you can find that on the PCSX2 forums.

Last resort thing you can try is fucking around with the sensitivity and deadzones of sticks and buttons, that's what I did and it works pretty fine.

Other than that if you're only doing that for driving you can grab a wheel and use that with the right plugin.

I can't find it, I did an advanced search and can't find anything on it, it seems like no one cared to use a proper DS2. I don't want to take up any more of your time thanks a lot.

I ended up buying that emulator for TWEWY, there was no way id pay for that Appstore remake it looks horrible, i also got EPSXE while i was there.
Both work great on my shitty phone but Drastic can get kinda uncomfortable if you have a really small screen other than that its ok

Nigger, it's free. Just download it.

Damn lazy niggers are lazy.

It also has tessellation and enhanced lighting for non-toasters.

But the tessellation looks godawful.

Any opinions on Play! getting made?

purei.org/

Still no DS emulators that can recreate wireless communication… Wanna do the legendary tamer quest in Dawn damnit…

8+ years in the making, never gonna get usable most likely, especially with the recent developments of PCSX2 even though they require a somewhat recent NVIDIA card to enjoy.

I downloaded DeSmuME and finished Ghost Trick without a problem.
I just downloaded Professor Layton and the curious village but the audio seems to stutter a bit.
What's up with that?

what os do you use?
I have windows but I prefer to use void cause it's so much easier to do basic shit and I can work in VMs.

What improvements came with Nvidia? I'm not finding anything.

I'm having this problem with Advanced V.G. 2 on ePSXe where the aspect ratio changes when the fighters on screen get too far away from each other.
Anyone here know if this is an emulation error or if the game just does that naturally?

Bump.

It's just scanlines.

Only Nvidia cards can use the OGL plugin in good conditions (good OGL4.5+ support mandatory) and only the OGL plugin is getting any fixing done.

They have fixed a bunch of transparency issues and missing effects across a lot of games and quite a lot of other things.

buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/

And no Jak/R&C/AC/RRV still do not work properly but that's basically the hardest things to fix.

Bump

Nobody?

What is your CPU? It is very unlikely but possible that CPU can't handle processing the games logic as well as sound. Related this audio could tied to the frame rate.

Try changing the synchronization mode and interpolation in sound settings.

Hot damn! That seemed to somewhat alleviate it.
Thanks user.

Its a gimped version of Linux designed for web browsing I'd be suprised if it could run a N64 emulator without crashing you potato faggot

Does anybody know a fix on why my 3d pcsx2 games on my laptop are always in slo-mo during gameplay despite the framerate being in 30-40 fps which was almost the same fps in the original games (i.e. Black and Shadow of the Colossus)? Same slo-mo thing at 30-40 fps is also happening to Baldur's Gate for Dolphin despite all of my other Dolphin games running fine except for Metroid Prime. Any fix for that as well?

See yourself out illiterate.

Because the FPS PCSX2 shows isn't the internal game fps but the VPS / VFPS / VI/s (whatever you want to call it, you need 60 for "fullspeed" (may not be actually the real game speed on a real console due to different factors).

Bump.
Please, can anybody help me with this?

Not using ePSXe would help.

How's CEMU coming along?
How's PS3 emu coming along?
How's the 360 emu coming along? Still locked behind Windows 10?
Ever gonna get a Vita emu?

Couple of games are already somewhat playable, there's a google docs floating around with a compat list.

Just got a vulkan renderer there's a select few games that run well enough on a very high end computer like Afterburner Climax.

It was never locked behind Win10 (unless you're refering to the official MS one) it's just that you had to use win10 to use the DX12 renderer and it's currently a bit farther along than RPCS3 apparently, and it also has a vulkan renderer being worked on.

Not until the scenefags stop being cocksuckers and actually crack the fucking thing open.

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19WV2YQvS2PkiHnQTlYP7cE2eHOPl06Rx4tCvfud_Hpw/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=0

Hahahaha, not anytime soon.

Nice try nvidia shill

You can cry all you want AMD friend but that's how things are.

AMD has shit OGL support and PCSX2 needs good OGL support if you don't want to be stuck with the legacy plugins.

For the Chromebook, I have Mint 17.1 because it had specific drivers already set up. On my desktop I had older versions of Mint before I started switching to slackware. I have Ubuntu installed for the huge repository and support when I was trying to build shit/fuck about with Firefox OS. I wish I knew how to convert that tablet to a relatively normal Android tablet.

Maybe I'm retarded, but it looks fine to me. Doesn't Advanced V.G. zoom out when you get further away from your opponent?

How well does Mint run on a chromebook? They're going cheap, so was tempted to pick one up to install it on. My dual boot works, but Mint doesn't play well with my fan for some odd reason.

Sage for off topic.

It's a very good out of the box experience, everything is configured properly if you grab a specialized distro that has specific drivers enabled, like I did for my C740. There exists one for the C720, as well. I get a little less battery life than stock ChromeOS reports, but 9 hours of web browsing on the C740 is amazing. I have 4GB of RAM, and zRAM is enabled by default, so the computer sees it as 12GB of RAM. I did disable swap though, that was giving me some errors. I can play Freedom Planet fullspeed in most areas, I can emulate SF3s in MAME at full speed, but I haven't played any 3D games on it other than Sky Rogue. KoF13 in Wine works but it's just too slow on the hardware.

Skip any ARM or Atom based chromebook, and if you're hurting for more power for games, get one based on an i3 or i5.

It does, but the aspect ratio changes as well. Look at the character sprites. Notice how the fighters look a little elongated compared to when they're close to eachother?

Yeah, I'm thinking about switching to Mednafen.
Is Mednafen's command line interface easy to use?
Can switching iso's on a multi disc game be easily done?

Honestly I'd advise using the RA core since it adds a few very appreciable options.

As long as you have the correct BIOSes with the correct names (the wiki in the OP is your friend, just search for the retroarch bios pack as the PS1 bios pack doesn't have the correct names) and a clean disc image it's pretty much just a matter of dragging and dropping the .cue on the .exe, there are a few launcher but they all have their own problems

There's a trick to doing that using .m3u files but I don't remember exactly how.
mednafen.fobby.net/documentation/ probably has your answer.

Have you used it recently? They fucking added GTE accuracy AND the ability to pump up internal res.

There is literally no reason to ever touch epsxe or pcsx-r anymore.

Just installed Windows 95 via DOSbox, what are some good games that can't run on modern Windows or WINE?

Yeah that's pretty much what I said.

The internal res isn't usable past 2x (which is just right imo but I can understand why people would want more)

Maybe we'll get an OGL renderer so speed isn't a problem for 4x and up but I doubt we'll get an usable one anytime soon.

Also the GTE accuracy hack is very light compared to what PCSXR can do, there's also no option for perspective correct texture mapping yet unlike PCSXR (PGXP fork)

I haven't found any. Even the under appreciated cult classics I've dug up from my childhood work on win7 64 thanks to community fixes.

I'm sure there are good games that don't, but I sure couldn't find them.

I want to say that's extremely unlikely, but a year ago I'd have said we'd never get to increase internal res, so hey, maybe that's in the cards.

Sure would be nice, my 3570k can't handle 2x res and 60fps 1920x1080 recording without dropping a couple FPS and introducing some nasty sound popping, so no webms for now.

Sure is fucking pretty though.

I want to say that's extremely unlikely, but a year ago I'd have said we'd never get to increase internal res, so hey, maybe that's in the cards.

They are already working on it.

user stop my dick can only get so hard.

Is amazon any good for buying the 'GPD XD'?

Yeah simias is already backporting his renderer for rustation into mednafen (SP also wants to reduce the requirement from OGL3.3 to OGL2 but I'm not sure this is gonna go anywhere), but he is also currently taking a small break from working on it

Yet another reason for me to give even fewer fucks about modern gaming. I've got a big enough library through emulation to last me the rest of my life, and it just keeps getting better and better.

proper n64 emulation when?

If it's not at bare minimum "fulfilled by amazon" don't even think about buying expensive hardware from a third party seller, no matter how much positive feedback they have.

Maister (the guy who is pretty much responsible for most of the big stuff under the hood of RA) is forking angrylion to use Vulkan on the GPU instead of software rendering on the CPU, apparently it's working pretty well since he already has several time over fullspeed in SM64 whereas a good CPU can't even get fullspeed period.

I thought I couldn't get more excited, but I was wrong.

Thank you user, really appreciate the info.

Might as well play the PC port.

Emulate the PSP version. It's a lot better.

Oh man, this increased resolution stuff made me jump over to retroarch as fast as I could, I've been looking for a good PS1 emulator and I finally found it. Thanks anons.

Fucking niggers.

That kitty is okay, user. It's just japes my friend :^)

archive.is/4uUUK

Here is a list of my emulation backlog, anything else thats neccessary?

Starwars n64
Tonic trouble
Loaded
Reloaded
Ghost trick
Ds megaman rpgs
Last of the phoenix wright games
Smt 2
Jojo games
Megaman battle network games
Oracle games
Smt strange journey
Pokemon mystery dungeon explorers of sky
Maybe spirit tracks
Spyro 3
Pokemon black if it works
Pokemon rom hacks
Vagrant story
All the shmups
Dreamcast rpgs
Tales of games
Vice city stories
Some kind of tetris
Bust a move

Oh shit I get you know. That thing's adorable.

Golden Sun and Fire Emblem?

If you're referring to Evolution and Skies of Arcadia, they got Gamecube ports which are far superior to the originals. Also probably easier to emulate on Gamecube than burn some CDs for a dying Dreamcast. If you like SRPGs, Fire Emblem for the more difficult side, Shining Force for the easier side. Also take a look at Devil Survivor if you haven't played that already.

Wait, seriously? ePSXe on 2.0.2 is pretty alright, but is RA that much better? I just got back into PSX emulation after like 6 years, so I was most familiar with ePSXe and PCSXR, which is what I'm using for R4.

Oh yes. Give it a try, it's incredible. The UI has a bit of a learning curve, but once you get over that hump you'll never even think of going back.

Okay, I know I'm brain-dead retarded, but where's the options for upping internal resolution for PSX? I got it all running, except I want a higher resolution and no dithering. Or is that not possible?

Load up a rom, quick menu > core

Found it, thanks! This is way more accurate than ePSXe, holy shit. Now I just need to play around with some shaders and get R4 looking beautiful.

what is the relevance? it is still being emulated only through two emulators, one still being a nintendo 64 emulator just one exclusive to the nintendo wii

it isn't that hard, now you just have a huge pack full of thousands of games when you really only want to play two or three.

Conversely, now if someone tells him to try a game, he doesn't have to download it again. Also, I would just grab the master file if it's in English in any way, since I don't have fightcade set up so I don't care about versioning.

Debatable on the question of Skies of Arcadia (trade off being lower encounter rate at the cost of worse music quality in the Gamecube one). As for Evolution, to my knowledge the gamecube one had a lot of content cut from the first game so they could fit the second game on the same disc, or something.

Depends on what you like. Since you seem to enjoy JRPGs, I'll toss a suggestion out there for Wild Arms (at least the first three) and the Shadow Hearts games, since I've found them really enjoyable. Granted, I haven't actually tried emulating them myself to see how they handle like that.

Going through my SNES rom library to figure out what to play. These are mostly games that have been on my backlog for over a decade. I've also played "the classics". Basically what I'm looking for is input on these games in the following form: is the story engaging compared to games with great stories or good books and is the gameplay solid enough to keep me entertained and on my toes?

What I have:

It's hard to say without knowing what you've played and what systems you're able/willing to emulate.

Anyways, for Tetris I strongly recommend Tetris Attack for the SNES. Shit gets ridiculously hard and fun on harder difficulty.

For jRPGs, there's the obvious Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy 5/6/7.

For tactics/strategy there's Final Fantasy Tactics, Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen and Tactics Ogre: Let us Cling Together.

I've had no problems running Pokemon black.

BOF2 is amazing- especially with the retranslation patch: romhacking.net/translations/1384/

If i can get a 'gpd xd' (amazon isnt restocking them anymore so i have to buy from a 3rd party seller) i will be able to emulate dreamcast down plus ds and psp.

Bump

Nigger what? Evolution had large portions scrapped so they could fit into Nintendo's mini-cds and Skies of Arcadia got a couple bonuses and a supposedly lowered encounter rate. I've played both versions and I've never noticed a difference in the encounter rate, being roughly a level or so in difference at certain points in the game. The DC music is better too plus it looks great on a VGA.

Huh. That's the first I've heard of it. Skies of Arcadia having a lowered encounter rate would be a good thing though.

Yeah, I just had to look this up. Apparently 3 out of 5 dungeons on the first game are removed. Never felt that bad when I played it 12 years ago, but I never played the original.
The graphics are touched up for GC, aren't they? And you can emulate it and increase internal resolution by a fuckton to make it look nicer.

If you want generic JRPG with a lot of customization, Metal Max Returns is in English. I liked the setting even if it's nothing too mindblowing.

Seems like a good time for me to emulate a bunch of PS1 games I never got round to. Which of these is still worth playing:

ape escape
tomba
einhander
tenchu
colony wars & vengeance
r type delta
rollcage stage 2
metal slug x
vigilante 8
die hard
siphon filter
spider man

Definitly play the 2 tomba games. They are really good.

tomba and tenchu

Which platform is best for playing Metal Slug games?
I know they're avalible one: MAME, PS1/2, Wii and PC. Am I missing any?

Metal Slug Anthology on the PS2 is pretty good.

Emulate the NEOGEO version via MAME or FBA

The PC port is a shit emulated version in every case (applies to both PC anthology and the steam rerelease),

The PS2 and Wii anthology port have tons of input lag and some additional content, the individual games are fine though and have even more content.

The PSX versions have more content but shit music.

Speaking of FBA, it keeps saying "Loading of D3DL.DLL and D3XD9_43.DLL failed" whenever I boot it up despite my computer being pre-loaded with DirectX11. It also won't detect some NeoGeo roms like KOF 2002, for example despite having the NeoGeo bios.

Are any other files required?

Much appreciated.
Good thing I asked too, because I already backed up the Wii version and maybe have a PS2 one laying around in the files somewhere. I also bought Metal Slug 3 and X on Steam so I could play with a friend. It was … ok.

Reinstall the latest DirectX redistribuable, should be june 2010 or something like that,
DX10/11 is totally separate from DX9 and earlier so even if Win7/8/10 come preinstalled with DX11 they don't have the DX9 stuff which is what seems to be missing.

Bullshit MAME rom versioning stuff, it should still boot fine.

Would that be on Microsoft's website, by any chance? I wasn't comfortable with it trying to install a toolbar the last time I tried to download something from there.

And I have to download different versions of the rom, you say? To clarify, games like Twinkle Star Sprites & The Last Blade 2 but not games like KOF2002 or Rage Of The Dragons, until I downloaded a rom just now that was titled 'kf2k2plc.zip' as opposed to the regular 'kof2002.zip' file and it was able to start.

Just a reminder:

NEVER EVER

soon

microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109

As for the roms you could try the ones from the MAME set on archive.org, they're a bit old by now but should work.

Chart user needs to fucking kill himself.

nice sound, and framerate

original hardware wins again

thats stupid because it assumes you would have to download the game again just to play what youve already downloaded

If you want him to die for putting in a shitty game and a couple of average ports couldn't you remove them yourself?

I'm honestly considering revising some of his charts, though I don't know how accepted they would be unless I'd meme them to death.

Seriously, as much as I appreciate his efforts, I'm really sick of his whole "pls no bully guiz I didn't grow up with this system but I want to make chart anyway". And then he proceeds to make the chart, but because he clearly doesn't play games he just accepts whatever dumbfuck game any user vouches for and it's not until he makes an initial draft we're all yelling at him on how shit it is.

Basically, because he's never played a video game in his life (seriously, he's ALWAYS made the excuse of never owning or knowing ANYTHING about consoles he's made charts for), he has no basic measure of quality of what's good or not. If he did, he'd know SNK games on non Neo Geo systems were mostly shit and that Clayfighters is just plain bad and is only remembered for its claymation gimmick look. Keep in mind, these are things any dumb fuck who played 16 bit games already knows.

Sorry for the rant, but I've constantly corrected him on what does and doesn't belong in a chart, and I'm tired of autisming out about it.

Arcade ports are inferior anyways, he should of just made a clear section for them. I personally don't mind them since downloading mame sets is a bitch. Really though, do whatever that makes you happy.

Yeah, that's what I was referring to in regards to Microsoft's site, at least it's seems safe after scanning it and making sure not to download any additional software from MS for the time being. Hate how they're so pushy with Windows 10.