Movies that didn't need sequels

Name some movies that you think didn't need sequels.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/WiX8C
archive.is/mGeuj
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Episode IV is really nu-neccassary.

Definitely this one!

>A Star Wars Story!
Is that supposed to be a children's booklet?

Well, it is a children's movie

Does anything?

Couple of these are of the originals, but in the end I decided the rest are so unknown it'd be better to post pics of them instead. Home Alone 2 was alright but should've stopped there.

Hello Reddit.

Gremlins.

All of them. There's really no point to creating a sequel when something is already a self-contained story with a defined end. If there's more story to tell, make it a mini-series.

Best example, Cocoon: The Return. Who cares what happens when they come back? The point was that they go with the aliens and live forever. The story that has already ended is artificially extended to the detriment of the original ending, where it was assumed they would never return.

B-but people die in it, it's mature!

wat

Amimatrix showed that there was still potential for stories in the Matrix universe. They fucked it up by focusing on an increasingly inhuman Neo, rather than relatable characters.

He's very human in the third movie.

Ok, why?

archive.is/WiX8C
archive.is/mGeuj
They were both complete flops; the first one changed the genre of the original to full-on comedy whereas the second one had P. Diddy in it, which is all you ever need to know.

GB2 was a masterpiece compared to the 2016 parody, only Reddit has a problem with it.
I'm thoroughly convinced Caddyshack II was made entirely tongue-in-cheek and deliberately sabotage so that the trailer for the original film would make sense
The TMNT sequel has fucking Vanilla Ice and Elmo from Sesame Street's voice actor in it, explains itself
And the two BTTF sequels were sort-of necessary as the original left us on a sequel hook. Sure they weren't as good as the original, but as the director stayed throughout the trilogy they were both solid in their own right.

Sounds like something they'd do tbh

there should have never been a caddyshack 1 it was a terrible movie

I can attest to this. The parts that people take clips of are the only notable ones in the movie.

Rodney Dangerfield makes me uncomfortable. I just get this vibe from him like he has corpses of children burried in his basement.

The cuckime adaptation was bretty fucking good, I liked it even more than the original tbh.

Prometheus did. Unfortunately it never got one.

I really miss hand painted posters.

They should have stopped with this one.

No it wasn't fuck off shiteater. I was expecting something good from the Ninja Scroll guy but it was really stupid.

it was fine when it was 1-6 and EU

it's just the disney shit that's bad.

Sweet lord, those joints were unnecessary as hell, no wonder they got buried
But why the archive? does Jimbo Wales make you uncomfortable? or is it about those gommie mods

Meint Ihr, kein Argument?

DIABEETUS

Sometimes a sequel is a good idea. It depends on if there's a good reason to do one (And not just for more money.) Is there more to the story of the first one?

American Psycho 2 is ny favourite film.
I watch it every two weeks or so.
Mila Kunis performance is her best to date.

Its always the first post

So is every Star Wars movie.

Making sequels to this film was a huge waste of pointlessly recycled ideas, like most shitty sequels.

The prequels were great but I thought this film was really conclusive to the saga. All the plot treads and themes are tied together and finished. There was really nowhere to go from here.

yOUR MOM
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

your favorite sequel's prequel