Neo Yokio

twitter.com/arzE/status/905131188175519744

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghost_in_the_Shell_(2017_film)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avi_Arad
lostmediawiki.com/Gen_Zed_(partially_found_unreleased_pilot_of_animated_series;_2015)
slideshare.net/YovieSopiandi/how-to-draw-manga-vol-1-compiling-characters
thefader.com/2017/07/31/netflix-20-billion-debt
monitor.icef.com/2015/09/japanese-government-asks-universities-to-close-social-sciences-and-humanities-faculties/
archive.is/iOzmH
archive.is/p7YKJ
animeherald.com/2015/07/04/anime-expo-2015-production-i-g-producing-fox-adhd-project/
streamchan.org#animu
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What the actual fuck is this ?
Why is DEEN involved in this ?

You know it's one thing to have crappy, stiff animation, but it's another thing to have that AND a horrible art style that looks more like a parody of 80's anime than a legitimate western "anime". But wait, there's more, the voice acting is also horrendous and flat, there is no emotion conceived in the dialog, nothing, just the actors reading their lines from the script and waiting for their paycheck. Now hold it, if you call in the next 10 minutes, you will also receive cultural marxism and a liberal agenda of diversity and multiculturalism.

Also where does Netflix get the money to create all these animated show? You have this garbage, Castlevania, Voltron, an isekagi aka Lego Elves: Secrets of Elvendale that has nothing to do with Lego, and I am sure there's something I am forgetting. I get that they receive money from subscriptions, but I have to wonder why they have suddenly started producing all these animated shows, plus they also did a western version of Death Note? Just why?

user, you can't expect any sane user to click that shit.

Weeb shit is hip at the moment and they're all trying to cash in, and the 80's nostalgia bubble is starting to burst. The Hollywood Ghost in The Shell movie, was financed by an Indian production company, dreamworks doing the CGI with Viacom as the sole distributor of the film and the only reason they were able to do it is because Avi Arad (USed to be the CEO of Marvel Studios) bought the GiTs movie rights for cheap and the only movie he's made with his Arad Production company was Bratz. Check it out yourself.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghost_in_the_Shell_(2017_film)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avi_Arad

This shit looks more like a bad parody of anime than any kind of attempt at a series show.. Also these voice actors are all fucking terrible.

This is why you bitch at OP to provide a webm, here have a palette cleanser.

One moment.

Looks like they changed the website. Step 2 can be skipped I guess.

Castlevania is crap though.

gud job netflix.

what the fuck

Oh god that shit looks like Totally Spies but with black fags.

this is hilarious, not as in the actual contentbut it existing
the joke is that someone convinced netflix to make a gay niggers anime
I might pirate it just out of curiosity

Daddy bought him an anime, didn't he?

It is horrendous visually on nearly every level, but art direction takes the cake. Until people in the thread mentioned DEEN and Production IG I was convinced that it was a product of some cheap Canadian or Korean animation studio. Voice acting is bad too and the name sound stupid. Brown Oni-mask dancer is the only good thing about it so far.

Judging by the quality, it's them and IG just putting minimum effort just to get gaijin dollars and possibly test some new hires. Just like with FLCL 2 and 3.

She's not hot anymore if you imagine her fake anime face under it.

for you

Its horrendous since the anime studio involved is DEEN which are infamous of fucking up a FATE adaptation

I wonder why they chose DEEN, the only good thing they make are comedies.

This is so strange its like they are trying to go for some boondocks type of comedy but also want to try something serious action investigation thing.

It tries to be serious but then you get lines like

jesus fucking christ, I couldn't even sit through the trailer.
do they realize this is shit or do they think that people can't see a turd for what it is?

Looks like some Deviant Art shit.

I wish i was Will Smith's son so I could get my own horrible anime project.

These shows are produced by people whose only social outlets are twitter and awards shows. Yes. They are that out of touch with society.

I never implied that, only that they suddenly started releasing Netflix Original™ cartoons.

This show looks awesome, for a couple frames every second.
Seriously what the fuck? It looks like a fun concept that will more than surely become a convoluted steamy pile in about 1/2 of an episode… I guess? What's the concept to begin with?
The trailer didn't told me anything to get invested in this just some "cool" scenes that rip-off every anime under the sun, even an Akira bike.
The show's called "Neo-Yokio" so I guess that's the joke, but even "Kappa Mickey" had something on its own when it tried this concept and that was Mickey being an actor but I can't even begin to get heads or tails on this crap.
Also, that has to be the most boring looking mecha I've seen since in this day and age.

They don't.
They make them real cheap, Voltron is okay but because a part of the load is paid by Dreamworks.
I actually get more pissed by the stiff animation, if you gave me bad art work but was at least consistent and fluid I'll probably take it.
It just pisses me of that realistic looking animations have stiff framerate and animation, I know is harder to animate a human body than a grinning potato but if you're doing the extra mile and drawing shoulder blades on a striper's back you might as well do it at 24fps at least.

im pretty sure that is society

Twitter is made to be a personal echo chamber and most celebrities and verified accounts use blockbots and different tools to filter out everyone but the most sycophantic losers.

Awards shows are places where only people who suck the ideological dick get recognized and celebrated for crying about politics and claiming to be oppressed.

It's like seeing those tumblr redrawings of anime characters come to life. Do western eyes always distort what actual anime looks like into an off-colored mess? Crayon Shin-chan has a better aesthetic. Hell, even Perfect Hair Forever has a better understanding of anime than this.

Will Smith can't let it go that Jaden was a mistake.

Netflix makes an obscene amount of money, but the most costly part of their business is to pay out for the licensing to get shows on their service. They want to pad out their content with shows they own the licensing to, and then they don't have to spend as much to keep their library full of something to watch.

They look like characters from Serenity.

"FUCKIN SJWS."

"FUCKIN ALT-RING"

I can't believe people still don't understand this a parody of anime tropes all in one show, damn weebs.

Netflix must be getting really desperate for original content to greenlight this shit.

It's a shitty american anime instead being a shitty japanese anime don't get your panties in a bunch. And fuck you if you think this is bad but you mainline shitty fanservice siscon animes every new season A good 60% of all seasonal animes is trash and you know it Don't take it so personally just because it's american this time.

I would imagine the main thing that matters when greenlighting something is just how cheap or expensive it is. They make plenty of shit content that you never even hear about. If you look hard you'll find some terrible terrible shit that gets hidden away from the normal "Netflix Originals"

I can name more anime Nazi's off the top of my head than anime commies.
Rudol Von Strohiem (Jojo)
The Major and most of millennium (Hellsing)
Brocken Jr. (Kinnikuman)
Though it loathes me to bring up that Fujoshi bait trash, Germany from Hetalia.
Hitler also has made appearances in many anime.
I don't know whether General Blue from Dragon Ball counts, but he's pretty much wearing an SA uniform so i'm putting him on here.

Notice how they're all the bad guys?

Nazi jojo isn't a bad guy. the major and millennia are but everyone in hellsing is kinda evil.
Though mostly they are used as bad guys, not because they are hated but because it's just an easy go to due to USA influence during occupation.

Stroheim was a "bad guy" he just wasn't antagonistic toward Jojo and company. The German who got killed when the Pillar Men first appeared would be considered a straight good guy.

The term from professional wrestling would be a "heel-face turn".
Stroheim started as a straight villain (a heel) but as the story progressed he became a good guy (a face).
A lot of people forget that most of the good guys in Dragonball were villains at one point.
Tien, Piccolo, Vegeta, 18, Buu. All of them were villains who later went on to be part of either the primary or periphery cast of heroes.
Also,

Brocken Jr. wasn't really a bad guy. His father, Brockenman was the Nazi, and he got eaten by Ramenman. Kinnikuman was a weird series.

Why Yokio?
Cause mufuggin bix nood sey 'yo?

Because this whole thing is like one long awful attempt to go
Every fucking reference is surface level normalfag shit that seems they scraped together from some shitty "WHAT'S ANNY-MAE AND WHY ARE KIDS CRAZY FOR IT?" article written in the 90s.

I think it's supposed to be a combination of York and Tokyo.

I don't even know how it's possible that they fucked up this bad, Afro samurai was pretty good, had some good action scenes, story wise was lacking but I wasn't watching it for the story anyway, this shit just looks like its trying hard to push an agenda plus the horrendous animation and VA, the other elven animation that came before is pretty shallow but not as bad as this thing, Netflix is trying to make it as cheap as possible since this thing seen dead on arrival already.

Not to mention obviously referencing Neo-Tokyo for that Akira/Evangelion street cred.

Jesus fuck, again with the fucking nosebleeds. It's a miracle they managed to make Korean animation and donghua look GOOD in comparison. Not even MistyChronexia's abortion, which is similar to this mess in that both have no fucking clue how anime is made other than tossing a few hundred-dollar bills at sweatshop workers with Down's syndrome, is as bad in visuals. At least Studio Izune had some animators who were aware of sakuga even if they criminally underpaid them just as Netflix is doing now.

It's especially weird that it came out looking so shit and so close to being a bad satire of anime when they hired TWO anime studios to help them.

ayy

The animation and artstyle looks awful.
Say what you will about the castlevania one but at the very least it looked really good and the 40 second teaser did more to get my interest than this 2 minute one.

Castlevania wasn't very good, mostly because it was written by Warren Ellis. What I wanted was a show about fighting demons. What I got was Trevor Belmont fights a high-schooler's interpretation of the medieval church.

DEEN's made a Fate adaptation?

It's like a GKIDS dub cast gone out of control

Jesus Christ, there's a lot more new fags here.

It will get another season thanks to all of the idiots watching it ironically.

Implying they won't just pirate the movie. Also horrible stuff doesn't always stay afloat with "the ironic crowd", see nu-Ghostbusters.

wait, there's no fucking way an actual anime studio is working on this, it looks like a youtube fan animation.

How autistic and normalfag do you have to be to actually believe this?

Oh god, here comes the normie crowd.

Jaden probably paid DEEN (and IG for the action scenes) a year's worth of cashflow with his allowance from Daddy

lol New York -> Neo Yokio
If there's a Twin Towers 9/11 scenec, that will worth be it.

It's financed by USAians. USAians can NOT parody.

You know it's a (((Western))) production when you see the requisite race-mixing propaganda.

Not enuff race-mixing!

It says in the OP it was made by this faggot.

That's not the race-mixing (((they))) want to promote, duh.

But my Alina Li BBC

What is he most known for?

Some shitty boyband called Vampire Weekend.

That's all animu tbh.

Superior NY-based anime

>>>/cuckchan/

The bottom part of that pic reminds me of a kigurumi cosplayer for some reason.

If you keep this up people will keep using that nigger speak to irritate you, it happened with the Reddit spacing guy and now people hit enter when it isn't necessary to trigger him despite their post format looking like shit. Just some food for thought.

no

That's actually a bit disturbing.

Mmm….

This.

*Though to be fair tbh has been used her for awhile, about when all the other normalshit came in from the Kultur Kampf.

you know these are the faggots that constantly complain about cultural appropriation, yet here we are… though they probably don't see it as that because "we wuz da samurais" and shit.

I have the first one…somewhere.
Always worth a laugh. I could have drawn that shit with 14.

its a little weird

Imagine if your father brought you an anime? What would it be about?

30 minute toy Comercial

How long 'til they make a JoJo reference?

A fucking BattleTech anime
Or something set in the prohibition era, with car chases on 30's hot rods

The reboot of Kappa Mikey looks great.

Don't even joke like that, Kappa Mikey is leagues above of this.

Maybe for the Nips. Here in the west Normalfags don't know any anime that isn't Dragon Ball Z or Sailor Moon. Hell, The odds of your average normal knowing about Naruto, the most entry level of gateway anime, is very slim. Jojo pre anime used to be in the realm of weebness occupied by chubby twenty somethings who worked at hobby shops and had bootleg VHS tapes of the OVA alongside Fist of the North Star and Lupin the Third.
Post anime Jojo occupies the realm of basic bitch animu occupied by summertime one hit wonders like Attack on Titan and One Punch Man. But who knows, Soulja Boy watched enough of Death Note to steal music from it, maybe Jaden watches animu. With his level of autism, I wouldn't put it past him.
while we're on the subject, why is it that among the races you can tell from a glance what their favorite anime is? Blacks like Dragon Ball, Mexicans like Naruto, why is that?

mexicans also really like dragon ball, bleach, and one piece
basically typical shonen of all types

Toonami introduced Jojo to normalfags but they didn't like it.

9/11 this "anime"

so just like most cartoons then

At least Kappa Mikey wasn't SJW

Yeah they tend to have that effect on people.

Anything with neo in its name is jewish or orchestrated by jews.

That doesn't look so bad, it looks like the boondocks in some aspects. It looks like it will be pozzed as fuck, though.

I mean it may be good but it certainly won't look good. I think it's the colours.

Oh well at least it will be weird.

What part of it might be "good" from your point of view? The artwork is horrible, the animation is stiff, the voice-acting is dull, the setting is cultural marxism to the max, and we barely know anything about the plot, though I bet it will also be shit.
Anyway it reminds me of this "gem".

I guess I should also post this.

Damn, that takes me back. Did this piece of shit ever come out? Last I heard Hayden Black was still trying to con SJWs out of shekels on merch while kicking the van down the road on a release date.

Apparently it hasn't been released, it will probably never will be.
lostmediawiki.com/Gen_Zed_(partially_found_unreleased_pilot_of_animated_series;_2015)

Basically We Wuz Ahnimuh Kangz

I think it's because Netflix is the new Direct to DVD. But more like OVA instead of cheap shovelware. (Not fake weeb shit like Neo Yokio, but something like a Brazilian mockbuster). Netflix is just a more efficient and less risky platform than television and movies. For example, this movie has too much of a budget to settle for Direct to DVD, but I doubt theaters would feel okay showing this scene to kids.

>(((NETFLIX)))
Oh yeah.. But it might be good. Fuck you.

There's just too much hot garbage to handle in one 2 minute video.

Don't forget the "woke" climate change statements.

How much do you want to bet that the characters start preaching to the audience every 5 minutes as well?

Fun fact: Even if the temperature jumped way the fuck up, it would still take a few hundred years for all the ice to completely melt and even once it did, the most we'd see is about an 11-12 inch increase in sea level. New York would not be underwater.

Hey now, I didn't see all of an Inconvenient Truth, but I do know that Al Gore was right.

I'm currently backstroking down the street on my way to work.

Probably something with mexican cowboys.

1st two yes. It looks like shit. You can't usually judge acting quality from a trailer. The setting could be that or it could just be an excuse to put a bunch of interesting characters together. We barely know anything on the plot so there's nothing to say there.

It probably will be shit but who knows

What about this gives you any indication it will be good?

It probably won't be. But the trailer didn't leave much of an impression either way.

It did. You're just retarded.

I thought it was the other way around.

It's honestly swappable.

most Mexicans I knew were more into Dragon Ball, Saint Seiya, King of Fighters and some grandpas liked Mazinger Z.

They still play saint sieya and DBZ on TV over in Mexico.

But are they still doing re-runs of Spongebob and Malcom?

If it looked like an 80's anime, it would be even more interesting looking than this….

It's insulting to compare this stiff, generic as fuck knock-off anime style to the gloriousness that was the 80s. It would be a feat to replicate it, even out of incompetence.

80's anime was shit tbhfam.

Go to bed junior.

You know what this Neo Yokio reminds of, the shitty manga that TOKYOPOP would put out. Or something from those Rising Star contest comics.

Is that Greg Cipes?

I vaguely remember watching that anime.

Do you mean "bought"?
He already did. Several, all from Miyazaki.

Didn't see his name, so probably not.

wrong.

Kek, he even has a fedora.

How was it a high schooler interpretation? Also the anime only covered the opening menu scrawl pretty much, I assumed the actual story of the game will take place in season 2 on.

It was a point in the show that Christianity wasn't bad, it was just that the church became corrupt. Stop getting triggered when someone portrays the chruch in a way you don't like.

consider that it is canon that the Belmonts were excommunicated

Are you new or from Holla Forums?

Hi reddit.

No, I'm asking you for an explanation because I don't get your logic. I'm sorry I can't read your mind, user.

Not me, faggot.

Then why are you even butting in? I assume since you replied and made a claim about me, you at least understand the original poster's logic.

an user made a claim, I asked a question, you replied with an insult, I asked for clarification since you apparently understand his logic and understanding enough to insult me over it, so I don't see why it would matter if you are the original user or not.

It really doesn't matter who you are. I asked you a question. Are you going to answer it?:

Fuck off or lurk more you autistic nigger.

Read more you autistic faggot.

uh oh:^)

I bought one of them almost 20 years ago, but it was one of the books that was originally published in Japan and then translated over later, not one written and drawn by someone with an American name.

Nice, got any pics

Wait what?

I don't know where my copy of the book is now, it's been a while, but I just did a search and found it here.
slideshare.net/YovieSopiandi/how-to-draw-manga-vol-1-compiling-characters

It's from 1999, so there's no digital drawing covered in here, purely physical tools and some pages on how to use them. Also, a lot of the book focuses on storytelling techniques rather than art techniques or "here's how to draw manga-style!" techniques.

One of these days, someone should make a thread highlighting all the old shit animators used back in the to animate, western or eastern.

Yeah, it's old news now but it rustled quite a few weebs back in the day. Soulja Boy doesn't have many hits outside of Crank dat. But a few years back there was some controversy when a few dedicated weebs found that he had "sampled" some pieces of the Death Note OST for some songs on his album. He couldn't claim ignorance because he had made it very clear that he too was a weeb with a song on the album titled "Bitch, I look like Goku." Parodied in the weeks after as "Bitch, you look like Mr. Popo."

Reminds me of this.

What happened in the end?

He got embarrassed and had a the web swept of those songs so it's almost impossible to find them now.

It would have been a fun trainwreck.

These were pretty good if you need to know what to draw and how to draw them properly.

I got the ones about fighting scenes (english) and Mechs (Japanese).

Damn you for subjecting me to that.

How much longer until anime begins to be affected by the Western masses?

trips checked

This shit looks like late-90's/early-2000's anime, back before they had really figured out how to make digital coloring work.

How was this allowed to happen?

I'm a little envious.

Wait, they're still giving this kid wo-
Oh, never mind.

What is it with netflix and anime anyways, judging from that trailer, they don't even know how to produce one, yet they keep churning them out.

Complete lack of self-awareness, combined with a nasty social media echo chamber leading them to think that their tumblr brand writing will totally resonate with this #woke generation.

err no, it looks like 2017 youtube fan animation
digital colouring is shit

Hard to tell, but involvement of Adult Swim and Netflix in anime production is certainly not a good sign. Marvel tried to do it close to ten years ago and failed. Hopefully the same thing will happen this time around.
At least we've got Space Dandy out of it so far.

They're making CGI Saint Seiya remake for kikeflix, I'm sure it's not gonna be shit at all.

Well yeah, that's the problem. They watch entry tier normalfag anime then think that's what all anime is, spread that knowledge everywhere like STD and then every retard screams WEEEEEBS, without even knowing what that means, after seeing anything even vaguely japanese related.
Pretty much never seeing how anime doesn't appear out of thin air - it's either an adaptation of a manga, in which case it's a product of a hellish industry where you sleep 4 hours a week in order to stay published and do everything to appeal to your reading audience which is obviously japanese; or if it's an original anime project nowadays that means it's entirely fanservice based, catering to the most basic otaku interests like mechs and moe. There's really no place where western market, which is deeply secondary to japs, could infiltrate anime outside of some specific collaborations.

Now we just wait for Hollywood to try and cash in on this Annie-may the kids like. Just like the 90's! Anyone but me remember that straight to video Fist of the North Star movie? Maybe we'll get those projects Warner Bros have been sitting on for years like Naruto.

They're doing it already. We had to suffer this year through GITS and Death Note. They're preparing to rape Akira, Bebop, Kiki and Alita. They did already announce Naruto.

btw, Fist of the North Star movie wasn't straight to video.

Wait, what's wrong with adult swim again?

Yeah, wasn't that a showtime thing?

Are we talking live action film or anime film?

People watch a lot of anime on netflix, netflix sees this and makes it's own anime. It's how the Death Note movie came to be. A lot of people were watching that so they thought it would be a good idea to give those people more Death Note content.

Why make your own inept, embarrassing version tho? Wouldn't giving japs money to make a new animated film and then have exclusive right to its broadcast on netflix make way more sense?

That I don't know but I think they made it themselves because it was be the cheapest option. Remember, on Netflix all it takes is a lot of people watching something to make it a success for them, and a lot of people like watching bad movies.

Hmm, I don't know how netflix politics works but there's no way it was the cheapest option. The reported budget for 2017's abomination was 40 million shekels. The budget for something like Redline was 30 million and that's an expensive as fuck anime, usually it's way cheaper. They probably wanted a franchise or something, there's no other explanation.

Plus isn't Netflix's debt in the billions?

Is it? Hopefully they go bankrupt then.

thefader.com/2017/07/31/netflix-20-billion-debt
They have 20 billion in debt to be exact and they keep spending big.

How exactly does one go in debt for 20 fucking billion?

We can only hope.

Producing bunch of series with little regard to their quality, and being extorted by cable and internet providers at every opportunity.

They are willing to cancel shows for ideological reasons, even if it's financially detrimental. World Peace had high ratings, higher than most AS's shows, but it got axed due to complaints from SJWs.
Other than that, AS is very cheap, and goes as far as chasing a quick buck and funding cheap shows, while passing on more ambitious projects that would be more expensive up front but had more staying power.

Space Dandy managed to avoid both of these issues, but FLCL 2 and 3 look pretty cheap. In future, AS might demand studios to avoid problematic content like female fanservice, women being shown in bad light, dark humor etc. and instead forcing in popculture references, memes, gross out humor, and toning down action in favor of hamfisted drama. In worst case scenario, other studios might try to follow the suit in an attempt to capture Americans' attention.

Why are we discussing anime here?

BO says that if it's currently being aired in the west then it's allowed.

get out hothead

Because /a/ mods deleted the thread, before the third reply(mine) was even posted.

8/a/ is utter fucking garbage run by an autistic no-fun-allowed sperg. No wonder board is dead. I sweat to fucking god, we're sooner gonna have an anime convo at Holla Forums. What has the world come to.

I don't go to /a/ what makes it so bad? Saging for off-topic.

As mentioned - board is run by an autistic no-fun-allowed sperg who deletes everything.
You're not even allowed to use (((brackets)))

It is the current year after all.

Are you implying they aren't?
>>>/reddit/

That's a shame, but this is anime and Holla Forums is for Western cartoons.

This is not anime you dumb faggot

It's made by an anime studio.

And? It's outsourced, like half the cartoons in the 80s, I don't see you complain about Thundercats or Animaniacs or Batman the animated series, or Cybersix etc. It's designed, written and voiced by westerners.

As insane mods from /a/ are, i wonder if they will start banning anime with NIGGERS as main characters.

The mods on /a/ are certainly faggots.

guys, I think I fixed it.

AY YO WE WUZ ANIMES N SHIEEET

Did I ever say that you stupid fucking nigger? Not everyone wants anime to be real. Why would I?

I want to be in the anime girls' world, not have them come here.

I'm seeing a lot of people say they're going to watch this just because it was made by the guy from Vampire Weekend.

are they good ?

no

Because the average cultured 8anon browses /achristiancoktechtg/ at the bare minimum. We switch boards but talk to the same people.

You be the judge.

The official English dub of part 3 is already making it's rounds. The most consumer-friendly part, and with an official showing on (((CN))), too. Needless to say, a "yellow vampire" costume is coming to a Hot Topic near you, next year, at the very least.

A team of Delta Green trained operators are enlisted by a PMC which receives contracts from various world governments. Their job is to operate, and to hunt down chuuni and shounen elements which have been seeping into the real world. These strange powers manifesting in ordinary people accompanying extra dimensional beings that come along with it have put humanity on the edge and near the brink of chaos and abject ruin. Those chosen to serve are reformed kids who were saved from the brink, so they are naturally more hardy than ordinary men and women.

well at least he is creative

How bad is it?
The thought of oraora in english is making me cringe just writing about it.

In response to the reception of the terrible accents in part 2, they've decided to void the accents of all the cast, saving the returning character of DIO, still voiced by Patrick Seitz. No French Jean-Pierre. No Jap Jotaro or Noriaki, though they've got a cheap Mr. Satan impression going on, for 'Old Man' Joseph. No telling how his exclamations will be affected.

No effort.

Did Latza make this?

(they prob don't even know about "sakuga")
Is this what they call having their cake, eating it and then proceeding to shit on it?

Don't forget they let themselves get bullied by Tim and Eric which resulted in Big O' getting fucked over.
Christ and I thought only vidya was tarnished by this SJW immature cuck-tier whiny ass crap. Wasn't bad enough those landwhale cunts had to glorify yaoishit and demonize fanservice for no reason.

Finally someone who gets it. fucking /m/ is more dead than /a/ but even their threads are nowhere as bad

For fucks sake why do people say "anime is immune to the SJWs" when example after example shows that it's not. It's just not as fucked as the others yet. It will be like vidya in a while unless it is stopped

Err, name those examples.
You mean western vidya? Because japanese vidya is doing just fine. It's pozzed during localization by gaijins, sure, but it itself is clean.

That means it isn't clean

What? No, it means localization isn't clean. You can always play the original, untainted version, unlike western vidya which is just deep rooted cancer.

How? There's no legal method to obtain any of these, and the illegal ways are being hunted down, at the moment.

The Japs haven't been known to give a fuck about American sensibilities. Then again, they do have their own homegrown breed of no-fun moral crusaders like any other civilized country.

Nothing can stop a pirate, user. Nothing.

Except a ninja.

>>>/a/

nice meme

It's not a meme. Anime goes on /a/. This board is for Western cartoons and comics.

Feels like the progression of vidya over the ages. It was initially novel and highly popular during the era of it's creation, then settled into its own niche where it was unpopular because anything beyond mass marketed casual trash was considered too obtuse for normalfags, and then as it built up into a large industry and became more soulless, and the tools for creation became more easy to use, the parasites began sneaking back in, realizing they could exploit the built up community and industry to spew their cancerous faggotry.

This happened to cartoons and comics. It's happened to vidya. The cultural barrier has finally been lowered enough that they're trying to do it to anime with awful localizations, American live action adaptations of legendary series, and now with Sorosflix knockoff anime series. What a miserable time to be alive.

Congratulations on being the third or fourth dumb faggot to redirect to /a/ without reading the thread. The writing, production design, and voice acting for this show was all done here in the western world, they just outsourced the animation to a Japanese studio. If this is anime, then so is Batman TAS and, for that matter, virtually all western-produced action cartoons.

Disgusting. Admittedly the only anime-ish blackie I like is Ramlethal.

Somewhat ironic that Steve Buscemi is also a voice actor in this mess.

the west will never do diversity, right.

I wouldn't have a problem with people of different ethnicities in my cartoons/vidya if they were better looking. It's not that they're of different skin color, the real problem is that they're ugly as shit and their design is also bad.

Anime goes on /a/.

Hi, I can't read threads/am a bot.
Your choice.

Autists go on >>>/autism/

Are you retarded? Ordering japanese version of a game is not illegal.

Yeah, I got a PS4 copy of Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late[st] that says "FOR JAPAN ONLY" on the back cover, but that didn't stop Amazon.co.jp from shipping it, customs from accepting it, or my US PS4 from loading and running it.

Japanese games like Star Ocean 5 are starting to be pre censored for western sensibilities. No Japanese Vidya isn't fine, it's only a matter of time until (((Marxists))) irrevocably destroy their culture as well. This whole thing is just them making a move on anime too.

Yeah, in the west.
>No Japanese Vidya isn't fine, it's only a matter of time until (((Marxists))) irrevocably destroy their culture as well.
lol no, nice meme tho

FOR JAPAN ONLY refers to retail sale

Thats what really pisses me off
Is there anything new on the horizon that isn't shit?

Fuck, whens Comiket 93 besides the month of December?

Hes dumb enough to own a PS4 user
What do you think?

No star ocean was censored in japan as well. The only meme here is that weebs like you believe is a impenetrable fortress where SJW ideas go to die.

And you know what happened? The otakus, feeling betrayed, boycotted the game, and as a result the game bombed hard. Some even claim that in the day of it's release, the game went from full price, to the the equivalent of the dollar bin. That's how big of a powerhouse the otakus are.
The Jew fear the otaku

It's nice to think that Japan is safe and all but this current generation is similar to America's in that they've been brainwashed into being open minded because they don't want to be traditionalists like their elders, because it isn't progressive. More and more women are becoming feminists and the men are too beta to put a stop to it, they'd rather eat grass. Now it won't happen soon but things WILL get bad as they are in South Korea, just because they're Asian doesn't meant they're safe and you are a fool for thinking that.

You see that as a success, and where a bystander is going to see as them failing to tap into foreign markets. Like how the transformer movies under preform in US domestic markets but always turns a profit in china. In fact that's one the main issues with video games right now they have a massive customer base that has no standards. So they don't have to cater to picky fucks with standards.

One of the things that's stopping japan from being tainted with SJWs is that they don't know how to tap into the international markets reliably. They just develop shit they will sell domestically and occasionally license the rights to localize in other countries and hope for the best. Jews may fear the otaku, but the end goal of jews is to circumvent the otaku in the first place.

I know South Korea had that woman cult secretly leading the country but are feminists really that bad there?

Yes.

Considering their feminists have poisoned men by putting antifreeze in their drinks, yes, it's pretty fucking bad.

Mother of god, I had no idea things were that bad there.

I went to university there from 2004-2008 and things were relatively sane there then. And then something happened to make the government decide it needed to start cracking down on freedom and start protecting people from themselves. I remember stopping by there in 2009 and running into the KCSC Warning page when the site I was trying to connect to wasn't even porn or anything.

They're deciding to emulate China in that they consider themselves the parents of their citizens and are obligated to be moral guardians, punishing their kids for stepping out of line.

The implications of this are really scary.

How is he wrong?

Jesus. Hope they get better now that that cult doesn't rule over the country.

Fucking this.
These people saying "It's only pozzed in the west" are trying to deny reality and it will hit them like a brick when they finally realise that the same things are happening in Japan. Japan is just behind the West just like Sweden is ahead of the US. Japan doesn't live in a magic void.
JAPAN WILL BECOME SJW UNLESS YOU FIGHT IT
For the love of god it's this passive "it won't happen to me" shit that lets them get away with it every time. People need to fucking stand up for what they like.
As that gook said "the enemy of justice is not evil. It's apathy."

On a lighter note, anybody got any webms of neo yokio? We need to see the results

I hope japan becomes sjw lol

do you want to star the third world war ?

yes

So in that case Slavs and Chinese will be the last sane people left.

Three more days. Probably more, because it's doubtful that someone will be eager to invest to rip and upload something that looks so bad.

HOW IS THIS FUCKING POSSIBLE

pffff
merica made animu will always, ALWAYS be looked down upon by every animu fan with self respect
the only exceptions are the shows that are actually good, the first Avatar series is the only one i can think of
these morons will fail cus they are simply unable to produce anything of quality
and fuck them if they shit up animu dubs cus fan translators still sub them as soon as they come out
don't worry user.
nips are smart
they smelled burgerblood in the air and began to take measures to remove merchant

monitor.icef.com/2015/09/japanese-government-asks-universities-to-close-social-sciences-and-humanities-faculties/

..What's wrong with your keyboard?

You have to go back.

It's going to hit you hard when you realise that nowhere is safe. Just igve it time.

A review from Anime News Network has come out, which is apparently an SJW site according to anime autists, and they completely trashed it.

damn lol

archive.is/iOzmH

Its bad of a tracing. Almost intern bad.

no, it was corrupt, I get that. I felt the townspeople were written as unrealistically fickle and stupid

Yeah, ANN is poisoned by the same clique of elitist hipsters who believe everything is problematic/racist/sexist/etc.. but it says quite a bit about the lack of quality that even all the "#diversity" and virtue signalling in the world couldn't win over that bunch of whiny hipsters.

This. Just because horrible shit gets a bad reception or makes little money doesn't mean things are good. The fact that the horrible shit released as is means that no matter the reaction or results, it's still a bad thing because someone spent some amount of money, some amount of time, maybe some effort, and other resources and attention from better things in order to make a terrible product. It's why an aspiring chef's meals made and prepared from before he becomes a five star restaurant owner aren't considered wastes, since those were essentially the steps taken to get where he is now.

Absolutely nothing will improve thanks to shit like Neo-Yokio, it's why nothing will improve if a shitty product or censored product gets boycotted and nothing else happens. Shutting down bad shit is fine, but good shit still needs to get made. Treating Japan as some sort of SJW/leftism-resistant monolith will only set one up for future disappointment.

feels bad

nah, i rather watch everything burn while eating popcorn and saving all my vanilla lewds american anime in different hard drives

Niiice.

Luckily this show seems to be getting trashed by even the most cucked of sites, see (Satan)
We must remain vigilant, but perhaps there's hope after all.

(checked)

archive.is/p7YKJ

I….I…..I don't know how to feel…

Turns out Netflix didn't make this, it was a shelved series meant for Fox. NF probably got the rights to air it cheap, and some think it was a package deal in order to get the Will Smith movie.

animeherald.com/2015/07/04/anime-expo-2015-production-i-g-producing-fox-adhd-project/

Well, considering Polygon seems to sincerely think that Jaden Smith's twitter faggotry is all some elaborate act, I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that they haven't seen that this is how he always acts. If there's a sincere, intelligent, clever Jaden Smith, he's never shown his face. Even the quote they picked with him explaining that it's all an act is like the classic "ha ha, I was only pretending to be retarded!" deflection.

lol

That explains a lot

Neo Yokio stream streamchan.org#animu

It sounds like one of those bad parody dubs.

Goes on /a/.

If only we hadn't failed McCarthy and executed all of these red bastards when we had the chance.

How come all cartoons nowadays featuring niggers have them ugly as all hell? I remember watching old shows (think 80s-90s) with niggers that are NOT an eye sore.

Because in the 80's and 90's you had black actors with some sense of style. Your Billy D. Williams's and your Ernie Hudsons. Nowadays you have full on Bix Nood chimpout depiction of blacks, not to mention, that since they no longer have an obligation to pretend to be civilized, you have actors like Samuel Jackson and (((Whoopi Goldberg))) showing their true feelings on race issues. surprise,surprise their basically black panthers at this point.

SLJ was literally a Black Panther member, he never tried to hide it.

Learn to read

Sam Jackson came into prominence in the '80s and '90s though, you dumb fuck

I really want to yell this at the commies at my college.

Somebody needs to webm this shit

Sometimes I like to forget. I let the world slide away and I let my memory dull. I partially convince myself that these people don't actually exist. That there's no one who could sincerely believe such maddening, ridiculous bullshit. They must be a crude parody, made up by a shitposted having a giggle by smattering their quantum-ironic tumblr shitposts with buzzwords for fun.

Then I'm reminded that they are even more crazy and detached from reality, and worse, they have no self-awareness about it at all… and these people run our entertainment industry, our public schools, our colleges and universities. They have the ear of politicians and celebrities. Best Korea needs to start firing the nukes already. I'm running out of ways to cope with this madness.

This show was a clusterfuck. It ends with Jayden Smith crossdressing so he can race through a modern art museum to smuggle a marxist terrorist away from the US Government and uses "maybe capitalism isn't so great after all" as a sequel hook for another season we'll hopefully never see.

For fucks sake.

Well this show manages to be proof of that despite itself

The only proofs it gives for capitalism not being so great are Jayden Smith's angsty spoilt brat bullshit, some shots of slums at the end, an annoying government agent who only shows up in two episodes, and Jayden Smith's rivalry with the blonde kid disappearing after a blue-haired Holla Forums poster bombs Times Square.

How amazingly cyclical. Spoiled brat gets hired for fathers connections to VA about how capitalism is bad because it creates spoiled brats.

I looked around for actual opinions from people and there seems to be two polar opposite reactions to this weird fucking "thing"
or
The communism thing is stupid though.

The people saying the show is somehow remotely satire are gullible idiotic redditors who are inventing that explanation to circlejerk. They clearly haven't seen a Studio Deen show and going by that studio's standards in this day and age, this is easily among their worst if not their worst. Redditors habitually claim something is meant to be seen a certain way despite a lack of evidence because they crave pretense. It needs emphasis: there's zero evidence -even supported by the show's own "merits"- that it was intended as satire - none. When it failed to debut on FXX (Fox channel), that was where it was meant to die. This show is legitimately awful in every possible way and only more insulting by the fact that it was intended to be seen as "anime." Draw your own conclusions based on its producers, writers, and presented themes and see why it's very easy for someone to make the case that it is far more likely to be propaganda than satire - poorly made regardless.

It would only be redeemable if it were so bad it's good but it clearly isn't. Whereas when Tommy Wisseau said The Room was a dark comedy once he gave up trying to cover up its flaws and so he could start monetizing his embarrassment, no one in their right mind believed him. But if The Room came out today, the delusional redditor would insist that Tommy Wisseau was right, and everyone else but their own sophisticated mind doesn't see it.

The most important think to understand about Neo Yokio is that Jayden Smith and his buddies are more absurd and retarded than anything they could ever dream of making. The quirky screencap bait gives the wrong impression: those moments stand out because they're so tame compared to the creators' delusional ideas, personalities, and worldviews leaking from everything.

Most of the "communist insurgents" they caught were of Jewish descent, by pure coincidence. Then, during the mid-seventies, the holocaust was brought into view, and it was over.

I'm only three episodes in and where do I even fucking begin with this trainwreck?! The city is shown off and touted as amazingly perfect and exciting but never truely feels alive because the animation is liquid ass, there are ghosts fucking up the city for some reason that the protag fights off with his indeterminate psychic powers that are equally unexplained, the ghosts don't even really do anything malevolent, they just possess shit for no reason and yet they're seen as a major issue that requires the aformentioned people of psychic lineage to take care of, and to top it all off, the protag fighting the ghosts has little to no connection to anything else going on in any given episode, their inclusion being as connected to the world of this tripe as a random encounter with a slime monster in an RPG. The second episode ends with the randomly introduced southern belle turn out to be a ghost that possessed the Crystal Skull and by the end nobody cared that this allegedly famous artist dissapeared off the face of the earth because protag gotta protag. It was so utterly pointless, but the protag is constantly urged to go do shit like this this by his auntie (who is white for some reason) despite there most likely being at least 100 other psychics who could do this shit for her over this wimpy, whinny little fruit.

Speaking of whinny, that's the protag's entire character and it's fucking atrocious. I know there's some other retard or retards who wrote this dreck, but it honestly feels at times like Jaden Smith himself wrote this character, because I cannot fathom any other person writing dialogue this insufferably forced and pseudointellectual-sounding. The other characters aren't any better, with most of them having zero charisma or backstory and are just there to be the other characters that exist so Jaden doesn't feel lonely in the recording studio acting like a pompous cunt. His two black friends are devoid of personality and do nothing if Jaden isn't there. His robot butler is a robot butler, which makes him out of place most of the time in addition to his not doing anything worth while. The blue-haired chick is all over the place in terms of who she's supposed to be; they mention that she's a popular fashion blogger, but after she is freed from being posessed she becomes a commie liberal activist who manages to somehow be the only character to shit on Jaden and his shallow, self absorbed, pants-on-head-retarded existence. His aunt, once again, is white for some fucking reason, which maybe makes one of his parents white as well, but that doesn't seem to matter as his parents are nowhere to be found, which most likely means one or both of them are dead, but I digress. The rival character is so unbelievably generic I could've sworn I had seen him on sale at a local Wal-Mart for $2.99. There is no good, solid reason given for why he and Jaden are rivals, and I guess it's only because they're both rich and "attractive". There's this fucking stupid ratings board that ranks rich kids, but like most everything else it's barely explained and bears little on anything that's going on. By the end of episode 1 Jaden is on top, but by the next episode he's at fifth or seventh or some shit.

And the continuity errors, plot holes and nonsensical shit, HOOO BOY…

what a soulless piece of drek

There needs to be name for this "I wish this was good so here's some elaborate theory about why it's secretly good with literally no evidence" thing that faggots do. You see it with the Sherlock, the Star Wars prequels, Eva Rebuild and a bunch of other shit

They'll say it's satire or ironic when it obviously isn't of come up with a bunch of nonscense theories that are blatently false.

It's called being delusional, but I agree we need a word for this. Maybe "Quality Theory Syndrome".

He says Neo Yokio, it's in the episode title.

Well it's the darkest shade of midnight blue, its just that when light hits onto the tux it has a midnight blue look to it. When surrounded by a bunch of /fa/ people they can somehow notice it.

The real plot holes are aching huge during the last episode where everything is resolved like nothing happens and the story is now back to square one but instead of mourning over Cathy now it's Helena instead.

I kinda wish it was more bad, it's not bad enough or good enough to be recommended to anyone who don't want to feel "what a fucking waste of time"

Just finished watching the rest of it and oh my god what a piece of fuck. Two people are tossed into a pool, one becomes a fucking panda bear while the other gets rule 63'd, with no explaination given as to why that works aside from "water magic", which is literally just introduced that episode. There's no ghostly/demonic activity in the episode what-so-ever, not that it really added anything of interest to the show anyways. Seriously, why the fuck is there even magic in this show if they aren't gonna fucking do anything cool with it?! And then
Also, the robot is actually a mecha piloted by an old woman who for some reason sounds like an old man who's hoarse from smoking all his life. Fucking WHY?! Maybe it was so the shitty climax could happen…?

Episode 5 was even stupider. The fucking popularity biard or whatever it was called was bombed by that chick who looks like the one chick from FLCL. A Random russian grill is introduced and leaves as suddenly as she's introduced, almost as if they were leaving something open for a second season. Thank god that's never gonna fucking happen. This fucking rival character is so half baked Gordon Ramsey can be heard in the distance shouting about how raw said rival is. He serves no purpose to anything and just wastes time. Also, there was this scene where Jaden had to go somewhere, but he decides to go on foot despite not only having a robot/mecha that can fly him anywhere, but also hating to walk anywhere for any reason, as the previous fucking episode ALREADY FUCKING ESTABLISHED. Also, why the fuck does Jaden, whose job is expressly to exterminate ghosts, tasked with watching the fucking russian chick? Isn't there anyone else they could call upon instead of this little pink-haired fuck? And why the fuck does he never use his psychic powers when chasing the russian chick? Goddammit!

And then the final episode. I like how they introduce this fucking judge character who invades Jaden's places and at no point does Jaden just go "Leave me alone, I don't even fucking know you!", he just sorta stammers around awkardly trying to keep a fucking terrorist safe in the most asinine ways. Oh well, at least judge dude brought his vape. And I like how they do the shitty Sherlock-tier twist where they reveal that SUPRISE, Bombu-chan wasn't in the bag like you thought, she was in the robot the whole time, wow, oh my god, nobody saw that coming despite being VERY FUCKING OBVIOUS. And I like how they very briefly touch on the whole wealth disparity thing as though it mattered in the grand scheme of things and wasn't just there to make the show seem smarter than it was. And you were right, it did end fucking retardedly. Was there really any romance between Jaden and Antifa girl? Any at all? Because it seemed more like she was mentally unstable, he was born with an IQ in the double digits, and neither of them had anything to bond over and pretty much no reason to interact at all.

I'm sorry if this post was such a ramble, but this show is just so bad and there's so much wrong that happens at almost random moments that even when you think you've remembered all the crap that just transpired, more bullshit comes tumbling out of your brain as if it was a long-lost memory you repressed that suddenly came flooding back, even if it just happened.

I disagree. I feel like it's actually a pretty great watch as riffing material, because every so ofter there's something that just jumps out at you that's worth a good chuckle at it's expense. It was painful, but the moments that stand out are worth laughing at, kind of like The Room, only not as so bad it's good. Though i'm sure we'll all remember the giant Toblerone. If I could, i'd make an edit of Shinji's wank hand turned black holding that giant Toblerone, or with that in the background as his hand is covered in chocolate, I dunno. Fuck Commiefornia, fuck Jaden Smith, and fuck this show.

HAHAHA JADEN GET FUCKED YOU'LL NEVER BE ANIME

fuck me he can't act

Helena has some connection to not-Jaden as apparently he met her "that party in the Hamptons at Freddie Miles' place." and apparently hooked up. But no amount of romance on-screen unless you count debating about the importance of fashion, the wants and reasons to appeal for a society. Like I said it wasn't bad enough, If there was going to be a season 2 it needs to go a lot more retarded.

As much as I like laughing at terrible shit, I'd much rather them try to legitimately improve this shitpile when they make a second season, IF they ever make a second season, because quite frankly i'm getting sick and tired of every new show nowadays beings such a pile of trash that the only recourse we have to get any enjoyment in it is to mock it. Besides, if they tried to make it worse it would most likely be them pulling a Birdemic 2.