Why are atheists so stupid Holla Forums?

Why are atheists so stupid Holla Forums?

Nope

That first one physically hurt me

t.neckbeard

Because you assume they are based on personal bias.

Also

Sage for shit thread.

Go to church more often

Ya'll useful idiots posting in a cointelpro thread

Not sure if bait or american

all religious people should be put up against a wall tbh fam

Why not both?

Too many neckbeards in this thread

True tho

Convert now.

For the monkey thing, we do have the middle ground. We call them black people.
JK refer to basic evolution.

Religon's pretty gud for a society as whole, way I see it.
Then again, intense racism is good for an ethnically homogenous society since it takes morale up to hell.

0/10

Leftypol wants to take the bait but the thread it's so bad it's depressing

I've always marvelled at the immense arrogance of those religious people who have in their heads the idea that God - a being said to be capable of overcoming any boundary, seeing and knowing all, would not only be easily comprehensible to the human mind, but that everything it (or, wait, excuse me, He, I forget God needs a human male body and a human penis to impregnate human women with) wants from the universe can be summarized in a few bullet points that can be passed along from human to human for ease of dispersion. And that all these moral commandments should happen to line up so perfectly with the worldview of some irrelevant bronze age Hebrew hicks.

As someone who thinks soren"it's okay to kill children if you think god says so" kierkegard is the greatest philosopher your in no position judge fatboy

I know this is bait, but i'll bite anyway.

Humans are not descended from any modern species of monkey; both monkeys and humans are descended from some long-extinct ancestor pre-dating both. Although this species, if it were transferred to today, would be considered a "monkey", it is not any living species of monkey.
Evolution explains how humans developed from a primate ancestor, but not an extant species of monkey or ape. Modern primates include: bonobos, chimpanzees, gorillas, baboons, macaques, lemurs, gibbons, and humans. None of these is a descendant of any other.
Speciation can occur by branching into two or more reproductively isolated populations (cladogenesis) or when a single population changes over time to such an extent that the later population is considered a different species (anagenesis).

If you know it's bait, then at least sage you filth.

The new gods will exterminate you all.

Nice memes. Debating religion is the point of leftypol, go to Holla Forums, I mean even one of your memes has communism as a negative and your posting it here of all places

Who knew.

*Debating religion is not the point

Haha atheist tries to argue

Spam trolling samefagging forum sliding. GTFO

You the guy that was butthurt when I posted the introduction to the Critique of Hegel's Philosophy of Right in that document thread?

Here, I'll post it again.

here's your (you) everyone

Haha, religious people think god is 100% comprehensible by humans I found a loophole that 1000+ years of professional scholars never thought of, aren't I smart? I can also see that god doesn't have a penis, but Aquinas would totally have thought god had a penis because muh patriarchy spooks. Checkmate, Christians, lol.

Hey leftypol if communism works then why did venezuela go to shit?

Do you have an argument?

I don't get the appeal in being christian or religious.

You were never a christian if you believe in evolution

Fucking American cancer.
What I love about China is that religion is pretty much purged permanently. Save for a little ancestor worship among the old, and some Buddhism among the less educated.

America needs to be similarly purged.

Why not?

Good, yes, fuckoff. It literally doesn't matter

I don't know how to break this to you, user…

Sure. A typical position in Christian theology is that god is mostly not comprehensible by humans, but is constrained by logical necessity. Therefore, some information can be deduced about him even though no one is going to fully understand god.

Of course, any message given by god to humans is going to be simple enough for humans to understand, because god does not have abysmally poor communication skills.

Religious societies would claim that they have tried to model themselves after what they think god wants, not that they have invented their god to bolster their existing biases. The massive cultural changes following the rise of say, Christianity and Islam are good support of this claim.

I'm not even religious, but I sheer amount of motivated ignorance about religion floating around ridiculous.

Religion is not the problem, it's the Big Other.

READ ZIZEK PLS

What does "chinese religion" refer to? Confucianism and Taoism?

Feel free to explain why the universally absent and imaginary man and his friends,hurt your feelings.

I look forward to being told to think for myself and to read books about theology from angry Biologists and physicists.

wew bye fake Rebel

What massive changes might these be? Both Christianity and Islam were spread by force. Social changes would have come naturally as peoples were brought into the Christian and Muslim communities. Are you saying that Islam completely overthrew and reshaped Arab tribal culture when it appeared in a way that had nothing to do with exposure to and integration of Abrahamic culture and ideas? Are you denying that Syncretism is a thing?

Why does God have any responsibility to remain consistent in such a way that the Holy Books remain true? Why do you expect a force that is a fundamental expression of lawlessness to be constrained by rules?

All of these doctrines that go and say that God is loving and kind, consistent, interested and invested in its creations are describing God's nature, which goes against the very idea of omnipotence. A purely omnipotent force cannot be defined! Once defined, it is subject to constraints. Hence why the human will is a shadow of divinity - by reacting to definitions, we free ourselves from them, so that they can never stick for very long if we do not want them. Only once we are dead does this process stop, so you see how by doing this, even if not killing it, you are making God into the image of a corpse?

Furthermore, these people who believe in heaven and hell have the audacity to think that the entire cosmos revolves around their petty temporal sense of moral vindication.

Religion is nothing more than a ploy to leech off the infallibility of an impossible ideal by trying to elbow your way into a supposedly infallible chain that began with an insurmountable force making contact with an insignificant being. It's like feeling proud about your friend meeting a celebrity.

It relies on human beings' ability to engage with those who are not present within the confines of their own minds, to model their reactions and have hypothetical conversations with them (a social skill beneficial to our survival). Religions exploit this to create an inner conception of God in their own images, then twist it in such a way as to reinforce their biases and convictions.

When one comes into contact with the actual God it becomes apparent why this is complete bullshit. The actual God you can not speak to inside your head, because it does not fit. I believe in a God, a great living God, and in order to do so I find it necessary to reject and deny all religious doctrine.