Neverwinter Nights/NWN

Recommend me some good fucking modules, Holla Forums.

I'm extremely bored and I've played all official/premium modules.

Looking for something with effort put in it, like Misery Stone for NWN2.

Other urls found in this thread:

neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/module/bone-kenning-i-art-thanaturge
neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/module/ee1-elegia-eternum-full-version
anonfiles.com/file/7f4b158538481599297399d6c5e27b6c
gog.com/forum/neverwinter_nights_series/linux_install_neverwinter_nights_on_debianubuntumintsteamos/page1
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

from the top of my head:

Bone Kenning neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/module/bone-kenning-i-art-thanaturge
Lots of effort put into this one but it's not very long.

Elegia Eternum neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/module/ee1-elegia-eternum-full-version
Looked promising and has a second module.

Return to Ravenloft
Revenant

Thanks fam, gon cheg em out.

Just play NWN 2 MOTB, dicktits.

see if you can find Twoflower's modules.

The gameplay isn't that great, but the story is top notch. He's a bro.

Played it pham.

multiplayer

the codex has a thread in general rpg discussion which should cover you.

Oh you better believe I'm monitoring this shit.

Any good erotically charged sexventure models where you're not a princess getting raped by animals or whatever?

im the real monster

Bumb

Was that even fun? I mean I'd pick up 1 drow but all of them?

Dunno, didn't finish it.

Tortured Hearts 2

Is SoZ really that boring?

It's alright, but too easy. Especially since you can use any character's Bluff/Intimidate/Diplomacy skill during a conversation.

One thing that pissed me off about NwN2 oc was not being able to use other characters to deal with merchants. I'd rather have some useless character like a bard be able to 'sell things good' while my main character gets 7+ castings of maximised greater missile storm.

Bump.

Party wide skills is a good thing.

Aielund saga.

Get a friend to play it with you if possible. Don't play a rogue. There are very few traps and fucking everything is immune to sneak attacks. Act 4 a shit.

Instant trash.

How can you have a NWN modules thread without A Dance With Rogues popping up within the first 2-3 answers?

ADWR is a city rogue adventure. And the gameplay/cloak and dagger/roguery is amazing. Best I've ever played. Also has enough smut to make the Rance games look tame.

One thing that pisses me off about all D&D-based games is that casting from wands and scrolls usually sucks due to them being cast at a static level.

Not a problem if you can get Fireball wands. When I play BG1/2, it's how I kill stuff with my casters: memorize CC/buff/debuff/anti-caster spells and use wands to kill shit.

I think because anybody who's ever played NWN has played A Dance with Rogues at this point

Any good persistent worlds still hanging around? All the ones I used to play in died with the end of gamespy.

I found the Tortured Hearts series almost unplayable for some reason, what's the key to enjoying it?

heres some information about various action PWs, mostly cons

myriad destinies: not english
dor maeglin: devestating critical disabled and at least two quests can give xp to players who didn't do them, otherwise no notable problems; has activity sometimes and has a suitable amount of non-solo endgame content, requires .hak packs
kharindale: lvl 60 cap
soulforge: weapon masters cant survive in the endgame; only casters and dwarven defenders can make it anyway, possibly barbs with epic DR3 as well
three towns: start at level 4, barbarians are hilariously overpowered at high levels, throwing axes are OP as well, no kamas exist, dev crit disabled, not enough non-solo endgame content(if any exists at all)
neversummer 4: too much loot, animal companions and familiars don't work
lands of arda: .hak files won't install right, website lacks information
a vagabond server: level 60 or something I forget
gem of the north: not english, might be russian
victorian nordock: item levels are implied to be too high and silly rules
leonidas presents: think the magic level is too high or something not sure atm; theres something about roleplaying too and theres some rules… don't know much
greyhawk: CEP required, dunno much else
midgard: starts at level 5, high magic levels
ruhn: way too complex, many foreign features introduced etc(vampirism points among them)
badlands: every new player gets one instant level 40 dude, or at least i got one for no apparent reason
0 viking northeast replacement: not enough endgame content
gemstone: dead, inactive DMs, dev(s) stopped developing, endgame is ruled by rakashas and clerics and bard/rdd/PMs and to a lesser extent dragons
dreu noctem: level 27 cap
Far East: level 60 cap, I think
world of sanctuary: too much like a different game(d2), doesn't start at level 1
turmish lands: dead

also some of that information may be outdated, but it probably isn't

just came to say that NWN is miles better than atrocity known as NWN2

I liked Monkey Grip.

Is it possible to craft your own traps?

it is in NWN1 given the reagents to do so, and the appropriate craft trap rolll

1 is still pretty bad though, 2 just somehow managed to be worse.

No way, full party control and MotB made NWN2 far superior to NWN1.

Both are shit.

NWN2:MotB >>> NWN:ADWR > NWN2:OC > NWN:HotU > NWN:SoU > NWN:OC > NWN2:SoZ

What the piss

Ok fine, first half of the NWN2OC is worse than the 2 NWN1 expacs but the second half is better.

Still mad about the last boss of HotU as a pure mage

R00fFLES

ok, just made one.

anonfiles.com/file/7f4b158538481599297399d6c5e27b6c

level ones only

Any where you can play as a lich and/or villain?

Sheit fam how much time didja spend on it.

If you install prc yes you can be lithid too.

SoZ has no story, no characters and the worst gameplay I've been subjected to in any D&D game. Planescape: Torment had better gameplay than SoZ.

NWN 1 or 2?

most of yesterday.

I didn't put an ending in or nothin and it takes about two minutes to see it all.

It iz what it iz dawg

I wonder if we could ever get an 8ch server running (again, the previous one that was revived by an user eventually lost the interest of many and went back to slumber)
And what type of gamemode it should be, maybe even create of own module for it. I remember the tools being very simple to use, though I never tried any of the CEP features and custom scripts.

I'd be keen.

What's wrong don't you like balanced gameplay? Balanced? Bland? Boring? No timestop Issacs only hits a single target 10 times?

Chrome says it's a virus.

This is fairly accurate but SoZ should be higher.

id rather you just breathe life into an existing pw
and not act like you're from 8ch, or anywhere else in particular either

Bomb

bump

Nice

No thanks, user

Yeah please don't play it, half the shit doesn't work anyway.

not that half amounts to a lot here, certain people were meant to attack each other but that doesn't happen now for some reason.. if you've got an epic level character you can take out the ghost for a fight with Yakub, but the dialogue doesn't trigger and there's no victory screen…

there's no virus, I doubt itll say that if you run the scan on the .mod file, but it's just a thrown together mod for a giggle anyway.

So who's the smiley man who was summoning succubi supposed to be?

Welb

I'm too lazy to make any suggestions, but I wish more people played NWN2. It's by far the better toolset, but no one (including myself) wants to make modules for it because all the NWN players hate NWN2. Unlike NWN1, NWN2's graphics still (mostly) hold up, you can still create areas and effects that in 2016 are still sort of beautiful, unlike NWN1's and it's HERE'S SOME BLOCKS polygon budget.

I've gotten really close to finishing multiple modules for NWN2, but never bothered releasing them because the active player count for the game is like ~80 unique individuals.

Bump
I'd love to play some multiplayer NWN
This toaster is too shitty to run NWN2 properly

Graphics are not a problem for NWN, because you mostly play the game from a top down perspective.

A stable game and low requirement are more important, than a nice looking game.

Within reason, but NWN1 is now at the point where you might as well play an ASCII game if you have that perspective.

Clearly people care about the aesthetics to some degree or they wouldn't bother spending so much time creating new custom content (Project Q, etc) or using visual effects and lighting to spruce up its tired old polygons.

any nwn2 free roam or semi-open modules where i can go from level 1 to max level at all?

NWN2 engine is fucking SHIT though.

I managed to get this running on UNIX. There's apparently a native client but relies on downloading a bunch of random files and all it will do is brick your install. If anyone else wants to try it, here's the pitfalls which apply to a surprising amount of games, really:
-Make sure you own the installed folder (chown)
-Graphics cards often come with application profiles that apply specific hacks for specific applications, and these just won't fly on linux. Since the profiles are matched by the executable filename, make a copy of the main executable (cp nwmain.exe expanddongs.exe) and run that.
-WineHQ is your friend. For example, thanks to it I know that to see my character ingame I have to uncheck "texture mapping" under graphic options

Having said that, the game refuses to accept any inputs if I tab out and then tab back in. ¿Anyone knows how to fix this?

have you tried not alt tabbing out the game

There is this if you have the gog version
gog.com/forum/neverwinter_nights_series/linux_install_neverwinter_nights_on_debianubuntumintsteamos/page1

Only because the publishers barred the developer from releasing the updates they'd made to fix it.

Which Neverwinter Nights is neither. The troubleshooting for 1 and/or 2 can be a nightmare and you'll come out of it with degree in computer science.

If anyone is up for some NWN multiplayer send me a message
contact info is in the email
I just want somebody to play vidya with

Benis

Finally a reason to post this

NWN1 community online is divided into two or three servers where the regular special snowflake players gloat and pose at each other around the markets, and the hundreds upon hundreds of players that circle like locusts around ERP servers.

NWN2 has a considerably smaller playerbase, but the persistent worlds are very much alive. Avoid Baldur's Gate server though, that place is elitism incarnate, and sjw bullshit at that. They even implemented a "racism mechanic" in their latest update and spawn insta-killing guards around the Friendly arm inn.