It really hurts to say, but I think I've finally grown out of Gorillaz. This new phase is so bad and anticlimactic...

It really hurts to say, but I think I've finally grown out of Gorillaz. This new phase is so bad and anticlimactic. Too many guest vocalists, not enough 2D singing. Also way too political, and the best song on the extended album is ruined by Zebra Katz with his "WE WUZ BLACK KANGZ" stuff.

Won't stop me from fapping to Lewdle, of course.

Male figure in female clothing with one eye covered, pointing both upwards and downwards at the same time…
nothing to see here, move along then, lads

Even Murdoc and 2D become so bland in interviews. It's like none of the characters have any distinct personalities or "voice" anymore. They're just mouthpieces for Damon and co.'s political bullshit now. I still can't believe Murdoc is a feminist who gets triggered by hearing Trump's name

choose one

That's bullshit, you're lying, stop fucking lying

There are mantits.

Not on a figure that skinny.

We had a thread about this a few months ago. General agreement was that Gorillaz, when it was the core crew especially, had some great catchy tracks, but the intent behind the whole thing was always to be some experimental, pretentious art project where they got as many people as possible to do guest work on their albums.. which almost always meant having some untalented faggots add a few rap verses to their songs.

At this point, they're entirely like every other "outsider" celebrity who made it big and became the thing they used to hate.. and just like all those other celebrities, they've inherited some assbackwards notion that everything they say and do is important, so it's their duty to whine about politics.

Could be wearing breastforms.

OP just realized he grew up, he was probably one of those kids that didn't realize that Gorillaz was always political.

Sometimes that's the case, but sometimes you go back and rewatch something you loved as a kid only to enjoy it and appreciate it more. Growing up doesn't stop certain Gorillaz singles from being good and they weren't always political.

At the very least Phase 1 wasn't based entirely around some then current Important Issue. It was more just about playing around with the ultimate manufactured band.

it's not baphomet silly, it's an asian girl

It have always been like that since Demon Days, even though the first album also had guest vocalist it wasn't a but less than half the songs.
This is something I can agree with. One of the things that really fucking pissed me from the new album is that it has to be one of the most reactionary albums in existence, specially with Hallelujah Money and We Got the Power Which I actually like nonetheless. Since Gorillaz have always been so different, I always liked about 5 songs of each album top, but had no problem listening to the whole thing, Hallelujah Money is just so bad I just had to outright delete the file, and they choose the song for the reveal of the album for some reason. And then there's the song of their first video. How the fuck they thought it was a good idea to choose that song for their first video?It's one of the worst song of the disc, not unbearable, but really fucking bad.
That being said, I like the video itself, and I like how they have more presence now, I still wonder whether DoYaThing is canon or not, and I hope it is, not like it matters, apparently. It's a shame they decided to focus in their goddamn main appeal, the fact that they are a virtual band and despite how much Damon wants to deny this, but it's a shame everything is fucking political now. I miss Kong Studios and the G-Bites, everything went downhill since.

kys

This, I recently heard the first album and, as I said, it was a little less than half about guest voices, and that's a lot, and half the songs were bad. One of my favorites is Latin Simone and ironically the english version is just plain better. Damon always had an stick up their ass and sadly Hewlitt had to put up with his bullshit so we could had the pretty cool art. Not saying he is not a faggot himself, but less of a faggot than Damon.

I wouldn't say political, it was just really pretentious and artsy, and never really had an aim. Demon Days was a mess since they tried to push their shitty "Reject False Icons" bullshit, and Plastic Beach was pretty soulless because it was about literally nothing, either because they never had the chance to make an statement and simply because Damon said himself that the album was just about the story and nothing else.

It came out right after the 2016 election, that's the only reason

>I wouldn't say political, it was just really pretentious and artsy, and never really had an aim. Demon Days was a mess since they tried to push their shitty "Reject False Icons" bullshit, and Plastic Beach was pretty soulless because it was about literally nothing, either because they never had the chance to make an statement and simply because Damon said himself that the album was just about the story and nothing else.
I assumed if Demon Days was about the post-9/11 world, Plastic Beach had something to do with…corporations fucking environment? Who knows

Shameless upboat for our lord and savior.

Phase 1 was easily the best album, not least because of the complete lack of leftist diarrhea. The music of Gorillaz was fresh, catchy, and just plain fun to listen to. Lot's of creative sampling mixed with dub grooves (granted, I've never liked dub outside of Gorillaz, since like reggae, and all it's subgenres, it all sounds the exact fucking same) and some garage gems like "Punk" and "M1A1" that borrowed from Damon's roots in Blur. Also confining the rap aspect to just the two Del collaborations made those segments all the more special and enjoyable.

And of course the idea of the "virtual band" was far more enigmatic, since it was the first time that the idea had been heavily marketed since the Hanna-Barbera days. The first tour was apparently a complete bust, and the early music videos that Jamie Hewlett did were dodgy at best with zero sense of rhythm, but kudos to those two for running with a brilliant idea.

You know exactly what that reason was.

With all due respect to the rest of your post, you have utterly shit taste.

This really goes on /mu/.

Yeah, politics has always been a weak of gorillaz.

Same, but that shouldn't stop you from listening to the old tracks from Phase 1.
They mind as well call themselves Collabz or Compilationz at this point. I really miss when Del Tha Ghost Rapper performed, but too bad the character is gone.

No no, that part is obvious, but I mean, if you want to not only promote your album but also make an statement about politics you'd think they'd choose a better song. If I was Damon I would have choose We Got the Power, it follows the same damn narrative, it's catchy, it's about love trumps hate, and most importantly, it isn't a guy in front of a mic preaching you. The lyrics aren't that bad either, is just that the obvious politic theme ruins it, plus the fact that is a guy preaching with no fucking sense of music.
user, I'm a spic and as so I have all the right to think the English version is better. Neither do a lot of sense, but from my point of view, at least the English lyrics makes sense, while the spanish lyrics sounds like someone google translated the song. The best part of the spanish version is the voice, and only because it reminds me of Oscar de Leon.

Thanks for the laugh,

I couldn't get into the new album but I really like one of the remixes of Andromeda they released on their youtube channel.

lemme tell you about squids

This is why the first album was my favorite. They say Demon Days was their best but the self-titled one had the fewest guests and they actually sounded like a band with a lot of experimental shit thrown in.

Gravity is my favorite song they ever did.

Hey Holla Forums

Okay, I'll concede that for a Spanish speaker assuming, of course, that you're a native Spanish speaker and not a second-generational with a loose grasp on your parents language; giving you the benefit of a doubt, herebtw no need to spoiler your spicness, I'm no Holla Forumssmoker the original lyrics to Latine Simone could very well be painfully blase, but me being a honkey:^) I've gotta tell you, the English lyrics are absolutely cringe-inducing by comparison, like listening to the English-translated bonus tracks on a Rammstein album; the feeling of the song is completely ruined and feels like a cheap bastardization made for people who can't be bothered to listen to a song in a foreign language good comparison would be listening to a bad English dub of your favorite foreign film

Short version: Sorry for the abrasive comment user; it seems we have more in common than I realized

Sure, I'm not from US, and the fact that you haven't realized that my english sucks makes me feel alright. And don't worry about the comment, this is an imageboard, if I cared for that I'd be in Tumblr. Anyway, I can see where you are going, but both lyrics are virtually the same, just that the spanish version is broken spanish, so for me the one that actually sounds like a bad dub is the spanish version while the english version, as cringy as it might be, is still grammatically correct, however, I guess the major difference is the overall feeling of the song, the english version is really fucking depressing, while the spanish version sounds more like the guy is cheering you up to actually do something about your life.
Here, have a magnet with almost all songs on .flac. Tell me if it works since I suck at pasting magnets.
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:77da66d3f6d6e45abd29ebcd955edd4e13d4d8ae&dn=Gorillaz%20-%20Discography%20FLAC&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.eddie4Say no to spam%3a6969%2fannounce

primary vector for newfags

yeah, most people hit puberty eventually

*Everyone

Cool

I wouldn't go that far

Are you new?

I listened to the songs for Damon and the interesting sound to their music. The new album's lore is pretty shit, the guests are mostly bad, and the music is just read compared to the old stuff. I enjoyed their show in Chicago but the album's not good.
I'll love the first two albums forever, but I don't listen to the new stuff with any vigor.

The album felt sterile and it was Damon and friends bitching about "muh Drumfd" and almost nothing of Gorillaz. Also, they tried to hard to be hip and cool

"Maybe user is just being hyperbolic because a couple songs suck or he is an elitist and I will have a different opinion because I didn't even know they came out with an album this year"

heh
Yeah, that album sucked.

its at the top of the fucking page

>>>/mu/

I want someone to post Gorillaz on mu and spam "this is co"

If you want that to happen so badly take it into your own hands.

Trying too hard to be cool was already happening during the Plastic Beach era. They blew most of their budget on washed up Bruce Willis and churned out bad music videos in which animation was either poor or barely present at all. It's a miracle that Melancholy Hill music video got finished at all.

This was right before EMI died as a music conglomerate and Warner took over

She's not sitting on a throne though.

This world is doomed.

stop, you're making me hard

goes on /mu/ tbh fams

Get the fuck out with that nigger speak.

I remember they incorporated that into the "Story" of the fictional band in the book

nigger give me a fucking source

who doesn't tag their art with a sig?

what does this swedecuck have to do with Gorillaz?

das ironic ta be hones' fam, sheee't

hol it up
smacks lips
you be sayin
eats kfc
youse is triggered?

A lot of drawfags, for a start.

yeah, the shitty ones

art like that needs a sig, a source, something, fucking ANYTHING

God fucking damn it.

Pewdiepie looks so soulless in that picture. You know he doesn't give a shit.

No

Having him pose next to clip art added later is the best gig he can get now

How new?

The problem with Gorillaz is that, well you take out the animated music videos and you're left with a pretty mediocre pop rap band with an emo sounding lead singer.

And I can't believe it's taken them this long to consider doing an animated series, because honestly these characters would have been better suited for an animated series or a comic, as they don't really add anything to the overall quality of the music.

They're fun caricatures of musician archetypes, if not much else

not an answer

they didn't do an animated series at their hype because they were too full of themselves and thought that would be selling out

and now look where they are, realizing their characters are the only thing people want to see

btw where's the imgur link that collects all the art from this phase thus far? it's the only redeemable element, but I don't wanna go on a wild goose chase through annoying ass social media for that shit

yeah, I'm the retard.

Fucking clowns. Next time pay attention before you try to act like elitist cunts

With all that redditspacing I'm betting he's arrived in the month, if not the week.

Yeah you're retarded, not every picture from tumblr is from the artist or originated from tumblr, it could easily be an anonymous drawfag
either way no one cares go kys

why you have to be so mad

nice samefagging faggot

Fuck all this shit. The real problem is shitty modern mixing and mastering. Everything sounds like utter shit on anything other than the most wank speakers.

When the new album came out they played the hallujah whatever like three times top on my radio station and then went back to their older stuff. I mean it could be because I'm in Canada and nobody cares for that shit or a majority seriously hated it

Wondered if they regret that after he said nigger the second time but on stream.

Gorillaz stop being good after the first 2 albums.

>>>/mu/

SWEDEN NO

The artist is idlecil/idlecum (the latter is what he uses for his tumblr/twitter.

Kill yourself, rapefugee.