Fighting Games: Flash Kick For the Win Edition

Guile officially joining the Street Fighter 5 roster on April 28th at 7 p.m. PDT

Killer Instinct Gets Mira update today, patch also fixes bugs/glitches
archive.is/sBSMU

Fightcade

Download and register for Fightcade here:

fightcade.com/

Get the full rompack over here:

mega.nz/#F!EoJjwSLB!Tukuk9bZAa7YXXxKNVHorw

website with mods: w11.zetaboards.com/SFxT_Mods/topic/11497627/1/

Groups and etc

Steam group:

steamcommunity.com/groups/fightans

Board:

/fighters/index.html

Events Happening this week:

Friday:

- JoJo HFTF
Challonge [infinityfgc.challonge.com]

- SFV

- Soku

Saturday:

Guilty Gear Xrd

BlazBlue CPEX

Sunday:

KoF 2002

Melty Blood

For most fightan in general:

wiki.shoryuken.com/

For fundamentals in ST (still applies to other games):

youtube.com/watch?v=d0cFs5mHQC4&list=PL6702E3DD763555D9

Maj's footsie guide:

sonichurricane.com/?page_id=1702

Viscant's guide on the learning/lab process:

brokentier.com/blogs/brokentierblog/85008065-hit-the

Other urls found in this thread:

w11.zetaboards.com/SFxT_Mods/single/?p=8259696&t=11386575
develop-online.net/interview/interview-atsushi-inaba/0116891
archive.is/p6nQ7
store.steampowered.com/app/452420/
twitter.com/tatsunical/status/725918248592510976
youtube.com/user/KofTheMania/videos
streetmodders.deviantart.com/art/Decapre-602410292
twitch.tv/teampienyc/v/63599542
nintendo.com/games/detail/super-smash-bros-for-wii-u#game-overview
nintendo.com/games/detail/super-smash-bros-for-nintendo-3ds#game-overview
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Someone made a mod which replaces all the main costumes with the premium ones.

Pretty cool, though I wish I could pick and choose which ones.

Fuck, I left my gay username in the pics.

You might be able to by deleting the right PAKs before installing. Each character has their own code.

w11.zetaboards.com/SFxT_Mods/single/?p=8259696&t=11386575

Pic related, it's Karin's (CD7).

Can't wait for LTG to bust an artery upon defeat at the hands of guile

So just open it with 7-zip and delete the right items?

I read his Flash Kick is invulnerable on the way up but can't be used as a reversal unless meter-burned. Pretty good decision I think.

Not even, the files may just be in .uasset like that image. Just open up the mod folder and look for them.

In my day Guile was already on the disc.

Never join my stream again you coon-ass charge-ass low IQ flow-chart no-skill-having drones, doo.
You sayin that Guile was godlike? Get that ass banned. Matter of fact, if you pick Guile imma opt out.

I hope so, because if it's not invulnerable on start up why the fuck is it crush counter-able upon landing. Might as well make all whiffed specials leave you in a counter state at that point

I think the capcom stream a while back said only ex in invul while all are projectile invul.

What is a 'real' character?

whatever character LTG is playing that week.

Only the characters he plays, but mirror matches aren't fair because you have the same moves.

You have to be using the same characters he would in the exact same way (overreliance on telegraphed frametraps, lots of backdashing and poor reaction time) or else you're a scrub. Oh, and even if you use the same characters the same way he would but you beat him, you're still a scrub.
Don't even get me started about using throws at all.

Why even?

Well now that Marvel vs. Capcom is dead and SFxT bombed, maybe they'll be looking for more crossover bait.

Time to beg our Chinese overlords to pursue CvS3

Why is SFV inv/lobby system so fucking retarded?

VS

Dream roster never ever

In my day, we didn't have discs.

I would suck some feminine benis to get another Card Fighter Clash game, even if it was SNK only characters, and it isn't some shitty F2P mobile game. CvS1 and 2 were developed by Capcom though, and SvC Chaos was SNK, so technically we'd need Capcom developing it. If we want CvS3, we gotta get Capcommie and Chinese Overlords to work together.

Weren't those just published by Sega? Owned by P*? Also,
The fuck, man?

Anyone know how to set up the hitbox viewer for SF5?

It keeps switching off by itself for me.

When's Garou?

Reported to Capcop. Hahaha

Now that SNK is back >>9128213 "The future is here". I'm hoping for another Capcom vs SNK crossover. Please?

You can be my wingman anytime.

How does his hair fit into a helmet?

When it rains, does his hair fall down?

Amazing video.

Have you seen the glistening texture? His hair is his helmet.

So how long till Guile?

What a faggot

Daigo was a disappointment - Infiltration

10 hours from now

He said Ken was a real character that required skill about a week ago.

I made it to the Super Silver club yesterday. Where's everyone else at in terms of points?

Silver. I crack under pressure.

I'm hyped.

Silver, I keep dipping back to Ultra Bronze and back because I'm always playing different characters.

I'd try out more characters if I didn't get salty as shit when I do it. Losing doesn't bother me, but losing to players I know I should beat does.

Check out the crazy stuff at 1:30.

I never go into playing a new character expecting to win. Hell, I was trying to get the hang of 'Gief for just short of a month and almost ended up back at Rookie. In the long-run I just don't care too much about points and rank because at the end of the day they don't matter much.

Is Guile the new Segat?

Maybe. I wonder if you can low-profile the v-enhanced boom.

Stuck in ultra bronze, still getting used to silver tactics, damn cross-unders.

shit list wouldn't bang

Sega owns all of Platinum's IPs that they published. That's why sega's name is plastered everywhere in Bayonetta 2 despite Nintendo funding it and Platinum developing it

What
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
Wait, what about W101? I don't remember Sega's name there.

Nintendo own that.

I'm pretty sure that P* actually owns those IP, and the respective companies have distribution rights for the games, which is why Bayonetta or Jack isn't in PXZ, even though Vashyron, Zephyr, and Leanne from Resonance of Fate are. If not, that kinda sucks. I was hoping P* just owned them outright and could do whatever.

develop-online.net/interview/interview-atsushi-inaba/0116891
archive.is/p6nQ7

Sega owns MadWorld, Infinite Space, Bayonetta and Vanquish, and if you search it up the copyright they also own Anarchy Reigns.

As for W101, Hideki Kamiya even said multiple times in interviews and twitter that Nintendo owns the IP.

Why does Necalli button read so damn hard in survival, even Bison is less hassling than that asshole

Well fug. Yeah, if they own MadWorld, they own Anarchy Reigns. That's a bit depressing.

You beat Necalli by keeping him out. With Zangief the only thing I did was jab.

I think you forgot someoneā€¦

servers are up

My nigga, the world needs more FV girls.

Guile is cool he has sunglasses on and everything

Why do these cocksuckers hide the purple colors under hard survivals clear EVERY FUCKING TIME.

Anyone know how capcom plans to release characters after they're done with the planned DLC?

Charge for each character? SSV:UTAE?

Probably a 'season 2' season pass.

That slow duck walk Guile got, totally GDLK.
Aggressive Turtle Style!

Fucking sucks that any of the colors are in that horrible mode.

It's over. Guile is already Top 5 minimum.

Really liking Guile so far.

Still haven't made Nash punishable on block I see

I've been playing for an hour and have seen 2 guiles

I've seen at least 10 different Guiles at this point.

I wish, then I'd get to see how to actually fight the character
I've gotten 5 Nash's, 2 guiles, 1 Ken, and 1 zangief so far

I love this guy

What is it actually about? OSing every option?

Is that still in the game?

I wanted to learn it so I could deal with Mika players.

Koihime. May 19th. $32 until release, $40 after. Fairly reasonable considering how recent the JP console release was. Includes OST composed byā€¦

OH SHIT IT'S BY SSH
store.steampowered.com/app/452420/

like ST, but with Romance of the Three Waifudoms
like VanPri, but with functioning netplay

It looks like generic anime fighting with a smaller roster than Skullgirls, and charges 1.5x as much. What's unique to this one user? Anything? I could care less about OST at this point, SSH can't top my love for Raito.

Nope, SF4 exclusive.

CAPCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

twitter.com/tatsunical/status/725918248592510976

Bah gawd, he can stop a super with one EX move with trigger, that's insane.

BASED
now they have to make colors not stuck to survival mode.
on an unrelated note captcha somehow knew my main?

btw here's a webm, and Infiltration already found a CA combo that has over 600 damage. I thought he was a defensive character :^)

Can any other characters do 600 damage?

It's in the corner, spends all his resources and is incredibly hard to do. Nothing wrong with it.

And that's some tool assisted faggot, not Infiltration.

Oh good I was wondering why infiltration's hp bar was the one dropping

Nah, Rzr_infiltration is the faggot, notice the two monitors. Infiltasean or something is Infil's actual tag (unless it's been changed since betas).

I guess if it can only be done in the corner it's not that bad. But that is the real infiltration, I got it off his twitter account

Damn, people were talking about an infiltration bot with the same name so I just figured.

Is there some trick to Guile's Shp Cmp sonic boom?

Just hold down back as soon as you press HP.

Oh my god who the fuck does wakeup sweep

People sure seem to be enjoying Guile.

me
on DOA, Tekken and VF

Snake Eyez dropping Zangief ;__;

I think Alex can get up there with some very specific set ups

I think Alex can get up there with some very specific set ups

I forgot whether it's ungodly unsafe in Tekken. You're alright.

I forgot whether it's ungodly unsafe in Tekken. You're alright.

How does the new ragequit system actually work? Or, does it even work?

How does the new ragequit system actually work? Or, does it even work?

HOTWHEELS FOR FUCKS SAKE

wait wasnt abel meant to be nash

Guile's pretty fun. But I haven't seen this many time-out's since SFxT.

apperently it's supposed to send you a message that you rage quit too much and if you keep doing it you won't be able to play for like an hour. Still not enough in my opinion

That's fucking stupid. Why is Capcom so afraid of actually punishing rage quitters? Are they pandering to BRs with shitternet?

Birdie's max damage crush counter corner combo is 639

guess who's back to see your mains?

also, when's Boxer?

next month

looks like I beat you to the punch and I have sound too

ChrisG sure has fallen without marvel.

How could anyone be made after seen that?

Oh fuck I need to go to bed.

Goddamn 4chan

Does anyone have that old ass tier list for fighting games (games themselves?)

Guile has seen some shit.

How hard would it be to mod a Madcatz TE?

Opening it, maybe swapping the artwork, and installing new PCB and maybe stick.

breddy fuckin easy as long as the stick is a drop-in replacement for what you have

gonna be spending some quality time with a dremel if not

Fuck I can't keep Karin out as Guile. She just flips in on reaction to a fireball.

damn was hoping to change the original to a korean bat with 8 gate

Filipinoman hypocrisy at its finest.

So how is the Arcana Heart 3 PC port? It's on sale and I really don't care how active the online is, just looking for something new to play with friends

It's not bad at all. On the level of the GGXXAC+R port.

Is it worth buying characters for KI? I mean is the game at least ok? I only played for a few minutes yesterday so i dont know much about it

From what people say I gather it's a decent fighting game stuck on a console nobody really has. I'm not sure if it's on PC yet. If you're enjoying the game and think you'll get your moneys worth then why not.

why are Filipino's always assholes when it comes to fighting games?

Its on Win10 for "free"
installing win10 was a mistake on my part
Also im just posting from somewhere else

filipinos are the strongest race on earth.jpg

Charge characters take no skill

Git that ass banned

Anyone has that clip of sfiv, it's pretty old actually.

It was a tournament where some black guy played against some vampire looking like white guy. So before the match starts the black guy behaves like a total monkey and insults the other guy. I think he said that he looks like he never leaves his basement and looks like he is afraid of sunlight or some bullshit like that.

Anyway, the white guy totally destroys him in game and then insults him and the black guy gets totally pissy and mad.

Was pretty funny but I didn't bookmark it.

LTG vs Viscant, how do you not know this?

I don't really follow the pro scene, I just watch whatever get sposted here.

Also what exactly is Holla Forums's opinion on ltg? I hear people hate him but other times people recommend me his videos.

He is literally black DSP.

Well that isn't helping me either, I only know dsp from those black mesa videos. Which by the way I should turn into a webm.

He's a big lolcow, the only reason to give him attention is to watch him get destroyed and chimp out.

that cool brutha did NOT behave like a monkey or coon.

Viscant I have to give the guy props even though he's using some derp-tier flowchart no skill charge characters who are also basically shotos

But I was he had that god tier Rolento but it's a bad match up cause charge characters just try to play off the other guy's brain you see.

Anyway I gotta get to best buy before work for a new pad.

Why you gotta bring black into it?

pic unrelated

who is that woman at 21:44? His mother?

f.s darou needs to stop

IB f.S and then jump forward IB Darou gives you a better punish option

abuse ram players everywhere.

Why do fighters keep entering these tournaments when there's almost always some shady business going behind the scenes?

That's easy as hell. Just screw on a battop and swap in an octagonal gate.

The people who know about the shady dealings are there to take down the shady dealings (like guile), the people who don't know about the shady dealings just want to win for fame and fortune (like e.honda)

theres also a mod which makes survival only 1 round so you can just do that for a bit and buy everything

There was a mod on cs.rin.ru that made the exact same thing but I don't have the link anymore.

to elaborate on

Literally every tournament that's hosted in fighting game stories has three types of entrants.
These people know about the shady dealings and enter the tournament so they get an easy way of getting close to the bad guy to defeat him.
These can be either good or bad, when they're good they're the ignorant ones who have no idea there's shady shit going on. The bad ones don't care about what bad things might happen to the people around them, all they want is their dosh (e.g. "muh fight money" Balrog)
Part of the same organization the main bad guy is from or looking to overtake him.

If you're looking for DEEPEST LORE fighting games aren't exactly a good target.

JUST

Guile is really fun.

When's Twelve?

If they ever deign to add that steaming pile of faggotry and cancer to the roster, I'm gonna hunt you down and jam my balltop into your square gate.

Apart from being shit what do you have against him?

Well shit, I guess it is actually match viable.

Guile v Guile in next tournament final?

infiltration singlehandedly made guile S tier in one day. Im impressed

> Twelve

He's making American characters great again.

idk if it works in sfv, but in sfiv there are ways to unlock all costumes with certain methods. But then again most dlc costumes are pretty crappy. For example all the animal costumes look retarded, or the vacation pack is also pretty crappy.

I just want the colors, fucking Capcom PLEASE.

Is it hard to get them? Can't you just cheat them or use a savegame or some shit like that?

I've used a trainer to make myself have 1hit kills to go through sruvival mode in order to get some Mika colors, but the result is a ridiculously high score and rounds that end in ~3 seconds each, which is super apparent that you were cheating.

I'd love a trainer that could just unlock all the colors or a cheat engine table, or a savegame, but I can't find them.

r/ing street fighter 5 webms

I don't have the game yet, and I doubt I will get it any time soon but didn't you guys say that it was fairly easy to unlock everything? Like on release day I remember complaining about all the grinding and people said that it isn't that bad and even made a plan saying that if you play x hours a day you got everything unlocked within a short time.

Buying things with fight money isn't a problem if you're a fighting game junky who plays often and you spread out the characters that you play. Whenever you win or lose a match you get some fight money, and whenever you level up a character you get a chunk of fight money.

There are some bonus colors you can unlock for fight money in the store, but to unlock the regular colors for a costume, 3-10, you have to beat survival mode. Easy survival mode is 10 matches, normal is 30, hard is 50. You have to beat all three in order to unlock all the colors for a single costume for a single character. Oh, a new costume set came out? Better grind through 80+ games in survival to unlock the colors.

Not to mention that if you lose a match, you have to start all the way over from the beginning. And you don't automatically get your health back after a match, you have to spend points you earn in survival mode to heal either a little, a medium amount, a large amount, or a full heal for your life.

And after round 25 the AI goes from being rockfuck stupid to Matrix/Skynet frame perfect reactions, meaning unless you've found a way to cheese the AI with the character you want to play, clench your asshole and roll the dice.

It's the biggest load of horseshit I've experienced.

Which ones and I'll start reposting.

Any webm will do.
I nabbed these two from the /fighters/ thread.

I'm going to stop for now, I dont wanna spam, I'll post later maybe

would vega be op if his v trigger and super could go through projectiles? That second webm is especially bullshit.

No he wouldnt. His CA has no i-frames, its only projectile invul WHILE using the knee, afterwards he's no longer invul.

then why didn't they include it in the game? I hope they patch that in soon

What about the mod that changes survival to one round? Wouldn't you just need 3 matches then.

I fucking hate chun so damn much in this game, the fuck was peter thinking.

mfw finally got my hands on the king of fighters series

mfw it's superior to street fighter

All they play is SF, MK and Smash

It's okay to enjoy different things šŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ‘

I just want them to expand their horizons. They refuse to play any series outside those 3,

testing

Get better friends, it looks like they have shit taste if all they want is those 3 and aren't willing to try a new game. I have a friend who's always reluctant to try new fighting games and once we finally introduced KoF to her she was like "Fuck this makes perfect sense, why is this game so good'. Took her a few rounds of Xrd before she got into that too.

never tried it, is any version better than the other?

I would if it was that easy

Do you play their games? I mean if they play 3 series, and you play only one (kof) then you are the one who needs to expand his horizon.

The only fighting games I won't play are Mortal Kombat and Blazblue.

The closest I ever got them to playing a series outside of those three was CvS2, but they dropped it because they hated the groove system.

Did anyone saw yesterday tournament?
Gato ray uploaded the whole tournament in his channel. youtube.com/user/KofTheMania/videos
I sugest you to watch
"Pools part 3" for Clark checking Iori hops,
"TOP 16 part 3" for the Vice comeback and beatdown.(embed here)
"TOP 16 part 4" for Athena's Death Balls
And of course the 3rd Place and finals for higher level matches.

The other thread is dying so, I'll answer here.
The EU community could try asking Rising Star Games or some other publisher if they'll take KOFXIV. There's a space for Europe on the main website so someone will release there.
For myself, I really wanted the artbook but it'll be insanely expensive to import the game here too.

Too much work nigga

Are there any news on dudley for sfv? Are they going to release him at some point?

could be worse. Your friends could be too casual for SF and only play smash.

No news

I watched that like 5 times. That is fucking gold. Everything about it is hilarious.

Abel seems to be a major fixture in Guiles story. Maybe he'll be in the next wave of DLC characters?

Also, more Juri.
God, this wait is killing me

Do you think in like 10 years time Americans will dominate the fighting game scene?

Infiltration said that he's worrying about no newcomers in Korea and how the '85ers seem to be doing well everywhere since they're the last generation to have arcades.

Xian said that of the players in Singapore that he reckons has the potential to compete in the world stage only one is younger than him.

Will fighting games be around that long.

ASSFAGGOTS mang, they're fucking everything up

dem smoking hot gooks tho!

Shit's gonna take forever to play through in tournaments.

the one in white with out a doubt. The guy in the middle could use a JUST edit though

You have to be over 18 to post here son

Shit I dozed off

This the first set?

nah it started a little while ago

the fuck is that art

ITT: QUALITY

So I missed poongko game(s)?

Did he rek?

How rush was this shitty game? Is SFV even half a game?
>mfw people paid $60 for 1/2 a game + an IOU the other half In the form of DLC

They're leaving that for the actual full story mode.

doesnt a commission like this cost a few hundred dollars?

Step it up capcom

Ewwwwwwww

Fuck just realized Juri won't be out for EVO

RIP Poongko

It looks like she may be in disguise as a Shadaloo trooper.

Juri is August most likely.

But Poongko uses Seth

This is the first unedited match footage I've looked at and they weren't kidding when they said they'd slowed the game down. Seems more Garou speed than 2k2 speed. Not that I mind, KoF13 was way too fast for my tastes.

Why do you save terrible fanart?

He wanted to play Juri, and I think he did a bit in 4 as well.

I think he actually played every character at a competent level.

The heart wants, what the heart wants

So why is marn a scumbag again?

Something about taking money from a lol team and turning up a tourney with a swollen foot?

More like turning up to a tourney with the black plague. Also fixing Guilty Gear brackets or something and boiling rats.

I've no clue what he did when he left fighting games briefly for LoL. He also turned up to a fighting game even with some sort of sickness he got overseas.

I'm not super into fightan games but I've always wanted an arcade stick for when I do play fight games and for arcade emulation. but I am also poor at the moment, is there any decent sticks for around $100 Canadian?

I appreciate this. Thank you.

The Qanba Q1 is about 80USD, which should be about 100CAD, and it's pretty well received stock. It's also relatively easy to take apart too.

Damn, ChrisG is fucking retarded.

I save every piece of even halfway decent art of my waifu user. And I wanted to post a picture most people itt haven't seen, seeing as some of you guys in the steam chat mentioned I post the same shit over and over

Jesus Christ, that made my eyes hurt.

Rumors are he kicks his dog and once boiled rats alive. Something about fixing tournaments.

I wish I had a picture of his leg, that shit was seriously disgusting. Scary even.

You rang?

Fuck, forgot there's this one too if you want a better angle ;^)

Here's one. There was a worse one that I remember, but I can't find it.

Whoever has the shortest jab has the best anti-air. 10/10, amazing game.

Is the cross-up block in SFV actually blocked by moving away from where they jumped towards you at first or the other way?

Why was this person allowed at events, that shit must smell awful.

Don't jump on people's wake up when it's not a hard knockdown, use a meaty if all they do is mash jab and you'll stuff their asses guaranteed.

Always hold away from where your opponent is to block their attack. For example, if your opponent is on your left and jumps over you to cross you up, you should hold left to block the crossup because he's going to end up to your right. I hope that clears it up.

Im not sure what you mean, but you block crossups by blocking in the other direction. here's some oc with the arrow showing which way to "move towards"

Holy hell, does this dude have leprosy, or does he just not bathe?

He had some kind of disease, I can't remember what. He's better now.

How do I fight Cammy? Fucking plus bitch.

Apparently Necalli's stomp is a projectile. Zangief can Lariat through it.

Pick one

Yeah since its projectile you just have to do a projectile invincible move like a lariat, vegas ex roll or ryu/cammys CA

mmm
Decapre
streetmodders.deviantart.com/art/Decapre-602410292

I need more crossovers. When's the next crossover game?

Why the fuck does it take me so long to find a match now?

What did they put in this patch?

less people playing overall and especially in the mornings / afternoons in the US. they actually made it so that you get matched with more foreign people so they have shorter queues as well, but the latency becomes a problem.

I fought him when I was Silver. I took a round, but he won. He didn't rematch.

I'm not in the US, and I'm fighting people I always were. That is French people with horrible connections.

I fucking suck with Guile. Lost a lot of points.

When is Fightcade getting the update that will let it play SNES and Genesis games?

The most accurate info we've gotten on it so far is "coming soon"

Mugen > Other games of fighting

Capcom vs. SNK should be perfect for introducing SFags to KOF. It worked for me at least

His empathy is a weakness that you successfully exploited, making you the victor.

An empty victory is still a win, I suppose.

That's funny. Was playing a may vs may may day special the other night and I deduced my opponent was female, because they were really awful and told me how kawaii may was. So I let them win a round.

Because I thought I might have sex with them if that happened.

Turns out they are a south Korean high school student (female) and they added me on steam, so fingers crossed.

I kinda want to get into KOF but I'm too lazy to start researching.

I have KOF 13 sitting in my steam account from a humble bundle but it was when I was a fighting game scrub(still am) and would just do "controlled button mashing' and or 2peice jump in special combos and no actual combos. I've gotten better and I'm not a ultra casual anymore but still not any good

any freindo want to point me in the right direction to learn KOF 13 or should I start with a different one?

From what I've heard the new KOF is going to based off something like 2002, so perhaps 13 isn't the best to get into. My copy can't save it's progress, so I can't be fucked playing KOF till the new one. On PC.

I'd suggest 2k2UM instead since 14 is supposed to play similarly. Plus, 13 is stupid fast, not the best to start out with. It has good netcode though. Check out Dreamcancel for written guides for characters and tournaments, otherwise hit the lab and get comfortable with a few characters and then hit up online.

get that sideways pussy user

Thanks mate, let's hope so.

thanks, dont have extra cash to buy it but will in like a week. See yah nerds out there giving you free W's

Good luck, mang.

servers have been fucked today. I was watching an sfv stream and the guy had guile as his favorite character but when he got in the ranked game he was ken. Capcom really needs to get their shit together

Is it me or is SFV slow as shit and all the movesets are gutted compared to previous titles?

Feels a lot faster than sf4 imo.

not to mentions there's a lot less time outs at least in my experience

Surely you jest.

We all know its much faster than the shitfest that SF4 was, but I'm comparing it to the Alpha series or anything but 4 for that matter

Compared to SF2 Turbo (the best game ever made, no not Super you faggots), yeah it's slow.

Saying SF5 has gutted movesets is dead wrong tho. Most returning characters have revamped movesets with tons of extra crap. In fact, some characters could stand to be pared down.

mikaaaaaaaa

Fuck off, retard

So what's up with BB, is it selling well? Big scene in japan or anywhere else?

The characters all seem to have their own gimmick which is cool, but the shitty story and dead online scene made me drop it after CT.

BB is king of the Japanese arcades, and if you want an online match, you have to play on console on the newest version, and even then I dunno. But it sells in Japan.

Can anyone confirm if the replay system is working in sf5 right now? I am trying to save them, but new replays aren't being saved.

It's not even correctly framed like a DSP video.

Americans already dominate Smash

That's very nice user, but he asked about fighting games.

one of the wierdest sf5 streams this year, PIE Smug plays LowTierGod AND SonicFox in the same stream
twitch.tv/teampienyc/v/63599542

Why would anyone playing LTG be a thing of interest?

now that fighting games are sort of starting to reenter the public eye he's developing his own faggot cult of obsessers like cwc

I wish I wasn't shit at video games and could play one of the anime airdashers. The best I can do is UNIEL since the commands are simple and the game rewards good defense. A friend of mine who goes to the same local meetup brings those kinds of games, and I'm wondering if there's a character for me in BB. I want to be a slow piece of shit with good defense. I tried Bang since he's got armor point moves but I feel like he's a very high execution character. Tried Hazama but I hate his short range normals. I normally wouldn't mind having to live in close range, but not at the pace this game moves, I need space to breathe. How complicated is Hakumen? I just want someone with good pokes on his normals and some nice, easy specials.

I've been thinking about Smash as an actual fighting game. In order for SSB to be a real fighting, there needs to be a health-bar (i.e. Stamina), rounds instead of stock, and maybe have smaller stages. The stages can be bigger and have maybe pitfalls, but not so big that characters can be easily knocked out of the stages.

That or does smash need to be a SF clone?

KI, KI2, UMK2 and UMK3-TE on FBA progress
fightcade when?

I have liked fighting games for a while, but always been shit at them, but recently I picked up Guilty Gear xrd and set myself to actually learning how to play properly, and it really helped me with it's decent turorials. I play BB a little bit, but guilty gear xrd blows it out of the water for me, and the characters just seem so much more interesting. I actually play Hakumen, and he is reasonably simple to start learning, since he has a limited moveset, but I feel he is hard to master.

LTG= Low Tier Garbage player. Another USAian who talks big but has nothing to back up his words.

V-Triggerred. :P

Get out

That's the beauty. I don't subscribe to his channels, but I enjoy watching youtube videos people make where he gets his shit handed to him as he complains about lag and bad characters.

In what sense? I felt like several returning movesets were decently expanded upon.

Why would you even do any of that? Percentage, knockback, and recovery are all things that make Smash unique and make it unique to play. It's kind of like sumo wrestling - you're just trying to get ring-outs.

Smash doesn't need to be anything, just let it remain its own thing. But a fighting game it is not.

It'd be great if shit like smash and pokken got their own tournaments and stopped mixing with the traditional fighting games, i bet nintendo shilled and paid a lot to have pokken in the main scene at EVO, the whole tournament scene is falling little by little under the control of AAA sponsors, it will be nothing but a WWE kind of show one day

Can't we just call Smash an "alternate-fighter" kind of like the beat'em up genre?

That's like saying Sonic its own thing, but its not considered a platformer.

Motion-command Claw with two stances?
Dhalism's parabolic yoga-fire?
Different =/= gutted

B-but I need to be an epic shitposter!

Smash has always had their own tourneys, and it's grassroots scene is actually impressively strong. One of the earliest tourneys this year nearly had as many entrants for Melee as EVO last year (just over 1.8k). I don't really mind it mixing with traditional fighters at bigger events, but having 2 games on the stage is just pushing it. Given the split in communities between the games though, it makes sense why organizations would prefer having them both for a higher amount of unique entrants and viewers.
Well that's a given. Contributing the McRib Fund is how you get to the main stage unless you have a big community behind you, which Pokken definitely does not have.

I think of smash like mortal combat where you have to use stage fatality to win.

Don't get the sonic comparison at all. Smash is too fundamentally different from fighting games to even be considered a subgenre of it. Just because occasionally two people go 1v1 in an arena styled environment doesn't make it a fighting game. This isn't even about semantics, there is literally not a single similarity between fighting games and smash other than "you win by hitting your opponent a lot" and even that is not entirely true.
Don't get why people like this faggot get all flustered when someone says Smash isn't a fighting game either, like they immediately assume that person is trying to shit talk it. It's like telling someone to go fuck theirselves because they point out the fact that apples aren't oranges.

What in the fuck. Does Bison have a weird jmk?

But in Smash your character fights the other player's character.

That makes it a game about fighting.

Why does it matter if it's called a fighting game or not?

That's because you're splitting hairs when comparing apples and oranges, and then denying oranges as fruit. What was the last fighting game you've played that wasn't SF or a SF clone? My point is just because Smash doesn't follow the majority of SF's mechanics doesn't mean its no longer a fighting game.

Lethal League

In quake, you're fighting with someone else, you just use guns. So quake is a fighting game now. Does it matter what it's called?

Fighting with your fists are different to shooting with your guns. In Quake you shoot with guns, so it's a shooter, in smash and SF you fight with your fists, so they are fighters.

Fists, m8? No, the correct response is that the entire flow of gameplay starting with perspective is different. FPSs have different reads and different counters completely seperate from being able to judge high/low or feints. But Smash is still basically a platforming party game. It's not really much of a fighting game. From what I've seen, there's little mix-up and more waiting for the other person to screw up and it usually ends in a life almost always being lost, but Smashfags love to conplain that they lose 30% of their life in traditional fighting games from one combo. At the end of the day, Smash can be fun to play and keep people engaged, but it's just not the same category. There are too many differences.

I think one of the primary points of contention between Smash and traditional fighters is that Smash relies entirely on ring-outs for KOs while nearly every fighting game primarily uses stamina/life bars. I mean how many fighting games actually have ringlets as a primary feature? Soul Calibur is the only one I can think of off the top of my head.

Smash since melee has had a stamina system. The problem isn't that it's ringout per se, but that the entire point of Smash is that it's trying to be a platforming beat em up that people want to make competitive. Brawl's story mode was a great use of Smash's engine, as if it were a glorified Kirby game. But people still think it should be touted as some big deal because you can speed up the animations and do frame canceling.

No, Mario Party is a party game. As user said Smash trades lifebars/stamina for percentage. Smash even gives players the option of using stamina, so what makes Smash not a fighting game again?

I could literally apply that to any other fighting game. Guy fucks up and gets punished for it.

I don't get it; Smash has characters fighting each other, it has ring-outs, knock-outs aka "KO" You know, that thing you see and hear after every round of SF Hell, Ryu from Street Fighter is in Sm4sh. What exactly does Smash lack or have that separates itself from being a fighter? The platforming? Are bigger stages now a bad thing?

If Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KoF, etc. was set up so that the only way to win a round is to ring-out your a opponent, would it stop being a fighting game?

You know what? I don't believe him nor the phares that's been quote minded. I honestly think he's trying to have his cake and eat it too by showing a bipolar like and dislike for the game(s) he made and how the fans play them. Remember that Nintendo is trying to aim for that widen audience, and not everyone likes the competitive side of Smash. Also keep in mind Smash 64 was made in the late 90's, an era where fighting games were really popular and the earlist prototype of Smash was named "Dragon King" Yeah, that sounds like a party game to me. :^)

There's no harm in calling Smash a fighting game. Get over yourself.

Did you even read or are you too butthurt that people don't want to play Smash because it's not that great of a competitive game?
Try again.
Gee then I guess it would be, huh nigger? Since the fighting game genre really blew up with SF, no fucking wonder the designs are similar. Smash isn't. It's designed to be played with items and stage hazards. That was it's unique focus. Any attempt to remove said uniqueness just means that you should play any other fighting game. It's like trying to take Mario Kart a competitive racer instead of realizing that without the party elements, it becomes a bland racing game. But at least Mario Kart has more in common with Need for Speed than Smash does with Street Fighter.
You literal faggot, name means nothing. Dokapon Kingdom is a party game, Power Stone is a party fighter, SFxT is a party fighter, name mean nothing unless you're a pretentious faggot. Given the way you so desperately want smash to be called a fighting game, you must be one.

I did. The real question is did you actually play Smash or did you just watch other people play the game and followed the "Smash is not a fighting game" maymay?

Great comeback user. Very informative.

Then why in later squeals did they add in the option to make Smash more competitive? i.e. FD's style stages, no items, 2 stock AKA "rounds" Nintendo may have disowned the Meleefags, but they still threw them a bone.

So being a borderline SF clone makes you a real fighting game? Okay, noted. :^)

Racing games aren't as flexible as fighting games user. Would a game with racing planes still be a "real" racing game? Again, apples and oranges.

That's a RPG with Mario Party elements, not the other way around.

That's an arena fighting game.

Okay, I know the game was shit, but now you're just fucking with me.

You're doing that thing again, splitting hairs.

There's no shame in calling Smash and fighting game, or an arena fighter. Stop sucking on SF's nipple for one minute and expand your horizion on the possibles of what fighting games can be. Do you really want 30 more squeals of Street Fighter or do want to see what can and can't work in this genre?

You're as bad as the faggots that thing roguelikes can be real-time. After all is said and done, who cares if I do or do not call it a fighting game? I could make similar arguments about King of the Monsters, but does that hamper you having fun? Do you enjoy Smash? Then why do you care if I don't call it something you do? If it was about making good games with new mechanics, don't you think they'd be in a different genre too? We don't really consider DMC to be your average beat em up, either, despite nailing most of the points we'd classify it as normally. Nothing's stopping devs from doing new things, other than the new things just being ass.

You're free to call a cat a unique breed of dog, but don't be surprised when others around you correct you. A cat's a cat, and a game where people fight each other is a game where people fight each other. Ergo, a fighting game. Not exactly sure what your standards are for a fighting game, but now would be real useful.

Not really, believe what you want but you're still objectively wrong

Yes, in the right settings I put it on the same level as SF and MK. Again, all the options are there to make it a good fighter.

I just like the game. I'm wondering way you get so heated about the idea of Smash being a fighting game. Is it too kiddy for you?
Why do you care?

Sonic the Hedgehog added longer levels, tracks, and a co-op partner system before SMB did. Is Sonic not considered a platformer? Smash, to me, is a fighter dancing to its own beat.

That's because DMC has its own theme, and stands out from the average beat'em up. Its the uniqueness that make it the same treat, but different flavor just like Smash.

I'll agree its a gamble, but we never went to the moon without taking risk. Experimentation is what makes or breaks a game, and the free market decides what's a good or bad idea. If Nintendo took no risk back in late 90's and made Smash a SF clone, almost no one would be talking about it to this day.

Do you why so many people, including me, like Smash and see it as a fighting game?

Because it isn't Street Fighter.

It's okay for fighting games to have subgenres

M8, it's a completely unique thing, hence people don't refer to it as a fighting game. Again, does that mean that League is a fighting game because you have heroes fight each other? The closest you have is that it's 2D and you hit each other. How am I objectively wrong again? How isn't it a platforming party game?

And if you call something a fighting game because it's not Street Fighter, then I guess every ASSFAGGOTS is a fighting game, especially since they have loads of people fighting. As for why I'm bothered what people call it: I'm honestly not as much as my posting makes it seem. I am bothered by people who desperately want it to be called something when it's fine on it's own. It's not my favorite game, but it's got a uniqueness all on it's own. Not to mention the fact that you're braindead retarded if you think every non-Smash "Fighting game" is a SF2 clone and that's why you like Smash so much.

>Dissidia too

nintendo.com/games/detail/super-smash-bros-for-wii-u#game-overview
nintendo.com/games/detail/super-smash-bros-for-nintendo-3ds#game-overview

Both overviews refernce "fight" and "battle". I know wikipedia isn't a reliable source, but their pages call Smash a "crossover fighter".

Where are you getting the idea that Smash is a party game? Is it on the box som-
Oh wait, look what I found.

user, o your research next time before you go around calling people retarded.
Dumbass.

Lethal League? Sure.

I was main to the option of one-on-one. But that the beauty of Smash really, its a figther plus more. But still, that's a false equivalent.

So Smash is
Smash.
So to you, giving it the fighting game label with take away its uniqueness some how?

Weeb Fighters with more SFX

Don't forget MMA games, and boxing games, and that one rare sumo game called Super Smash Bros. :^)

But that's my point user, VF went outside slighty of the box by bringing fighting games into the relam of 3D. But with the growing advancment of technology, something like VF was inevitable.

As much I dislike Dissidia, that is a fighting game as well unfortunately.

Fuck you

Juat my personal preference user.

If it makes you feel any better, nice dubs.

And every "soulslike" is like Dark Souls rather than just having one or two things, right?

Not sure what makes you think that, it's a pretty apt comparison. You can go play a WC3 mod that started ASSFAGGOTS 1v1. It has people fighting, but there's also more about the game.

Or fine, if you're going to be a butthurt faggot, Guilty Gear 2 is a fighting game.

Oh, gee, I dunno, have you played any of the games in the past 2 decades?

Dark, gloomy, emo-tier medieval games. Different in genre, sure. But all of them have the same theme. I'm pretty sure a few of them could be classifed as Metroidvania games.

And you can go 1v1, 2-4 stock, timed, and fight on a plain stage.
What is your point? Both are optional.

The same can be said for Smash. Again, your point?

Never said it wasn't, haven't played it myself. But it still isn't by the looks of it because it never claimed to be one in the past, unlike when Smash does.

I have, all three of them. And in all three SSB's, I can play with one friend or CPU, set items OFF, set stock to 2, pick Dreamland/Yoshi's Story/Battlefield/FD and fight my opponent with the skill of my character.

And its all there for you to choose, if you do it or not

I don't see many modern fighting games going up to round 50, if you're feeling crazy enough to it.

And that's the beauty of Smash; its not only a fighting game, but a flexible fighting game. Why just fight 1 v 1? Team battle it out if you want. One of Smash's selling points over, oh let just say, Street Fighter V is the freedom of choice to how crazy or strict you want your match to be. The only thing the newest SFV's got going for it is a few new characters, visual novel artwork and a big fat IOU the other half of the game. But I guess its not fair to compare a finished game with an Steam early access title. Oh well, there's always SF4 take 3.

Smash evolves and brought something new for the kiddes, to stay fresh and to spread its influence further. But it still has that comp spark from its older titles. Nintendo's not dumb enough to complete exclude the competitive crowd. They'll always got their favorite fighting game whether it be Melee, M, 4, and yes even 64.

Updating with fresh Webms

Three left, but I'll post the last one in another day. It's enough with three posts in a row.

Those characters use some form of martial art that also involves weapons. I don't have a problem with counting them as fighters, too.

Really, I don't get why people really don't want Smash to be a fighting game, but whatever.

SF 4th strike?

I wish Sonic Boom had less recovery than it does right now, fairly easy to react to and punish. It just seems like a poor man's hadouken, right now it's fullscreen/in combos or bust.

Sure Guile has his V-trigger but I'd take the booms over the E.Ryu looping combos any day.

How come we don't do Garou or Jojo tournaments anymore?

Currently mate it's just a bit of burn out, it'll come back later hopefully, the group is planning on having a random 6th game every week now so maybe Garou will pop up again there.