What the hell happened?

what the hell happened?

Other urls found in this thread:

telegraph.co.uk/culture/film/10826867/Viggo-Mortensen-interview-Peter-Jackson-sacrificed-subtlety-for-CGI.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

He should have stuck to making low-budget horror films.

He got /fit/. Don't ever listen to /fit/. Their advice is always wrong because they think just having muscles or not being fat is enough.

He got jewed on the hobbit, literally did nothing wrong

He's an overrated horror filmmaker who got lucky and landed a huge job. I'm surprised the LotR films turned out as well as they did tbh.

Next step for Hollywood is to create recurrent 3D Actors/Actresses, everything else already is.

He joined a homo boy rape cult.

Not a bad idea actually. Maybe they will make perfect waifus instead of the awful surfboards they keep casting.

It’s simple: all those perspective tricks he did won’t work when filming 3d movies.
So he had to Star Wars prequel that shit, which made it ugly and unappealing.

he joined the hobbit film late in the game after cuck toro bailed, the lotr movies had 2-3 years post production, jackson had mere months to prepare for the hobbit movie

Dumped onto the hobbit production late in the game and was forced to make three movies out of something that was perfect for two movies.

Two movies would have been a stretch. One 3 hour movie would have been fine. By your logic the LOTR could have easily been 6 movies.

Well i'm just going off of how the maple edit was I think 4 or 5 hours. Hit most points and could have easily been in two parts.

Now that i think of it that's a very emasculating name

the hobbit is short enough that a single 3 hr film could easily do it. fuck, they managed to make it into a single kid's movie, and that had an even shorter run time. the problem was the unnecessary additional shit shoved in. even though it was based on shit that was documented in the appendices that happened at the time of the hobbit, they weren't important to the story of the hobbit itself and that's why they aren't in the book.

The lord of the Rings-movies aren't that good, got tons of weird tonal shifts and shitty Hollywood tropes in probably the single best work of fiction from the 20th century. He had to work hard to fuck that up.

His King Kong-movie was when it was obvious he was shite.

telegraph.co.uk/culture/film/10826867/Viggo-Mortensen-interview-Peter-Jackson-sacrificed-subtlety-for-CGI.html
Basically. Jackson kept the Ring and it corrupted him into a CGI junkie.
LOTR had it used in a way that didn't consume the movie. The movies after it were rife with it.
CGI is still in the uncanny valley.

I'm kind of curious what an autistic person thinks "weird tonal shifts" are. Care to elaborate? Sorry if this is offensive.

Watch the Fellowship of the Ring and then The Two Towers and Return of the King and you can see he jumped the shark inbetween there

Yeah, you can clearly see it in his awful King Kong remake – the scene with the dinosaur stampede had atrociously bad CGI.

There was so much CGI in those movies. The bug cavern still looks good tho

in that movie*