Shit Comic Artists

I hate when I get a little invested in a comic and after a few issues the artist changes and is god awful. I hate you Horacio Domingues. What comic artists do you hate?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salvador_Larroca
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Is that Incorruptible? I don't remember the art being anywhere near that bad when I read it.

i remember being a kid and getting crushed when Machine Man went from crazy New Gods looking art to total fucking dimestore trash, and thinking
that was when Ditko took it over, by the way

The illustrations are a normal level of bad by modern standards but the composition is really conspicuously terrible.

Mike Deodato Jr.

He managed to kill not only William Messner-Loebs' run on Wonder Woman, but also Peter David's run on The Hulk.
It's like both writers took one look at the art and just gave up.

It's worse in The Hulk because I really had the feeling that the previous artist, Angel Medina, was deliberately screwed by the editors, Angel is a perfectly competent artist, previously Jim Starlin had called him one of the three best he'd worked with, but they gave him idiots to ink his work and only printed negative letters complaining about his work, and responded with mock surprise, which, back when Marvel actually pretended to read letters, was the oldest trick in the book to make it seem like the guy you were kicking was really unpopular. Then they bring in TITS MCNOBACKGROUND, the man who pathologically couldn't draw his own grandmother without insect-like supermodel legs and Russ Myers tits up around her ears, who came in somewhere between Rob Liefeld and Greg Land.

Even John Byrne was making fun of Deodato when he took over Wonder Woman.

I hear ya, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't masturbating over Deodato's Amazons back then.

Salvador Larroca

Is spanish? that makes me very ashamed.

HOW DID HE GOT AWAY WITH IT?

The same way Greg Land does. Also, people were so accustomed to Greg Land being the tracing hack of Marvel that some misattributed the hhhhnngggg old man/Iron Man tracing to him, when in it was actually Larroca. They eventually found out about him, though.

So sorry user. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salvador_Larroca

To be fair, I think the last one is justified.

These never fail to crack me up

Jack Cayless. Thankfully I think he's out of the cape picture now.

I'd describe Mark Campos' artwork as Liefeld on crack.

I think these serve as a great example to aspiring artists as to why you shouldn't trace. It is the quickest, surefire way to the bottom of the uncanny valley.

Was that from EXTREME JUSTICE?

What's wrong with the picture? Looks fine to me.

Good point. Let my try to find some more egregious examples.

Cartoony/steroid proportions, still nowhere near as bad as half the shit ITT.

It's like someone is pulling a melting Barbie doll.

Thanks

Wait he actually worked for the big two at one point?

Yikes.

Lets not.

I kind of want to say Humberto Ramos. You can argue its stylized and in my youth I would've bought that with his older work. But seeing Champions and some of his other stuff just make it come off as lazy and sloppy.

PAD's Hulk went on for years after Deodato.
They brought on Adam Kubert, Wolverine, Apocalypse, Juggernaut guest spots, gave it a big push, and PAD didn't leave for another year and a half.
I get the criticism of him (especially in '90s) but Deodato was only on Hulk for seven issues. Nowhere near long enough or close enough to the end to kill that run.

Man, those looked pretty bad.

Could you explain to my half-blind, artistically illiterate ass what's wrong with it?

nigga wut?

some of these are pretty bad

Oh God I've actually read this comic. seems meh enough. Though why the son looks like Danny Phantom is beyond me.

The actual character drawings are janky but drawing at his level might be passable if he got the composition right.

It's the dead eyes and the constant depiction of the furry as an obnoxious obsessive that still leaves me unsure if these aren't meant to be making fun of furries.

Wait. You're unsure whether this comic, starring a ridiculous furry stereotype that somehow managed to get a wife and start a family, is meant to be making fun of furries?

I think we're all just so used to furries being absolutely degenerative cancer that a comic affectionately poking fun at them is too innocent to understand.

That's just a trace.

Anyone have that America page where the characters change skin tone relative to eachother across two panels right next to eachother?

Did he just trace over Nicole Kidman?

Got one without the watermark?

no

Damn near squirrel girl bad.

Why is SHULK big green 24\7? Is it a personal choice or is her power just always on without a stressor like Banners? I know they write Yellow Hulk the same way as well, but I guess I never really bothered following Hulk beyond the classics and the Ferrigno show.

No one in Marvel comics took a look at this repulsive art and said, "let's not hire this person."?

Old comics used to mock other artists for doing it. One of the spidey comics had a random guy reading a newspaper saying "[Artist's surname] Swipes Again!" as a headline.
"Swiping" is tracing from other comic artists.

Could you imagine the fucking shit storm if someone did that now? Imagine all the Salon articles and e-celebs twatting about this shit if someone had the GALL to call them out swiping as opposed to confrotning the artist ont he act itself Doubly so if the artist hast he all encompassing pussy pass.

Is Holla Forums aware that Maisie is featuring in comics now?

that poor soul

the thing is, the artists wanted to emulate the real life fursuit eyes

DELETE THIS!

She prefers being Hulk'd out, and it helps that she has one over her cousin in the ability to change at will. Even when she was permanently locked into Hulk mode for a while after absorbing a shitload of radiation, she just said "What's the bad news?"

john romita jr need some leesons.

I've removed most of it. Here you go.

When a thread is about shit artists who got comics published, wading in with whatever you found with the "random" button on Comic Genesis is kinda cheating.

Furry shit aside, it looks more like the author didn't want this to try to be an artistic and well drawn comic and wanted this to look not that different from a newspaper comic strip. Cartooney style is still kinda meh.

lol they just mirrored half a face and didn't bother fixing it.

Hey neogaf

I think so – there’s been a Holla Forumstv/ Maisie crossover

lol k

Arya stark?

Shit art quality aside, what were they thinking when drawing first three panels? They don't look good and they don't really tell readers anything. What were they going for? Is the view supposed to pan from one eye to half of each and then stop? If so, why? If they wanted to show her rolling eyes or looking around, it would be better to keep the area that panels depict consistent across the panel, but with position of pupils and eyebrows being the only differences.

This are so many easy ways to fix it aside from keeping panel's coverage consistent, but two are especially simple and obvious.
First, the three panels could easily be used to establish the mood of the scene - show an empty chair across the desk, show that Jen is the only person in the office, show empty file racks and folders or computer with a screensaver on or something,
Second, you could just remove those, and instead make the fourth panel a full page. Including location and narration from previous three on one image would make the moment linger longer and feel more drawn out, which would fit better than what we have right now. It would also mean less