We have to stop feminism. It has reached anime

They're pushing the wrong buttons…

Other urls found in this thread:

themarysue.com/moe-misogyny-and-masculinity/
gen.lib.rus.ec/book/index.php?md5=0A181DFACD312F3FBB38FAE187396241
youtube.com/watch?v=p-A8GvUehq4
youtube.com/watch?v=x9HNpDQloZ0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

As if. Anime has been feminist since conception.

wew

themarysue.com/moe-misogyny-and-masculinity/
article in question

if it makes anime less fucking fruity I'm all for feminists having anime

The Mary Sue is a sensationalist propaganda machine and no one actually takes it seriously, and if you do take it seriously you're only hurting yourself.

There is no need to worry, our anime is safe.

you mean oldschool feminism. modern feminism has been hijacked by lesbians and man haters.

If it destroys the anime industry I'll consider it a win

This tbh. If feminists manage to destroy anime, I don't think I'll be as hostile to them in the future.

Hello reddit

otaku here…so Holla Forums wants feminism to destroy anime?

but I thought we were supposed to be bros!

WEEBOOS ARE NOT MY COMRADE

lmao

Kek, it's not like they can do anything but whine on the english internet, the precious nukige market shall remain untainted

Anime is cancer and reactionary. It must be destroyed for revolution to move on.

It's irrelevant Western clickbait: it has no weight on what anime is/does and likely never will. Articles like this exist solely to get weebs angry to suckle away a few extra drips from the greasy flaps of ad revenue.

FUCKING KEK

you stalinist kisama, it's you who are going to get nanking'd!

Why the hell does she assume she has the authority which series are erotic and which are not? Why is all anime containing fanservice not simply all an erotic series?

Imma get called a pedo for saying this, but what's worse: sexualizing children (whatever that means in this context) or pretending like children are not the immature form of a sexual being with immature sexual psychology and physiology?

the second one

Why the fuck does Donatello look like Pepe there?

what a pleb

get a life and stop watching bhutanese moving pictures about little girls you mentally ill batty boys, you are willingly submitting to a form of infantilization, japs cant be trusted, they are even more strange in the head than krauts. Sure they have certain skills but you gotta keep an eye on em, and this weeb shit has gotten out of control, never have wörk/reeducation camps been more need

Not sure if pol bait or shitposting.

wew

I have no idea who that is weeabo, its you who is the japanophile here, no one else cares about their "culture" outside of maybe an architecture student amazed by their intricate woodwork

you need to grow up, life isnt peachy and it will punch you in the cunt soon enough

oh god, are you actually serious

I want to see how this ends.

It's true tho
MOE IS AWFUL

I dunno man, lesbians have a really high rate of domestic violence.

dont confuse my dismissal of your shitty hobby for anger weeabo, if anything I cry tears of sadness at all the wasted potential

He hates fascist and if you're referring to "The Wind Rises", there was nothing explicitly supporting the imperialist government.

And clearly that's because it's just a symptom of being gay amirite? Essentialism is only bullshit when it fits our narrative; culture and environment is only significant when it's evidence against human nature for "humans" as a whole, right?

Nah, because gay men are way less violent than even heterosexual couples.

>>>/reddit/

The only difference between feminists acdeimcis and Tumblrina is that one group is slightly better at hiding their leg beard man hate.

If only you faggots would read something and not get all your ideas about feminism from GG memes. smh

You mean the bourgie women's movement? Yeah, feminism was always shit.

The feminist movements (waves) have always been dominated by liberals. Big fucking surprise. That doesn't make anarcha-feminism and Marxist feminism any less valuable.

It is pretty worthless when you consider the redundancy of believing in equality, yet needing a women's movement.

Not really, you're just a naive liberal fuck like the rest of Holla Forums who thinks that if you just "believe" in equality, that makes you automatically a good person who is going to respect the autonomy of maginalized groups and represent them authentically.

The reality is that people need to be able to represent themselves, because the only person who is qualified to present their own views and experiences is themselves. Believe it or not, you're not some perfect, rational subject who is always going to act completely fairly and always act in the interest of the equality and autonomy of everyone. Shit like this plagued even kekalonia, which is why the Mujeres Libres had to be formed despite everyone involved being "anarchists" and claiming to believe in equality. Just like Bakunin and Proudhon - the fucking fathers of anarchism - were bigoted assholes despite ostensibly believing in "equality".

You can't just intellectualize away the narratives that have been structured into you. The Other needs to be able to represent his/herself and point out prejudices that you'd never see on your own.

Academic feminism is even worse than tumblr feminism. Tumblr feminists are like the Westboro Baptist Church shouting GOD HATES [insert literally anything] while academic feminists are like the creation "science" apologists who put an intellectual veneer on propaganda designed to convince gullible people on what policies to implement. Then you also have the feminists in media (mostly new media) like Jezebel and xojane and MTV who are the equivalent of televangelists. They're working all the angles just like a religion. And just like religions, the ones who aren't shit are the complete normalfags who are into into it nominally - the religious people who go through the motions as a cultural thing and the people who go "yeah, I think gender equality is good so I'm a feminist" and leave it at that.

And just like a religious apologist, you misplace the burden of proof. It's up to the proponents of anarcha-feminism to demonstrate its value, not for its skeptics to demonstrate its lack thereof.

Stopped reading right there, m8.

The Mujeres Libres were an opposition group based around gender, but were fundamentally anarchist in their politics. This is from Suceso Portales, someone who was actually a member:

Source is Free Women of Spain by Martha A. Ackelsberg, pp.22-23.
gen.lib.rus.ec/book/index.php?md5=0A181DFACD312F3FBB38FAE187396241

The Mujeres Libres have been identified as feminists in hindsight, oddly enough, even if the members themselves recognized that feminism's goals were markedly short of theirs.

"Feminism is a word that is applicable only to wealthy women, because poor women have never been feminists, nor would they be permitted to be SO!" muh privileges were unjust, however, and "if they are unjust when men take advantage of them, they will still be unjust if women take advantage of them."
– p.119

These women were too based for feminism. Pity the bourgs learned that they had to force bourgeois feminism on working women, lest they close ranks with working men.

Having read the article, I hear these (gender-neutral) bitches complain lots about moe but you never see them speaking out against how Twilight and slash fiction provide an impossible ideal of masculinity that is designed to appeal to women because of the way their brains are wired to select mates.

The impossible theoretical ideal is in place for both genders - it was put in place by biology and only discovered by artists working with distortion and exaggerations who inadvertently stumbled upon it. It will continue to exist even when its expression in art ceases to be. (Not to say that anime girls are stored away in the brain, simply that viewers will continue to have the same type of response to the same absurd combination of traits.)

Complaining that characters in moe anime not displaying the full range of human emotion and capability reduces viewers' empathy for women is like complaining that The Big Bang Theory reduces viewers' empathy for regular human nerds because they present an unrealistic standard of people who don't have to deal with depression, bitter conflict, cancer and death in the family despite these things being a part of human life. It's unrealistic, yes. That is the point.

Even so, I'm really reaching here - the above is based on a single sentence buried on the whole mess about how the characters who the audience empathizes with are "least like the real women the target audience is likely to interact with every day." So who gives a fuck?

The real crux of this person's issue seem to be that it's entertainment that men like. Besides the quote above, not one bit of justification for why it actually is problematic. Not to mention that women are involved in anime and manga production far more than in the equivalent American industries. The person responsible for the objectively best moe anime of all time, Hidamari Sketch, is a woman, Ume Aoki.

It's the same thing with violent and sexy videogames. The same crowd seems to think something is inherently wrong because it appeals to a certain subset of young men even if it isn't explicitly excluding anyone else. It really seems like a natural evolution of the neoliberal desire to reduce everything to a bland "family friendly" garabage that appeals to the largest audience possible.

…it's kind of like "stop liking what I don't like" but extended to "stop liking what not everyone likes."

Call me when the cancer metastasizes anywhere important

This, really. Every time I heard it, clear back to the '90s, "anime needs more strong female characters" has been one of the dumbest complaints imaginable. It's not just at the level of stupidity for Holla Forumsidya, or comics where there's merely a large number number of powerful female characters. No, anime is where 99% of the most formidable, willful, deep, amazing female characters I can think of in ANY medium are.

Oh, and to tie into pic above, Japan has female popculture down pat: Stop trying to castrate manly culture, stop trying to force girly stuff down guys' throats, let them exist separately, and… Hey, whatcha' know, crossover happens organically!

Oh yeah and they're well aware of how moronic everyone else is. The U.N tities to get them to use some more puritanical media guidelines filled with sjw jargon more in line with western attitudes and they told them to fuck off. I'm not that worried about them doing anything. The Tekken developer called neogaf a bunch of Nazis and told them he'd made a skin head character just for them after they contacted him on twitter with the usual whining about sexy women. They seem to have zero tolerance for this stuff.

anime < anything

I literally just read an anthropological study which claimed kawaii/moe is revolutionary queer and feminist, so fuck this article.

Got a citation for that, my dude?

It reached western anime fandom decades ago. Nobody cares, people don't even laugh at it anymore, just ignore them.

It's unlikely to reach anime itself because Japan have much less spoiled hipster "critic" types and much more artists who understand they need to defend freedom of expression.

…aaand /thread.

Bingo. People. Represent themselves. Not delegate said representation to a movement centered over a single, largely irrelevant, aspect of their personhoood, like gender or skin color.

…aaand explicitly confirms.

As I've said, we've seen this bullshit in the fandom for decades, and people who spouted it would in the next sentence praise fujoshi works for their storytelling depths. They're just inherently hypocritical.

Precisely.

This is true of all feminist critiques of culture, but their bitching about anime (which is absolutely dominated by females) has no other excuse and proves it beyond any doubt.

Are they really complaining about media that explicitly panders to bitter virgins? It's hackish titty garbage that normies don't care about, let them have their fantasies. It's like adult men complaining that Life is Strange is stupid to them.

The anime that doesn't pander to them is already heavily watched by females.

women.
Source?

That's a stupid convention anyway.

It's not a convention, it's not giving ad revenue that write bullshit in the hope to bait some fanbase and cash on their rage

Honestly, the only correct course of action is not "archive. It's "not read".

he's the original pepe

Aristocrat scum, you are literally a porkie, guillotine is waiting for you.

wow, dialectical.

In a real free market the feminists could just enter a voluntary agreement with the big broadcasting agencies to forbid the airing of excellent materials across private channels and shoot down any anime satellites that violate the NAP by beaming excellent anime to privately-owned apartment fortresses, leading to the anime hiring plausibly deniable assassin maids with self-wiping memories to eliminate all the feminists, teaching a lesson that will prevent anyone from banning anime again when the feminists' contract expires in 500 years.

You use adblock for that.

wew lad
Big bang theory is a shitty capitalist show which shows how capitalism absorbs all opposition of it, waters it down and makes it presentable to consumers.
Nerds of BBT are not a representation of true nerd culture, ask anyone who is atleast a bit connected to nerd culture and they'll tell you BBT nerds have nothing to do with it
BBT is representation of what the absolute turd capitalist popculture thinks nerds are. So yes, BBT is utter garbage, it does reduce empathy because it presents watered down version(stereotype) of a group and distorts general audience's view of this group, which is harmful.

I don't know if the same could be said about moe because I dont watch anime at all but I saw you defending BBT and I fucking hate that show and I had to interject for a moment

So? This doesn't prove anything.

I mean I wouldn't censor them or anything but you fuckers are really pathetic.

Excluding legitimate good anime, all the loli shit can die tbh

I'm as anticapitalist as anyone but tbh, I used to think the same about that show until I learned my bf and all his scientist labmates really do love it. I'd describe them as normie nerds though, they're more into doing actual useful shit like science instead of posting on imageboards like us.

anyway, I think it's a cute show now. Sheldon dude is a good actor and they hide actual nerd references in there that norms don't really get, so it still appeals to my special snowflake nerd outcast identity.

This isn't evolutionary psychology, dude, this is plain old neuroscience. This video is a good bit on different responses to sexual cues depending on sex and sexual orientation which isn't exactly what I'm talking about in reference to moe, but is kind of close: youtube.com/watch?v=p-A8GvUehq4

There's also a very good book that talks about the neuroscience of art in the context of the Viennese Expressionist movement called The Age of Insight, which I would highly recommend if you're interested in learning more (although it doesn't delve so deeply into the sexual aspect, but anyway that is a minor albeit definite part of moe appeal.) I don't believe in evolutionarily-defined hard and fast gender roles, but the fact of the matter is that there are neurological differences between how men and women act.

Also, I'm not defending BBT, I think it's utter trash as well, personally, and I just used it because it's an utterly normalfag-tier situational comedy. My point had nothing to do with the characters being nerds, it had to do with them being flat and exaggerated for the purposes of laughs.

And while I do agree with you on it being trash, I think you're full of shit if you say that it's a problematic depiction of nerds that hurts actual nerds through its existence. People aren't going to treat you like shit because you're a nerd and they watched the Big Bang Theory, because even the type of person who watches that shit would be able to tell the difference between wacky sitcom characters and actual living human beings. That is my point regarding moe anime as well.

Even adopting an defining yourself by an identity such as nerd smacks of bourgeois idpol. We are human beings.

You sound spooked.

Anime is literally capitalist and bourgeois. Fuck off.

Spooky.

Prove it.

Laughing_anime_girls.jpg

No he fucking isn't you dumbocrat libtard. It's so obvious how fake it is and his expressions and even worse is you can literally see their age. You deserved to be banned for just this statement alone. Kill yourself.

dumb bourgeois kids living in extreme muh privilege to the point of not needing to work having enough time to waste on their drawings TO SELL? KILL YOURSELF.

I've been watching Kuromukuro on netflix and I can't help but wonder about some of the design choices. If the Mary Sure wasn't such a fucking garbage heap they'd be more worried about the increasingly Reactionary current infecting anime considering Japan's deteriorating political atmosphere.

There's nothing more reactionary than acting purely from or in response to your own "experience."

There's always been a strong reactionary in anime since its inception as a medium. It might have something to do with the fact that Japan has been an authoritarian police state since the Tokugawa period.

First world liberalism is hell of a drug. Reifying people into the boxes of the 'oppressed' groups and then bullying everyone who doesn't give a shit, from some high moral ground.

Ignore the other retards. They're just bitter tankies with shit taste. Under any leftist government actually deserving of the name anime would continue to be produced and lolis would be held up as the highest form of 2D perfection.

lol

Most of the people employed in the Japanese animation industry are criminally overworked wimps producing lowest-common-denominator garbage who might as well work at an assembly line.

There are a lot of creative and upright artists as well, for sure, but the vast majority are not much more attached to "freedom of expression" than in the West.

Looks like you have never had a boyfriend before.

This.

Feminism is getting more and more based. Hope they win this endeavor.

Troll.

I don't care about anime so whatever

Holla Forums really is just Holla Forums-lite when it comes to neckbeards getting triggered over feminism.

Hello COINTELPRO. Please leave.

Food is literally capitalist and bourgeois. Stop eating.

I'm convinced.

youtube.com/watch?v=x9HNpDQloZ0
This video is a really good response.

It's true though, the anti-feminist rhetoric here is just as bad as Holla Forums.

Do you actually support the kind of feminism expressed in the article?

Did you read the article?

Yawn

Yawn

I have a lot of bait images that I've been eager to use.

Get out of my leftypol

Fuck that. I'm going to be dead before the revolution anyway. Might as well enjoy myself while I can. Indulging in the spectacle is only a problem for people who aren't already fully aware just how horrible capitalism and human society in general is. Leftypol is the wrong place to preach.

They won't do shit, let them waste time with non-issues like animay.

"sexualizing" is a buzzword anyway.

Pic is all the fun i need

You sound like a faggot.

aren't there some fucked up social problems when it comes to women in japan ?

And that has anything do with anime?

Why so much anime hate? Not even a big fan, but surely one can simply consider it a style of art and a medium to be used in subjectively positive or negative ways?

If things have been steadily getting worse, could not the same thing be said about other styles, all relating to capitalism?

If you don't like the style personally is that really a good reason to dismiss it as 'reactionary' simply for the way it has been used? It's like saying the colour blue is reactionary.

you do know where anime comes from right ?

fallacy of composition wew

The anime/idol/otaku industry is a big fucking cancer (especially in Japan).

I wish leftyweebpol was more used.

Same, moe ruined anime.

Thats what appear in the outside of the image
All anime falsify reality and warp concepts in such corrosive way it makes me disgusted
if i had a better English i will spurg 1000 word of critical analysis of it but meh

Read the society of the spectral

I'm repeatedly amazed at the way social "scientists" seem to feel they can read one book about a subject 3rd-hand, or for the more ambitious view one single work from an entire genre, totally ignorant of its cultures, norms, history, influences, or broader context, and then have the audacity to describe themselves as an "expert" in it. When actual scientists, heck, anyone else in a position of responsibility wants to deal with a subject they have a layman's familiarity with at best and total unfamiliarity with at worst, they'll either consult and defer to actual experts, or study the whole breadth of the subject themselves.

Particularly in the lead-up to GG, I got the impression of a rarified city of philosophers debating esoteric subjects, when every once in a while an illiterate hill barbarian suddenly staggers into their academy. The barbarian learns to read, reads one scroll, and autistically makes sweeping statements extrapolated from their naive reading, before stumbling back to the hills. This kind of trolling makes sense for clickbaiters, but I swear every "critical studies" moron fits the same description, and they make a respected career out of it!

Non-weebs realize they're squatting on our site, continuing to exist only because we tolerate them. The tension of submission and inferiority causes them to lash out whenever we assert the fact that they exist at our pleasure, their futile struggles lending us amusement.

Not my comrade.

Retards like you make me ashamed of liking anime.

As sad as I am to have to admit it, this McDonald's ad actually has significantly better production values than most contemporary animes.

Is that the soda man?

ok Socrates

Stirner-chan is cute. CUTE!

It's also only a little over minute long, while most anime TV series are at least 20 minutes of fresh (not including OP, ED recaps and jikai yokoku) animation per episode.

Is Leftypol a den of brocialists and TERFs?

THIS IS WHAT ANIME DOES TO SELF AWARENESS OF PEOPLE

What is the problem?

Brocialist? These days, liking anime makes you a racist xenophobic alt-righter.

What do you mean by "cancer" specifically? Just something you don't like, or possibly 'degenerate'?

Or you mean it's a large industry that exploits workers and consumers, in which case agriculture and medical industries are also "cancer", under capitalism.

Do you have trouble with most forms of art bending reality, or is it just because it warps reality in a wah that you don't like or think is bad for society?

Apples and oranges

when even leftyweebpol has higher quality of discussion regarding this crap lmao

surely you don't deny that there are also small independent anime producers who don't exploit anyone and make good films?

Oh, if only it were even criticism! No, they skip that, and go straight to the pseudoscientific moralizing: "depictions of soggy knees/raycis'/violence turns people into monsters", "everything that isn't explicitly political is implicitly political", "anything that doesn't agree with my opinions is a liek hitler", "art magically brainwashes people who consume it", "ban this regressivesick filth!".

If it were actually "critique", even hilariously incompetent critique, it wouldn't be any more annoying than any other shitpost, and I would feel no more need to complain that I do about shitposts.

This is political opportunism, attentionwhoring, and virtue signaling coyly disguised as free speech.

Goddamn weebs on full defense mode.

I actually like anime but reading these posts makes it feel like a Gamergate thread, with anime instead of video games.

>entire western hobby under siegehostile occupation and extermination
No, this is much worse, they've even started infecting the fanlators. I hope the Olympics threat is exaggerated.

>>entire western hobby
lol what

the thread about reactionary and right wing otaku on weeb Holla Forums was better than this

is it just shitposters or are we actually this full of retards

only buttmad rightwingers or lartpourartists (many of whom would doubtless find anime to be degenerate artform anyway) would deny this

Most people would disagree with that. Go try asking random people on the street if they agree with that statement.

weebniggers cant into aesthetics and think criticism involving politics is some sort recent feminazi invention smh

I was disputing the point that "only buttmad rightwingers or lartpourartists would deny this" you fucking retard who can't follow an argument

*out of the people who have seriously engaged with aesthetics on some level

who cares about the layman

Only Japan remains safe from self-described manga/anime fans who hate anime.

Postmodern critical theory is the most retarded, vacuous, pretentious, masturbatory horseshit imaginable, it's the leftist equivalent of pareidoliac Jesus freaks seeing the face of God in your morning toast. Seriously, if a PoMo sees political meaning in something, but the creator didn't put it there intentionally, and the audience isn't effected by it, what's the worth of pointing it out? This is if-a-tree-falls-in-the-woods-tier conceit. You're walking through the library of culture, ignoring all the books, and reading out of the shredder's wastepaper basket.

Postmodern critical theorists are literally eating out of the trashcan of ideology.

That is a goddamn lie, our anti-feminism and hatred of women are leagues and miles a head

Even with that constraint it's still a claim that's hard to accept without evidence. Have you surveyed every person who has seriously engaged with aesthetics on some level?

is this bait

no, I'm serious, I feel I'm becoming a lunatic here looking at this board right now. is this anfem shitposting, or a genuine idea people have? Is this that dumb "things are feminist if I say they are regardless of their intention" thing again?

Explain to me how the medium of animation in Japan can have any intentions, or appertain to any ideology whatsoever.
It's like saying books are fascist or computers are racist. Jesus. Anime is art, made by individuals working together.

yes, that was my point

who're we even considering as the conception of anime

Egyptian burial chamber murals depicting motion.

Feminism is criticism made by women working together. :~}

no user, I was continuing your joke and going further back in time

Oh, lol.

日本語を習えよ

Found OP.