Interstellar
Forrest Gump
Spotlight
Moonlight
Empire Strikes Back
Titanic
Terminator 2: Judgement Day
Anything by PTA

And to think we were on the same page here…

You either go all in or you don't

Contrarian thread? Contrarian thread.

I agree with you wholeheartedly, brother.
Come, let us embrace.

It's not though.

Back to the Future
Anything by Julia Roberts
Schindler's List

nigga you for real

People praise it like the second coming of scifi all over the place, yes they are retards

You may be right with the rest OP, but the people have spoken and those two got the most people to show up by a landslide, which is even more impressive considering when the former was released. James Cameron completely BTFO though.

You forgot La La Land but that shouldn't be even overrated it's such a piece of shit

Anything by Tarantino

It was alright. It wasn't amazing but it was well worth a watch in my opinion.

BLAM BLAM BLAM

you also forgot anything by Wes Anderson

Click Click Click

Totally agree. Though some of them are still good movies, just overused whenever normalfags talk about movies.

Everything John Carpenter except The Thing.

It's the go-to "best movie ever made" pick for anyone who isn't really into movies and it's boring as shit.

C'mon fucking guy. The people are shit, that's how I feel. I'll smash your fucking head in, that's how I'm real.

Agree. Blade Runner is great, though.

Zero Dark Thirty
The Hurt Locker
and shit about this useless war

True

True

True

Ticket sales are a different beast than gross, as it also shows cultural impact. Almost double the amount of people thought GwtW and SW were worth seeing than any comparable blockbuster. That insane number alone should justify their status.

Star Wars is a great movie to see if you're a boy and about 6-8 years old.

Boring pro-war propaganda masking as a drama.

Apocalypse Now

Ah yes, the good old "contrarian" move. Just shout it at anybody who doesn't like movies you like and win the argument.

any reddit wars movie

Any film that has ever won the academy award for best picture.

I don't think it's an ordered list.

Here's a more accurate list of overrated films:

I'm rite because I have a high enough objectivity to judge things as overrated without any clearly defined point of reference. You know, because any number more than 0, is an amount of people that has clearly judged this movie to lower standards than my superior intellect.

How were you able to post a picture of my face as I smugly wrote down a post showing off how much more cultured and superior I am compared to these plebeians?

In all seriousness, though, any film shown in a positive light by anybody that makes their money on the entertainment industry is a biased positive rating that no movie deserves.

really makes you think.

LotR
All of them.

The Green Mile

How is this overrated? If anything it's just slightly underrated.

For its genre this movie really is great and deserves the praise it gets.

Normalfags.

Star Wars

Shawshank Redemption

Can you explain why you think they are over rated or are you just using Holla Forums as a personal blog and desperately trying to affirm your opinions socially?

This thread is a contrarian thread by literal definition. It's just faggots talking about well-received movies they don't like.

OP should have demanded some explanations for the picks.
Faggots will just bait.

No country for old men is overrated as fuck on any movie forum reddit or cuckchan

The Dark Knight simply fails as a film in every facet and is only considered good to great because of Ledgers performance, everything not with him is a slog to get through and frankly boring. Not to mention Nolan can't direct action scenes.

Bump

Bumped

You can't actually explain why it is overrated can you?

The Thing.

Dredd

people do a lot of dumb shit, in case you hadn't noticed.

btw i agree with pretty much anything in this thread. particularly so about gone with the wind and casablanca.

Considering a movie 'overrated' and liking it or not are two independent things. I actually like many of the movies listed here. I just think people have an overinflated opinion of them.

Dances with wolves.

saying "this is overrated" is inconsequential, either explain why it's not deserving of praise or introduce underrated gems that are better and deserve the appreciation

Only for 4 and 5, 2/6 for people 14 through 22 and 1/3 for anyone 45 and older.

pfft you are missing the obvious first.

1. 2001 a space odyssey
2. Titanic and Dancing with wolves (tie)
3. Dirty dancing (you are too newfags, ill forgive you for this one)
4. Star wars, Blade Runner, Star trek and basically any SF except The Forbidden Planet, Brazil, Zardoz, Barbarella

Cannot bear to rate tier: Superman, Batman, Spiderman, Suicide squids, and any superhero except possibly Capt. Nice which was on TV anyway

Cagata pazzesca tier: Battleship Potemkin Броненосец «Потёмкин»

Which film I will explain why in great detail if you really need it this badly

t. brainlet

Leave Holla Forums. Don't call us, we won't call you

Dirty Dancing is great

>get to Empire Strikes Back

Even hollywood likes admit it was shit now.

Schindler's List
Shawshank Redemption
Django Unchained
The Pianist
Inglourious Basterds
The Green Mile, or most "lol top rated xD" things with Tom Hanks in it, now that I think about it. None of the movies are BAD, they're just harped on and overrated as hell. It's like someone who says they're into literature but can only say that they like Shakespeare and Hemingway.

yep

bump

TOPWEW

1, The Godfather

It's dreck. Watch Sonny's death scene and try to believe that a man can take a 100 shots and still walk out of a car.

name a better single take movie then

I'll wait

Go suck Uwe Böll's cock, faggot.

Go eat dogshit you inbred mongoloid shitlib whore child

FUCKING KILL YOURSELF YOU MOTHERFUCKING TROGLODYTE CUCKOLD BITCH

That's nothing. Portraying a mafia family as moral is the big flaw in Godfather. Other than that it is well made kino.

One of the most boring non-stories ever told

Pulp fiction and Inception too
Titanic may be the most overrated

Breakfast club

Anything by Quention Tarantino

Surprised no one mentioned The Matrix.