Member when South Park was funny?

I member.

I remember 1998 too, OP.

Pepperidge Farm remembers

man, why would you even make this thread. You do know it can only devolve into shitposts. Why bother?

It was a gay ole time.

really makes you think

I stopped watchin' around S10, same as The Simpsons, I have no idea what the show is like now.

Terrible, just like the Simpsons.

yes user, i too remember when i was 16

You mean 2002?
South Park stopped being funny after the first few seasons.

The movie was peak south park, it was all downhill from there.

I remember being in second grade and being amazed that a cartoon was allowed to say words like "shit"

other than that, no

Nah season 6 was pretty fucking great and one of the best seasons. The LOTR episode is possibly my all time favorite. It started getting progressively worse each season after as it became more and more focused on "ripped from the headlines" episodes and less of the boys being boys. By season 9 or 10 it got to the point where nearly episode was based on current events.

I tried the latest season, just looking for something funny.
Didn't make it past the first few minutes. It might as well have been a 22 minute clip of a shit swastika on a bathroom wall.

South Park has become everything they used to mock.
The only funny thing left for them now is to burn the whole thing to the ground. But of course they won't. They will keep dragging that corpse for the shekels and the satisfying delusion of still being edgy.

CHIKKIN AND CAOW?

was a complete abortion of a show

Wasn't there a dolphin that killed itself after its trainer who was also his lover was arrested?

Member when the show wasn't so obviously produced from the perspective of an L.A. millionaire to the point that it broke immersion?

Randy being the crazy guy that fills whatever role the plot needs him to instead of his own character killed the show. Having a character more dynamic and interesting than the boys makes the boys dull by comparison.

Member when South Park Studios mindlessly bought into the hype that Hillary would win in a landslide, then mindlessly bought into the hype that Trump is an unhinged crazy person? Even though he beat his rival at half the cost? That's the real moment South Park died. The show pretends its so cool and above it all but when things get real it becomes another lefty therapy session like all of late-night TV. I'm a lefty and I'm sick of it. You can't have a show about talking poo and kids dying and then claim the moral high ground.

That episode was a fucking mess. 4 plot threads and maybe one joke with the rednecks being replacement Alexas. Like Matt & Trey have room to argue about being competitive in the job market, they made a cartoon for 20 years while the rednecks they make fun of would be harvesting crops and driving the food to their grocery store.

Which each passing year Matt & Trey are less and less in touch with their rural roots.
They've lived in California for around 19 years now, they can't seriously expect anybody to think they haven't become culturally Californian.

what the fuck?

Yea when I was 12

If you look closer you start to see that the positions he has taken on the show ever since leaving his wife for a libtard stripper aren't his own, but his wife's. He a pussy whipped cuckold. She like Obama so they shill for him. She dislikes Caitlyn Jenner so they ridicule him. She dislikes Trump so they attack him. etc.