The heroes diversity

So I know you guys hate how comics keep adding all this dumb shit like turning old heroes into black kids or women suddenly and forcing it down our throats.

but what happened to the actual black super comic chracters?

Its like these 3 characters just disappeared off the face of comics.

Spawn still getting published to this day. The reason why it doesn't branch out to other media and its limited only to comics is because his creator is so greedy and picks up lawsuits with everyone and anyone who worked with him. I bet MacFarlane must be a real ass to work with. I keep seeing Netherrealm hinting they will put Spawn as a guest character in their games, but they actually never go through with it.
I actually find ironic that in a more general sense the characters that were the most obvious stand for minorities and left-wing values like the X-Men were being pushed to the background and literally every single heroic character in Marvel is a political mouthpiece for the same political affiliation: far-left Maoist/Stalinist pro-antifa, pro-Islam, pro-ISIS, pro-feminism, pro-LGBTQP, pro-fat acceptance, pro-open borders and oppose anything considered right-winged.

Static was never actually popular, but we're gonna start seeing more of him. The people that grew up watching the DCAU show are getting into creative positions, which is why he appeared in Young Justice. We might get lucky and see a lot of him.

Really? Almost every black guy I know and half of them are not nerds always bring up static if super heroes come into the conversation I mean these guys only thought green lantern was a black guy because of JL

Last I checked, aside from 'Nam flashbacks, Barracuda's fucking dead.

Funny thing, DC's been very silent about the progress of a supposed Milestone revival as an OGN line for a while now since announcing it was in the works a few years back.

The cartoon, Static Shock, was actually pretty damned good.

Spawn has been done, and douchebags panned the movie. It had a cartoon but whatever.

Blade had a good run. Two solid movies, a decent 3rd, a tv series(never saw it).

Of these, only Static could be used and included in the respective movie verses. Blade just….couldn't. One of the dumbest things of Marvel was too much shit going on, too many ancient conspiracies that never fought each other…

I don't think Dr. Light (Kimiyo) has ever actually been a lead character in anything. She just shows up as a team member. Even Red Tornado got a mini and episodes focusing on him in cartoons.

On one hand, I'd be glad to see Static pushed more. One the other hand, I don't think many writers now could do him justice instead of turning him into every other minority hero who bitches about white people.

Monica Rambeau is also pretty much forgotten. Last time she was in anything significant was NEXT WAVE. Storm and Misty Knight just became third tier supporting characters.

There was a plan to make a series focusing on his daughter and her having the "Blade tittle," but luckily plans for that fell apart. Amusingly enough, SJWs complaining that no black person is working on the book were instrumental in the process.

Blade also had cameos in Luke Cage and Defenders books. Both times it was completely out of character, with Blade running errands off-panel for Luke Cage (who is apparently the master of all black people in Marvel universe). Bendis can go fuck himself.
It would be far better if Marvel just would not touch Blade at all at this point.

Last I heard of Monica she was in the Ultimates with Carol Danvers.

Not the user you were talking to, but neither of these two statements really contradict one another. Marvel majorly shafted the Ultimates from the very beginning.

Didn't Marvel retcon that Dracula became a vampire after catching techno-organic AIDS from fighting Apocalypse? That could be a hook. Also Dracula romancing Storm. And Jubilee becoming a vampire.

I don't know. Marvel has been trying to prop them up as second to the Avengers. As well developing some of the bigger ideas in Marvel post Secret Wars. And since the team is basically all women and peeoohsees it's been given more chances to succeed then a normal book would.

I dunno, they put Rocafort on art and let Ewing basically rewrite Marvel Cosmic at will. Captain Marvel and "America" are in the book, so doesn't that automatically mean that Marvel's behind it? Still, of course sales were terrible. But really it was a surprisingly good book.

If you follow McFarlane online, you know that he keeps talking about a second Spawn movie, has convinced all normies that it's about to happen really soon, but leaves out the stipulation that he will insist on writing AND directing it, that Spawn as we know him won't actually be in it, and there's no actual deal with any studio. He literally just posts things like "Working on the OFFICIAL Spawn II movie script" and gets hundreds of thousands of casuals on Facebook to share his posts and be like "oh shit I loved Spawn! they gonna do a Marvel movie of it next yeah!"

Imagine his '90s comic sold a third what it did.
Okay, now imagine that there was just a whisper about him getting a cartoon on a major network.

That right there is more cultural relevance than Kamala Khan and any other diversity creation of the last five years.

C'mon user.. They wouldn't be that crazy…

Makes you wonder why they don't actually go through with making an animation centering on the diversity creations.
Static was never terribly popular to begin in the comics yet the only reason anyone cares about him was because of his tv show.

You need to go back.

Not really. Having to eventually tie into Civil War 2 had the added burden of trying to do damage control for both Bendis' shit writing and Carol Danvers. Rocafort's gone when the series is renumbered and retitled. And letting Ewing do what he wants with Marvel Cosmic doesn't seem to be inconsistent with what every other writer is doing with their books.

In any case, didn't Ewing's Ultimates end two weeks ago with a $5 double sized #100 issue that sorta featured the original Ultimates?

Everytime a Muslim goes on a rampage spree or decides to rape someone, guess which wing takes their side and tries to justify their acts? Also the rebels they support in the Syria Civil War are just like ISIS.

The thing about Marvel minority characters is that they don't have a lot of weight to build their own mythos. They don't have their own rogues galleries, only their predecessors. Static has his own mythos to build on, he fights against other metahumans from the gas explosion that granted him his electric powers.
Who the fuck does Kamala Khan fights against? Donald Trump as MODOK?

I think minority heroes would probably have better luck on the indie scene where they're more allowed to set up themselves. The problem there is that alot of indie minority hero creators do the 'I'm making them for diversity sakes' which usually gives us a black not-superman or not-spiderman.

Well if they were not so busy making the same movies over an over It would have been interesting to see a storm movie with the shadow king and Xavier. It would have been a better way to introduce the black panther as well.

Days of future past missed an opportunity with Bishop if they really cared about diversity vs wolverine money.

I meant to say that his comic was never even close to popular, but his show (which I still would call popular) was a solid hit that was well received all around. The show made him big enough to be thought about and noticeable, but he wasn't a popularity bomb like other heroes. I don't remember seeing any Static swag as a kid

So would that be what happened to Milestone comics?

People mention BlankMan and MeteorMan, but what happened with ==Up Up and Away==? it got memory holled?

WE

Last time i read Baracuda, he got btfo by fucking EMINEM

There was going to be a Milestone Revival but I heard disagreements killed that. Last I heard was someone leaving because all the new people wanted to write movie-bait comics instead of anything good.

Forgotten when Sky High came out then that was forgotten

Shouldn't you be in school yet summer?

Gentlemen! I give you… Ghettoman.

What in God's name?

I went and watched that just now because of your comment, and I'd never seen it before. That movie was delightful and refreshing like gelatto on a hot summer day.

How was John Stewart different in the Justice League cartoon compared to the comic?

I don't think they ever brought up that he was an architect in the cartoon. I'm not sure he still is in the comics either.

Wow I never knew that. I just thought he was a marine and that was it.

I agree with the others but those two are a-list user

All his lantern constructs looked like tech drawings because of it.

You propably will like the current capeverse from nick sitcoms, HenryDanger/TheThundhermans.
Max gf is the princess from Zoom

This was one of the best things about the Lanterns that slowly fell to the side. Each of the human Lanterns were supposed to have a distinct style and mentality when approaching the use of their powers.

It's funny. When I was a kid reading my dad's Green Lantern comics, I was very aware of John as an architect and intellectual, and had no idea he had been a marine as well. I guess I mostly remember his characterization in Mosaic.

And now them all summon giant fists

I think the marine thing was first added in the cartoon. I struggle to remember any mention of his military background before then.

I prefer his architect background, TBH. As a marine, he was kind of generic at times.

And Kyle was the cartoonist, so he'd come up with a giant head that drinks the ocean, or a flock of winged monkeys.

Kyle did a lot of powered armor and mecha stuff, and sexy girls.

Is Vixen worth anything?

Explain

He is an artist, after all.

He fucking created Gurren from Gurren Lagann another time

Did someone say Kyle?

yfw no one mentions the supervillian, Yakub.

they's some tricknology up in this thread fo show

Fucking
This

This too, but if the industry wasn't rum by cucks they could do so much more with him. Manta is basically a black nationalist, and as a villain he could be a great critique of modern leftism in general.

D&C newfag detected

Nice try Reddit.

You're trying too hard to fit in.

Uh… what?
I never said yfw.

Likewise

What?