Who's looking forward to the adaption?

Who's looking forward to the adaption?

After reading his poems, ==NO==!

These readings are my first exposure to Ernest Cline. This movie could potentially end up hilarious.

Alright, after reading a plot summary of the book I'd like to retract that statement.

Reminder the movie will not only be a 80 minute advertisement but it's also based on poorly written book full non-stop cringe

It's going to make bank.

Not me it looks like a shit fucking book

Speilberg is a meme at this point

guaranteed will contain nwo predictive programming

The book already does. It's about a world struck with famine and disease but no one cares because they have their little escapist toys to distract them. Pretty sure the government even provides them.

We're sorry, Gadaffi ;_;

Is Gaddafi the one person both Holla Forums and Holla Forums can agree they like in equal measure?

He's too white for Holla Forums to like him.

But isn't he an arab or berber or something?

Incorrect, friendo. We can objectively appreciate what he did in and for his country, and his death is direct proof that it takes a leader like him to keep kebabs and dindus in line.

This guy is like a functioning lolcow. He butchered a delorean with a bunch of Star Wars and Ghostbusters shit and called it the 'Ecto-88' and drives it everywhere. His whole life is based on referencing old now defunct sci-fi franchises.

sticking shit onto shit is hardly butchering user

I'm not a car guy, I assumed it was similar to that brony that repainted his grandfather's WWII rifle. I thought they were rare or at least in demand.

Either way, if you are gonna drive a meme car and look like an absolute clown, at least do it properly like /ourguy/ Rupert.

Jesus this man is reddit personified.

I would love to see his face when somebody tells him what 88 is also a reference to aside from Back to the Future.

the memes write themselves

Its going to be a fucking shit show. I am interested in seeing how they are going to incorporate the main characters best friends story into the mix seeing as how its so much in touch with the alt lefts ideas.

There are two more.

I remember there is a video of some girl streaming a video game and reading his cringy poems at the same time. Trying to find it.

I bet he got bullied a lot in high school.

More like not enough. I guarantee any instance of "bullying" this guy received was actually retaliation against his insufferable attitude.

I've never seen a guy so 80's that it becomes too pathetic to look at him personally. I bet he likes Stranger Things. Also, does it look like he photoshopped himself next to G.R.R. Martin in the third pic? He looks so out of place with that expression.

social ineptitude + autistic consumerism is always pathetic. the fact that it's 80's themed makes no difference.

source: any current year fandom ever.

Nice

When this come out should we have a thread detailing how bad this movie is?

Hands down one of the worst books I've ever read.

the future of pop culture references today

Can we just end capitalism already? These corporate marxists makes me want to puke.

Don't worry, you'll see thread after thread on here either about how awful it is or shitposters talking about how kino it is.

It's fucking terrible isn't it.

The DeLorean is only famous because it was in Back to the Future. That's literally the only reason.
It was a massive failure and the company that made them went bust only a few years later.

spielberg's last few films did relatively okay, nothing great, and bfg flopped. he's over. the only way this will make any sort of profit is purely through nostalgiabucks and/or crazy visuals.

rupert can do no wrong imo

Not me. There's no way they can do it justice.

what boggles my mind is that this setting sounds perfect for a moral about the dangers of being overly obsessed with media/pop culture. but it doesn't have it.

I know, I read it, which is why I posted that.

Nope, it instead celebrates pop culture. The writer is so retarded he doesn't even realize he was celebrating dystopia.

This is almost like something you could find in MDE's book except it's not written in jest.

i think the movie coming will help boost Vr sales in the appreciation found for what the oasis is, and i hope people try to achieve the Oasis.

i just want vr tech to really take off and i'm hedging a fair few bets on this adaption. if i get another Eragon incident i'm going to fucking neck myself

God, Holla Forumstards are so pathetic. smdh.

Is Ezra Klein a fake geek guy or is he really this living stereotype whose whole life revolves around 80's nostalgia?

So? Its got the cool factor, that's what matters.

Literally the first thing I thought. It's basically HTB but unironic.

Kek

I am grounddogging it

I’d watch a movie about these outlaw hackers. Looks amazing