Mountain Blade

Have you been contemplating and announcing the love of God today, user?

Other urls found in this thread:

notebookcheck.net/Acer-Aspire-5535.17769.0.html
youtube.com/watch?v=Ezl2yg6i-Jg
taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/15
mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Skills
pastebin.com/agwZu9Df
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Wanted all nord and vaegir territory but nords are unstopabble and also my friends
Ended up having huge chunks of territory i didnt want and just quit after 1400 days
Fun but very repetitive, lack of some control in your lords even when in the end i just picked honorable ones that were left after everyone left the realm
It also feels barebones and the combat physics are not good

Can't wait for Bannerlord thou because even after all the complains this was a very intriguing experience

I've been playing ACOK 2.1

I didn't know what quests to do to get the events to pop up so I think I'll do some research and start again, this time help the wilding faction spawn then carving a powerbase kingdom out of them to further my goals.

I'll roleplay the penniless, last descendant of House Casterly returning from Essos as a mercenary to take over Casterly Rock for his family again.

The banner of the black lion against a gold field shall fly rightfully again!

Game also has pretty good multiplayer worth checking out. Medieval stuff is fun and if you're feeling really autistic the line battle stuff is pretty charming.

What mods are you currently playing, anons ?
I'm playing the Viking Conquest DLC and to my great surprise it is actually very fun now.
At launch though it was a disgusting piece of shit that was somehow less worth playing than the free mod it's based off.

I'm playing a bit of Genkoju(?) but it's just Vanilla+diplomacy with a japanese skin.

>try importing it to the other PC which is to another account mind you and by importing I mean plain copy and paste
It really IS a glorified paid mod

Shit forgot to add, it's called gekokujo and getting money in VC is actually a problem now, also does dogs do anything? I got one and it ate all 120 pieces of sausage I gave it

Sage for double-post

More like you die riding dicks amirite?

I WILL DRINK FROM YOUR SKULL

So i now have 3 days until i'm listed as a deserter from Harlus's army, but is that even a bad thing? Swadia is dead and Harlus is gone. Should i just take my gear and run?

I've never seen a faction die so fast in M&B before.

Form your own kingdom from Swadia's ashes.

Take back what belongs to you.

BANNERLORD WHEN

Well fuck my games goal is decided.

Originally i wanted to be the loyal right hand man of a ruler and help him rule everything, but then my lord got blown the fuck out. Time to bide my time obtaining power and renown, then take revenge on the Nords and Rhodoks. Gonna sign on with the Ruskies until then.

Also the penalty for deserting an army that no longer exists was pretty bad, went down to -15 honor in one shot.

Now where did i put that webm of Harlaus swimming in butter

In this linebattle with ~130 players, it came down to monkey in the middle with 2 arty pieces and 1 infantryman.

The 1 guy won

Replay plox

Dude, he throws the best feasts.

If you don't give a shit about him taking all your painstakingly conquered settlements then alright

Floris is bloatware. All you need is diplomacy and the mercenaries mod.

Jokes on you. Swadia died so fast there was no land to take. But if it had survived i bet he would have given me Khudan or something.

Really? Theres a lot of extra shit in this i like.

Explain how Floris is bloatware.

The mod is 1GB, yet diplomacy and the mercenaries mod barely come to 50mb combined that makes up most of the useful features included in the mod. The rest are poorly balanced or gimmicky.

Oh yeah i forgot to mention they still died

Can't argue with that. That's why i gotta kill every other kingdom now.

At least i ended up with free top tier gear as an ex swadian knight.

anyone here plays viking conquest? what mods should i get? anything that makes it harder is welcome

That happens because all the lords are busy bickering with each other. The bad lords tend to be moved around a lot and drag the kingdom they're in down by refusing to campaign and running around doing their own thing. They also tend to have little or no land and that makes them annoyed at the king.

Completely unrelated to my previous post, but is there any way of getting past that mid-game limbo in singleplayer? I'm too strong for people to challenge me, too slow (even with nothing but cav) to catch them, but not strong enough to take some land and strike out on my own. Any ideas?

Get the other people in your faction to get into the fights then swoop in as reinforcements.

It's often the situation that the kingdom I'm with never declares war on anyone, and as a result I have to fall back to just raping the Khergits. It's hard to support an army of 70+ knights' morale without villages to pillage.

>I don't have a computer powerful enough to run M&B Or Quake 3 over 30 FPS to join them once again

I don't know how to feel.

I don't remember how many different groups I've played with at this point.

Calradia Chicken
Start with a whole chicken.
Clean the chicken.
Put the chicken in a pot.
Add ale and spices.
Rub butter right on the chicken.
Cut up cabbage and place it on top.
Cover and start cooking.
Play Mount & Blade for about a hour and a half while it cooks.
Join a feast or enter a tavern.
Eat chicken with your hands, along with fruit, bread, cheese, and olives.
Drink wine and ale' from a skull.

Did you actually fucking cook that, user?

So you are playing on something worse than a toaster? How is tht even possible?

Yes, and I've also done spicy khergit pork in the past.

What's next, Potage le Magnifique from fucking Skryim?

I don't play Skyrim.

This: notebookcheck.net/Acer-Aspire-5535.17769.0.html
with Xubuntu.

I have no idea how this thing decides how it will work, Quake 3 Open Arena with no bots runs at a smooth 60, the second you add bots, 8 FPS.

That sounds fucking tasty.

THESE EYE HAVE SEEN NOTHING BUT DEATH AND SUFFERING

I play M&B on a toaster. Just get used to shitty graphics settings. Also, buy gel freeze packs. Wrap one in a napkin and place your laptop right on top. M&B runs smooth as long as it's on ice. Once it gets too hot, it gets too choppy to play.

I'm going to consider cooking this…

Never trust the Butter King.

I've ate a chicken cooked with some kinda alcohol before, it tasted like shit. Wonder how it'll go with ales

Oh that's the webm i was looking for

This takes me back to when i was a retard, i once shove my laptop into the fridge for overheating so much

There's a few methods to make chicken not taste like shit with alcohol.

First is by steaming it with liquor (usually strong stuff like rice liquor or moonshine) and ginger. Shit tastes really good.

Second is by cooking it into a beer/ale based stew. Make sure to have hearty veges to go with it.

Third is to make fried chicken marinade with citrus based liquor (citrin liquor comes to mind) before powdering and breading it.

Eh i doubt chicken cooked with alcohol tastes like shit, i'm sure the cook were just shit at that time, or the alcohol they used.

I actually looked for this video
It contains no carpet snaek

I was mildly disappointed

Cooking chicken in beer is a pretty common thing. Use use about a bottle of ale, then add chicken stock if you think you need more liquid. The cabbage soaks up the sweetness of the ale. It's actually really nice.

Also, I didn't do it, but you really should sear the chicken before you put it in the pot. It will come out better.

I tried to avoid ingredients that aren't available in the game, but sauteed onions are a good idea, too.

The gel packs are pretty safe. Use plastic ones, they barely sweat at all. All they do is make your laptop cold.

10/10

The date makes it tbh.

should i invest? seems like a shitty way of gaining money since it only pays you at weekends and having a mostly mediocre turn rate

Yeah, but only if you're planning for the long term.

Does shit EVER go right for Swadia?
Every single playthrough now I just wreck Swadia first thing because it's just so fucking easy.
Also is there any mod that changes the game drastically? Like Gekokujo for example.

Where my fellow sarranids at?

Dead.

I'm just waiting for Bannerlord. although I haven't checked to see if any mods have gotten updates since PoP

terrifying, never again

Can you free yourself?

Suvarnnabhumi Mahayuth or so i told, i haven't touched it tbh

no, I think I only had a "goodbye" option

Non of the M&B games require any installation whatsoever and the module folder (where mods go) has the base game files too, in a way, you have a base frame with a mod on top even with the original files.

I played a supposed bastard of Lord Roger Reyne and spent half the game hunting Lannisters. Got dull after a while, though, because the AI fucked itself into a stalemate. Is there any way to circumvent it apart from cheating myself a huge ass army and just conquering everything myself?

You're right
But what's strange is that there is no product verification code for it
Napoleonic Wars have those, yet why does VC doesn't? Is it because NW is a standalone expac rather than DLC?

What's a good mod to play? I've played vanilla a lot and I want something. doesn't have to be full total conversion or anything, vanilla but better would suffice.

Floris is vanilla but better.

You haven't experienced the greatest m&b mod if you haven't.

All you need are Swadian Knights for open field battles, and Rhodok crossbows for siege.

I've got kind of an odd request, are there any mods that change the game into a castlevania setting, or at least add whip weapons and horror elements?

floris is outdated though
just get diplomacy and some other shit

Heh, do people still play that? I remember having some fun times

That usually how it always happens.

That south-eastern asia one which name I forgot
Nova Aetas (fucking european knights against aztecs)
Last Days of the Third Age
PoP
The Warhammer one
Phantasy

Prince of Persia?

Prophesy of Pendor

I've been playing Warband for some months now.
Any mod out there that gives me the same Vanilla experience except with just more quests and things to do?
At the very least, something that doesn't go too far from the vanilla experience, but rather enhances it

diplomacy and/or floris

I wonder what should I say

sp00ky

you know what i wanna see?
a singleplayer overhaul set in africa during shaka zulu's time
or

Prophesy of Pendor is a motherfucker mang

I just want to be a humble trader shit-slapping Mystmountain raiders and doing shit for Raverstern and just keep getting shitwaves of 600man unique spawns obliterating lords left and right.

At least North And South is still somewhat populated online.

Kek

Where are their cavalry's at?
Swadianfags always clamor about
Yet they usually get swarmed and get poked to death

Maybe it's a double you made yourself (off-screen) so they can THINK you escaped, but infact you haven't

I find Vaegir master archers more effective

Have fun running out of ammunition

Dogs are invincible companions that get better at combat the more food you feed it, different food upgrades different stats.

They used to die permanently but that got changed. It's probably better this way considering how much food the fucker eats.

5/10
you tried

That would be pretty fucking choice.
There is a Zulu vs Redcoats mod out there, but IIRC it's multiplayer only.

I wanna conquer niggers in weird colourful outfits, with weird customs and shit with my roman-style Zulu tactics.

what mod?
that horse armor looks so sweet

idk how to play M&B, what's the point of the game? Am I always supposed to become king? Do I write an history and try to follow it? The game not having a plot makes me wonder what to do.

The Skyrim audience everyone
Why don't you try Fallout 4, I'm sure the epic story will engage you.

but plz tell me how to play it

It's a Role Playing game, a real one
Pick a role you think would be fun and play that role
Want to be a Merchant? Jew the shit out of everyone
Want to be a minor lord? Just get one castle and never ask for more
Want to be the Arena champion? Spend all day going from city to city winning tournaments

You don't need to LARP to play these roles unlike certain other games I could mention.

You just play it you mong. Create a goal and try to do it.
is right.

What are some good mods that keep a vanillaish feel?
I played Floris and it was cool but the 1000+ bandit bands kind of ruined it so i moved on.
I played a few other mods but they had major problems that prevented any fun to be had.
Played:

Perisno perhaps? It does have large spawns though, but not very often.

If only the fugitive quest wasn't broken

Looked it up and it's a total conversion mod with fantasy. Anything vanilla like?

Checking those right now. Thanks pal

I feel the same. I don't ask for it to be vanillaish, I just don't want the graphics to be all dark and muddy and the battlefields boggy and depressing like in Floris.

These are gold

When someone tries to overhaul everything it always breaks something that ruins the experience. Every overhaul i've played will either have enormously long times to progress at all or give you a bunch of shit at the very beginning, it can also be affected by map size which is why i hate it when someone makes a huge map and acts like it's a feature or improvement.

never again 16th century. never again

I don't even know why someone recommended me this thing, the map is unreasonably huge, boring, the are a lot of language problems and Maya cities have horses, muskets and plate armour for sale but apparently it didn't' occur to them to use it

I can see why you'd prefer something more like Vanilla. Perhaps I'll give those mods the other user posted a shot.

Never fucking works out man

youtube.com/watch?v=Ezl2yg6i-Jg

Bannerlord when

POST YFW BANNERLORD NEVER EVER

Is there a mod that improves the ability to sneak into hostile/besieged settlements? Like sneaking in, sabotaging shit, murdering people, opening the gates, not just rescuing lords?

Nigger please

I see it as more of a medieval schmoozing sim. Whether you're a lord or a merchant, you get ahead by making friends.

>Delivered couched lance damage
This game is too easy

Boner Load soon, hopefully.

Install mods and actually crank up the ingame difficulty you filthy 1/5th damage nigger.

Which mods

Floris is nice.

Have fun with your shit DPM

Yeah, no kidding
A single item of sausage can feed a dozen men for days
This fucker? It eats it all in one go and it's still not enough for it

DISINFO
IGNORE THIS FAGGOT

I bet you had the difficulty down to 20% you triple nigger

taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/15

New blog

Not gonna lie, I’m surprised.
It's just a summary of that, kinda old at this point, presentation though, no new info really.

Who is this fluid druid?

pretty much what i want if it was a singleplayer campaign

fuck me i need to get a new toaster for this, it's the only thing that's gonna keep me alive

So I'm relatively newbie-ish, just started in Swadia and built up a force by shredding looters/deserters/other assorted dindu faggots. Eventually became a merc for Swadia and started raiding the Kerghit faggots. Fought in a bunch of battles, looted some towns, saved the asses of several lords by interfering it battles (some of them are at 20 rep now) and even took a castle.

Then I tried to come to the defense of Dhirim and got my shit pushed in. Got released, immediately got attacked while solo 26 to 1 by some faggot lord still mad that I rekt him and rekt him again. Then I got attacked by a group of 24 Swadian Seeker bandits and decided to recruit them instead; this for some reason is a dishonoraburr thing to do and reset my renown to 0.

So uh, any tips on where to go from here? I've been putting points into pathfinding and spotting while raising a companion with surgeon and wound treatment. Currently have a fuckton of food and a decent amount of money but not much else at level 10, 38 days in.

for what reason?
did you get trainer/leadership/prisoner management/foraging? those are the most important for me
not sure if any of those was from mods though

party member has it
yes
yes
why the fuck would I need to forage, I have like 5000 pounds of butter and grain

I am the butter king

Someone recommended me PoP in one of those threads and I'm loving it. I've got a city, two villages, two castles, making 13000-18000 a week and with over 300000 in my pockets. Also have the ruby rune greatsword, and reinforced lion plate armor. Also fuck that faggot King Harlaus Ulric for not giving me the town I sieged.

I need some advice with building my character and companions though. I'm level 30, have over 20 strenght and agility while other atts are between 10-20. I've got 7 points in ironflesh, power strike, power draw, riding and horse archery. Also 7 points in leadership (from my background choices) and 5 in surgery (trying to get that (+4) bonus).

Most of the party skills are assigned to one companion - Ansen. He's got almost 30 int, 9 surgery, 9 pathfinding, 8 first aid and healing wounds. I'm also thinking about giving him engineer because it takes forever to level Fredrick.

I also have a designated looting companion and a designated trade companion.

What should I do for other companions? Spread some of the party skills to them, or just make them into killing machines/future vassal material?
And what for my character? Should I just keep going into strength and agility, or focus some more on int and charisma?

pic unrelated

Now im waiting to declare war on the papal states and take back rome.
Kingdom of sicily is on the left and latin empire is on the right both former areas circled in blue My starting village has a red arrow points towards it, i also own Constantinople.

There was your first mistake.

The thing about trainer is, it stacks.
level it up on EVERYONE

What the fuck are you talking about?

Thank god for shit AI

WHAT
Bullshit
Surely you must be jesting

"At midnight of each day, a hero with the Trainer skill adds experience to every other party member of a lower level than himself. This includes the Player and normal soldiers (as appropriate for their Character Sheet level, not tier). Higher ranks in Training add more experience to each eligible party member. If multiple party members have the skill and are higher level, the effects stack for each eligible party member."

mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Skills

Those looters seem to be taking lots of punishment.

Even after all my years of playing I never knew this.

I have Dhirim and Senzgouda castle, as well as Hawaha. What do? Nords are scary, but the King doesn't want to go to war with them.
I am also filthy rich (+10.000 a week) and have around 100 Rhodok seargents and top level crossbowmen.

Its your shadow clone from the superior nippon martial arts school of ninjutsu

One ezpz bug you can exploit is to siege a castle right after another another non hostile nation takes it and then ask it for yourself.

it took me 3 years to discover couched lance damage

How do I git gud ?
I've played it a lot but I usually just end up having a 100 men army and I start losing money and ultimately fail.
It's especially true in Viking Conquest where the boat fees are astounding.
What's your secret, Holla Forums ?
pls don't be trade

Buy interprises. Usually dyeworks since it gives you an extra 500 or so income. Get it in almost every city to make mad money

Those faggots raiding my village won't be so smug anymore.

What I want to know is - can I raise new lords?

You're able to do that in nova aetas.

Holy fuck, a lot of shit happened.
Remember that our king didn't want to go to war? Well, he did right after I loaded up the game again.
The Swardians delcared on the Nords too, and surprisingly they managed to take Praven. We captures Suno and Tihr. Sadly the AI is so retarded in this game that all the other Rhodok Lords didn't even fucking care about continueing the war anymore. I was stuck defending Dhirim all a-fucking-lone against the enitre Nord army, with barely 150 men left. The Nords had some extra lords too, because a lot of Sarraniggs and /mlp/-gits decided to join them for some reason.
I swear I was fighting battles against "Jarls" with all khergit armies and no sense for right or wrong.
After I lost Dhirim I still had about 100.000 gold left, so I set out to get some recruits, because the Norsd had left only around 30 men as a garrison.
As soon as I left the city our god forsaken king accepts peace. HE WAS STANDING NOT EVEN A SECOND OF WALKING WITH SPEED 7. FAR AWAY FROM ME. HE WAS ABLE TO SEE THE PUNY GARRISON, WE HAD NOT LOST A SINGLE FUCKING BATTLE SO FAR.
I feel cucked now. Just bought a brewery in Dhirim too. Fuck the Nords, and Fuck the Rhodoks. I Swardian now.
Pic related. Me after taking Suno. Our King was too bussy with his feasts everytime we took Tihr (It switched sides around 3-4 times in the war). I would rather start my own empire now, but Senzgouda and Hawaha are not going to be enough, so I will defect to the Swardians next time I load up the game.

mfw I lost hundreds of good men for nothing

You should've gone with 20 good men.

Not even the power of a dozen goodmen can stop a rampaging womyn.

invest in farmland, assuming that you're not playing vanilla
currently i have 32 acres of land in praven which give me about 4k gold every two weeks
only downside is that i made the mistake of setting up my enterprise in the butterlord's land, and as you know, by now the rhodoks and nords took over everything
fucking harlaus, i tried really hard to save his fucking kingdom but that fat bastard wants to lose it

I have my theory that Harlaus is actually a double agent.

yea i think i'll restart my playthrough as rhodoks and just conquer swadia on my own, since by now everyone except mlpghits and kebabs hate me

It's what happens when you attempt to roleplay in a video game that doesn't have the systems to support that sort of roleplaying.

Imagine trying to roleplay a Hippie in Call of Duty, or roleplaying as anything other than an Adventurer in Skyrim.

For example, I'm going to compare attempting to roleplay a bard in Skyrim and Elona.

In Elona, you can actually play instruments, which will actually earn you gold which you can spend on booze to get drunk on and actually seduce people with.

In Skyrim, you pretend to play an instrument by standing still doing nothing, then you console command yourself some gold to buy some booze which won't even get you drunk or allow you to seduce anyone. The only way to roleplay in Skyrim is to make up so many rules to limit yourself that you might as well just save yourself $100 and start LARPing for real.

NEVER AGAIN SHALL YOU HARASS MY PEASANTS!!

they better make random lords show up after a while to balance things out
don't want to be alone on the map after i kill all the nobles for being royal cunts

Like their children or relative shows up.

or just a random peasant gets rewarded with nobility for his actions lol, as if

I wonder if execution extends to court ladies too.

If I'm at war with a nation, can I conquer a castle with the king's family hiding inside and then slaughter them all and mount their heads over the front gates?

The garrison of Dhirim was ~100 men, most of which were max level Rhodoks.
I also went through recruits like an chainsaw through wood in the battles before the great siege.
I would say that I lost around 200-250 hard working rhodoks in the war. All of that blood just to lose Dhirim and get Tihr and Suno to some other counts.
My hate grows with passion.
to avenge their death I must betray their fatherland. Feels bad man, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

i wish there was some kind of fear stat for your character/faction
and the ability to put spikes of corpses wherever you win a battle, that intimidates the enemy AI or just lowers their morale during combat

Hail victory my friend

If only mountain blade mods weren't shit

I was a few hours into that too. fuck this

also anywhere to get it besides that one place? I dont feel like making an account

swadia currently has one castle, west of praven, with 6 lords garrisoned in there
do they still have a chance to make swadia great again?
most of their initial lands are conquered by nords, and some by rhodoks

use 10minmail to create an acc or download anons version from here pastebin.com/agwZu9Df

every fucking time

just join swadia then
if you don't lose a war within a year, your money back guaranteed

I'm playing PoP though
I thought Sarleon would be Swadia 2.0 and get conquered by every other kingdom within a year, but it's actually one of the strongest right now, and has been getting even stronger lately because all our enemies do is throw themselves on my sword

Similar experience but on the other side of the coin
A little tough doing this since no one is joining me but i'll manage somehow

This
Being a rebel / independant warlord is really hard in these games

What am I doing wrong here? Or is Floris harder than Vanilla

how? they're literally just as weak as recruits
did you mean forest/mountain bandits?

Not hard, you just need knowledge of the mechanics.

Win some castles by yourself and demand them for yourself. After the first few castles the Lord of your kingdom will start denying them to you at which point you get the option to rebel.

You did raise your right rule? Right?

Get a horse, a long reaching weapon and train your skills in arena

I think I found a way though
the only bad thing about this is the rapid controversy gain

I know that, but I'm not yet ready to rebel. My faction is too strong and I would be wiped out, which is why I'm currently trying to get my faction to lose their fiefs, so that I can siege them later myself and get them, while everyone else will be weak.

directional combat is so boring

are there any mods that make combat good and restore my faith in bannerlord actually having fun quests and good combat?

have you considered RISING THE DIFFICULTY LEVEL YOU DIRTY CASUAL

no shit im on the highest difficulty, vanilla.

The game also has internal politics for factions m8.
Just make sure you are friendly with every honorable lord in every faction and then when you rebel they will join you and bring their territory with them.

looking at the PC gamer footage now for bannerlord, expectations are bottoming out. This is looking really like the same game but with more pitiful content and the same shit combat.

Yeah right you lying shitter

either you're lying, or are very high level and in great gear, and the game does indeed become piss easy at high level.

oh but wait, the gwaficks.

it looks like a 2007 game now, amazing

Why are you replying to yourself you lying shitter?

are you niggers forgetting the
BOARD GAMES
LADDERS
SIEGE WEAPONS
unless they removed those

nope, they're still in

so someone who reads my post can see the reply where I add to my original point

do you have trouble understanding this

How about you learn how to think out your posts instead of hitting "new reply" the second some retarded idea comes to your head.

No one cares that you don't like M&B, and if you're gonna shitpost, at least use sage you flying faggot.

Quick summary of what happened so far:
Swardians suck, abandoning the sinking ship they are while I still can.
Sarraniggs are a no go, vaegirs are a nogo, kherghits are a nogo.
Nords are pieces of shit and rhodoks cucked me out of my city.
I have nowhere to go. Imma bandit now. Fuck everything.

keep crying like a bitch then, it's hilarious how emotional you get over a bit of criticism and fail to address any of it

On a scale of 100% to 110% how bullshit is the whole "every lord has their own personality traits and they fight according to those traits"?

Because I've heard this same song and dance before and I refuse to believe turks can pull it off.

You think the combat is shit. I don't. It's as simple as that. It's an opinion, and you're an incredibly poor attempt to troll, shitpost or whatever the fuck.

I'm stating objective aspects about it that ultimately hurt the combat. You can enjoy shit combat, I don't care. But if you aren't going to defend against the points I've presented, then you might as well not even reply. That makes you the shitposter, you fucking dunce.

I doubt its as in depth as they make it sound, but there probably are a few tags in the code like "defensive", "agressive" or "coward" or something like that which probably unlocks or emphasizes in priority certain AI actions. If it does exist at all. I mean, Shadow of Mordor (the shitty batman ripoff LotR game) had that nemesis thing which actually sort of did what it advertised, so I don't see why Taleworlds can't pull it off.

i've only seen AI do four things

He's talking about the new Bannerlord video.

oh well, it's completely possible that they'd just have a few different tactics and randomly distribute them among lords

MY NAME IS DEATH STEELFUCKER, KILLER OF SHITTERS

Don't know about combat tactics but different lords do have different personality archetypes. Its not unique to each and every lord.
Some can be cowards, others can be honourable and so on. This affects their dialogue, their reaction to your honor rating, their response to victories and losses in a campaign and how easily they will defect.
It all boils down to
Honourable lords are attracted to high right to rule which is an invisible stat that is relatively hard to modify so min maxing lord relationships isn't that easy.

Oh my god that's killer.

200% bullshit.
Battle AI is already hard enough to do. But making it work with different "personality" parameters?

is there a mod that makes me get to play a normal peasant and take arms as a soldier and climb through the ranks until im an officer and then get promoted to a vassal or something?

What are any other mods that are worth playing? I so far have:

>Empires 3 Considering uninstalling it, it's pretty shit

I like singleplayer shit but I don't know what next to conquer.

LET ME JUST POST MY FUCKING POST FOR THE FIFTH TIME ALREADY FUCK

I'd suggest nova aetas. It even has a neat settlement building feature when you head to the new world.

Suvarnabhumi Mahayuth
its about indochina and its nice. you can ride elephantsand even shoot canons from their back

Whats wrong with thrusting in Floris?

Half the time I thrust with a spear thinking I'm about to do shittons of damage but it ends up just dealing 0 damage since the animation doesn't go through. I'm not being blocked, since I'm usually attacking from the rear or attacking a horse, I get a running start before attacking and I'm still not dealing good damage with spears.

Also how exactly do I spear brace? X doesn't do anything.

clash of kings, map is huge, you'll have a lot of shit to conquer. made a lot easier if you manage to get unsullied

How the fuck do you git gud at cavalry archery, I can't even hit a stationary fucking target in the tutorial.

H-hey man, got any designs for those?

okay help me guys, i tried to download brytenwalda and it just wouldnt work.what do? is it because i have 32 bit system?

Why isn't there a Bionicle mod?

Freelancer. Included in most mods.

Nova Aetas and

Bro, I got the perfect mod.

Suvarnabhumi Mahayuth

It's M&B Warband in Indochina

same reason that there's no bionicle mod for skyrim
it's too grand

For you.

thanks mate

Why is every lord in the gameworld is so fucking passive
Do I have to start every war between factions?
Also cheap recruits since you pay them 0 francs

Would I like this game? Is the community still active? It looks like my cup of tea, but I'm not exactly sure. Did you guys pirate it or acquire it legitimately?

i had it pirated for years, eventually bought since it was on sale
just get any mod for it (don't play vanilla, unless you can stomach death=battle ends)

Genociding both the Vaegirs and the Khanate and establishing my own heavily armed castles. Eat shit mountain niggers!

Why do you post that image everytime i see you post?

he probably doesn't know what forced anonymity is

Oh I just think it's funny that somebody took the time to make that.

Bro usually I don't even trip

What mods do you guys recommend? I'm going with acute withdrawal syndrome and am considering getting this game to distract me. Do many people still play it online?

I don't like using forced anonymity since it could be used when it's relevant. Actually we have Id's nevermind. Using it now.

for singleplayer get any of
for multiplayer just get napoleonic wars

That mod was crazy, too bad the

I cracked such a huge smile just thinking about this

Forgot to mention it. I have an odd bug that happens where the game freezes around mid September and won't continue no matter how many times I start a new game.

That's Game of Thrones right? Don't know anything about that series so less novelty.

Downloading and trying. Have my second playthrough RaW Vassal of Epiros.

ACoK is not Game of Thrones afaik

It is

clash of kings is mostly good because it's huge
two continents, lots of factions, quests, items, troops etc.

Right so, I'm going to be playing Warband v 1.143 with Warband Enhanced mod installed, is this a good choice for my first time or should I drop it for something else?

Nova Aetas

I AM SHIVA, THE GOD OF DEATH

you can always just get floris
i'd recommend clash of kings since it's as easy as native with most of the nice features

DESIGNATED

Too bad the elephants suck tho. Just get a charger and use the cannon in it.

Is the man seriously clinging to his god dick?

How much does the game scale with your level? I'm level 21 and I'm just a vassal with a single town and village to my name, with a ~100 man army limit. Am I leveling too fast? Will I get fucked if I don't slow down and focus more on raising my renown/etc.?

The game doesn't scale to your levels but to your army size and renown and even then to an insignificant degree
Troop quality is way more important than the number of troops as low quality troops cannot even harm the armored ones

says all the faggots that never tried the multiplayer.

What a waste

so how does one get good at phantasy calradia as a necromancer?
the zombies/skeletons are recruit-tier weak, but only cost you health
problem is that they lower morale of non-evil troops
pic might be from warsword, but i didn't like how skeletons worked there

She is a girl and yes she's clinging on death futa's dick

Speaking of multiplayer, does anyone know where there might be some guides or tips on how to git gud at melee combat so I don't have to be an archery shitter in mercenaries?

Somehow get yourself an evil mage, they help with your morale issues.
Don't use the fodder too much, their deaths cause morale issues. Aim for shadows instead and upgrade them to shadow knights.
Also, the Drow priestess has a ring of healing which gives an AoE heal.

Just hit really fast from unexpected places.

For example, if you strafe to your right hit from your right, they always expect you're gong for the speed bonus

Does it work like chivalry where you can also turn into or away from strikes to shorten or lengthen the distance you need to swing? Playing singleplayer I never really had the need to learn the combat system incredibly well

Only with big weapons such as polearms or two handers

Does swinging your characters fov / body to the same direction of the swing increases the speed bonus? I always do this but for me, I think it's just a placebo effect

Yes it does, it used to be uncapped but what people did before it got patched was up the mouse sensitivity, get themselves the longest two handed weapon they could find and spin attack to get a higher speed bonus.

Are there actually custom quests in it? I stopped playing it 5 minutes into it because i saw the fuckhuge map and thought about the
numerous quests that would make me travel dozens realtime minutes just to deliver booze to another town.

well, for example if you go to braavos, and talk to some guy in the keep, he tells you to go conquer volantis, if you do, he gives you a valerian steel sword
right when you start the game, you get some messenger questline
there was also a quest that starts you searching for a book, and eventually you reach a cemetary where some crazed gravedigger attacks you (there's supposed to be more but he always beats me, and you fail if you lose)
capturing king's landing while serving another lord (not sure if you had to be serving anyone) kills the queen and her children
there's also supposed to be a wildling invasion at some point in time, hasn't happened to me though
there's probably more
most fun thing i found was the unsullied
you find the guy who sells them, pay him 10k to stay in your city, then pay 400 for each unsullied
and 30-60 unsullied can easily defend a castle against hundreds

So the vanilla quests are still in there?
The early game in warband mods are always shit tier because most of the mods are balanced for mid to late game.
How the hell am i going to level or get any amount of cash with these shitty early game quests. So many of them involve traveling to random towns that might be eons away or protecting these faggot villagers "Bandits" (Nova Aetes Deathknights)

git gud
enlist as a soldier
take money from moneylenders (if the version still supports it, i think they eventually removed it)
do the usual warmongering

Waiting on some faggot lord to get into fights only to get stomped by the enemy because you start off with his peasant equipment isn't fun.
I do as many tournaments as possible but it gets boring super quick especially if the AI decides to gang up on you with your level 1 stats.
Never take from money lenders if you plan gaining honor. Last i check you lose more honor monthly when you don't pay it off quick and it quickly starts rising into the several hundred thousands of debts until your honor plummets and everyone hates you.

i think only the city you take money from starts to hate you
thats why i always took money from the westerlands
worked wonders for me

If that's true i'm going to my main looting area in the desert to borrow a bit from each city.

I beg to differ.

*complete bionicle mod

I just checked and it turns out i still have the file saved too. The party wage usually gets past the 10000 gold in cost but for some reason i don't have a huge army of skely knights on me right now. Maybe i lost them somehow and raged awhile ago.

Some day i'll make it happen again anons, some day

MY RIGHT TO RULE IS 6 AND MY TROOP LIMIT IS 100 BUT ALL HAIL THE BIRTH OF A NEW KINGDOM, FUCK YOU HARLUS YOU BUTTERFACED PIECE OF SHIT

also reminder that Swadian Skirmishers are fucking badass

never trust a butterlord

eat the vaegirs, they look weak

I always thought of the Cathars in NA as bandits being extremely retarded

The Cathar heretics were a really big deal in the middle ages, they owned castles and towns, had political weight and, for the love of Christ, they murdered the fucking Pope. The Vatican had to call a crusade on them in order to eliminate them

Buttmad cathar detected

Happens to me too but most of the higher tiers don't lose control so whenever a skeleton loses control it's quickly anniihilated by my mini satans and death knights

is the warhammer mod arse or something?

So does Swadia exist to just get their ass curb stomped or what?

Pretty much. They are usually babys first faction though so most people choose them when they start. Atleast thats what I have experienced

holy shit, if you could actually kill them, I would just for the fucking sake of it
also rhodoks a shit, Meltor keep off my villages you twat
I need to get my hands on warband tho

ha.

Yes it's shit

similar experience in Toucans Calradia

Is Phantasy Calradia still the best mod to play as an overlord with its necromancer, or do I have a better option which would let me unleash my army and watch from a distance as they wreak havoc?

I just want to summon lots of troops and have my army be viable on its own.

So far it's the best mod. Once you level up that necromancy stat the troops start becoming almost swadian knight tier powerful and it only costs health to make more

I fucking swear they are saying Mountain Blade

lol look at newfag over here.
How else you think people were steamrolling the game. It stacks on all companions. So hire companions and turn them into trainers. You can go from and army of 100 Recruits to Elites in 1 day.

I don't think they all ran around at 6.0 speed with plate armour and 2h swords.

REMOVE BOUGRE remove bougre
you are worst cathar. you are the cathar heretic you are the cathar smell. return to bulgarioa. to our bulgaria cousins you may come our contry. you may burn in the hell….ahahahaha ,paul we will never forgeve you. gnostic rascal FUck but fuck asshole cathar stink languedoc hretic heretic..albigensian crusade best day of my life. take a bath of dead cathar..ahahahahah

For starters, all of the towns and castles are redone in Floris. Most of them have multiple ladders now and generally more interesting/unique designs from a gameplay perspective (both sieging and defending). Some are easier than others of course.

There's also new arena maps, and new/redone outdoor battle maps as well. That plus the new music should account for about 80-90% of the so called "bloat"

If you were RPing as Ainz you'd lose every single encounter the first go around and then win every other.
It's canon that he just sucks at the game and wins through sheer cash shop fuckery and memorizing how people play.

But i did lose every single encounter.
That's early game mount and blade for you. I got my shit pushed in the beginning of the game and pledged allegiance to the necromancer lord but eventually my thirst for power lead me to revolt and take Barriyya for myself. I think it's unfair how orcs get patrols but i can't.
Is there anyway to install diplomacy on top of a mod?

don't you just paste the diplomacy files into the module files?
that's how i got freelancer to work for some older ones

user, what mod is this?

I thought that would do some shit to the mod.

That my friend is Phantasy Calradia. I got that to happen by throwing a chaos spell to make them fight each other. When i got up there finally there were less than 10 guys left alive.

Thanks user

So i backed up my module and tried pasting diplomacy into it. Just as i thought it didn't work.

Researched for a bit and it turns out that Diplomacy is impossible with Phantasy Calradia according to the mod developer.

I think i have made a mistake. I have been stacking my towns a castles with mercenary swords men but I never really checked if they are good or not. Also I forgot to stack archers on my walls.

I have half the map and need to try to knock the nords out now. They just assfucked dirhm, I think Im in for a very painful war.

They aren't as powerful as their faction counterparts and cost alot more.

You fucked up, they're good for early game at best since you can get a lot of them cheap and they're already trained. Otherwise they're more expensive and less powerful than thier faction counterparts.

Oh fuck.
Like fuck fuck.

I would recruit farmers after crushing roving bandit armies and get like 150 at a time.

Shit. Im about to mantle the butterlord himself.

They're the tier 1 soldier of the Merc tree
At least go for Peasant women, they become sword sisters which are decent skirmishers.
Otherwise:
Swordsman > Nord
Spearman > Rhodok
Archer > Vaegir
Crossbowman > Rhodok
Cavalry > Swadia or Sarranid, both are the same strength
Muh Cantabrian Circle > Filthy Kherghit

trips confirm.
Too bad they all die before going up in ranks

kek
and defending castles with a lot of rhodok sergeants and nord huscarls makes it worth your while

dont talk to me or my hundred rhodok sharpshooters ever again

Both have their use, although sharpshooters are very largely more useful in castle defense than anything.

My army of 100 huscarls are all mocking you.

Should have done the same when I lost Dhirim to the Nords because The King-"Democracy lover"-Gaveth, known cuckold of Dhirim and fucker of goats.

Just retired my old character because I got bored of him.
Started a new character, what build should I go with? I played polearm/thrown last time. What are some other cool builds?

on the plus side i'm finally getting somewhere with my Overlord RP playthrough. i finally got my necromancy to 10, started war with the sarranids, took 1 castle, and everytime i beat them outside of it, i put all my new zombies/skeletons in the garrison
at this point i'm just removing all the weaker troops from my army and putting them in the castle, while my army is left with skeleton knights and heavy skeleton warriors. sadly i have to stop, since i can't pay them anymore than this

Try Horse Archery
Or if you want to try something unique, do an all infantry run; yourself and your companions included.

Huh, considering that I want to go 100% Rhodok Army again, the last one sounds really neat. Gonna give it a shot.
See you all in the next M&B thread.