Ed, Edd n Eddy thread

Why is this show so fucking good?
Is it the delivery and pacing of the jokes coupled with the trippy artstyle and animation?
Besides the subtle 4th wall breaking and innuendo.

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!NzojmYjY!UgbOGjHmUXD4OCnrUqWmTP-0uJCW8XFfQH8OmPK93uo
mega.nz/!NzojmYjY!UgbOGjHmUXD4OCnrUqWmTP-0uJCW8XFfQH8OmPK93uo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

And lets not forget the sound and music

The Cul-de-sac kids were leery of the Ed's constant schemes but couldn't deny the excitement and vibrance they generated with them. The Ed's brought the city to them one time for fucks sake.

The sound design on this show carried a whole lot of fucking weight int he jokes. It made the beats for a joke line pop (like when they use the eagle screech) and of course the wide array of sound effects that they probably had to dig deep for. A good soundtrack and VAs and also a show that had its animation quality improve without changing the art style too much.

The entire show was fucking golden and you could tell the people working on it loved every minute of it. If only more shows were made with this care nowadays.

Best anime

Fucking hell, it still gets me

how did they make that sound anyway? i always wanted to know

They should release a soundtrack, it would be a Hanna-Barbera worthy rival.

Why is Ed such a power house?

Antonucci still has the rights so CN can't prop up its corpse for shekels like PPG
I love this timeline

apparently comes from this, 1:15

I would take any Ed ride over Universal Studios

Oh sweet jesus thank you. I can only cringe with what EEnE would be like without the original team. Let it be after the movie, there's no need for any more now.

Thank god there's still some hope in this world.

retard strength.

What I want to know is HOW? Didn't you have to give them the rights to get your show produced by CN, Nick or Disney?

Thanks user.

For starters this would probably be canon

Some did, others didn't.
Antonucci already had a pre-established company in A.k.a cartoon.
Others like Craig McCracken and Tartakovsky relied on CN to publish their cartoons.
To use anime as an example, most manga run on Shonen Jump end up as a property of Toei.
Dragon Ball, Fist of the North Star, most of them ended up as licensed Toei properties.
But Hirohiko Araki established his own company in Lucky Land communications to ensure he had sole ownership of Jojo's.
At least that's how I think it works, if some law user wants to correct me then feel free.

It undoubtedly had to do with the fact that the storyboards and animation were done in their own special way, infusing every frame with expressions that Steven Universe could only dream of.

Thanks doc Becky

Was Ed Mexican? I always thought he look was liking to the MexicanMexican kids I knew time.

That's racist.
He's clearly a yellow person.
Stop yellow erasure and wetwashing.

They put a lot of effort and detail into the show.

damn the feels.

I remember they did that type of animation where they did the outlines move like that. That was so cool. The voices were so excellent.

EEnE has EVERYONE suffer, even that bitch Sarah gets put in her place a few times. The Kankers are probably the ones that suffered the least, and even then they fight and torment eachother enough to balance things.

Pretty much. Antonucci was notorious for not allowing any kind of ad-libbing or improvisation whatsoever. What you saw was what was meticulously planned and retook until perfect.

Dexter's Lab was just as good, you youngfags.

To be frank, the Kankers are low-class trailer trash whose mom is implied to be the park slut and they live in pretty lousy conditions. They're also hated by everyone at school, even more so than the Eds before the movie, they're just not teased because everyone's too fucking scared of them.

Who knows. Ed's eyes definitely look thin enough, although he does have red hair.

Thank goodness it ended when it did. Who knows what else Rebecca would've had in store.

I don't get the 06 one.

Its even better than animu.

One of these links should work.

One of these links should work.

I completely forgot that Antonucci took over after Beavis and Butthead ended.

It was good, until PizzaPan shit logo shows up.

He sent the idea to the show to CN and Nick, he told them "This is my show", and CN contacted him back saying "Okay, sure thing". Nick said "No, it's our show if you want it on our network".

Thanks user, you're the best.

The difference being that EEnE didn't have an abysmal last season that ruined the show retroactively for many people.

Also at 2:33 Eddy's voice actor worked on a converse commercial.

Huh didn't know he did other voice work.

Growing up I wanted to be Edd

Yeah. It's a shame Tony Sampson retired from VA and fell off the face of the Earth to work in the oil sands industry.

At least he retired when EEnE ended.

How? I can understand relating to him since i relate to him a lot but what would you want to do as him? Build stuff Double D is still a kid.

I remember him doing one of the voices for Transformers Armada.

Was that series any good?

Who didn't?

He trying to make a new series, posted footage too

Care to elaborate on why you hold such a wrong opinion?

Tony Sampson, or Antonucci?

How can someone be this wrong?

Those are some hot opinions you have there.

Why did Jimmy become one of the most well-developed characters in the show?

Probably the only good series of the Unicron Trilogy.

I know Antonucci posted a video of a new series on youtube. Wasn't that great.

The lack of new characters was a reference to the Three Stooges?

Post Rolf memes

Why Rolf was the best secondary character?

It would have been heartbreaking to hear about Eddy's japanese actor committing suicide.

One of the things that made EEnE so great was that it was one of the few cartoons to get a good, definitive ending. Most cartoons during that time didn't get an ending, they just silently drifted off the air and out of our memories. EEnE was different.

Double-D's voice is adorable

Sad its creators really wants nothing to do with animation now.

Incidentally I never even wondered about Eddy's brother. I was fine with him being this unknown figure that everyone feared, but it was still kind of neat to get closure on that. Still pissed we didn't get a special about Melonhead's vengeance. What a fucking cocktease.

Where are you getting that info? I thought Danny was making a new series.

It carried an imaginative childishness
building things out of cardboard and markers, the junkyard episode where they played marooned on an alien planet.

Still wonder what was under Double D's hat. I know there's a game that shows it but I don't know if it's canon.

I didn't even know Benthelooney had a reputation. I only know him because he's associated with that fat hack Soulbrotha.

News to me.

I think one character whose punishment was light for his transgressions would be Kevin. He's mostly just a prick w/ impunity.

In the episode "See No Ed" The Eds are nowhere to be seen, the entire episode is Kevin growing increasingly paranoid to the point of near madness, A FITTING PUNISHMENT I SAY!

That douchebag got his ass beaten in the early episodes.

Will there ever be a blu-ray release?

Man not everything has to be brought up to par. The roughness of the older episodes have its charm just as well.

Why?

I mean if it gets a Blu-ray release there should be a chance to fix mistakes at least. I actually prefer the later seasons since it was very clean with a lot more variation in colors and better scenes.

was Double D a brainlet all along?

This bait might have worked on 4/co/ you nigger, you might even come across someone with shit taste enough to agree with you unironically.

The same episode shows Nazz wears boxers for some reason.

Agreed, it really made the show what it was

Son, you're disappointing me with wanting the creators coming back, despite the fact that they left in their prime and on their own terms. Is that you just want more of something you like. But you know what? We live in an era right now where all folks have been getting nothing but more of what they "liked" and instead they're getting more of what they liked but instead its all pozzed to fucking shit.

"I want more avatar!" You get Korra

Even funnier cuz in the later seasons she's wearing panties.

Sound effects!

Was it really that bad? I don't remember a thing of it.

The show is wacky with great sound effects every time you turn around. With great emphasis on a particular situation, it can actually make things work and more comedic.

You can obviously tell the show mattered to these guys.

God i miss this show

Thanks user.

It's even funnier when you learn that so much effort was put into a show that was made purely on a dare. The creator was dared by a friend to make a children's show. He did, and he did it good.

Most people consider the Dark Ages to be from the 1100s to the late 1600s, while the bubonic plauge happened in the 1300s

I'm surprised how much they sound like the english voices

Where the fuck did he get the sound effects?