Questionable Malcontent - Underbaked Edition

Seriously, what the fuck knocked us down from page 5 to page 9?

Previous thread: >>902614 archive.is/yYNP1
Archives which will actually be updated this week, promise
Edits: gitgud.io/InfinityMalcontent/QMC_Edits/tree/master
OC: gitgud.io/InfinityMalcontent/QMC_OC/tree/master
Threads archive: gitgud.io/InfinityMalcontent/QMC_Threads/wikis/home

Older stuff (Editfag Prime):
Edits: imgur.com/a/Sf5J0
Omits: imgur.com/a/HtKr0
Twitter Bully: imgur.com/a/Jb1a1
OC: imgur.com/a/kSZcE

Other urls found in this thread:

milesmathis.com/pi2.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

10/10

So close yet so far…

Prolly shoulda lined up more than one guest, Jeph.

Who's the second Deluxe Boy? Did Jeph changing the skin color confuse the illustrator into thinking there are two Winslows?

Jesus fucking Christ, they managed to somehow make the entire cast even uglier than I ever dreamed possible.
And I feel my own artwork isn't quite up to scratch, but if whoever this cunt is doing the guest strip they make me look like Arthur Rackham by comparison.

Why would a robot need to buy perishable reagents to have a sensory experience?

As if the ugly art wasn't bad enough, the most interesting thing they could come up with was blabbering about tea and candles. How much of a pretentious hipster can you be?

Y'all don't just get it.
This is all just a dream of an autistic boy.
Just like the ending of st. Elsewhere.

It looks like it took 10 minutes to draw and still looks better than what Jeph comes up with.

Not only does it look better it's also more fun. Seriously, there is more interesting action and character development, along with character faithfulness, in this one guest strip than there has been in the last 1000 official strips.

In all honesty I want to know how it must feel to be Jeph. To be so empty and hollow on the inside and so creatively bankrupt that a quick guest strip can out do literal YEARS of my own work. Fucking BRAVO!

Oh, so it *was* illegal, eh? And with no argument from Menstro? Looks like complicity, to me! Rokocop out to arrest Menstro right away as an accessory to crime.

And this may just be a coincidence, but:

…this guest artist follow our thread?

Always a possibility. Or maybe it's mememagic but Holla Forums has never been good with that…

Uh-oh, who is the most downtrodden?
The tranny, or the brown austist?

Can't be stealing free food from the brown person - she's probably an illeg- I mean- MIGRANT! A migrant! Fleeing a despotic regime and come all the way to America to be persecuted by Grompf's death squads.
It's important we import as many browns as possible to our fascist dictatorship!

But what kind of fucking employee is IPP anyway? Feeling entitled to free shit, putting the needs of her own fat as over the shop recovering losses?
And fuck, has her head gotten big!

Holy FUCK! The art is literally nothing at this point. It's so misshapen and malformed that these characters look NOTHING like they're supposed to. At best we have a barely functioning silhouette and that's at best. I have never seen such sloppily, hastily, drawn art as bad and bland as this.

Jeph continues to do the impossible in the worst way imaginable: making a shit comic even worse.

May be a nit-pick, but if those croissants are so fucking good then why do they have a big pile of the damn things from the previous day?
If they're as good as everyone makes out they'd be sold out and the queue to that place would be out the fucking door.

How come *none* of these food/drink places in Hipsterville have any customers?

Because Jeff Jackoff doesn't want to draw more than he "has to." I don't even remember the last time he drew a background character that wasn't a one time thing or one of his bitchass hipster friends.

That time Clint was following IPP on the sidewalk. Mind you that was like a year ago wasn't it?

Oh good Clarence is turning into a Dora clone now. I hope this goes all the way and he dumps Marten for a dumpy lesbian

Truly Jeph is the master of tangents.

Well it detracts from the horrendous, off-model artwork at least. But, sure, Jeph is a month ahead. This isn't a desperate, on-the-fly rendering brought about by a guest artist who flaked out or anything.

Because Jeph has only worked a real job for a few months and doesn't know bakeries stop baking in the early afternoon or even morning to prevent things like this from happening, even though the storefront will be open for hours. If you want really fresh stuff you need to be there at like 7:00 AM or whenever they open their doors, given that they're starting at like 4 in the morning.

Does this even count?

Hard to believe, isn't it?

Are they all one meter tall?

Probably just to spare us from the eyesore that is that negress body.

we wuz robots

They're all in Garfield Space.

Looks like Jon's gut is on his back.

Who would marry this trainwreck? Is there any hope for the rest of us if even he can find love?

Someone looking for a guaranteed payout. The way alimony laws work, Jeph will owe her his current half even if he's working at a convenience store when he's 50.

Oh my. How deliciously tragic.

WHAT!?

Anyone who has paid even a modicum of attention to his comic (which any self respecting "partner" should read what their paramour writes) would realize it won't last forever…

Went to France, huh?
Maybe it's a long-distance relationship and it'll all fall apart now she has to deal with him in real time.
Unless he fucks off back to the States and sends regular payments to her and her son.

Literally who?

It was a long-distance relationship but you got the wrong French-speaking country.

He's been living in Halifax for quite a while, which, if you didn't know, is in Nova Scotia, which is a Canadian province.

I haven't been following his personal life, but he always looked like a San Franciscan to me.

Wow, flying to the other side of the planet and back for an expensive certificate…
What incredible, financial PRIVILEGE.

Joke's on him. Now he's subject to at least three countries' divorce laws. She'll probably be able to mix 'n match for maximum damage. Plus if Jeph welches he'll be guilty of an international crime.

Globalism truly is cancerous.

That's the typical posture of the beta male.

Clarence would be an awesome boyfriend if >she brought home fresh meat for Male Dora to pound.

Wasn't IPP supposed to get fucked by now?

yes but he's in the middle of a comedy yaoi arc right now

See, I know that this will never be a thing because it would be interesting and add a bit of depth to their relationship.

On top of that he'd be stealing autistic tail from his brother, which could add tension and a reason for someone to dislike the tranny, even in the fantasy world Jeph has built. Can't have that, or somone might throw a fit on his forums, possibly even recall their portion of his paycheck.

Woah now, user, that tranny is hated because people aren't progressive enough. You'll just never see it. The rule is "tell, don't show", right?

So it would be a cuckqueaning tranny who abuses her boyfriend's timid nature by bullying him into fucking a brown autistic girl in order to cuck her brother by proxy and humiliate him by demonstrating that a spineless wimp groveling at the feet of a >girl can score with his crush while he can't?

Showing character building drama is both triggering and abelist against the blind. QC is a forerunner in progressive storytelling in visual media, in that having it read to you captures the same level of understanding as looking at it, and all conflict being vague, offscreen, and unimportant to the plot. It's only superseded in this by Unicorn Jelly.

I wish someone would bully me into banging a brown girl.

What are you, a faggot? Go fuck a brown girl, you pussy.

I can't get hard unless a barely passing tranny goads me into it. I have very specific kinks.

Grenzo goads you into it.

I didn't realize Grenzo was a tranny.

Is it me, or does IPP have dreadlocks now? Her hair looks like it has a different consistency than in her introductory arc here

Last we saw her, 41 strips ago so 10 minutes ago, she looked like this.

what happens in the goblin caves, stays in the goblin caves

*gasp* is this Jeph assuming all people of colour of darker of skin have the same hair type?!
Or is he allowing his middle eastern to culturally appropriate people of black colour's hair?

Either way, it's so triggering he should get banned from the internet.

Until they overflow and pour onto the surface in a frenzied horde in order to scour the land of resources.

Eh…

I've seen this "joke" several times. Is there something more to it or is it just a portmanteau of "bra" and "croissant"? The way Jeph's fanbase thinks it's funny makes me think there's a word similiar to "brassant" I don't know about that completes the joke.

"Brassiere" is the unabbreviated from of "bra" and fits into "croissant" better than just "bra" but it's still really stupid and they didn't even hyphenate it that way. Maybe it's because they're both french words? Who knows what goes through the mind of someone who thinks QC is funny.

They are fans of a man who's entire idea of comedy is changing his Twitter handle into the worst puns someone else can think of, and a header and avatar of a fart. No fart joke, just the fart. It's an easy bet that there isn't much past the surface.

I get that, it just seems too stupid to find funny so I'm racking my brain in hopes that I'm actually missing something. It's not even bad pun level. I mean, something like, "I've heard of bra padding but this is ridiculous!" is way funnier and that's still a 2/10 effort.

He'd never use this kind of humour but Clarence could have said something like,
"You know, I'm actually glad - at first I thought you had a tumour."

Courtesy of >>>/bmn/

Dora's coffee shop is/was apparently super popular and I think we're supposed to accept that the bakery is too. Jeph is just too shitty to even copy+paste a "customers" layer into his backgrounds.

Ugh, the worst subversion possible.

Not-Faye sneaks up on someone to HOMP food right out of their hand, IPP just gives it over while preparing to scrape bits out of her cleavage, and Jeph draws curves on Clarence to remind us that >her chest is artificially constructed and contains no actual mammary function. Its ability to keep bread warm is even in doubt.

Hate to break it to you, but male and female mammary tissue are both functional, and that men can even lactate. The only difference is that developed women have fat deposits in their chests.

At least they tried.

Okay, so she interrupted a conversation her patrons were having in order to playfully steal food from a known autist when she has dozens of the same food just sitting around. And people are supposed to find this…endearing?

Wait a minute. Was >she always just a deformed version of the woman from Despicable Me? Not to mention that Fayeniqua could have just made her own damn croissant if she wanted one.

Self-diagnosed "on the spectrum" detected. If someone isn't silent or shrieking, and compulsively making repetitive movements with their head or torso, they're not autistic.

We call her an autist because when she was introduced, she really was nearly silent, or as close as Jeph's hack writing could manage. The fact that this would make her a fucking awful bartender is either lost on Jeph and his asslickers, or is accepted to be a consequence of literally indiscriminate hiring practices.

She's perceptibly changed because he can't write a character for more than two strips without them becoming yet another sarcastic hipster clone with maybe a single quirk. I suspect that this is because Jeph surrounds himself with people that aspire to be exactly that level of bland 'unique' to avoid offending anyone, so he honestly can't imagine anyone different.

As a side note, I can't imagine anyone who's been here for more than thirty seconds that would take issue with someone being called an autist besides an actual autist, or someone taking offence on their behalf. Which one are you?

Autists? On my imageboard?
It's more common than you think.

Actually, I'm just sick of "autists" complaining about their supposed disorder when real autists are fucked up freaks who can barely communicate.

hot warm

It turns out it's true.

I'll bet Chad has news about a bare-back position for IPP Cliton.

Also, not only has her personality changed à la Hannelore 1.0, now her face looks squished or something.

The more you know user

Heh

why are everyones eyes closed
did they all blink at the same time?

You know you want it.

Thinking on it I'm actually kind of surprised it took Jackoff here this long to make an edgy atheist joke like this.

Jesus, Jeph change his meds again? It looks like an intern is attempting to emulate his style.

But atheism hasn't been edgy since they won the YouTube battle about 10 years ago. It's like Jeph cracking an anti-feminism joke in 2025.

That's the thing with Jeph: he honestly thinks he's riding some new train of progressiveness and is at the forefront of popculture. I wouldn't put it past him for a moment that he would think he was being cool and edgy with that line.

Well, Jeph kind of is at the forefront of pop culture. It's just the normie Facebook type of pop culture consumed mostly by parents in their 30s and office wage slave coworkers.

But it's not edgy. You have to pick one. You can't be mainstream and edgy at the same time. They're called "dad jokes" for a reason. Jeph probably thinks he's being edgy by having all these "queer" characters, but Glee was almost 10 years ago…and actually had a lot of the same problems as QC come to think about it.

Nice perspective throughout
lmao

Probably couldn't afford them.

Jephs tranny self insert is so creepy
goddamn

The problem is that Asperger's Syndrome got folded in with autism a few years back. On the one hand you've got the kind of autists who sit silently rocking back and forth next to a pile of Duplo bricks, and on the other you now also have "autists" (who really should have retained their own classification) who are mostly functional but have tremendous difficulty reading social and interpersonal cues.

Stop that, user. Only men can be creepy…

I believe Asperger's is the result of poor socialization early on, not a neurological disorder. Medicalizing it was a mistake.

Pretty much confirmed now that furries are the next audience Jeph panders to.

Shelby, get out while you still can

I guess his cancer-addled brain is making him do stupid things, but it's totally predictable that this would happen when this guy suddenly tried to cozy up to "progressives" and mainstream corrupt press like Kotaku.

Jeph will virtue signal absolutely anything. I'll bet he'll eventually post what a good boy he's been his whole life opening cans with his right hand. He'll probably do that after he "accidentally" stabs his hand again.

Aren't both autism and asperger's diagnosed by studying the subject's behavior when they're a young child? It's a developmental disorder.

Is Jeph gonna push this towards a polyamorous relationship so that he can grab more progressive points?

Why are these nosey cunts so fucking interested in the relationships of people they've only known for 10 fucking minutes?
And those big, "shock" eyes looked like an edit. I can only assume Jeph's been watching more anime and thought he'd steal some reaction faces.

Because they're moments to eeeheeheehee over.

The nice thing about robots is that when you zap the gay away it wipes away everything else

So this is really happening.

Why don't they discuss it a little louder. We could open a window, they could shout it towards Moscow.

would think that pic mocks white people LARPing as indians with a spirit animal by calling them furries.

Oh sweet baby Jesus in Heaven. I've had a QC dream. And I don't even do OC.

This fucking freeloader could have walked in while the Tranny was stimulating Marten's prostate.

Also, men don't talk like that. At all. Nor would we assume chad and clit were flirting because FRIENDSHIP exists.

Can't see the edit.

Subtle edit, but what it needed was a couple of tent poles.
And we all know which one would be bigger.

Based on the drawing, they both are midgets or their legs have been cut off…

You been chosen for a glorious and terrible destiny friend

I realised afterwards that Jeph is just incredibly lazy and cannot draw points of articulation on a robot, but I thought for a moment that Menstro actually had fucking socks drawn on its feet.

Slowpoke much?

Someone stop that mad man!

Its tme to end it user

Time*

Oh, a bonus strip. How novel.

I see Jeph once again stalls while he checks the temperature of the homosexual shipping.

Why is handstab's go-to for "character sighing" always to make their skull look like it's deflating? I know he can't into anatomy, but why that in particular?

How can you fuck up such simple perspective this goddamn hard
he's been at it for more than a decade by now, and he still can't just fucking draw one proper piece of furniture

I see he's rolling out IPP's autism face, again.
Haven't seen that one in a while - maybe her autism is workplace-related? Or maybe that's her way of getting out of any actual responsibility.

It's actually really started to annoy me - when IPP's pulling her autism face it looks all round and podgy. Yet when she's drawn with her hipster face in profile, it turns into fucking Mr Punch like the rest of the idiots.

I also notice the dials for the rings on that cooker seem to be at the top. So, you have to reach across whatever you're cooking to turn them off? Seems like a dangerous design flaw, there…

And Hannelore sleeping with her piercings in. I'd have thought someone obsessed with hygiene like her would take them out and sterilize them every night.

Ooooh, and panicking about someone making pancakes - As we all know, making breakfast is something rapists do!
Perhaps this is an unintentional insight into Hannelore's past relationships?

That's creep.

Spot on.

So Jeph can't automatically schedule his medication, either. Seriously, set an alarm or get one of the hundreds of medication reminder phone apps if you want to be fancy about it. Or do what most people do and get one of those 7-chamber pill strips and put it on your night stand or in the bathroom or wherever.

I swear I've seen something similar.

My stovetop does have the dails accross the top, but also above at the end. Similar to pic related, but nothing like what hand stab drew.

Ooh, thanks for reminding that I need to take my vitamins.

Closest I can find. Dials are in the front but the unit is flat. Looks like you'd need to watch your hand on the right side.

pancake…not eggs
Faggots ruin everything as they attempt to claim it as their own.

Since references have to include all the eggs.

Why haven't you killed yourself yet? Fuck off and die you pedo faggot

C'mon user, don't be a cocktease. Tell us about it.

robot fuck club

Confirmed for robo-brothel maintenance

Now Jeph panders to the foot fetishists.

How can someone take the potential of a society with a mix of AIs and regular humans, mix that with tranny angst, and this legendary downtrodden underclass of AIs who have to fight for a living… and the best they can result from that is some faggy shit about tickly feet.

Jeph is aggressivey mediocre.

Thats been known for a while

god damn these robots are ten for ten on being nutjobs

It might seem that Jeph, owner of a garage full of boutique guitars and top-end drawing tablets, is self-reflecting, but, no, he really thinks he's working class and these are the bourgeois oppressors, even though their combined income is about what his sole income is.

Most leftists do.

I can't help but wonder what Jeph's fans/overlords will make of him sharing this shit.
He's also made his feelings on the subject perfectly clear by writing Winslow in such a way as to haul him over the coals for having the temerity to hope for a more dignified existence, and for the privilege of accepting the charity of a benevolent, bank-of-mom-and-dad owner.
Presumably, they'll perform their usual moral backflips to spin this in some way that it's alright when their idols/bitches do it, but not when people they don't like do it.
Just like how they smash up their communities, wage campaigns of intimidation and demand mob rule to govern thought crimes so as to prevent "fascists".

Jeph's "works" have become more of a chore to read than they're worth, lately.
Take Rokocop, for instance - why, oh why in the screaming, fucking hell would it want to give any business to those people it was itching to lock behind bars, and repeatedly humiliated it?

The dialogue could so easily have been:

And jesus CHRIST that 1st panel - Faye's shoulders have suddenly become 6 inches wider? And he neck muscles don't seem to reach her skull in any way - just loop round the back of her neck.

And just a nit-pick, but is that a bay door with roller-shutters opening out into the main street?
If anything, that would be round the side or rear of the building.

Far be it for me to defend Jeph, but "doing" crimes is a callback.

Anyway, existing, real world cops already have in-house full mechanical service for their cars, including fuel. Why would robotic cops be so put out? Pretty much every fictional universe has retrospectively obvious oversights but Jeph doesn't seem to put in any effort at all. Everything is done from the backwards perspective of getting different permutations of characters together for the sake of it and altering laws of the universe to make it happen.

For a robot it would be more like medical care. So really Jeph has written a parable where a person flees their horrible government provided health care plan to receive essential services on the (black?) private market where said services are cheaper and of higher quality.

Still doesn't make sense because municipal workers tend to have gold-plated health care plans.

Ok, so did an actual full-blooded human get their consciousness transferred into this robot? Because this is all very weird behavior for a robot otherwise.

Don't be silly user, that would be interesting.

For Rokocop anyway, I have toyed with this idea back during the Robot Wars arc.
You know, back when we actually had some shit to work with in terms of re-writes.
I came up with a more bitter version of Rokocop whose face and voice were all fucked up after taking a shotgun blast from being the first through the door in a raid - such is the fate of all active AIs on the force.
It didn't get repaired as the department's budget didn't stretch far enough to cover what could easily be classified as "cosmetic damage" - it otherwise didn't affect Rokocop's performance so no point spending the money.
This gave it more of a reason to hate the Robot Wars joint, what with all their free repairs and endless spare parts.

Is CopBot the worst robot in the world?

Fucking thing's barely fit for sweeping floors, never mind being a cop.

Because it's not that simple? You could ask the same thing about humanss, if you replace "programming" by "evolution", and it would make about as much sense.
Psychosomatic effects in humans are probably at least partially produced by feedback to our predictive systems. If you anticipate that something will happen, that's weighted in when deciding whether sensory noise is actually a signal or just noise and influences the perception of that noise, unconsciously and outside your control. Evolution hasn't weeded that out yet, which means that it's probably a local optimum and that it's an unavoidable downside of an otherwise very useful system.
Point is, there is no reason to assume that an AI is magically better at this stuff than a human, and that precise fiddling like that is possible.
I don't know if Jeph thought about that, but really, it's not that unreasonable.

If people can insert themselves via VR helmet into an AI consciousness to look for locked doors to open, containing memories someone else had removed in the first place, why can't they make other adjustments?

It's a computer mind, created by a computer in the first place - why can't a programmer have a look at the code and debug it?
Even just remove the offending systems and replace them entirely.

I'm half-convinced the VR thing was just bullshit. Was there anything in it that actually proved it was what it claimed to be, or could it just be an unrelated doors+dinosaurs simulator that ran while the real program completely deleted the supposed encrypted memories?
But if that was supposed to be real then that's the unrealistic thing, not the psychosomatic shit here.
Because it's probably not (all) written in a nice readable programming language. Try debugging a neural network.
But mainly because it's a property of the design, not just of the implementation. It's a compromise that's necessary to make the system work, not something you can fix without overhauling everything. That's the way it seems to be for humans, anyway.
You might very well have to replace it by something that's net worse or has the same issue.

As it's Jeph writing, I think we're supposed to take everything exactly as shown; I doubt he has the imagination do construct a story with any layers beyond the superficial.
Shit, he can't even finish his own plots without resorting to deus ex machina.
Or, in the case of Alice Grove, finishing it via hand-wave and a bunch of rambling suppositions.

But mainly because it's a property of the design, not just of the implementation. It's a compromise that's necessary to make the system work, not something you can fix without overhauling everything. That's the way it seems to be for humans, anyway.

Why not? Again, we've seen that AI minds can be entered and altered and that AIs are designed with a specific purpose in mind.

And why do you think that? At least with the VR stuff there is evidence that it works, since that's what we're shown in the comic.

Modifying memories and modifying programming are very different. One is data, and necessarily dynamic. The other is code, and usually not (nearly as) dynamic. It's like the difference between taking something out of a vault and redesigning and modifying the vault.

As for the design argument, that's just a common pattern with computer systems. It's a bit similar to a spam filter. Spam filters sometimes filter out legitimate e-mail. You can ask why that doesn't "get fixed via programming", and the answer is that spam detection is actually hard and that reducing it is infeasible without letting through a lot of malicious e-mail as well. Perfection is not always possible. You may have to make compromises. Psychosomatic effects in humans are similar - they're mistakes by a heuristic process.

Yeah, but this here in the comic is a fault in an isolated system - you know where all the sensors are, what they connect to and how they are supposed to behave.
I still don't see any reason why this bullshit ticklish problem can't be solved - to me it sounds like a faulty sensor creating a feedback loop resulting in overcompensation by actuators, giving that "tickle" effect.

The benefit of a computer mind vs a biological mind is that they can be altered and changed - they can be built from the ground up.

Tickling is a sensation, not a kind of input. It's produced from input in a heuristic way. If the combination of the input from the sensors and the input produced unconsciously internally adds up to something the system heuristically decides to translate to tickling, then you feel tickling.
Ignoring all internally produced input would not be a good solution, because it eliminates a lot of the advantage you get from knowing things.
It's an inherent property of heuristic systems that they sometimes do the wrong thing. Sometimes a heuristic solution is the only solution, or just the best solution.
If it's a faulty sensor, then it's not psychosomatic, so if we assume that it's psychosomatic (as the comic says) then it's not caused by a faulty sensor.

It'd be so easy to improve this thing with morally ambiguous copbot doing corrupt things but understandably. But Jeph can't write this. It'd still be a Mary Sue. He can't do anything else, especially with the females.

That just goes to the pointlessness of these AIs. They serve no function other than to be alternative humans with all of the same problems and few of the advantages we can ascribe to existing machines.

It doesn't have to be like that. I've read really fascinating fiction that just featured simulations of humans running on artificial hardware. That's much closer to humans than Jeph's AIs are.
There's a ton of really interesting things you could do with Jeph's AIs, even as human-like as they are. But he doesn't do any of it.

But why would an AI suffer a ticklish sensation - it doesn't make sense.
All the symptoms suggest a fault with CopBot. Hell, it says it feels "disturbed" by the thought of removing parts to repair them - this is clearly not a rational AI mind, especially not for what is supposed to be a cop when civilian models seem to skip bodies with no problem at all.

And if your interpretation of how Jeph's robots work is from someone else's book then that's no use. All we can do here is work with what we've been shown.

That's how Jeph operates, though. He uses as a crutch references and callbacks to other stuff he likes and depends on the audience having consumed the same stuff.

If the minds are based on recordings of humans, then their behavior might make sense,

I think a lot of you are forgetting that AI in the Questionable Content universe is actually a black box. Nobody knows how they emerged and the majority of them just kind of "pop" into existence. Even Hanner's father, the big dick king of technology, doesn't really know how they're created exactly.

While this could be seen as an interesting plotline in any other story here in "Who Gives A Fuck I'm Jeph Jacques And I Don't Need To Think About My World-Land" it's just another excuse for the jackoff not to actually have anything interesting or thought provoking in his slice of life hipster comic.

When it comes down to it, "progressives" are anti-progress.

Worked for Jeph. He's still not better than a random high school student.

It's funny how most people get shit on for endless self-promoting but Jeph's fanbase somehow finds it endearing.

Also Roko's face is melting in the last panel.

I guess this might need a bit of context.

I get the feeling Jeph is stalling.
Maybe he's hit the creative doldrums because this seems to be one of those utterly inconsequential happenings that he could draw out for another 2 weeks.
Like, next page will be CopBot being shocked by the prices while the other two make sarcastic comments.
Page after that will be CopBot explaining why it's shocked, while the other two continue to comment, with eyes closed.
Page after that will be CopBot resigning itself to spending money, while the other two continue to comment, with eyes closed.

So, even in her own shp, Faye is a freerider…. Geee, who would have tought

Then someone random shows up, like Hannelore or Emily or Claire, and does something lolzany.

I think his disgust is due to the fact that the brand new, complex medical treatment requiring millions of dollars worth of research, equipment, testing hours and expertise is expensive. I mean, his life is bankrolled entirely by gullible fucks, so why shouldn't it work the same for other people?

Where the communist mindset breaks down is usually at the 'why should I' level. Everyone who isn't a retard admits that taxes are necessary on some level for the existence of a nation, because people who spend all their time training to fight while surviving on the taxes of people who spend all their time farming will beat people who split their time between the two. But people reject taxes when the amount of money taken from them doesn't correspond to the amount of aid they're receiving from the system, which is only selfish insofar as self-preservation is selfish. When you start presenting people with a bad deal, they don't want to take it, no matter how much you guilt trip them with 'muh chilluns', which is why communism requires such oppression to maintain, and it's why Jeph would be the first to complain if universal healthcare was actually implemented.

Doesn't he already live in Canada? I know Jeph's reprehensible but shilling for (((health insurance))) mafias isn't the way to bully him.

but muh non aggression principal and even 0.1% taxation is literal murder

Yeah, these people actually think "universal" healthcare means everyone will get the megabucks plans millionaires and politicians have and not something reminiscent of the third world.

Jeph's not a citizen. Despite the open borders rhetoric and general public image, Canada is actually fairly tight when it comes down to handing out the social spiffs to foreigners. It's not like Europe where the entire world gets a free ride if they just show up.

The point I was trying to get across is that I don't believe that anyone has a moral obligation to pay for the healthcare of strangers, It's just not in our nature.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to defend health insurance companies. I'm a Britbong myself, all I hear is people talking about how awful the American system is and how much better the NHS is. The cost of healthcare for the uninsured in the US seems fucking evil, quite frankly, and I'm sure there has to be a better system, but it's not a one or the other kind of thing.

What people tend to forget in this kind of debate is that the health insurance companies are still involved, even in single-payer healthcare systems. Grass is greener, I guess. The Tories have absolutely fucked the NHS by selling it off piecemeal to healthcare companies which then have both the government and the consumer by the balls.

It's a deep seated problem that needs a lot of rational thought beyond 'you just want poor people to die'. My first instinct, personally, is to open it up to the market with anti-monopoly measures against price fixing and collusion between healthcare providers, but that requires a government that doesn't accept kickbacks, and good luck finding one of those.

At the end of the day, this is effectively a problem entirely unique to the modern age. Does everyone deserve to be healthy? Are we morally obligated to subsidise other people's bad luck? Should we be legally obligated to do so? What about injuries and diseases that are explicitly the patient's fault? We're not likely to figure it out any time soon.

The problem is a widespread portion of society believes it has a "right" to health care without even giving the slightest thought to what a "right" is. Right to life or right to liberty, government can safeguard that just by preventing other people from doing bad things to you. A right to health care is a right to be supplied with goods and services (even if you can't repay their cost), which shifts to government forcing people to do things for you whether they want to or not.

And it's all presented as good and moral because we're forcing rich men to pay for it instead and they're evil and deserve to have their incomes confiscated because they're not paying their fair share and all that.

The basic human economic forces of supply and demand are always in effect no matter what systems or decrees are put in place. If you want things to actually get cheaper, lower burdens and requirements, make it profitable for more people to enter the market and increase supply competitively, and you can chart a path to the way it was before WW2 price controls threw everything out of balance and people could actually go to the doctor for basic needs and pay in full at the counter without going into debt.

The libertarian approach just leads to an oligopoly.

There simply wasn't as much medicine before WW2, though. Modern medicine is a lot more expensive than even early 20th century medicine and in any case, the supply of doctors is limited by more than just investment.

Of course the morality of taxation depends on how one thinks money is "earned".

Even this wouldn't be so bad, but it doesn't end there. With socialized healthcare comes collective responsibility but these people want it both ways. When it comes to healthcare, they want socialism. When it comes to living a responsible and healthy lifestyle, suddenly they're libertarians with "my body, my rules" rhetoric. You can't philosophically a la carte a public policy. Every aspect has its pros and cons.

They'll complain simultaneously about the rich not paying their fair share yet also advocate for tax hikes with no thought to who's going to pay, even though they just said who it was going to be 30 seconds ago.

Yet these people constantly clamor for higher corporate tax rates with no thought whatsoever as to how they're actually advocating for "the man" to keep them down. High corporate tax rates only benefit the entrenched because they can actually afford to pay, not that they actually do. It's the upstart who gets run over by taxes.

Pretty much everything leads to a concentration of power, and the more efficient the system the faster it happens. However, the best systems are the ones that acknowledge this and plan around it, even if the plans aren't perfect. Shit like Marxism and anarcho-capitialism are delusional utopian fairy tale shit. Might as well sell people on ponies and goody goody gumdrops.

Remind me the robot text bubble font rules.

What is it with these cucks and corrupting ginger qts into trannies? You think they'd at least slap on a few more minority classifications to make them more progressive.
Is there some kind of agenda that I'm aware of against my hibernioid compatriots?

Life is suffering user.

AND NO SINGING!

What, like *UNSOLICITED OPINIONS ON ISRAEL*…?
And that's some stellar, fucking customer service there - make sure the new avenue of business is made uncomfortable and awkward.
What is it with obnoxious, fat fucks and their tendency to dance?
They've even got their own style - the fat, obnoxious fuck dance where they swing their fat around to emphasise how fat they are.

I find that thigh gap oppressive!

I've found thigh-gap hate to be one of the most pervasive social justice jealousies. I've even had dudes tell me how oppressive and unrealistic it is, and how it's just a sign that the woman has really skinny thighs and whatnot. It's hot because it's a sign of childbearing hips - i.e. the cause of an actually attractive ass, not just being fat.

The thigh gap one of the focal points of 'it's only in a small proportion of people and is considered attractive' ∴ 'it's an impossible beauty standard that is forced on women and that's basically rape'. I can just imagine the poor cucks on the QC forums sobbing in defeat as they beat off vigorously to this poorly drawn symbol of cis-robo-misogynist oppression.

holy shit do they even have eyes? The angle of the hips guarantees that it will exist in some form in most women.

Trust me, I was just as confused as you are. It was actually one of those rare, genuine crazy-pills moments, the kind that make you break out in a cold sweat because something's just… wrong. Like the Matrix has just shifted or something. A whole pub table full of otherwise completely sensible young adults normalfags, granted agreeing that the thigh gap doesn't exist naturally, it's just a male fantasy, it's a beauty magazine fad designed to make women starve themselves.

It reminds me of that time some threads back when someone posted a 'male body shape vs female body shape' image - might have been this one - and someone came into the thread and said 'but that never happens on real women' (emphasis mine). It's just this horrible feeling that SocJus is embedded much deeper into our culture than I would care to admit.

Several GENERATIONS of Marxist brainwashing at every level of the educational system will do that to a society. It's disheartening. I'm an outcast, I never fucking "fit in" with everybody else, probably because there's legitimately something wrong with me, but because of this defect in my own personality I've been spared the corruption that all of the normal people drank. Me and people like me, people who don't fit in to society and for all intents and purposes should have been excluded for the BETTER, are now the only people who can see the horrific disease that's taken over that society.

It's like some kind of sick joke. It's like the plot of a corny comedy movie. All I wanted to do was play video games. All I wanted to do was read comics. Now the whole world is sick and the only ones who can save it are autistic social rejects.

TRIGGERED

Getting tired of these reruns

As an outcast, you never internalized social conformity, whatever part that manages that was never developed.

Watching a surgeon reconstruct his Tumblr wounds would probably give him better insight as to how to make it worse next time

Why is that thing a cop…?
Was it a diversity hire and now they can't fire it?

Why no one has noticed that the daughter of the man who created robots - and her only - can brew a tea that acts as an hallucinogen for robots?

That giraffe is more fuckable than anything else Jeph can draw

Rather than all that Alice Grove shit which fell right flat on its fucking face, Jeph could easily make a side-story from all the shit he's got here.

If he wants to try a different tone, why not investigate the potential of this robot tea stuff? Maybe some robots could become addicted, buy all currently available stock and may even be willing to rob a store to get the leaves.
He could also follow up on the robot wars illegal fighting; surely the ring in hipsterville can't be the only one? Even skip back a few years and show how it came to be in the first place.

How can he miss all that potential?
Bearing in mind the re-writes we've done in the past, do we know Jeph's universe better than he does?

I wonder what his ambitions are for the comic. What does he actually want to do with the characters?
There's so much he could do; so many avenues to explore, but he seems content with it being a meandering, diversity dump.

The first part of the pic is screaming for an edit.

Nothing.

Nothing.

Nothing.

Jeph doesn't even know what that word means does he

If that illustration is the one that was being discussed, then the user in question wasn't wrong (whether or not he was a faggot I can't say, as I apparently missed this conversation). If you tried to map the proportions in that image onto a real person, it would look completely fucked. She's got shoulders like a trout and her waist is thinner than her goddamn skull. I don't mean to be a buzzkill, but that image you posted is a personal bugbear of mine. I've seen it bandied about for a couple years now as some kind of "proof" of correct body shapes, but even just the way that knees and waists are rendered should make it pretty obvious that the artist had very little understanding of the underlying anatomy.

I'm not exactly the Grand Pubah of Anatomy myself, but pic related is, in my estimation, how a normal, reasonably fit human female is shaped. I think that a lot of people misinterpret that old rule-of-thumb about a woman's shoulders and hips having about the same spacing. In particular, I suspect that people either interpret "shoulder" as "the outer boundary of the shoulder", or they mistake the upper thighs (wonderful in their own way) for the hips. The point where the shoulder articulates to the torso does line up with the crest of the hip bone, but the actual volume of the shoulder tends to extend a bit further out. Similarly, the uppermost portions of the thighs tend to extend a bit further out than the actual hips.

But the one you posted is also bad, ask a woman to get nude and stand like a clown and you will see.

women have extremely tiny heads and flat topped skulls, and yeah only the starved ones have their hipbones visible, in real life women look like bag of flesh, even if they are not underweight, all this chars and whatever are just made by convention, everything is blobs, humans want to build humans as if they were sexy buildings.

That's a fair point, and I'm not a artist myself, but their argument was - if I recall correctly - that women's shoulder-to-hip ratio isn't appreciably different from men's, or at least not to the point that you could tell. The actual discussion was probably something about Clarence and trannies in real life being some of the most unnerving things you can see, when they don't have the benefit of the Myspace angle, three metric tonnes of makeup and a professional photo doctor. Having only just left university, I've had the bad fortune to meet more than a couple of them, and there really is just something off about them. Not least is the fact that they never actually act like their preferred sex, especially under any kind of stress. As soon as you contradict them, or tell them no, MtFs will start getting physically violent, and FtMs start crying and bitching. You'd think they'd put a little more effort into passing.

The worst thing was how I had to humour their sickness when doing historical re-enactment. The girls wanting to do combat displays was bad enough, but whatever, GRRL POWER, just tell them to dress like a man, put a hood on, and don't put them anywhere tactically important, fine. Now introduce the men who think they're women who want to pretend to be men and the women who think they're men and you just have a recipe for young children being both confused and misinformed about history.

I'm reading this in a drunk slav voice and it almost makes sense.

Good point

user here is correct though
Save for a slim minority, women are ugly blobs that we have unrealistically idealized
Real wumen are not worth pursuing

Man these social justice fucks are paranoid. Why is this the default assumption? Exactly what "weird" things are expected to happen?

This is an "inside joke" regarding Jeph's multi-day meltdown over Martin Skirelli on Twitter a week or so ago.

So I hear you guys like off-model artwork.

Because one of the mechanics is Faye
I really wouldn't trust Faye not to sabotage copbot's inner workings for revenge/future business

It's pretty easy to explain, actually

And random hands-behind-head pose is back.

Has Jeph just made Fayne lose about 30lbs in the space of one scene?

RAAAAAAPEEEE!

w i d e

Oppressive as fuck, tbh fam.

You could easily turn this into a story about Hannelore's abhorrence of human frailty and bodily unpleasantness leading her to covet and/or wish to become a clean and perfect machine.

You could make a reasonably interesting story from this hook. Jeff sure as fuck can't.

What did she mean by this?
How to make robot babby?

how is robobabby formed
how gears get pragnent

Hang on, why did Hanners even show up at the repair shop? I understand she brewed the tea, but why did she personally need to be present when Copbot was drinking it?

We predicted this- couple of pages of meandering bollocks and then the lolrandumb character shows up to be random.

You know, for hallucinating under the influence, those robots seem surprisingly lucid while describing what's happening. They always even pull that fucking eyes-closed face everyone makes when they're making a point or being condescending.

Aside from that, this really is phenomenally boring.
The whole fucking webcomic is just coasting right now.

Devoutly hope to bring you great enjoyment in this digital age.
Unique appearance designed as a gold brick and comfortable for handling.
This machine packs into the battery the each openning the confidential waiting for for the first time 10 second, need the machine from measure to complete to grow to press to open the machine key the square can show, the inconvenient place begs your pardon.
Indicates that the battery is 1.5V and the power in battery will become less when using.
There has eight grade, Auto search starch station demand to signal intensity more high when the grade more high

Yeah, sure, Jeph doesn't read these threads at all.

How long until Officer-bot moves into the apartment with Faye and Bubbles and Marten and Clarence?

And then she gets shipped with Winslow and loses all her personality

She probably loses the cop body and can only afford to get a cheapo male version. Winslow will struggle with the change but only for one strip before he's 100% unquestionably on board because we can't have homophobia or transphobia.

I had a dream last night, where in I punched the tranny in the face after >she tried to make a Jeph-styled witty remark. I retorted with something that included the line "my fist in your face", right before the literal punch to the face. The rest of the dream, before and after, is to hazy to recall, but it was a weird dream as far as weird dreams go.

I haven't made any omits/edits or even posted here in quite some time, so it's a little out of left field to be getting hit by the Jeph dream curse. I thought myself immune, but Pride cometh before the Fall as they say.

nice knowing your hand

Before she moves in, Faye talks her into replacing her skin to a more neutral flesh tone because it will help her in job searching. The robot with an intense fear of body modification will be talked into it in three sentences at most, and then Jeph won't have to look at the color refrence charts he doesn't use anyway.

Never a strip goes by where we're not reminded of how SHIT Jeph's robots are.
Why would rokocop feel embarrassed and not just mildly disgusted?
Why not respond with something like, "Do you realise that if a horse were to ejaculate inside you it would cause serious injury?"

So we have a robot that's easily embarrassed and faints at the sight of its own components, and that we've already seen is a shitty detective.
Why would *any* police force think this would be a valuable asset to the department? It'd be better suited cleaning floors.

Could be a human brain transplanted into a robot body and trying not to let that fact get public.

So he actually thinks "lol, random" stuff is funny?

I think the point is that when the copbot drank the tea it hallucinated the same unicorn-related fantasy.

I think all the cops we've seen are bots. Perhaps robots in that world pracitce some sort of ethnic ingroup preference?

I thought copbot just had the giraffe?

Well, she is a robot.

She aint that big.

Why is Emily morphing every panel. Is she a fluid robot?

The giraffe was at the door, the unicorn was in the bedroom.

Nah its his style

The neutral flesh tone of course being shit brown. Ry'nee bleats and gurgles about how copbot is exploiting her cultural identity for a page or two then the conflict spontaneously resolves itself

Oh yeah, Winslow was guilted into doing this volunteer stuff like a month ago.

Jeph forgot which one is punchbot

Wow, Jeph making light of therapy sessions for those with serious psychological issues.
How incredibly insensitive.

Why was that guy at the desk looking so stressed, anyway? By the looks of it, the job is nothing more than telling AIs nothing is their fault.

Because that's glasses from Alice Grove and he's traumatized from being murdered and then transported to another shitty Jephiverse

I should have paid more attention to those Chick tracts.

Nice filename.

Look at the face on that fucking robot. It's Hillary Clinton.

That's something his fans would definitely pick up on as racist.

D I V E R S I T Y
H I R E

I still feel nothing.

Hmmm….

And all because they accepted an AI, who has only been out in public for all of 24 hours and only passingly interacted with a handfull of people in its entire operational existence, as a volunteer counsellor.

I know the horse is beaten to death, but I feel the need to state again-how retarded is this society? Robot rehab? Just delete the idiots and install a functional AI into the frame

I know the horse is beaten to death, but I feel the need to state again-how retarded is this society? Robot rehab? Just delete the idiots and install a functional AI into the frame

After this, they won't even need to meet in person. They can just hop on a network and create a group psychotic feedback loop which will iterate and mutate faster than any human psyche could. Who knows what mad dreams such artificial minds might concoct once they begin to ruminate on baroque obsessions unmoored from physical reality?

This is canon.

I kinda like Droid 06

Quality craftsmanship

FEEEEEEEEELLLLLINGS

Looking at this comic beamed a sissy ahegao image of pinkboy into my brain for a split second. What the fuck kind of occult shit is handstab doing over in canuckistan? Fuck man, I don't even like traps.

Why is the female model as tall as than the male model?

Robots can look however they want, but they strive for mediocracy, not greatness.

Winslow specifically chose the F4-GG0T chassis, remember?

Maybe a bit of a nit-pick, as I'm sure all this makes sense given Jeph's cast of hipsters, faggots, hipster faggots and general idiots with very low standards, but wouldn't an AI going for its first proper body want something completely bespoke?
Yeah, maybe have some anthroforms straight off the shelf for menial workers, security, soldiers, cops etc, but I don't see an AI capable of emotion, with its own drive and desires, just picking any old shite on display.
I'm sure it wouldn't have been too hard to just have Winslow and Hannelore flip through an app on a big tablet, giving interchangeable options for legs, torso, hair, facial structure etc, etc.

Shit, you could do that in fucking Morrowind never mind what it supposed to be some sort of futuristic society.
So, maybe Jeph wanted to make his lolsoradum jokes about wonky bodies etc, but with the app method he could have drawn all the wacky reaction faces he'd like when they come to choice of genitals.

I mean for fuck's sake, I came up with this while typing this fucking post, and he gets paid for this shit!

It's not gay if it's a robot (?)

It would probably be possible for the pink bot to pick up a really fancy custom model as well, given that his master is extremly rich. Doing so would also have made a more solid foundation for the plotline of the privilege-checking by blue bot.

More like Jeph strives for mediocrity, really. Why bother trying to improve one's art or writing when normalfags will dole out Patreon shekels for the bare minimum amount of effort?

Maybe we get to see Dale fuck the robot after all. At least it'd be some drama.

That too, but his characters mimic that trait. Look at the pink robot in . It's rich and should be able to buy whatever body it wishes. Instead, it settles for the body of a generic, short, pink sissy.

Blue is the new blacked.

Don't forget Marten. Youth is ticking away and his employment history includes two intern-level jobs. Same goes with all the other not-youngs stuck at the coffee shop.

May is pretty disgusting in panel three, she looks like blue Faye

Never in my entire life have I ever heard anyone use "wee wah wee wah" as dismissive mockery.
I've heard "blah blah blah" and "meh meh meh" but "wee wah wee wah" just sounds shite.
It sounds more like something you'd say as mock-Chinese.

I think Jeph is trying to go for ambulance siren noise but is retarded

I love how the chair of May magically transports to a more easy to draw angle, but then it gets fucked up again. Panel 3 makes her scoot almost to the inside of the circle.

Sounds like screeching

I think it's whining.

Is that loss on the gun in the last panel?

It should

mocking hugboxes six years ago would have been fairly cutting edge

tangents and perspectives 101

bonus perspective tutorial

Bravo Jeph

Patreon bonus

Dora's really showing her competence and commitment to safety by operating known faulty equipment, totally not code violations.

Why the hell is Faye doing the math?

Cheeky way of explaining why Faye's been off-model, Jeph.

Menstro's wearing pants but is still effectively topless.
Is Jeph finding it difficult to actually draw Menstro in the first place? In this single strip it looks lumpier and uglier than ever before, and more distorted from one panel to the next.

And is it just me, or has Faye been coloured more brown in this strip?

Clarence looks less like a woman every time we see him. Now he's just Cinton with some mantits.

Because with the ass-backwards way ai works in QC menstro isn't any good at math despite running on it.

Of course not, for several reasons. The first being that food budgets would come out of her allotted wage, not their newfound partnership. The second being that they are both freeloading with an omega-tier closet homosexual and his boyfriend.

Why would they be considering food in their business budget? That's not good bookkeeping.

I hope they're not trying to deduct Menstro's electricity as a business expense either.

Jeph should really know more about how to run a business, having been self-employed for all these years. He probably owes thousands in taxes because of his incompetence.

Dora looks a bit different.

I think it's just that the camera turns 90 degrees while bluebot turns the same direction to hug pinkbot. You can see how the wall has changed from containing a window (mirror? painting?) to a door.

I don't get it. Why is Dora so nervous? If she is lying, why?

Because Bubbles is intimidating her into saying something healthy, despite the fact that ramen and string cheese clearly worked.

Holy shit, how did he fuck up the shadows in the 3rd panel so badly?

Still doesn't make sense. I think this is because before this strip Jeph didn't bother to set Bubbles up as the doing mother and Dora as knowing the aforementioned. There really isn't a reason for Dora to be acting that way. It's like getting halfway through a Terminator movie and having a character look at the screen and say, "Oh, I forgot to mention, everyone is afraid of Arnold Schwarzenegger because he's actually a metallic cyborg from the dystopian future."

Yeah, it looks like she's wearing a cowl or something.

This could have been an ideal point to have Menstro do something in character for its supposedly military background.

It could have recommended a selection of MREs for Faye, thus leading to more comedy later on as she pretends to like them.
That way Jeph could have drawn all the wacky, zany reaction faces he'd like.

How the fuck did Dora know what to say, anyways?
For all we know, Menstro could have been fishing for "A steady rate of consumption of high-protein bars" or even fucking "Steak and eggs".

That in itself could have been the joke - Dora starting to suggest various foods, finally settling on the ones that didn't make Menstro scowl at her.

Like, "Hah, basically I lived off ramen and beans… which is a terrible diet and I wouldn't recommend to anyone!
There are great deals on candy bars in the stores - that could… get you into hospital real quick, so definitely do *not* do that!"

etc etc

Uh-oh!
Is Menstro's pushing for a diet of fruit and vegetables suggesting that Faye is…. FAT?!

Yeah but then Jeph would have to draw MREs. Though, MREs would be perfect for Faye. They're designed for caloric density.

By Jeph assuming the audience was inside his head and was privy to the phone call from Menstro to Dora that was never shown.

I actually didn't notice that until after I posted; I saw the painting frame and mentally parsed it as the door frame for some reason. Still why the fuck would you turn the camera and a character at the same time, It's disorienting.

Maybe QC characters are living in a siulation. Except that the simulation is really primitive and they're basically 8-bit sprites.

After having constipation for the past week, I just took a stimulant laxative and spent the past hour shitting. Some of it was hard and dry. Some weird yellow and stringy. Some round. Some long and firm. Some explosive and wet. One of the shits even had a little blood in it. I probably lost 10 pounds worth of shit.

Each and every pile of shit I left in my toilet still isn't as bad as this webcomic.

Robomance in the air.

You motherfucker - I almost spat coffee all over my screen.

Is Jeph trying to save time by giving Faye and Winslow the same head?

And another nit-pick - there's pretty much no point whatsoever in having a temperature sensor with that kind of resolution. A fucking fly's shadow would alter the reading.

A+

Hey, wait a cotton pickin' minute here…
Faye didn't ask for consent before physically contacting Menstro, and she's also literally objectifying it by reducing it to little more than a storage heater.

cotton picking is racist user

It's a personal nitpick of mine when characters know or measure numbers to entirely arbitrary precision to show how sciencey they are. It just shows a complete misunderstanding of the whole point of taking readings in the first place. I've seen people have reports marked way down for claiming they were far more precise than they could have reasonably been.

It's almost certainly indicative of the most invasive and damaging kind of 'I Fucking Love Science' scientism, as well. People emulating and praising scientists for every tiny discovery or correlation they find like they're some kind of prophets of a utopian religion, where some vaguely defined 'SCIENCE' has all the answers and all we have to do is supplicate ourselves as hard as we can to the gods of equality and humanism. The inevitable vaguely brown heaven of friendship and multiculturalism will come, and we just have to ostracise the racist heretics and keep paying our GoFundMe tithes, or our new embodiment of absolute evil, Hitler, will come and drag us all back to the Dark Ages.

The resolution of that reading is nowhere high as you might think; it's actually quite low. 0.166667 is 1/6 of a degree, with rounding error at just six decimal points. Therefore the sensors are likely precise that that degree or a multiple, e.g. 1/12, 1/18, 1/24, etc. Assuming 1/6, the most likely outcome, this amount of precision is rather useless for anything but whole numbers and is actually significantly less precise than cheaply available thermometers, which can measure to at least 1/10. Additionally, the rounding error at the sixth decimal point indicates that Menstro's temperature sensors are sampled at half-precision (16-bit), a space-saving format that has been uncommon since the days of MS-DOS and Mac OS pre-X. Even whole numbers are sketchy for that level of precision. A caveat of ±1 degrees is warranted, which makes relating the decimal values especially pointless.

Way I saw it was that the sensor was measuring temperature in 0.000001° increments.

Aside from that, when I saw at first I had no idea what the fuck was going on. I know it's a staple of these threads, but I really have no idea how to interperate that fucking stupid expression.

That's an understandable assumption but not actually true, most likely, hence the clarification. Measurement and precision are big topics of discussion in areas like chemistry and computer science–the two areas needed here–but Jeph being a music major doesn't know any of that.

It's 4, actually
milesmathis.com/pi2.html

We sidestep the romance tangent to introduce four panels of two characters walking through nondescript corridors talking about old music.

This comic constantly pushes the limits of plausibility. Menstro may not consume media, but she hangs out around media junkies and will pick things up via osmosis. Beatles music is featured heavily in advertisements, often in covers. It also cools the romance because researching a potential mate's interests is like step 1. Music is basically the only other non-self destructive interest she has other than welding. If it's not that then the topic will gravitate toward drinking, casual sex, manipulation and emotional abuse, and Faye's dead dad. So, yeah, better become an expert at discussing music.

Assuming you start as a war robot with no civilian music interests, you could easily overhear a Beatles song in a commercial or cover somewhere and, not having heard it before, just think of it as some song with no connection to the word "Beatles".

Yeah but Menstro arrogantly declares this is absolutely not the case, even after rebuke. I guess this is yet another example of how pointless these robots are. Hate snarky, arrogant people who won't back down even when it's patently obvious they're wrong? Good news! Now our robots do it, too!

I'm kinda surprised he managed to spell "Beatles" correctly.

The story of QC, for what it's worth, has taken a definite downturn since the damp squib of Alice Grove.
From that, these topics have been slowing down since the story has become so boring that we have nothing to work with.
But now I actually suspect that Jeph is performing some sort of scorched earth policy with regards to his detractors - he could actually be making his comic so deliberately boring that all his critics just move on to something else, leaving only his most hard-core, cognitive dissonant fans and those who forgot they pledged to his patreon.

The topics are slowing down independent of other factors, but Holla Forums loses a sizable chunk of its audience every September, probably as people go to college and never come back. The topic has been in autosage for over a week and is only on page 8.

With regards to Jeph's strategy, I think he is deliberately finding how little he can invest and still retain his Patreon funds while he spends his life posting on Twitter, watching moe anime, and playing casual video games. The problem with this strategy is the rapid nature of downfall once the inflection point is reached. People tend to remain committed as they gradually lose interest and then abandon seemingly suddenly once they're beyond the event horizon. They will debate for years over the single event that did them in but in reality it's a boiling frog type of thing.

I was wondering about that as well. Why the hell would Menstration wear clothes when she's radiating heat 24/7? If she keeps the heat trapped in with clothing, then sooner or later parts of her system (if not the entire thing) will suffer a meltdown, shorts, or at the very least the mechanical parts of her system will start to fail.
Although, I suppose if her system is designed to vent heat purely from the top of her head (which does make sense), then that could be mitigated to some extent. However, there's also the issue that something as large as her probably needs to take in fresh air as well, and the clothing most likely blocks that off. Not to mention that all I see on the top of her head is synthetic hair, which would block the outtake system and cause problems.
Of course, her system could have minimal airflow, and the entire chassis acts as a heatsink. That, of course, also has problems due to her size and power, making such a system undesireable because heat could still easily build in the system and reach a critical point, not to mention that once again, the clothing causes problems by blocking fresh air and insulating heat.
There is also the possibility of liquid cooling, which would make sense for a robot her size, but that would require a considerable radiator which we've seen no exidence of, unless it's on the top of her head being blocked off by a full head of synthetic hair which would once again cause problems due to there being something blocking the system. Plus, once again, she'd need to take in fresh air some somewhere the clothing is blocking off.

I think the only thing to take away from this is that Jeph's an idiot.

Keep in mind she used to wear armor plating that covered everything from the neck down, and that's gotta be less breathable than fabric.

Well, we have lots of electronics today that are basically metal or plastic boxes, but everything has a sufficient cooling system to keep it all from going up in smoke.
The clothing is really just icing on the cake, but it makes no sense regardless.

You'd think instead of clothes it'd be aluminum or copper plating because, you know, that's what conducts heat, plus aluminum is reasonably durable on top of that.

Could also be that Menstro wants to blend in and be accepted by dressing up like an idiot.
Kinda like Clairence.

To paraphrase Count Dooku.

Jeph is a faggot, Menstro meant that heat is her only wasted product. She holds on to her worn out bearings, contaminated grease, fried circuitboards, damaged skin parts, and other assorted cast-offs. It's the robot equivalent of keeping your appendix and tonsils in formaldehyde next to your thousands of jars of cast off hair and nail clippings.

Jeph's being really indecisive with this. His core audience seems on board. I wonder what the hold up is.

Menstro still regards Faye as beautiful while its augmented robo-hearing means it'll be listening to her farts all night and can give an exact temperature reading of each and every one.

the closest QC will ever get to rape

Is that our budding cam whore from last year deciding breaking into someone's house would be oh-so-random and zany?
Oh, and it's the return of wacky, random noises like "blarglbargl" or whatever the fuck it was.

And I'm hoping Menstro let her in a few minutes ago, otherwise it's a shitey SpecOps robot.
But then, apparently she needs an introduction to Menstro, so she managed to break in and get on top of Faye before Menstro does anything about it…
Menstro jumped on Clairence at the sound of an overly-exaggerated squeal of feigned interest in relationshit ('cause that's what real girls do, r-right Marten?!) and it's knocking the fucking doors down.
But a masked intruder jumps on top of Faye, shouting in her face and it's just another day at the office.

ewe

My theory is that Menstro was hoping Faye would be actually murdered.

Is it new thread time soon?

Jesus fuck, yes. I need to save everything first.

Jeph really is determined to make every female a lesbian.

If Jeph were minimally self-aware I'd say he was mocking his own comic.

New thread