Dungeon Fighter Online

A N T O N R E A D Y Edition

Dungeon Fighter Online is an MMO Beat ‘em Up made by the korean company Neople. You can play as 13 different classes, all with different branching subclasses that play vastly different from the others.
The current classes the game has are the Knight, Male/Female Slayer, Male/Female Gunner, Male/Female Fighter, Male/Female Mage, Thief, Priest, Creator and Dark Knight.

You can get it from Neople’s official website, dfoneople.com/

Not exactly. Most of the things that you pay real life money for and that you might need for getting stronker (such as avatar packages, pets, etc.) can be bought with ingame gold.
The truly great stuff you need to get stronger (legendaries, cards, epics) can only be acquired through grindan and getting lucky or buyan if you're a richfag.

8/v/’s guild is Infinity in the Cain server (currently the only available server). Say that you’re from 8/v/ once you request entry into the guilds. Requests without confirmation will be ignored. Additionally, players from South America will automatically be assigned to their own server, Sirocco, upon account creation. You can get around this by having someone else make the account - ask in the thread!

docs.google.com/document/d/1V71M2XyQmFw6PoeKe59ZetTeZrvvgX4vacRstlimWd8/edit

CURRENT EVENTS

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/download/c4rpblc3t1m7rg6/Infinity Divergent Pack - Anton and Zelva.zip
neople.zendesk.com/hc/en-us
dfonexus.com/threads/official-server-return-of-friendship-system-and-various-additions-update-january-28.9854/page-2#post-260239
dfonexus.com/threads/official-server-character-balance.8430/
dfonexus.com/threads/official-server-class-balance-pt-2.6239/
wiki.dfo-world.com/view/3rd_Chronicle
dfoneople.com/news/updates/221/Character-Balance-Update/Male-Fighter/Grappler
dfoneople.com/news/updates/172/Special-Gifts
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I miss his old voice

While I'm at it, here's a soundpack I made for Anton and Zelva areas

mediafire.com/download/c4rpblc3t1m7rg6/Infinity Divergent Pack - Anton and Zelva.zip

What's a good class to start with?

General concensus is that every class is good to start with as long as you don't make Rangers, since they require very heavy funding to become decent.
It's encouraged to make alts anyway so go with whichever class you want to make and see what sticks

Is it fun ? Do you play it a lot to have fun ? Do you have to always play with people or can you play alone at least for grinding ?

So is the US/International client still behind the Korean and Japanese servers? Is it still a pain in the ass to improve your gear with cubes?

Fuck there is a fucking TON of shit happening when you start this game. There are SO MANY menus.

If it wasn't fun, we wouldn't be playing it.

You can get definitely get to cap solo, though I'd say around level 83 (cap is 86) is when you want to party with other people that still have their epic quest for faster exp. Just make use of events and you'll be fine.

It is pretty fun if you're into beat 'em ups. You go into dungeons, kill some mobs and level up to unlock more skills. After a certain level you can "awaken" to unlock super skills and a new set of skills. Some classes may appeal to you more than others depending on how you like to play (Launchers obliterate everything from a distance, Soul Benders debuff the enemy, Crusader buffs and becomes party God in endgame, Rogue to attack fast as shit, Monk if you want to ORAORAORA, etc.)
You can party up with people (we have an ongoing event dedicated to 'pairing up' with newcomers to get more points to spend on special items) although people don't usually go on parties until endgame dungeons due to scenario dungeons being pretty easy and EX Ancients/OV being challenging.

We're not very far behind the korean client. We're catching up pretty fast; some of the content we're missing as of now is F. Slayer's and Knight's 2nd awakening, Anton Raid, Elf Dungeon, the Demonic Lancer class and the NPC relationship system, to name a few.

What?

Couldn't you upgrade your gear through cubes or something a la Maple Story, but there was a possibility you could lose your gear?

Reinforcing takes some gold and clear cube fragments and you don't lose your gear unless you fail to reinforce gear beyond +10. There's a probability of reinforcing failing before then but it only delevels your reinforcing level instead of outright breaking your gear.
The success probability isn't gonna change so tough luck.

What in particular is confusing?
If you're new, apply to Infinity and say you're from Holla Forums's Holla Forums. We'll help you figure things out.

I think i'll give it a shot.
Might be starting to play next week

All the gifts, reward, events and whatnot. So fucking many boxes that glow. I'm not totally new since I played for an hour or so about a year ago when the rerelease happened. I didn't remember all this UI shit though.

I'll try applyin for the guild at some point. I'll get my bearings first.

Have they improved the game yet?
I quit september of last year.

double dragon 3 is better

I'll try this as well. Sorry for another shitty question, but which one summons all kinds of crazy shit? I'm thinking about picking a Necro, Summoner, Mechanic, or Witch.

Lots of things from the All in One patch changed the game in a very drastic way; for example, a lot of classes got reworked (Demon Slayer is actually not shit anymore, Female Spitfire has a jetpack now, Male Mages and Thieves are actually feasible to play and Rogue went from shit to amazing, etc.), many classes got their 2nds which had a hand into making them better, the introduction of scenario dungeons which makes levelling easy as fuck, rebalancing Ancients and EX Ancients (they're both lv. 85 now), the inclusion of Mirror Arad to gather EEs easier for Ancient grinding, Thief getting her last two sublasses (Kunoichi and Shadow Dancer), etc.

Witch isn't a summon class; she has a Homunculus passive from her 2nd awakening that summons some homunculus to fight with you, but she's all about using her contraptions to deal damage.
Haven't played any summoner class myself, so I can't really say. The four summoner classes in this game are Summoner, Mechanic, Necro and Chaos, by the way. I'm thinking that Summoner would be your to-go loli if you want to summon spirits to fight for you. If you're into giant robots, then play Mechanic. If you can stand swapping gear to optimize your damage, Necro seems like a good choice. If you like to kick your minions around to make them explode in the enemy's faces, play Chaos.

Bump

I'll try Mechanic and Chaos then…whenever the site works (I keep getting error pages as of now).

Do I have to unlock Knight to use her like you have to have a level 70 character to unlock Dark Knight (DFO wiki says Dark Knight has to be unlocked)?

You don't need to unlock any class; you can use any of them from the get go. The DFO wiki is pretty outdated so some things may not be up to par yet.
The only things you need to unlock are dungeon difficulties (to get King difficulty you need to not get hit more than 10 times and get an SS rank in Master difficulty and so on), and those are shared throughout any character you have in your account.

Oh shit we have Anton now? I really want to return but the grinding is putting me off even if it's from 80 to 85. It feels more like a job than something i have fun.

We just got Anton normals last tuesday. We got fucked up pretty hard the first couple of days but we're getting the hang of it by now.
When did you last stop playing? Leveling has been made significantly easier ever since scenarios were introduced. You might need to grind scenarios for a bit every now and then, but it's far less grind than before scenarios came in.

Just installed this game, anybody new want to buddy up?

Some korean showing EB gameplay with 9pc Lightning Abyss OV set.

There are two classes you can't pick unless you have a high level character.

I wish I sold my 200m when it was $40/m

Are there even any gold sellers that buy gold left

Haven't seen a gold seller in chat in forever. Plenty of people buying/selling cera though.

The basic story content is fun and fast.
I loved every world (expect that fucking Ice cave that overstays its welcome) especially the Ghent and Power Plant.
What really made me quit is that they expect you to put ETERNITY into Horn levels, and while fun, repeating them every day for 2 months gets you quite hard.
So I capped 3 characters and decided to give it a rest.
It was a fun ride full of action though.

Tried to register, but I never got the confirmation e-mail. Anyway to contact support?

Just got mine instantly

neople.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

The site crashed on me when I registered. I'll use the link you guys gave me. Thank you.

Bumpan

Downloading the game now, any tips for a beginner?

Can you play from Europe without lag since there is only a north american server ?

Join the guild so we can answer any questions you come up with quickly.

Latency in party is based on distance to your other party members. If you are solo, the only lag you will experience is picking up items and changing gear. So, if you find other Europeans to party with, you won't see that much lag.

I made a Chaos, and I'm enjoying the class. Are there any good guides out there?

Chaos is one the easiest classes to level. Summon everything and Sacrifice/Genocide Crush to 1 shot bosses. Brainstorm is your best buff.

Bump

I'm actually thinking about coming back. I rushed to ~64 last time on my witch and just stopped playing for a bit after getting Elven knight and Nen Master to the 50-60 range.

How bad is the lag when the party is not from the same continent?

It depends on the class.
Some classes have a huge reliance on grabs (mainly grapplers obviously) and those don't work very well with lag.
But most classes do fine if the lag is bearable, just don't expect to do the super endgame stuff without getting 3 more SEAfags to party with.

I keep getting an error when I try to make an account. Now I made an account several months ago but when I try to log in it tells me that my account has been blocked by an administrator.

How the fuck do I either log in or make an account from here?

I've had different results, but it can range from playable with not so bad lag spikes to god awful unplayable with lagspikes in every room.

Also a reminder that returning players get a pretty good reward with the buddy event going on right now (see pic).

My google-fu tells me that you should send in a ticket. Maybe it was blocked due to inactivity. Look here: neople.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

Unlikely. I made my account last year when the rerelease was made public (or I may have been in some sort of open or closed beta can't remember) and my account worked just fine a few days ago and it pretty much couldn't have been inactive for longer.

Bumpan

Good stuff.
Any newfriends want to buddy up? Hit me up or something, IGN is Syviis

Shit, I didn't know Female Slayer got released. Time to reinstall.

Female Slayer got released ages ago, man. They even got reworks to some classes and we ought to be getting their 2nd awakenings soon.
We even got the last two subclasses for thief recently and the only thing we have yet to see over here is Demon Lancer.

Bump

Bump
Post waifus and dress-ups

I was thinking about starting again.

But my fingers have been hurting lately.

You guys scored anything good during the hell weekend, I only got a Super star ring and some shoulder plate armor which I don't have an active class to use it. I did luck out and got Beckys shoes but I was so hyped I didn't realize the scoll in the partner event was the wrong otherverse energy scroll.

Only negatives I've seen beyond all the free shit that keeps me coming back is the not being able to notice when you're slightly off for an attack and how the attacks having no weight so you just attack through the enemies.

Is there anything to get to know what a guild is about before you join?

Creator and Dark Knight

That sucks, really want to buy skins.

Fanatics, Mount Hardt, and Time Break are far more annoying.

They made Genocide Crush too fun to not use against bosses.

You get used to the being on the right axis eventually, watch their shadows. Even flying enemies will have circles on the ground for you to line up with.
Some attacks have ridiculous hitstop. Try shining cut or just swing a zanbato through a group of enemies. It takes ages if there are enough enemies, sometimes long enough for the enemies you hit before to attack back before your attack finishes.

You get a minor stat bonus and some bonus clear exp depending on the level of the guild. Other than that, a guild is just a group of people with their own chat.
We don't have the guild revamp though yet which includes a bunch of new guild skills, a guild hall, and guild vs guild pvp.

Buy a KK code from another player. I think they go for around 10 million gold for 1k cera. You just have to find a good seller. People will also sell the ava packs.

I forgot to say, there are also two ava sets per subclass you can buy with just mileage which is the currency you get from completing dungeons. 65 mileage if you want a permanent piece which is 3 days minimum.

class*. Not counting creator and dark knight of course, they share avas with fmage and mslayer.

Are guilds for each character or for your whole account. Was thinking of joining a friends guild, Infinity, and Tubby guild.

Damn, was hoping to avoid having to risk my gold that much, don't necessarily have a good money source in DFO beyond Lost Treasure helping me.

I'm hoping they bother changing it or adding to them because the monthly thing was interesting and not all of the clothes look good to me.

Guild is character based. Keep in mind there is a waiting period of 3 days if you leave or are kicked from a guild.

So I tried to get into this game today because I remember playing it back in the day along with combat arms but like I can't get past the notice to get into the servers any tips?

Rogue

what notice?

the please wait 5 minutes to connect at the server list and never get in

Sounds like connection issue, got a firewall blocking it or something? Although I have no idea what ports dfo uses, you can try turning off your firewall temporarily to check. It might also be frozen while loading data.

Who will you choose when the waifus are unlocked?

Also, how's the future clothing dye work?

Npcs are divided into parts and you pick the color for those parts. dfonexus.com/threads/official-server-return-of-friendship-system-and-various-additions-update-january-28.9854/page-2#post-260239

Just fuckin give me same sex relationships Nipple

Yeah I'm slow. Anyways, as per usual caught between what i should do up. probably going to play a female slayer with a new friend and might play my oppai knight on the side. Is she still not allowed in PvP?

Chaos can't pvp at all. Elven Knight can pvp but I think she is still tourney banned in Korea if you care about that.

I just liked the ridiculous comboing EK could do, going back to my Witch and Nen made me feel like playing molasses.

I meant avatar dyes.

Dying NPCs just seems weird.

Why do you even play this crap anymore

Because I'm not a sperg?

Because doing two characters' full fp bars a day is already tedious with the current amount of fp, let alone with neogoy contracts with almost double your amount of fp. Besides, there are other ways to get fp like fp pots. You can even buy a complete fp bar refill with your mileage points, which you get by actually playing the game.

It's not like fp matters that much once you're at the endgame, anyway, since one fp bar's worth is enough to do whatever you need to do for the day.

TFW smooth run

We only died a few times, pretty good run.

Daily reminder that Medel is a BITCH if we don't annihilate her in the first 10s of the room

Ok, quick, how are F Nen Master's with new changes?

Once you get to 60 getting your fp bar depleted takes quiet awhile if you're playing efficiently.

They got overall buffs to a lot of stuff, in special tiger flash now buffs your skills so it's worth leveling,khai is now an AoE buff like solar shield and breath and the nen dragon is decent now.
However, we are getting yet another buff to f nen in the future which basically makes all her skills 4 times as fast, makes khai buff independent attack as well as the weapon attacks and adds 2 new skills for her.

Sounds really good. But I also looked into my grappler and noticed the skill slot for extra damage on grapples, and I'm really feeling the need to grapple.

Female grappler? They're getting heavy buffs in the same patch f nen will get.

Drizzle that sweet knowledge on me friend

dfonexus.com/threads/official-server-character-balance.8430/
This is the patch that buffed them that we're getting in the future.
Also included in the patch are F striker and M ranger buffs.

Oh I'm feeling something

Forever a Rhinoceros Beetle…

How long do you guys think it will be before they put the awakening outfits back up?

They'll probably add them back again when we get Lancer, since they re-released TAO in kDnF a while after he got released.

Bumpu

NERF

HOLY SHIT

NERF

These are buffs overall? Shit this is Decent terrible.

FOR WHAT FUCKING DAMN PURPOSE?

I mean it's not like I'll ever bother with DFO beyond going to level cap since I'm too poor/lazy/terrible at the game to gear up post-cap, but wow. That's…neat.

Skill damage is important due to crusaders being absolutely necessary in endgame and thus breaking the balance of the game. For the lightning dance thing, I assume it means you can start a lightning dance off a passive object. Lightning Dance wastes half its attacks on the ground anyway in single target.

Asura is apparently not that great in endgame. He does well solo but so does anyone else.

Because no one brings asura to endgame

Some more gameplay from our Anton dungeon runs

Praise Gaben our lord and savior from the grind. May he bless his followers with many visits, plentiful antonium, and usable epics.

Vagabond is pretty swag yo.

Ive been out of the loop for a while, last I played was right when knight came out and I ended up making that chaos knight.

It was okay but I just want to know if they've changed the witch in any way. Was she nerfed? Was she buffed? Any news on male knight?

Witch got some varied changes you can check out here: dfonexus.com/threads/official-server-class-balance-pt-2.6239/

No male knight in sight. Probably not for awhile since demon lancer just came out and the upcoming changes they've anounced are things like summoner/chaos/kuno nerf, mmage's remaining subclasses, and magic cata nerf along with buffs for classes reliant on that item.

Is the new Express thing worth using? Burn 2x FP for 2x EXP.

It depends on your situation. If you are time limited then go ahead. It also helps prevent running out of scenario quests but that shouldn't be too much of a problem with the new 99% exp pills in the mileage shop. Overall, it is a bit inefficient due to exp bonuses stacking additively so you don't truly get doubled exp.

Yeah I was figuring. I was experimenting with it compared to last time I ran an area. I think I might just use it for upper level stuff, but like you said about the mileage.

Anyone needs Behemoth Creature Change tickets?

I wasn't expecting 150 mil exp to bump my slayer from 50 to 64. Anyways add her up when you get a chance.

For what purpose

Hey i'm still alive, tos just has my soul atm

Meanwhile, at Saint Horn

I hate Otherverse.
Only area that's summoner friendly is Goblin Kingdom. I've only read up on the Ghost Train for the other side of the boat though so I don't know if there's anything else there. Either way, beyond tainted equipment, area seems pretty useless when you don't need Nihilistic Demon Stones.

Chronicle sets do a great deal for some classes and may even skip the need to get chock full of epic gear; for example, Demon Slayer fulfills the minimum requirements to get into Anton Raid with a 9pc Majin's Whisper set and a +12 liberation weapon. I hear it's the same with Dark Templar and Light Naught. Hell, before getting nerfed, Witch could clear rooms of Anton Raid with 6pc Solar Prominence. For other classes, some sets serve as a nice stopping point between being a scrub with magic seals and being armed to the teeth with epics and legendaries. Some others don't benefit that much (if at all) from Chron gear and would be better off using something else (like Elven Knights, since they get stronger the more pdef they have, thing that 70 chrons are severely lacking in)

You ought to party up with other people if you're having a hard time with OV dungeons. We could lend you a hand if we're not too busy.

You can check out the different chronicle sets here: wiki.dfo-world.com/view/3rd_Chronicle

You guys think I should make a new character to take advantage of that 1+1 level up event? I already should have a witch awakened at about 50

I don't care that much for the event beyond the free avatar.

If you always wanted to try a new class. I always have at least one low level character to run for easy FP events or whatever beyond boredom.

Why not? More alts are always a good thing since every alt that you level past lv. 50 counts for the arad explorer level, which gives every of your character's extra stats depending on the level. That and you get 500 free Demon Invites (acc. bound) for every alt you level up to 85, making it great to try and get epics for your main.

Just try to play any class you're interested in and see if it sticks. 1+1 is excellent for leveling two characters at once so try it out.

Bampu
Reminder that F. Slayer is getting her 2nds in about a couple of weeks, fellow edgelords

Is male grappler still shit tier?

I might consider coming back if it's not, since I was leveling that and a soul bender before with the 8ch guild. If it's still the same server even better because i'll have two characters in the level 30-40 range and I won't have to wait before I can keep leveling once I hit 20 again.

Seriously fuck the stamina system I just want to play all day.

Male grap got big changes when AIO hit: dfoneople.com/news/updates/221/Character-Balance-Update/Male-Fighter/Grappler

East and West servers got merged. You should try to find a buddy for the event(anyone will do) so you can get the easy neopremium from the current events which gives you a lot of extra FP. There's also like 5 different fp pots you can use right now to get even more. Depending on how long you were gone, you might also qualify for seria's greeting: dfoneople.com/news/updates/172/Special-Gifts

Alright. I'm updating right now and I'll be ingame soon. I've probably gotten kicked from the guild because of how long I've been inactive for (Over a YEAR at least)

I'm going to have to relearn my combos and skill imputs but I'm sure the fun will come eventually.

M. Grappler got a whole rebalance and even got a new RKO skill. He went from clunky as fuck to actually fun. His 2nd awakening skills are pretty great as well.
Remember to reapply to the guild and mention that you're from 8/v/ once you do come back.

Damn it, 1+1 event works both ways, there goes my free time.

Yeah I just tried it out, about fucking time these skills got to this version of the game. Second awakening is already in as well which means I get to finally have fun if I make it that far.

My Asura is also still around at level 40. I should probably get back to leveling that too.