Gotham By Gaslight

This is gonna suck, isn't it?

They're probably combining it with the sequel Master of the Future since Gotham by Gaslight doesn't have a lot going on in it. But yeah, it's probably going to be mediocre at best.

It should have enough to fill at least a 45 minute to an hour slot. All these changes are ridiculously unneeded.

You're right, but I imagine it'd be hard to pitch a superhero movie with only 5 or so minutes of action.

Jeezus christ. How is this looking worse than a ten year old one shot Mignola adaptation?

I have no hope.

They didn't even bother to come close to Mignola's art style. And yet an anime studio managed to do that really well for one of their endings, and a pilot episode of The Amazing Screw-on-Head preserved the art style while likely costing a tiny fraction of what DC's movie did.

Original story was pretty simple and would probably make for a 45 minute animated film at most. They need top add stuff in to make it 90 minutes. Shame that the extra material they chose to add appears to be shit and it seems to be tainted with feminist propaganda. Unfortunately, Selina Kyle is basically modern interpretation of Irene Adler that shows up in BBC's and RDJ movie, but at least she seems to have more femme fatale edge to her. Burlesque Position Ivy is nice, although she will likely be there for less than five minutes before getting killed by the Ripper or just forgotten.
**I am surprised that they did not try to shoehorn Harley Quinn into the film.

I'm guessing after getting ripped to shreds by the Internet for TKJ and B&HQ, Timm decided to play it safe and just steer clear of Joker and Harley altogether.

Not that I am complaining, she's an awful character and the less of her, the better.

I really hate how they found a way to give Catwoman short hair again, though. This is Victorian times for fuck's sake, why do they insist on sticking with that hideous dyke hairdo is beyond me. Long hair would suit her much more.

Because that worked so well for The Killing Joke

Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei?

Doing everything in shadow shouldn't even be that difficult. The Spawn animated series cast pretty much everything in shadow, even during bright daylight scenes, just to disguise the fact that it had a very small budget

Maybe it would be better if they kept these films to their original length and just release them in a bundle or something. Like do Killing Joke right and release it along with this done right. Did they use the voice from the New 52 movies for Batman.

It doesn't even make sense why they wouldn't. That's less stuff you have to draw. They don't even have to paint over black backgrounds to do it like in years past, it's a completely paperless process. All it does is make your animation look worse.

Sounds like it.

They need to again start outsourcing cartoons in Japan like in the 80s.

It's too expensive. The reason they outsourced cartoons to Japan in the first place was because they could get good exchange rates. Then of course the Japanese economy collapsed and of course the Japanese like to make their own shit anyway, so western studios started to focus more on sending animation to Korea, because they had good exchange rates and almost no animation industry of their own.

Ive honestly have no hope for it, nearly all of DCs animated shit is getting mediocre.

They need to strike a deal of some sorts, like that Marvel Madhouse collab.

They were always mediocre. There's only a few good standouts.

you meant shit

Catwoman was always a feminutjob, that's her character.

Holy shit I see so many complaints on Holla Forums by people who got no fucking clue.

Hello millennial friend.

you're one of them

I think the Japanese themselves outsource animation to Korea, these days.