Is it a good adaptation?

Is it a good adaptation?

no

I heard it was really funny. I haven't got around to watching it. I think I might watch it tonight instead of GOT. If this thread is this around, I'll leave some feedback.

The promos made it look shit

"I watch something instead of GoT" The first clever words a GoT viewer ever uttered.

I agree, but it has decent user reviews. Most of the people left nice comments, so I figure it's worth a look.

I'm on season six. I haven't been disappointed yet.

The pilot was really good but dragged on a bit whenever The Tick wasn't on screen.

The cartoon was a better adaptation.

You mean episode six?

Downloading right now, pilot was great so got high hopes for this.

This
Every scene with The Tick in it was gold. I also very much enjoyed Arthur's flashback - it was so oven-the-top gritty and edgy I can't help but love it.
But otherwise it dragged a lot.
I'll be giving the new eps a watch in the coming days. My friend who has already watched them says they are great, but he's got a bit of a shit taste.

Also, HEY, at least the new costume actually looks good. The plot one looked like absolute garbage.

is that peter serafinowicz?

it's that person exactly

crap.

Caught a few minutes of it over at my brother's place, Arthur suffers some pretty bold childhood trauma… which was pretty funny. Bit of a different spice to it, but I think it keeps a decent impression of Tick's mannerisms, need to see more first.

It isn't funny. That's the problem. It is a fucking try hard, and doesn't know shit about the source material.

Not if you are a fan of the Tick. In fact, it having a plot is fucking problem. Not only do they have to explain how they found Arthur's place, but the fact it has a serious plot is beyond retarded.

What are they trying to do? Make a Batman Begins version of the Tick? It's fucking stupid.

It's great. Batman Begins (Or Daredevil or Arrow) Deserve Satire, and so the Tick really works in that contrasting context.

Im a Fan of the Tick (Comics, Cartoon, TV Show), and I think this was a great idea.

Everything about the Tick himself is great. Arthur getting a lot of focus in the pilot makes sense, I think it works better with him as the focus character with the Tick popping in and out of his frame of reference. The world is nitty gritty but the villains are fucking great (The Terror taking down heroes through weaponized syphilis blinding them and him interrupting an execution just to steal Child Arthurs ice cream cone was pretty fucking great). The whole thing screams Christopher Nolan cinematic universe but the actual supers don't play by the rules. I haven't seen anything past the pilot but I feel like the contrast actually works out in its favor, and I can only hope they bring in Chairface at some point because they don't seem afraid to go ridiculous and play it straight.

20 seconds in and I can already tell you NO.

talkingtalkingtalkingtalkingtalkingtalkingit'sallinarthursmindtalkingtalkingtalkingrussianlettergibberishtalkingtalking

Where ya watching it, user?

PUT
the nerd in a
LOCKER.
because he's
RusSian

Thanks

Are you actually retarded?

On its own, yes it was great. Do you like Tick? Probably not. I thought it got the spirit of the comic right though.

10/10 Love it, best show

Why doesn't the show feature any villains or heroes from previous incarnations outside of The Terror?
Is it some copyright thing where they only have rights to the the core cast?
I would have expected at least some references in the background, but there was nothing.

Based on the look of the whole thing, I'm guessing they didn't have that much budget, there's like 5 or 6 superhero suits used in the show, you'd have to find actors for them, that have to be decent if you want to use them in later seasons and CGI is clearly not a good idea for improving suits because that looked like shit as well.

We can only hope it does well and they get more budget to work with for the next 6 episode batch somewhere in 2018, according to the wiki.

Still - they had this entire scene where Arthur plays with Superhero action figures, and I would have expected them to sneak in some known names. But we got nothing.

Wheren't the figurines of the Fantastic Five or whatever?
Strictly speaking you could use some old characters for that, but then they're already dead.
I'm kind of hoping we'll get some focus on whatever that seemingly defunct superhero organization was called next season and we'll see some classic hero's back through that plotline.

It was Flag Five, yes, the guys who got crashed on Arthur's dad.
But they could have certainly squeezed in some other heroes in there, ones that are still active.
The organization is A.E.G.I.S. (geddit) and I think they only moved out of the city, not stopped working entirely.

I shit you not.

Well it is literally made by amazon. It's clear with all the bad special effects, lack of decent intro and aforementioned product placements that the producers are not putting much faith in the series. The entire budget they got was probably about three bottles of Vitamin Water and a two Big Macs.

I mean its made by amazon

Wasn't the implication in the show that after the Flag Five's death and Superian supposedly killing off the Terror that there were no other superheroes in The City till the Tick came in?

That's because the Terror was in the comic before Edlund bailed on it. Same with Barry, Chairface Chippendale, Pineapple Pokopo, Caped Wonder, Arthur's sister Dot, Man-Eating Cow, Red Scare, and a few others. But American Maid, Die Fladermaus, Sewer Urchin, and any other characters who showed up in the cartoon can't be used.

The City? Yes.
The World? I don't think so. I'm pretty sure that there are still multiple superheroes active all around america/the world.

God I hope they bring in Chairface.

It's alright. Definitely feels budgeted though. Also has a weird mix of camp and grit that doesn't overlap the best sometimes. I really do like Tick's second suit and the way they made Arthur's suit was pretty nice too. Overkill looks like discount Deathstroke and Crossbones while Superion is discount Superman. Somehow he has the worst costume of the show despite being the biggest deal. So yeah. It's an alright show that manages to do some things alright but needs a lot of work to get it's footing.

What the hell could this thing be?

Something too expensive for the city to remove.

About 10 years ago, in my town, strong winds made a huge tree collapse into a nearby abandoned building. Since the building was already in ruin, the tree broke through a part of the wall and lodged itself halfway into the building. The town never bothered to remove it, and it's there to this day.
Best thing is, the tree stayed partially attached to the ground and is mostly still alive.

It's not that hard either. You usually get a rather buff guy and then you put something on his head. Chairface, the Pineapple for a head dictator guy.