Bad animated movies & shows with good original songs

Bad animated movies & shows with good original songs

Other urls found in this thread:

dcau.wikia.com/wiki/Min_and_Max
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I kind of liked Harley's song in the movie as well.

Turns out it's a cover of an older song.

Underage pls go.

And now I can't tell if you're actually fucking 12 or not. I could forgive not knowing Don't Pull Your Love as it wasn't as huge a hit, but there's no way known you could have no heard one of Blondie's most famous and well-known songs.

Shit thread, you struck out twice with "original songs" and you definitely struck out thinking that Melissa Raunch's jew/brooklyn hybrid voice made that song enjoyable.

That one wannable Disney movie based in russia

Heh.

Her ass got even bigger. I love it.

What was the name of it?

Fuck you Satan

This wasn't even bad, but thinking about good songs from animated shows brought me back to when Western cartoons were actually trying.

Get the fuck out of this thread, user. In fact, make a new thread, just for Big Guy. He deserves it.

I can never help but wonder what Western animation might look like today if it had kept advancing. It was easily on par if not better with its anime contemporaries, once upon a time. Now it's Flash animations that don't even pretend to have writing behind them.

I need to figure out a way to make a Banepost using Big Guy and RuCtIA.

A shame our cable provider dropped FOX Kids back then. I never got to see what happened after those aliens took over earth in the alternate timeline.

Well to be frank Big Guy was just a mindless robo-suit who everyone thought was a robot with an AI, including Rusty who was forced to think his "mentor/father" to avoid his fragile mind from crashing him and everyone around him with no survivors. So in a way, Big Guy is a mask for the smaller guy inside. The saddest part was that Big Guy's pilot was nothing like his Big Guy persona. So there's plenty of material there for some baneposting material.

We still have the comics.

We're getting an Animaniacs reboot by the way.

webm?

Why? Didn't it work better in the time it was made?

Here's a handful of random webms.

I wonder what happened to that animation studio.

In the second video they talk about putting the big guy into active duty in front of statues of Atlas. That's quite good sybmolism.

Anastasia

The studios decided they didn't want to spend money or take risks anymore. As bad as anime has become recently, Western animation has had all the life sucked out of it in comparison. It's exactly because the (((executives))) haven't been willing to venture outside of making products for very young children that anime has become as popular as it is now in the West.

>inb4 >>>/a/
All I'm saying is that North America could have had a big chunk of that market, but they ceded it all to Japan in favor of shekels.

Apparently not, even though the main composer passed away they don't give a shit.

I wonder that a lot too.
I feel like there was this weird common aesthetic between late 90s early 00s cartoons

After actually looking it up the answer appears to be Adelaide Productions.
They made all of those.
After 2005 all they've really made is Spectacular Spider-Man and The Boondocks the later of which ended in 2014.
They are not officially defunct but they are owned by Sony.

This series had absolutely no right being as good as it was, considering where it originated from.

Call me retarded, but I wouldn't give a single fuck about the decrease in animation quality I nowadays, if it didn't also come with a decrease in writing quality.
I only care about the practical aspects of a visual medium, not aesthetics. I like Gargoyles and BTAS like they are, but if Goliath was literally a red rectangle with a face, while Xanathos is a blue triangle, I would like it just as much. All I require from animation is that:
All of those are equally well accomplished by old school western animation, cal arts and anime style.

new smug pic, thanks

He's kinda right, but it doesn't make sense unless you explain.

They got really formulaic (Hanna-Barbera made something like 20 "Mystery solving + animal or other wacky object) in the 70s and 80s after a real Golden Age, then the market crashed due to oversaturation, then we got the late 80s through to 2000s with good stuff, and we're now back to "everything looks the same and generic".

Though people shit on the "everything is a cycle" meme, it does apply to almost everything involving money, which is a lot of things.

Do these two have names?

I feel like this entire movie was pointless and unnecessary. BTA series had an episodes just like this film and it was way better. Bats teams up with Harley to defeat the Joker. Harley sings and sounds way better than this shit. Harley almost shoots the Joker but kisses him instead, a hilarious ending.

Pretty much a weak copy and paste.

their names are Min and Max
they first appeared in the BTAS episode Two-Face part 2

dcau.wikia.com/wiki/Min_and_Max

Thanks

Same could be said for the latest batman film.

Rockadoodle? I'm hesitant to call it bad because Bluth's animation is great, but the movie is rather forgettable outside of the music.

If we're doing Don Bluth movies then I guess I might post some songs from Pebble and the Penguin. I had fond memories of that film.

Tv as a medium is dying.

This

How is it that Holla Forums doesn't have the cancerous autist that derails every thread with a Youtube embed screaming about webms?

Post webms and then hang yourself

speak of the devil.

so why were you MIA in this thread?

Hey cuckchan

Not that user, but I actually prefer webms because I don't wanna give random assholes clicks for their videos posted here.

That's the universal reason why people bitch for webms, and to save them.

save it.

christ

capitalism utterly BTFO in 2 minutes

Is it me or did the Onceler look like a rip off of the Warden from Superjail. I mean both got the top hat, willy wonka suit, pimp cane and elton john glasses.

bah they pussied out

I've never seen this movie, but this is an awful song. The VA's voice is strange and unappealing. The lyrics are awkward and stilted. Dancing around with a guitar and then switching to psuedo-rap was also cringey.

corporatism =/= capitialisim

Keep telling yourself that.

wasn't this made "using" capitalism?

Nuh uh. It ONLY sold Hybrid cars and disposable diapers! That doesn't count as capitalism!

Go fuck a food shortage, commie.

Eh, it's just supposed be an exaggeration of a business man, or a kids idea of what a cool business man would look like.

This movie had many problems, but the designs weren't one of them.

That song feels unfinished, and it is (it's labelled as a demo)

If it was a bit faster and had more rhythm, we'd have something

The sound got fucked over in the movie somehow.

Soundtrack version sounds a lot better actually

Newfag.

I don't remember seeing one.

Lurk moar.

yeah boy time to get fucking
EXTREEEEEEME

nigger I made that embarrassing video, why are you trying to fit in so badly?

I prefer my glorified toy commercials of anthropomorphic heroes with animation errors in the intro (0:18, watch the bikes)

what the fuck he just phased through him

I cannot tell if this is intentional.

God damn how have I not heard of this before. I would have loved this as a kid.

God those Twi leks are hot.

Side save from spam.