Anyone remeber this?

too bad it was cancelled because reasons

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ikpc1BN4nN8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I really liked it and it is probably on of my top ten shows. At least it was able to get a sense of finality.

It was a great show. What's the actual reason it was canceled?

What is that?

moral orel

Too dark

I feel like it could have used a couple more episodes, particularly to add a conclusion to the Clay/Censordoll plotline, but otherwise it was a really solid show. One of Adult Swim's best cartoons, possibly in the top three.

Wasn't that the entire point?

Adult Swim flipped the fuck out after they saw the first screening of Alone.

Couldn't tell with that Tumblr "art" style. Anyway the show was great, and I loved the ending with Orel keeping his faith in God and also having a happy family, in spite of everything that has happened to him.

this is the same adult swim that showed king star king
they should have made the entire season 3 in netflix

their studio shadowmachine is the same studio that created Bojack horseman
youtube.com/watch?v=ikpc1BN4nN8

Why?

The implied abortion scene probably got to them.

bojack horseman and rick and morty tackled abortion and get away with it
family guy tackled abortion and didn't get away with it on tv.

The whole thing of seeing the bloody hanger, the old lady's uterus was removed when she was little, and the fact that the teacher only lured to rapist just to get laid is kinda heavy.

What a bunch of fucking pussies. It's a network aimed at adults that's supposed to be edgy and cool. Who gives a shit how dark it gets?

Definitely more than a bit unfair to the creators, but I wouldn't change a single thing about the ending. When it started off it just felt like some hamfisted yet admittedly kinda funny parody of christians. After the hunting trip episodes though, shit got surreal.
The entire last season was heavy, a stupid but entertainingly twisted nod to Davey and Goliath Rest in Pepperoni Bartholomew was suddenly a full blown window into a world of the human soul trying not to drown itself in a sea of its bruised and battered faith and spirit. Moral was one hell of a protagonist.
I AM a Church!

Never heard of it.

Yet if that stuff was played for laughs they wouldn't think twice.

Never heard of it.

Never heard of it.

Why?

Moral Orel confirmed to be more offensive than Rick & Morty.

I guess the advertisers do.
Fucking pussies.

I think it went like this:

AS: great show! We think it should be dark!
Dino: You want dark? I'll give you dark!
*AS watches "Alone"*
AS: WOAH MAN WHAT THE FUCK?
Dino: you said you wanted dark.
AS: I was just saying more poop jokes and violence, not this!
Dino: that's childish bullshit. I make art.
AS: CHILDISH? YOU ARE FIRED, MISTER!

Just goes to show for how hip and cool they try to act, Adult Swim is a crappy business like any other channel.

They don't like this show having a dark episode, meanwhile they aired evangelion which had shinji jerk off on a comatose chick

That moment is in the finale movie though. AS never showed end of evangelion or death and rebirth. Though on one occasion, they did want to show Elfen lied, but that didn't go anywhere due to that show would be cut into ribbons by the censors.

This thread have made me watch the series. Now that I saw the three seasons, I gotta say that its was enjoyable, and dark but not as much as some here describe. Even seeing "Alone", I dont see the fuss about it. Why would Adult Swim hate it, when worse and cringe shit is put on TV? Also, was Orel fathers father an illusion in the end? Because it just banished at the end of episode "Passing" like magic…