What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

businessinsider.com/pixar-movies-thanks-to-napkin-sketches-at-lunch-meeting-2014-4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It was 1 per year since then.
and only WALL-E was reasonably good.

/thread

They made a few decent films, but i'll never forgive them for kickstarting the CG animation craze and killing traditional looking animated films forever.

basically this

ftfy

The Incredibles was the best capeshit movie of all time. Brad Bird is too good for this world

Never should have left them unsupervised..

Apparently a lot of their films were planned before the studio even opened. They ran out of those concepts.

Dreamshits

businessinsider.com/pixar-movies-thanks-to-napkin-sketches-at-lunch-meeting-2014-4

What's the jist of that?

TL;DR: One lunch a bunch of people sketched some stuff and the sketches became the successful movies. Wall-E was the last movie made from the lunch sketches.

Can you name a Pixar movie after Wall-E that is good?

Up?

eehhh? meh

Hes going to fuck up the sequel. Its starting with the underminer fight from the first one.

I know people don't consider it that great but Toy Story 3. No pixar movie has been grest since then.

So why dont they just go take another fucking brainlunch.

Problem is that they now go through breaking down every movie, micromanaging every part of it to make sure it appeals to every demographic.

Like in Inside Out, they do different versions of some scenes purely to switch out things like foods for different movie markets. They've become more concerned with cultural sensitivities than about telling a good story.

The furry movie.

Why are they doing that now? Too many cooks in the kitchen? They should just make what they want to make. Why are they bottlenecking themselves?

what always goes wrong

They make alot of money? isn't that the goal?

Do I really have to spell it out for you

Joe Ranft died.

Jews who are in charge of actually getting their ideas turned into films tell them to do things that are in line with the current agenda which causes money to fly out of them like diarrhea after a beaner buffet?

From my understanding they're largely based in San Francisco. So it's probably just a consequence of the politics of those working for them, who make less than they could if they worked elsewhere. Because keep in mind, San Francisco is a ridiculously expensive city and even people making six figures can find themselves living with roommates there.

That means those working for Pixar in places like San Francisco are essentially choosing to make less purely so they can work there, so they're driven more by ideology similar to what happens in the video game industry.

In the end, this means this is what they want to make. They want to make movies that flatter their political and ideological beliefs rather than make products that have more personal meaning.

Just look at what happened to Zootopia even. Originally the script was something like the Fox guy wanting to run some theme park where the 'predators' could run around free. Freed from the shock collars they were forced to wear throughout the rest of the city in order to coexist with all the herbivores. In that version of the story, the bunny was a police officer snooping around likely to try and stop the fox guy.

That would have been a more complicated story involving an uncomfortable subject, which SJWs would not feel comfortable delving into. It'd mean having to write characters sympathetically that are afraid of a minority as well as have a female main character that was essentially a villain. Instead, we get a basic buddy cop movie where there is no real villain until about the last 5 minutes of the movie.

There's an obvious fear in this writing staff for writing about uncomfortable subjects.

This all reminded a bit of this scene from Stargate SG-1.

Disney's own animation studio. Not pixar. It wasn't as great as people say it was anyway.

The wage fixing ruined my childhood

Wasn't the reason for the sudden shift because one of the guys behind the movie died halfway through its production? I really would have loved to see it continue down that love story path instead of having turned into that generic kiddie shit.