3DS Homebrew Thread

I don't have the fucking OP pasta but I need help

How the fuck do I access the eshop/NNID and shit from emunand? It keeps giving me error

I thought all you had to do was format sysnand which I already did but it still wont fucking work

what gives?

Other urls found in this thread:

gbatemp.net/threads/working-downgrade-from-10-6-
smealum.github.io/3ds/,
pastebin.com/fzF0771n
pastebin.com/2HDwD7Js
pastebin.com/ndCFEjjD
pastebin.com/gt8xVidc
pastebin.com/3Wee5dk0
pastebin.com/7JAD1x3U
pastebin.com/UdL5SN04
my.mixtape.moe/vxcoit.zip
github.com/Reisyukaku/ReiNand/releases
python.org/ftp/python/2.7.10/python-2.7.10.msi
pastebin.com/j0SfeDUn
volafile.io/r/acH6c7
pastebin.com/zcyPEbA1
archive.is/1h57a
3dsiso.com/cia-downloads/273961-mega-fire-emblem-fates-special-edition-content-restoration-patched.html
3dsiso.com/cia-format-gba-nes-gbc-gb-snes-virtual-console-games/267936-mega-pokemon-gba-collection-cia-updated-02-15-16-a.html
3dsiso.com/cia-format-gba-nes-gbc-gb-snes-virtual-console-games/273481-mega-gba-pokemon-hacks.html
gbatemp.net/threads/release-agb_firm-signature-patcher-gba-rom-converter.390313/
gbatemp.net/threads/release-gba-vc-banner-and-icon-generator.391566/
3dsiso.com/cia-format-gba-nes-gbc-gb-snes-virtual-console-games/273061-snes-vc-games-shin-megami-tensei-english.html
youtube.com/watch?v=FWLIGBNA_Hw
youtube.com/watch?v=tCme6dfXZjk
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases/tag/3.4preview2
3dsiso.com/archive/index.php/f-263.html
youtube.com/watch?v=v8km-Ipi8MU
archive.is/ytNJk
gbatemp.net/threads/mini-tutorial-sys-transferring-o3ds-emunand-to-n3ds-emunand.384638/
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-4-(Getting-the-OTP)
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/OTP-Info
delebile.bplaced.net/topic.php?id=9
3dbrew.org/wiki/NAND_Redirection
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/FAQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

guys pls

TL;DR: DOWNGRADING FROM ALL FIRMWARES UP TO AND INCLUDING 10.6 IS NOW POSSIBLE
gbatemp.net/threads/working-downgrade-from-10-6-
to-9-2.418037/
Memechunkhax2 is an exploit used to downgrade 3DS firmware. Most importantly, it can downgrade to 9.0-9.2, which are ideal firmwares that can be further exploited for access to CFW, and thus warez and faster homebrew and emulators via kernel mode. This is possible on any firmware up to and including 10.3. Memchunkhax2 requires access to homebrew in order to run.
Memchunkhax3 is an exploit, much like it's predecessor, to downgrade 3DS firmware. This time, it works on 10.4-10.6, and is considerably more stable(?). As it is a new exploit that just popped out of nowhere, it may be untested and unstable for some systems and firmwares. Use this exploit at your own risk.
First, quit being such a massive faggot, and then find your firmware version below. Then see smealum.github.io/3ds/, unzip the starter kit to your SD card, and follow instructions to setup the Homebrew Launcher. Note that Tubehax is dead on all devices, all firmwares. Ignore it.

3DS Downgrading & Setting up CFW Tutorials:
1. Downgrading to 9.2: pastebin.com/fzF0771n
2. Setting up CFW: pastebin.com/2HDwD7Js
- Here is an append for n3DS: pastebin.com/ndCFEjjD
3. Installing DevMenu onto emuNAND: pastebin.com/gt8xVidc
4. How to fix NNID not working on emuNAND (Error 022-2634): pastebin.com/3Wee5dk0

Misc.
Thread Archives, 3DSISO Account, and Others: pastebin.com/7JAD1x3U
A Bunch of 3DS .cia's: pastebin.com/UdL5SN04
Latest rxTools Nightly (only use if you hate yourself): my.mixtape.moe/vxcoit.zip
ReiNand Download (USE THIS ON N3DS): github.com/Reisyukaku/ReiNand/releases
Python 2.7: python.org/ftp/python/2.7.10/python-2.7.10.msi
Hardmods and Arm9LoaderHax FAQ: pastebin.com/j0SfeDUn
3d/scurv/ volafile: volafile.io/r/acH6c7
Guide for retards:
OLD 3DS ONLY, FOLLOW THIS WITH A N3DS AND YOU WILL BRICK
pastebin.com/zcyPEbA1
DO NOT UPDATE EMUNAND UNLESS YOU'VE MADE A BACKUP

Last thread: archive.is/1h57a

Thanks m8

Also I think I figured out how to fix my problem, I'm going to backup a raw SD card image to backup my emunand partition (dd for Linux and other *nix users, Win32diskimager for Windows users) format my emunand from system settings so Nintendo thinks I've logged out, then restore SD image to get my shit back

reporting back later
the captcha completion pages are unbelievably slow right now

What CFW should I install if I mainly want to play Nipponese games on a 3DS that's already 9.2?

How do I do it?

Doesn't the Homebrew Starter Kit already come with a region-free launcher?

of you want to main on your emunand though I think there's a .cia version you can use FBI to install to emunand

Didn't RX tools do that?

Didn't RX tools do that?

Alrighty so here's what I've done so far
-Made a raw SD backup image with Win32DiskImager (this will backup all partitions on the SD, it's the Windows equivalent of the Linux "DD" program)
-booted back into emunand and did a system format from the System Settings (Tinyformat/Emunand Tool are not necessary because we already made a raw backup)
-When the system rebooted I was brought back to the Homebrew Launcher (Emunand only sees data on its own partition so doing a system format will not affect your homebrew stored on partition 2) also I have my menuhax set to boot without pressing anything so your results may vary and you may have to hold L like default for it to bootup for you
-booted back into emunand from the rxtools launcher
-I was greeted with the setup screen
-setup system
-I was then able to log in and relink my NNID
-I then turned off the system, removed the SD card, put into my PC, and now I'm using Win32DiskImager to restore the backup I made earlier.

why do the 3ds threads keep vanishing so often? i could swear the last one was posted in more recently than some other threads in the catalogue

I believe rxtools is able to run games/cias from any region by default based on a little Google search I just did so yeah just install rxtools, I already have rxtools but I don't usually play moonrune games so I wasn't sure

Install instructions?

See

And

So is there any way to unlock all the puzzle pieces in Mii Plaza?
I just keep on using PlayCoin setter to get unlimited coins and I've been spamming the give me pieces button but surely there must be a better way…

RxTools since you can play other region .cias without the need of NTR.

Did it work? Good for you, user.

I want to get a New3DS for MH Cross. How the fuck do I transfer all my shit from my old one (mii encounters, plaza shit mainly) and still have a cfw? Do I have to make a transfer first and install the cfw later? Or can I transfer it post-cfw?

There's a transfer option thing installed on the 3DS. You turn on both 3DS's and start the program and it will walk you through transferring all data from one to the other. It's easy but it can take a while, and you will need an internet connection so Nintendo can verify and de-authorise the old 3DS and re-authorise things on the new one.

Nice butt BTW.

I'll be online for a few hours.If anyone needs a hand, I'll try to answer within 10 minutes.

I know that, but how does it mesh with custom FWs? Do I need to be on the last OFW to do that?

Oh yeah it worked, It was much easier than the shitty GBATempt pastebin guide also so someone might want to change it

Just format sysnand
Backup SD image with Win32DiskImager/Linux dd
Put SD back in 3DS
formatted emunand from System settings
get back into emunand
setup 3DS like normal
re-login to Nintendo Network
And finally restore the SD card image with Win32DiskImager/Linux DD to get your saves and installed games back

Oh yeah it worked, It was much easier than the shitty GBATempt pastebin guide also so someone might want to change it

Just format sysnand
Backup SD image with Win32DiskImager/Linux dd
Put SD back in 3DS
formatted emunand from System settings
get back into emunand
setup 3DS like normal
re-login to Nintendo Network
And finally restore the SD card image with Win32DiskImager/Linux DD to get your saves and installed games back

2 questions

What's the best CIA collection thread?

What games am I overlooking?

Did anyone dump Langrisser yet?

Fuck does anybody have an R4i or some other flashkart that they've used with a CFW'd 3DS? Does it work?

I still have my R4i sitting around, didn't give that one away to the kids like I did all my Pokemon carts. Nervous about plugging it in though.

I'm using an acekard 2i on my CFW 3DS.
Dunno what CFW you're on but with rxtool I just had to put a few files on the memory card and then it worked fine.

guys no matter how many times I tried I always stuck on the yellowscreen when I do browserhax. my firmware is on 9.7.0-12U.
pls halp

I had my brother do all the homebrewing after ironhax because I was busy with school and work. He modded my o3DS XL and we're sharing that right now, but now I want to mod my n3DS. Right now all I have running is Smealum's Homebrew Launcher. My o3DS, if you hold L while it's booting, boots to a whole new home menu with all the installed CIAs. Can I get that shit running on my n3DS or is it limited to a firmware older than the n3DS

>What you Need:

nvm I solve the problem, I switched console and used my other 3ds with 1.1 firmware instead

now anyone care to explain what's the different between AuReiNand and ReiNand ? my stupid brain can't comprehend the description in gbatemp

I seem to have encounter a problem with playing GBAs on the 3ds. Basically what happen that screen seems misaligned so a couple of the top rows of the screen appear on the bottom. (Notice the flames in the second pic)

Also if I hold start + select while starting a GBA game, the top rows are cut off and the bottom rows repeat. See picture 3.

I haven't test many games so far but it seems to have affect multiple games so far. Does anyone have a solution?

I through it would take even longer.
Now to play some vidya.

anonymous confirmed tor preferring penis over vagina

I'm on Linux trying to use the Universal Injector with fbi.cia and hs.app but go.sh is giving me an error "No hs.app found." But it is there. I took out the check from the .sh file and the program said it couldn't find process.sh but it's there too. I'm no linux master so if someone could help me out I'd really appreciate it.

i seriously hope the hs.app file is all lower case

It is. I am really at a loss as to why it is not seeing the file. I guess I'll try it in a Windows VM.

OK I got it working in windows. I figured out the problem too I think. It is a little embarrassing.

I was just dragging go.sh into terminal. I think I had to cd to the directory. I learned from my mistake.

Where might I find an illegal video games alley?

Some please tell me there is an English patch for the Medarots/Metabots games.

.cia of course

I haven't heard of such.

user pls

That is ultra mega lewd
I like it

So, I already hacked my 3DS, I otped it everything. Now I wanna try FE-Fates, as I've beaten Awakening.

Should I just get the US one, or the translated version? I heard someone was translating it, if so, how is the progress?

How do I up date the my rxtools on my o3ds to the latest(or is it even necessary?)

keys?
What kind of gay shit is that?

i have no idea what this retarded gay shit keys are. I'm finally switching to reinand on my o3ds

Jesus Christ you stupid fuck, at least try to google "key_0x16.bin and key_0x1B.bin download" before spraying your autism and piss all over the rest of us. It is so goddamn easy. Let me guess, you can't find a .dll either.

The original team spazzed out and quit, but apparently they handed off their work to another team to finish it off.

That hasn't done anything yet, but this guy has taken the US version, slapped the partially completed script on it, and changed the voices for the jap ones: 3dsiso.com/cia-downloads/273961-mega-fire-emblem-fates-special-edition-content-restoration-patched.html

And no, never touch the localized version. It is one of the worst I have ever seen. It's just insulting.

user, what I'm talking about is. We didn't need to do all of this shit with other CFW like Reinand.

I know its shit easy to search on it, calm your autism down.

I know you "solved" the problem but all you had to do was mach "A" during the browserhax load

None in the works as far as i know
hell we haven't even gotten medarot girls mission kuwagata version

So is there really no way to play DS games from SD Card? Is there any technical reasons why? I remember reading its because the 3DS takes I/O routines directly from the cartridge slot in native DS mode so why don't we just emulate a DS in the cartridge slot and those calls? It would certainly be much less overhead than trying to port an entire DS emulator over

The only way to play a ds game on a 3ds is if Nintendo releases it on the e-shop/as a 3ds cartridge
they did do this for LoZ 4 swords & Advance wars

You have a DS cartridge emulator. It's called a flash cart. Not ideal but it's a plenty workable solution.

Pretty strange, I'll try the Aria of Sorrow inject in a minute, finally got those working thanks to AuReiNand's recent trick.

Yeah I know, then it becomes DSiWare but so far there is no way to play non-DSiWare games

naw m8 I'll hold out, I wouldn't be surprised if flash cart manufacturers are paying competent devs off to not make a solution around this because every GBATempt thread I've read about the same question just has people saying "just get a flashcart!" well fuck them

Well it works for me pretty happily. A9LH+AuReiNand+AGB/TWL patches, Aria of Sorrow VC inject from that CIA link pastebin. What's your setup?

in 3rd world shitholes like the united states any alley

Any reason to use Retroarch over GBA and SNES VC Injection on a N3DS with A9LH? I'm assuming VC injection runs better for the most part and I don't give a shit about savestates or anything.

The VCs are pretty solid, although If you want to run GBA games from emuNAND you'll need to patch AGB_Firm and also install the games to sysNAND anyway.

I guess the biggest issue would be that they need to be injected, which is fine for popular stuff but if you want obscure games or rom-hacks you'll probably need to do it yourself.

I have a problem with GBA games.
Save files disappear and I have to start from the beginning. It have to do with sysNAND and emuNAND? I have them unlinked, but starting them from sysNAND can fuck them up, right?

I'm running A9LH with no emunand and as far as I know AuReinand auto patches AGB_Firm so that shouldn't be an issue. Also injecting them myself once is better than installing multiple CIAs for different emulators and builds to see which one runs the game I want to play better.

Thanks for answering my questions, I'm just gonna use VC injections.

The only gba emulator that runs good is gpsp, and you have to install it as a cia for that good performance.

Running them from sysNAND should be fine. Not being able to save sounds like more of a game issue.

No no, I can save.
But once I tried to play a game again and none of my save files were there.
How does VCs handle save files?

Try running it again. aria of sorrow worked fine the first time after that it started fucking up.

Pressing start and select seems to more variable. Sometimes it's fine others not.

Alright, so I managed to get my greasy mitts on a niplandian n3DS, and I heard there was special considerations in regards to getting the CFW set up. Is that in any of the guides or does anyone know what the thing is?

Why would you get a nipland n3ds?
but ye there are some special files you need to delete or else it'll brick your system.

It should be in the guides

I have a Japanese N3DS and there was nothing special I had to delete anywhere. I followed the full arm9loaderhax github guide to the end. Only special thing I had to do was pick the JP N3DS version of firmwares to download and install instead of the NA versions. Works like a charm, and has the added benefit of giving me access to all ~1900 Japanese Themes, instead of the ~250 that are available in other regions.

The only thing special I ended up having to do was with SNES .cia's. They installed fine but don't run initially. You must start them in HANS and change the language to JPN (doesn't affect the language of the game rom, it just affects some kind of header stuff), they will then work normally every time after that (without running in HANS).

Because the n3DSes sold here are either XL(too big for my pockets, also I want the changeable faceplates) or cost more than getting the niplandian one.

I notice there's a lack of Pokémon VC injects, don't they work?

What are you on about with start/select? Also you didn't really go over your setup, it's not just a faulty inject?

Your pockets sound stupid, XLs are probably about as big as a larger smartphone.

That means you didn't fucking look at all nigger

I mean for GBA. There's only one side game in that Mega GBA collection, alongside other well-knowns.

3dsiso.com/cia-format-gba-nes-gbc-gb-snes-virtual-console-games/267936-mega-pokemon-gba-collection-cia-updated-02-15-16-a.html
3dsiso.com/cia-format-gba-nes-gbc-gb-snes-virtual-console-games/273481-mega-gba-pokemon-hacks.html

If what you're looking for isn't in either of those threads, you'll need to make it yourself.

K so does anybody know what's up with the SNES VC custom titles? I was able to install Super Mario World.cia and it works flawlessly. Is there an easy way to do that for other SNES games?

It's not like it's hard to make your own custom cia in any case. gbatemp.net/threads/release-agb_firm-signature-patcher-gba-rom-converter.390313/

The most work that goes into it is giving yourself nice-looking icons for it. I usually just use a scaled-down screenshot of the title screen or the logo or whatever for the screenshot icon, draw something quick in Paint for the icon on the touch-screen, then type the game's name onto blank text or a grayed-out field in the legit VC game-name icon as shown in these pictures.

No idea if there's an easy do-it-yourself tool for SNES cia conversion from roms but I'm aware 3DSiso and 3DSchaos have a rather large selection of injected games already up if there isn't a for-user tool.

gbatemp.net/threads/release-gba-vc-banner-and-icon-generator.391566/
Automates the logo making process, only needs a title screenshot.

found a thread with a shit load of links but half of them don't work for me. Here it is in case they work for somebody else.

3dsiso.com/cia-format-gba-nes-gbc-gb-snes-virtual-console-games/273061-snes-vc-games-shin-megami-tensei-english.html

So I want to use arm9lh, I'm using a colombian tutorial (I know some spanish), however since my hack is REALLY old I have to do a bunch of stuff before getting started to set up arm9lh.

One of the things is upgrading the sysnand to the 9.2 version (my is 4.5). The tutorial is here (it's in spanish): youtube.com/watch?v=FWLIGBNA_Hw
After that I have to do the coldboot thing (spanish link): youtube.com/watch?v=tCme6dfXZjk

In the tutorial the guy says I should use a new SD card, and not the old SD card where I have the RxTools + gaymes, so that way i won't lose my saves. However, after updating the sysnand (from 4.5 to 9.2) and doing the coldboot (everything being done in a blank new SD card), when I put my old SD card with RxTools, the coldboot will still work? Without transferring files or anything?

I'm sorry for the youtube links, just don't click it if you think it's bait. I would also appreciate any guide that show me how to use arm9lh and another CFW, since it looks that ReiNand is better than RxTools now. Of course I don't want o lose my saves or games. I have an OLD3DSXL, sysnand 4.5, emunand 10.7 with one of the first versions of RxTools (I did my hack way back in 10.3 and never changed a thing).

Sorry for the trouble.

Medarot 9 even has furigana. It's a game for really young kids and easy to read.

If you know English why not use this one?

They literally have a link that says "If you're below 9.0.0 go here and follow this guide." It's idiot proof.

People who make that claim are usually underestimating idiots.

Because the games would have to be saved directly onto the 3ds's ram(not enough for most if any roms) some fucking how and you would have to figure out how to keep it there and switch the 2 games you can play out. Theres a reason nobody is looking into it because even that supposed process would be nearly impossible and nobody is up to the task.

And yes shitty clone flashcart manufacturers(the only ones left) are somehow paying off homebrew devs .If you won't buy a flashcart you'll never pirate DS games on the 3DS you autist.

I will take a look at it, thank you. The thing is that the colombian make a video showing a step by step on his 3DS, making it way easier to follow than a written guide.

Is there any game that has come out recently that's even worth trying? I've not done much with my 3DS this year, except play Fire Emblem.

Only touch the US version if you want botched characters and a poor translation. You may as well try the translated version.

Speaking of which, what was the deal with flash carts breaking the DS profile exploit?

It probably overwrites the DS profile with something valid. Just reinstall the exploit. Or better yet, switch to A9LH or Themehax. MSET is unreliable and annoying to access.

Oh please. It's not even nearly that bad. Plus, what else am I going to play? The Megaman Legacy?

I don't know what A9LH is, but I guess I'll look it up and wait for Gateway to support it.

You're much better off setting up a CFW like AuReiNand and installing pirated CIAs these days instead of using a Gateway card. But if you insist on using it you can load it through Themehax instead of MSET.

A9LH is a new hack which doesn't require emuNAND, provides recovery options, and also boots very reliably unlike MSET or Themehax. The main downsides are installing it takes time and has risks, and it only supports a few CFWs right now. AuReiNand and CakesFW.

Of all things I actually had a great time with Donkey Kong Country Returns. Also don't forget to load up on SNES injects.

Scrap the stock Pokemon and get a romhack like Neo X/Y or Rutile Ruby/Star Sapphire. The base game is just too laughably easy.

Mighty Switch Force 1&2
Shantae Pirate's Curse
Monster Hunter X
Senran Kagura Burst
Senran Kagura 2
Rune Factory 4 Undub

Can I use arm9lh? I saw an old guide saying the emunand "should be in the last version(10.6)", but I think that at the time there was no 10.7 yet.

Should be fine. What happens when you do the arm9lh is that you backup your emunand, pull some fuckery, and then re-flash that emunand backup when you're done.

I did mine on 10.6, but I was able to update to 10.7 without any issues. As long as you have access to homebrew in 10.7 you're not locked out of anything.

KIRBY IN A FEW DAYS

Okay so I'm on RXTools right now. How do I get in on the arm9loaderhax and everything that entails? Also how do I do all of that while setting up a new SD card different from my old one?

Nothing really it's just a matter of preference since it's not dual-audio.

KIRB?

bump

bump?

if you follow this guide from Part 3 you should be fine github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

Heads up for anyone using AuReiNand, it was renamed to Luma3DS yesterday because of some drama between AuroaWright and Reisyukaku.

The voices are actually good to great. Not sure what the problem is.

How do I install rxtools? Sticky doesn't have a guide for it.

ALL TAKEN DOWN.
NEARLY EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM, DEAD.

FUCK YOU NIGGERS.

SOCIALISM. NOT EVEN ONCE.

I found new links, but I'm not sharing them because you cucks are grade A fucking assholes.
Yes I'm mad.
You know who you are.
This is why we can't have nice things.

This is my fault, for trusting some of you assholes.

Have anyone tried that stream your 3DS on your PC CFW?

Also anyone knows if there's another way to know your N3DS ip without going to homebrew launcher?

KIRB ROBOBO IS OUT

ENGLISH LANGUAGE ON ROM SIMILAR TO HYRULE WARRIORS

I LOVE PIRACY

That's a CFW feature? I thought it was a hardmod.

No user, there's a CFW that allows you to record videos. Embed related

bump

I need some assistance, if anyone wouldn't mind.

I've had to convert the Japanese versions of Animal Crossing new leaf and Majora's Mask 3d. (For practice reading.) from 3ds/3dz to cia with "3DS Simple CIA Converter v4.3" I used decrypt9 to make the xorpads since rx tools doesn't work for me anymore. (No idea why.)

Anyway, the files converted and I installed them on my 3ds, only for both of them to not boot at all for some reason. The icons pop up just fine, I just get an error and it tells me I have to reboot the system when I try to start it.

I'm not sure if I did something wrong during the conversion process or something else. But everything I've done so far as not helped.

This Happens to me on the following games

-Mario and Sonic at the Rio Games (When choosing the second option in the menu)

-Mario and Luigi Paperjam

-Sonic Lost World (no error screen, just pitch black)

-Majora's Mask 3D

It's most likely a region issue, I have an australian 3DS. So that's my assumption anyway.

I'm running the latest EUR FW on ReiNand.

This. How in the hell do you even do that? Whats the CFW called anyways?

The reason they cost more is that the murrikan ones that are of a smaller size are only available with the limited pokemon edition and have an IPS screen.

It's the only non-XL model with an IPS screen

It's a scalpers dream come true.

I'm on the latest US n3DS Reinand.

I assumed at it might be a region thing as well, but then I read that the program I used is supposed to deal with that in itself.

But hey, for all I know it might still be the issue. Anyway, I tried converting Majora's Mask 3d again by itself. And when I loaded it up… I at least saw the loading icon, but it froze immediately. And rebooted the system again.
Pic unrelated.

Got a n3ds at 9.8.0-25U
What guide do I follow? The one in the OP or this one?

Any pros-cons? Differences?

Big list of games dropped on the Volafile - volafile.io/r/acH6c7

Also, can anyone come and drop the 679 build of the latest version of Pokemon Star Sapphire ? There's one person there that keeps asking for it, and it seems none of the regulars can help him.

Here's the CFW: github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases/tag/3.4preview2

Do note this is only for N3DS it doesnt work on O3DS

To know your ip you can get it through FBI or through ftBrony (Homebrew).

Embed related is a video tuto for retards

Kill me

Why are you using Linux while relying on pleb Drag n drop?

at least the hinge doesn't snap off anymore like those old DS Lites used to, right?

It's a region issue. The fact that MM3D is one of the games you're having trouble with is what tells me that.

Either use AuReiNAND and setup the files for each game that doesn't work, or do the same with NTR.

I'm a fucking idiot, I'm such a fucking idiot, and it took me 2 hours to figure it out.

Now it's downgrading.

just open it up and tighten the hinge, faggot

Could be worse. I used the O3DS files for a N3DS by accident and bricked the system.

Good thing I had a warranty :^)

So is there any ways of using Romhax without Hans? Like an ARM9-level method without having to have multiple CIA files for minor changes?

I know SaltySD exists but you need to compile it against code.bin using gcc and it only works for Super Smashed Bro

You can do layeredfs with ntr if you want to save space.

owch, Well, I'm done on my end, installed Luma3ds and Arm9 as my main CustomFW

Jesus though, that was more tedious than Wii modding, It was like what? 130 steps?

So do I just install games via FBI?
anything else I should know about? any sites for .cia/roms?

Lol fuck that.

I just downloaded the european versions instead.
Not like the american localization is doing me any favors.

Thank you for your concern though, you might have just helped someone else out.
I do want to use NTR for cheats and all that though.

Same happened to me, I could help you, but I don't want to bother doing any more 3DS modding, I've done 4 systems already.

I'm burned out.

It really depends on the type of console you're modding.

I got it done on my end in less than 10.

But god damn, if you have an o3DS on 10.0 FW and above, then you're in for one hell of ride.

I'm better off shelling out extra money for the better system honestly, that's what I did, and I don't regret it.

It's not the fact that it's hard, it's the fact that I am fucking impatient.

If it's already on the home menu, then you're okay, if you took all the precautions and backed up your nand and are running on EmuNand, you're fine.

You'll have to find it yourself, when I shared the sites I had last, they were all nuked.
People really can no longer respect confidentiality or be grateful that someone is willing to share.
Please understand.

Although, this site is one that EVERYONE and their dog uses.

3dsiso.com/archive/index.php/f-263.html

If you have any more questions, I'm here to help.

What is "3ds hacking"?
Does it let you install any game you want or somethnig?

Yeah, we're basically at the "2011" phase of the wii.

It's easy, but not TOO easy, but still easy enough depending on your model.

If you have 9..5 and below, then it's piss easy.

o3DS is easier since you don't have to mess with old encryption/new encryption nonsense with the OTP.
The longest would be a new3DS for arm9h.

I'm happy with my menuhax 9.2 cfw setup, it does what I need it to do. Going down to 2.1 for the OTP and all that shit is interesting, but it just shaves some seconds from boot time.
I have a Wii with the 'new' bootloader that doesn't let me have early Bootmii, and I managed with it just fine.

Power to the user, though - if you want full early access to the kernel exploits, go for it.

You speak truth, I tried the ARM9H on my first, but then decided it would be ultimately useless for pirating vidya.

I'm using Reinand.

I read the sticky, and now am in the process of getting .cia's installed my first one (which was the sega 3d remaster collection) works great on Sys 10.7 Luma3ds.

So how do regions work?
Do I have to install games for the USA region (as that's the consoles region) or can I play EUR .cia files too?

It depends on the game really.

Dream Team works like a….Dream.

Some games work fine but some don't,, since you're using Luma, then you most likely dont need to worry

>finally i can play 3ds shit without supporting jewtendo after they pull another lite/DSi and gbasp on us should've seen it coming

Never have i thought the last console with good games would be a handheld

Play the new Kirby. It's the shit.

The ROM hacks I've seen are distributed as .cia not .3ds those work on any CFW.

A9LH is just the entry point to a CFW. Also yes it's a lengthy hack to install but arguably worth it for a recovery mode and not needing an emuNAND. The next best is Themehax which only needs a particular sysNAND version and doesn't require too many hoops to load a CFW. Everything else is shit you should only be using to bootstrap Themehax/A9LH onto your 3DS.

A CFW is useless without an entrypoint to load it. A9LH happens to be the best one since it's almost as quick as regular sysNAND.

So there's been no progress with Wii hacking since I set it up years ago? Disappointing, but I can live with having to go through system menu.

Don't care.

That's your problem faggot.

Not really though, I honestly don't give a shit about itt, you giant sperg.

I found no use for recovery mode and I'll just use EmuNand since I'm not a huge autist about functionality.
If something fucks up, then I just load up my NAND backup and start over, no big deal.

A9LH did nothing useful for me when I tried it with my first 3DS, It was a big waste of time.

Hopefully you never need it. Fact is if you do fuck up sysNAND it's far easier and quicker to fix with A9LH recovery than a hardmod.

Installing it is a one-time expenditure of a couple of hours. You're already looking at one or two to set up Themehax and emuNAND you may as well go all the way.

Holy fucking shit I love having a Japanese 3DS. Song is the BGM for this theme.

youtube.com/watch?v=v8km-Ipi8MU

I might just be really tired, but absolutely no guide seems to make any chronological sense to me; every time I go to take a step I have to do something else prior to that, which leads to another tutorial and explanation.

I'm running 10.7, I want to downgrade with smashhax.

Why do the nips get cool ass backgrounds from people like Hiro Kanzaki and all we get is ugly Mario skins in the US?

Why does Kirby need to be angry? Why does the art for a skating game need to be "westernized"? Why does the majority of the English-speaking world seem incapable of understanding the concept of cute?

Have you Tried this one?
===
Also

K I L L
M
E

whats the name of that nude mod and the other hax
this makes me want to get back into niggermon x

Aw dammit, it doesn't work with Smash any more?

Man, I really wasn't missing anything not playing SMT IV. It feels like a gaiden game with all of the rehashed story elements from better SMT titles, the story goes no-where for hours, the P2W DLC, the fucking stupid MMO quests that feel lees inspired than SJ, the ugly-ass equipment, the endings all feel pointless and all of the new demon and angel designs are fucking ugly too.

It's all just garbage.

Is that theme jap only? Really liked.

Sorry but they do
**Its happened to me

Why would that be enough to get you to play them? Just trawl a booru for lewd Pokemon pictures if you're that desperate.

What the fuck this isn't solving it at all.

I'm having this issue, using web browser hax gives me yellow screen. I tried what suggested and mashed A but it didn't work.

My New 3DS is Japanese and is running 10.3.0 - 28J.

Letting it go on, it starts to freeze at the yellow screen. Then it goes back to menu with pic related

What I like to do is delete cookies and history, then initialize save data, then scan the browser hax qr code, set all the settings until you get to the actual web browser, then I exit and shut off my 3ds before it has a chance to load browserhax.

Then I turn my 3ds back on and immediately open the web browser which should open up to the browserhax page.

Browserhax doesn't work 100% of the time, in fact it hardly works, but this strategy has worked both times I've tried it, although I'm using a North American regular 3dsxl.

Good luck and whatnot user.

Well at least Soul Hackers is fun.

bump

I'm getting a CFW not supported when trying to install NTR 3.4 preview 2 on my N3DS. Anyone knows how to fix that?

I been out of the loop for some time, any idea how to pass form rxtools to that new exploit?
i'm in 4.X firmware with the latest emunand

I have a N3DS and all I want to know if doing all this shit will allow me to play DS games on the system? I don't really care about emulation, I'll fiddle with that at a later time. I just really want to play Ouendan 1 and 2 and those Feel The Love/Magic games. Also, Meteos

still need a flashcart for that. Thought there might've been some method for ROM injection with the WarioWare: Touched! digital game from Club Nintendo, but no dice.

Okay… I've got Themehax going, and the next step on the 'get CFW going' guide is to do a backup and setup an emuNAND. This is where my courage fails me and I can't put my thoughts together. I've got a nipponesian n3DS running 9.1.0-2J, wat do?

Okay, I can't wrap my brain around this emuNAND thing. I tried it with the Gateway method, but it INSISTS that I have a gateway card to boot into emuNAND post-format. Part of me wants to go straight to ReiNAND from what I did then(I have Themehax re-setup), but my brain is empty and I don't want to brick this thing. Help, anyone?

Hey I have Arm9LoaderHax installed and I was wondering if I could link my NNID, Play online and download my purchased games from the eshop without getting banned.

it's fine as long as you use unique headers for your online games

damn, and what about redownloading eshop stuff?

Apparently the consensus is that rxtools sucks now, which is bad for me since I that's how I hacked my o3ds. Sometimes when it starts up it won't load and I just get a black screen. How can I switch to another CFW without losing my shit I already have in there? And is rxtools the only one that can play foreign games without adding stuff?

i havent messed around with 3ds since i pirated back in january and i havent come across any problems with rxtools. i still do the normal procedure and i have been able to play any game with no problems

I do not know about switching from rxTools but AuReiNand (now Luma3d) is region free natively (and supports dsiware and gba out of the box)
BUT some games need you to have the right language setting to access DLC (Monster Hunter X and Taiko no Tatsujin for example) for those instances you only need to:
Create a "locales" folder inside the luma folder,
and one .txt for each game, with the title id of the game (look them up on 3dsdb.com).
The txt must be exactly 6 characters long:
3 for the region ("JPN", "USA", "EUR", "AUS", "CHN", "KOR", "TWN"),
a space,
and two for the language ("JP", "EN", "FR", "DE", "IT", "ES", "ZH", "KO", "NL", "PT", "RU", "TW").
You can enable the feature globally in the config menu.

You can also install Shadowtrance/BootNTR to use NTR-Debug Mode to cheat through the NTR-Client and GateShark Codes.

Anyone got an ISO [EU/RF] for this gem?
Had it on my sysnand before I unlinked my NNID and I really want to get on and play it again.

How do I install AuReiNand?

I've got a 9.2 with no CFW.

I'm using RxTools and on 9.2 with o3dsXL. I can't seem to get the new Kirby game to start. I can see the icon but when I click it it loads then says to restart.
Any ideas

Apologies in advance for what is most likely a stupid noob question.

Back when I set up 3DS, rxTools was the recommended CFW. I'm now trying to make the switch to arm9loaderhax, and the guide I found says "If you already have a CFW setup on any version between 9.0.0 and 9.2.0, change menuhax to type 1, set your menuhax trigger to D-Pad down, then start the guide at Part 4." I'm not sure how to configure menuhax for two reasons: It's been a while since I actually used or configured any hacks for my 3DS, and launch.rxTools.net doesn't seem to work at all any more so I'm not even sure how I'd get to it. What should I do to switch CFWs given this situation?

It's generally advisable to verify the md5 checksums that come with .cia files, right?

What's the recommended program for doing that? Searching it gives me a bunch of shit that I'm not entirely sure I can trust. I want to know what normally goes recommended.

I can't update my EMUNAND, it's at 10.5. What do?

Nevermind, I had to turn off the DNS

Bad example. MHX's "DLC" is just encrypted quest files saved into the game's EXT data. I'm on Luma right now and I can access it just fine.

Off the top of my head there's the SMT series, like soul hackers, the upgraded devil survivor games. Can anyone tell me how the dub compares to the original voices in DS2? Monster Hunter is pretty fun too.
You can also check out the stuff here:
pastebin.com/UdL5SN04
I heard bravely default is pretty good too.

The games run fine, it's just that getting into the emunand itself can be a hit or miss for me.

Thanks for the info, it'll come in handy when I get the balls to try switching.

I know there is a site somewhere that has Ticket QR codes.

Anyone have it? Shameless doesn't work on my computer.

At least is not nano RIPE

I got shameless but i cant acess eshop, i went to sysNAND to acess my nnid and a popbox says i need to update before doing that, what do?

Fuck that shit. I don't know the details, but I see why Rei was talking shit.

I'm probably going to ReiNand, or CakesFW if that doesn't work to my liking.

I have two questions:

1) I am trying to use the version bypass on the 3DS browser (I am currently on v10.4). Where is the Initialize savedata found at? Is it the 'Reset Save Data' button found in the browser's Options menu? I don't want to accidentally click the wrong thing and mess everything up.

2) Should I bother formatting my SD card before proceeding? I don't have anything that can't be reacquired later on, but I still sort of feel iffy about it.

1: Yes
2: You will have to during the process at some point, copy your shit off it, format, put back on

What the shit? I can't move anything from the EmunandSD card to my new one.

I'm using Luma3ds+10.7 and Arm9loader.

What's this about OoT3D being able to permanently homebrew a 3DS?

SysUpdater keeps getting stuck at step #7 ("Clean memory and release kobject…") whenever I run it. I rebooted and ran FtBrony, but this didn't seem to help.

Am I supposed to just wait? Is there a button I need to press at this point? I understood I was supposed to wait for SysUpdater to progress past step #8 before doing anything.

I'm on a 10.4 n3DS, if it helps.

Hi there, I haven't been these threads in ages.

I would like some advice. I have 2 o3ds, and both of them have homebrew installed.

My "main" one, which I don't want to downgrade, has my main nintendo account linked to it and all my games. It has homebrew just for the purpose of installing free themes and "badges" for customization. Currently at 10.3 if I recall correctly.

The secondary one was blank after a system transfer and I decided to homebrew and downgrade it for setting sail and pirate games. Sysnand in 9.2 and emu in 10.6

Thing is, since I haven't updated to the lastest firmware I can't play online with my "main" system. But I would like not to lose homebrew access for it.
I have an OoT card, so I was thinking of using the secondary system to "install" OoTHax, if that is the correct term, into that card and then use it whenever I need homebrew in the main system.

But I have a question. Is there some sort of way to backup the content of my OoT game, put the hack in it and if I wanted to, "uninstall" the hack from it and then restore said backup so I can still play my game and hopefully with my data untouched?

OoT3D, both the cartridge and digital versions, can have a modified save injected to be used as a permanent homebrew entrypoint similar to IronFall's method.

Can inject the save using a specifically OoThax installer or through a PowerSaves device. Maybe through save managers too.

i want to play KPR and i'm on 10.7

is there another way other than the fucking "buy OoT3D & ARPS save exploit" method?

GameStop is restocking Cubic Ninja. Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon is also an option if you have an exploitable 3DS you can access.

archive.is/ytNJk
jewtendo is at it again

Bump, does anyone have the answer?

If you hacked it correctly, there shouldn't be any problems if you update the emunand, since the nands are unlinked. Multiplayer works fine for me. I don't know anything about the OoTHax though.

meant for

I just got an Animal Crossing Edition NEW 3DS (not XL). It's on 10.7, so I don't know which methods can I use to downgrade it (I downgraded my old 3DS with Browserhax, which I know doesn't work with current firmwares)

What methods can I use, anons?

contributing with a DS chart. Games look a lot nicer on a smaller screen

Ok I'm literally retarded and I'm just going to ask for help. I'm on 10.3 n3DS and I'm trying to hack it. What the fuck do I do? I followed and I was getting recursive shit, this guide says to use this guide to use this guide for four fucking steps and I don't think it's supposed to be like that.

Can anyone give me a guide that's just one stop or something? God damn.

On 10.3 your first step is downgrading to 9.2.

Follow parts 1-3 but set up to use Themehax as the entry point for homebrew to Luma3DS. That's the simplest method. If you're feeling up for it, continue to step 4 and 5 to use arm9loaderhax instead which is better, but the setup is longer and riskier.

What happened?

Drama over the name being too similar to what it was forking I assume. Who gives a fuck, AuReiNand is now Luma3DS, it's the same good shit, different name.

Oh i thought the tranny was causing drama

How many times am I expected to boot SysUpdater for a downgrade before it works properly? It keeps getting hung up before step 8, and as far as I can tell, everything else is in proper working order.

I Made the mods myself
Here's the texture file I think or maybe it was one of the ones I already deleted

You're totally at the whim of the program on this one, everything needs to be just so or else you need to hard-reset.

Keep trying 'til it works.

You're not booting homebrew through the browser method, right? It has a 100% failure rate with that route as far as I can tell with the 3 downgrades I've done.

I don't have an emunand in my main 3ds. I didn't downgrade it, nor I plan to. As I said, the homebrew in it is mostly for cosmetic reasons and even though I know it is completely safe to do so, I want to mess the less that I can with it. That's why I use the secondary 3ds to pirate stuff.

I want to update the un-downgraded 3ds so I can play online, but I still want to access to homebrew which seems only possible with OoTHax. But I would like to play OoT too, thus my original question

m8 you're retarded, you don't actually modify anything in sysnand after downgrading (using firmware ripped from Nintendos servers mind you), emunand is launched from the SD card, you can still play OoT after injecting the OoT hax saves too

You're at an impasse, then, it's either lose OoT3D or lose the homebrew if you're dead-set on not having it downgraded with CFW.

That's how I did it, so it's not 100%.

There are reasons to. When dealing with GBA injects for example, or unblacklisting DS flash cards. Also if you're using arm9loaderhax you will only be using sysNAND because there's no need for emuNAND.

I started my cia install of MH4U about 15 hours ago and its just gotten to 70%

Is it supposed to be this slow for this particular game? I've never had a cia install take this long before..

Okay, there's so much shit involved, where the fuck do I begin?

I have an O3DS with 10.7.0-32U and would really like to pirate shit.

I restarted the cia install and its going normally now but I force closed BigBlueMenu to stop the previous install so now I'm not sure if it left some old data over

Oh well, that's what emunand backups are for! Waste of 15 fucking hours though…

First you need an entrypoint to load homebrew loader to load the latest sysupdater, I think browserhax still works with 10.7 so you'll need to run browserhax first to open the homebrew loader in temporary mode to run the OoThax installer for a temporary solution

That didn't really explain anything at all.

So, I'm gonna sound like a dumbass, but I legitimately cannot get the internet browser on my O3DS to work. I'm on 9.9 and did the Y2K stuff, but it still comes up with the nag. Any ideas?

Did you Initialize savedata? The entire point of the y2k bypass is to open up a small enough timeframe for you to access it immediately as you open the browser.

Literally can't even open the internet browser to initialize save data. It just bumps me with the nag immediately.

Hate to sound like an asshole for asking this, but what about setting the time to 00:00? The entire date-time needs to be set at 1/1/2000 00:00, and you need to quit out and access the browser ASAP after setting the time.

Already tried it. Well, whatever. I was trying to downgrade my burner 3DSXL, but I guess I can use my main n3DS. Thanks anyway!

nice.

Yeah, I have no clue what could be causing it. It seems like every DS reacts to it a little bit differently.

Oh right i forgot to post about this.
So i mentioned a few days ago that i have two 15 gig SD's. they were both bought in the same pack so they're no different. I tried putting smash on the other and copied over my exact homebrew layout, so it should work perfectly.
Well it fuckin doesn't.
I run the kexploit and the illuminati confirms, i try running the HBL and for some reason it keeps telling me it cant find the homebrew_launcher.elf file, even though its in the right directory.
the fuck is going on? can this fucker not switch between two sd's?

fuck i meant to post this to the wii u piracy thread

You're actually not quite right on this one.
Rei was upset about both programmer style, and also that his licensing info wasn't displayed in AuRei's codebase and filed an issue on github.

A bunch of people ran to Aurora's defense, and Rei dropped the issue, both literally and figuratively. Arurora was pissed about it, hence the name change.

I don't give a shit about the licensing disclaimer, but AuReiNand has sacrificed ease of configuration for user-friendliness.

At this point in time, there's not much of a reason to use it, since ReiNand has supported O3DS for some time now, protects firms on sysnand, and is region free out of the box. No need for NTR or anything.

CakesFW is also very nice. I have it dual-booting with ReiNand in case I manage to break one of them.

Does anyone know how to cryptofix a .cia file? Fuckers on 3dsiso posted Pocket Card Jockey, but it requires going to the eshop to fix, which I don't want to do.

Question, anons.

Is it possible to transfer emunand between an O3DS running rxTools and an N3DS with Reinand? Setting up my N3DS today, and I don't want to lose all my games.

CFW doesn't matter. NAND works the same.

Anyway, do this: gbatemp.net/threads/mini-tutorial-sys-transferring-o3ds-emunand-to-n3ds-emunand.384638/

Also, why are you still using emunand? Too lazy to install A9LH?

Thanks, man.

Mix of that and not wanting to risk fucking up sysnand, so I figured to play it safe and fuck with A9LH at some other point.

Rei was upset about both programmer style, and also that his licensing info wasn't displayed in AuRei's codebase and filed an issue on github.

So autistic shit-flinging and dick-sucking between two autist's groupees.

Does anyone happen to have the european version of the DLC for Samurai Warriors Chronicles 3? Can't find shit online.

Bad assumption, my bad. Anyway it looks like ReiNand supports A9LH now, does it also patch out GBA checks and DS flash card blacklisting? I might switch back.

how.jpg

Turns out that op on 3dsiso was friends with a reviewer that the developers sent an early access copy to, and the reviewer didnt want to review the game, so he gave it to the op

Op downloaded it, dumped it, and cryptofixed it

All of this, two months before it even releases here in the states.

Holy shit, I'd be losing my fucking mind if I was at sega/nintendo, because games are getting fucking pirated before they're even released in the states

First Hyrule Warriors with full english on jap cart, same with Kirby Robobot, and now 7th Dragon? Holy fuck.

So, one more question that's gonna sound retarded. I have a cia installed to my 3ds that is legit to my knowledge because the icon and manual load up fine. The only problem is that when I launch it, it goes to the 3ds loading screen.

Just for reference I'm on EmuNAND 9.2 N3DS USA. I'm not sure if a firmware update would fix this.

Excuse me, I should have clarified my problem. It doesn't just boot the game, it goes to the 3ds logo with the pulsating red lines and sits there.

Some patched games and DLC need NTR if its out of region
Aur/luma has it in the FW to change locales like ntr without the need to run a program first

Some patched games and DLC need NTR if its out of region
Aur/luma has it in the FW to change locales like ntr without the need to run a program first

game?
check 3dsdb to see the appropriate firmware version
also why are you still on 9.2 and using emunand

Holy fuck user, THANKS.

7th Dragon 3 is pretty damn fun.

I just got a nds flashcart today! Now I'm playing Solatorobo.

How can I change music in games with homebrew? I heard that you have use it but I wasn't able to find guides.

Any good guides for A9LH? I'm pretty interested now that Brickway is getting support since I prefer to run my shit in .3ds format and would love to have both cfw and gateway.

The guide needs an update.
I downgraded from 10.7 using OOTHax and now I'm playing sweet Soul Blazer on ReiNAND

bump

That's what I followed and that's what worked for me. However arm9loaderhax is fairly dangerous to set up, mainly because of the 2.1.0 downgrade step.

Also it's quite likely Gateway will roll their own A9LH payload that won't work with anything else, much like their old DS profile installer. So even though their way of dumping carts is simplest (uncart that generates CIAs when?) I'd suggest dropping them and switching to Luma3DS and using CIA downloads instead.

video juegos

7th Dragon III is really fucking good but also really fucking gay and lewd.
If the special edition is still available I'm probably gonna order it.

Potentially the stupidest questions ever: I have a 3DS XL with the current 10.7 firmware, no CFW or even homebrew, and a broken screen. I also have a normal 3DS, Luma3DS CFW firmware 10.3-28U, and fully functional. First question: would it be possible for me to update to 10.7 on the normal 3DS without problems? Second question: Would it be possible for me to system transfer my 3DS XL stuff to my normal 3DS that has the Luma3DS firmware on it once I get both to the current firmware and without doing something like wiping the CFW or anything?

It should work fine for emuNAND but back it up just in case. It's only safe to update sysNAND if you're using arm9loaderhax with a decent CFW.

No experience with that sorry.

I did a System Transfer from A9LH O3DS -> A9LH N3DS and it worked fine, it should work fine with one ofw to cfw, but they have to both be on 10.7, and the original will format after it's done.

That's what I have, A9LH+Luma3DS and what not. Firmware is Sys 10.3-28..

Yeah but I want to do a completely unhacked O3DS to the 3DS with the aforementioned A9LH+Luma3DS on it.

again it should work fine, but you'd have to update your sysnand on the a9lh'd one to do it.

by the way, official 11.0 FW is out.

Safe to update emunand?

A9LH is fine

11.0 FW
Memechunkhax 2.5 is kill
Luma, rxTools, and Cakes are confirmed safe

Supossedly OOTHax is still working
I hope it is.

Looks like Nintenkike got analblasted.

Fix your server pigfarmer.

FUCK

Just remember all the time spent on security is time spent for not censoring games. :^)

github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-4-(Getting-the-OTP)

If I'm reading this correctly, I don't need ever need to update to 11.0 to do this, right? I got 10.7 emunand with NNID linked. Only asking since downgrading is patched out in 11.0 and I don't know what all it needs to go down to 2.1.

On another issue, I'm planning to buy a large SD card to set up ARM9LH. Which one could you recommend? I'm deciding between

128GB PNY (30 USD on amazon)
64GB Sandisk Ultra (20 USD on amazon)

I'd go with sandisk

I have, but I got impatient with the second 3DS.
Fiiiiine.

I'll do it for my next 3DS.
Faggot.

Crackwhores on ice.jpg

Update, everything will be fine.

That's….actually a good tactic.

Sandisk, I have it, fast as fucking dogtits.

Boots ups nearly as fast as sysNAND on my emuNAND

Is it really worth the effort changing to MemeNand from RXTools? There's no simple guide of what to do if you want to change and most people will direct you to do some obscure things to get armloader9x or something like that.

I don't want that, I struggled a week to make Emunand worked correctly, I don't want to lost that for some shiny new thing.

Can some kind user give me a rundown on all of the pros and cons of the big CFWs? I searched online, but most discussions on the topic are out of date and probably not as trustworthy.

I just updated to 11.0 with RxTools, everything good so far. Fuck you Reinand fags

Enjoy your soon to be destroyed 3ds

written by a mentally ill degenerate
Used to be a fork of reinand for O3ds, started becoming its own thing and got more features later
idiot friendly, lots of additions other CFW don't have without extra tools like the ability to set locales to get out of region dlc & patches to work properly, or "overclocking" the N3ds
what aureinand was based off
lightweight, best package if you're not into playing out of region games and don't have a N3ds
bloated as fuck
Has to install with ever update
pretty much considered the worst CFW along with gateway
Has tools build into itself so you don't need to go into the Homebrew channel to do certain things
can possibly hurt your 3ds/memory because of how it works
Honestly If you know your stuff and love getting hands on with things you're probably already aware of it and using cakes.

the tools RXtools has are imo inferior to decrypt9/emunand9
Honestly i don't know why anyone is still uses it

I'm on RxTools because it was the best available at the time for an O3DS.

Should I make the switch to TrannyCFW?

Is it needed for A9LH?

Is there a more readable guide for A9LH, as Paliect's seems to be written by some Ritalin-riddled child at points, randomly jumping through hoops and not explaining what certain concepts are, or using thir own terms that no one else listens to. Why the flying fuck did EmuNAND need to become RedNAND, which is similar to ReiNAND?

Yea you should, Rx will cause damage in the long run.
Yea, but cakes and rei also have A9LH support
Maybe, I didn't go looking since just reading through Plai's guide i understood what i had to do so I used it.

Right, so I finally figured this shit out… then a week later I got off my lazy ass and got EmuNAND set up and ReiNand going. So now all I gotta do is inject the DevMenu thing into the H&S app and I'm good to go? I'm safe to update the emuNAND and whatnot?

You inject FBI into H&S. Through FBI, you can install the DevMenu or BigBlueMenu .cia to make them their own application, so you can undo the H&S modification.

These threads consistently prove that people are fucking retarded.

What are the best (preferably free) methods to use for backing up NAND? The downgrade guide in the copypasta recommends Gateway, but not only is the guide out of date, I don't really trust Gateway for anything.

its the gateway app anyway you dont need to buy anything

Heads up about 11.x, picture related.

Why bother undoing the H&S inject? It's a worthless app, and I'm fairly sure it can't be moved into a subfolder out of the way.

It's a good CFW. Don't be a faggot that ignores good code because of who wrote it.

To set it up, it's what the excellent guide uses.
There are a few other CFWs (or programs like uncart and emuNAND9) that can be started from A9LH but Luma3DS is a good newbie option.

What says, specifically use emuNAND9.

Alright, I'll give AuReiNAND a go, if everyone says it's as good as it is.
I wasn't even aware A9LH no longer required a hardmod until a couple days ago. What happened? I lost interest in the modding scene after a bit.

Luma3DS now.

github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/OTP-Info
delebile.bplaced.net/topic.php?id=9
Have fun.

I havent payed attention to the 3ds scene since I set it up with rxtools when cfw first dropped. Why do people hate rxtools now? Should i be switching to a different cfw? If so, how and which one?

I'm on the same boat mane i don't know what the fuck to do

I have a Japanese N3DS on firmware 9.9.0. Can I mod this to have no region lock?

There's a region-free loader in the homebrew starter kit.

You can also install cfw to run region-free, but I have no clue how it's done on a n3DS. It's probably similar to the o3DS, but I don't wanna steer you in the wrong direction and get you bricked.

What is this about 11.x?

Is updating needed to play online?

Refer to

I assume you are referring to:

Which means, yes, I need to update in order to play online? Well, hope rx can handle it

It's just as easy as o3ds.

RxTools can't do shit. Please switch to a better CFW. It's extremely out of date and is genuinely terrible.

how do? I am terrible at this kind of shit and I fear any minimal change will brick my system, even though I do have a nand backup. Somewhere. Should try to search for it.

How can I "un-install" RX and install anything else? What do you recommend?

'possible ID hop because for some reason I was asked for captcha again, wtf?'

RXTools isn't "installed." The CFW only run in RAM. None of them will permanently change your system in any way (unless you're using A9LH, which RXTools doesn't support). Just grab another CFW, say, CakesFW, and copy its relevant files and folders to your SD card.

After that, launch cakes via either Cakes.dat with a boot manager, or CakesFW in the Homebrew Launcher. This should pretty much the same way you would launch RXTools.

The same can be said for Luma3DS or ReiNand. They all work the same way.

Also, if you don't know where your NAND backup is, you should probably make another one and save it somewhere. Swapping CFW poses no risk to you, but you want to have a backup, either in case your emunand gets fucked due to your own meddling, or you update your sysNAND out of absentmindedness.

I still fail to see how I should switch, they all seem the same shit with no actual features that make switching even necessary.

so what the hell is the deal with REDnand instead of Emunand now

3dbrew.org/wiki/NAND_Redirection
Taken from the FAQ HERE (Also contains a guide for AL9H: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/FAQ

okay so what? they both handle the exact same? except one modifies more reads/writes?

That's not me, by the way. I will try to make the switch sometime after I figure out which would be better with my o3ds

So from what I understand, EmuNAND9 can only be used on v9.2 FW. Does it need to be on my SD card before the downgrade or after? Does it make a difference which I do?

You can now run DS rom shortcuts from your flashcart to the homemenu and most of the 10USD ones are compatible.

No reason not to own a flashcart now.

I have a question.
What program should I use if I want to use a new SD card to transfer everything, including the emunand to the new SD?
I remember there was one, like USB something, but I don't remember.

I think it was USB image tool

Did a whole bunch of posts get deleted since last night? I remember I asked a question and I don't even see it here anymore.

Whatever, looks like the thread hit bump limit anyways. I'll make a new one.

Fresh bread: