What do you guys think of New Super-Man/Chinese Superman/Kong Kenan?

What do you guys think of New Super-Man/Chinese Superman/Kong Kenan?

I think the book is a load of fun

Does it have any of the hallmarks of Diversity(tm), such as strawmen for le ebil rayciss, shitting on the previous Superman and/or the fans, or just being incredibly boring?

Not that I've really noticed. It's basically a team book, with a main character, that being Kenan, with Chinese Bat-Man and Chinese Wonderwoman as strong secondary characters. No real diversity tm shit since everyone in the comic is Chinese because it takes place in Shanghai. Just a lot of fun capeshit about an arrogant teenage kid who gets Superpowers. I also like the way the powers are presented, not being a one to one copy of Superman, but focusing more on a system of Chi. The characters are enjoyable, the story is fun, and it's a nice breath of fresh air. Solid 7-8/10 book. I'd recommend reading it.

There haven't been any racist strawmen so far, the story doesn't shit on the Man of Steel but does joke about the new kid being an inferior Chinese knock-off, and the comic's biggest problem is that it occasionally fucks up its own pacing by trying to insert too much action into a single issue, rather than too little.

I'd say it's worth taking a look at, at least. Pirate it, and if you're not interested by the end of the first story arc, drop it and move on.

Making him able to only use one power at a time is probably the best idea. It makes Super-Man much more vulnerable than Kent. He is also forced to think a bit and fight against his hotheaded nature.

It's literally the Chinese government funding knockoffs of the Justice League, and is a lot of fun.Everyone is a parody of their counterpart.

It's pretty damn good. It actually does explore Chinese culture a little bit. Kenan is fun kind of an arrogant prick who matures over time.

It's not the diversity-pandering shit I thought it would be, but it's horribly bland.

It has loads of interesting ideas and could very well be good: But due to what it is, you're constantly comparing it to Superman and Batman books, and every time you do you think to yourself "I could just go read one of those instead".
The fact that they're trying to make Ching Kong part of the Superfamily is a mistake as well. He should be independent of DC's A-listers.

Is that actually DC? Then I think your country is about to become Chinese colony.

Then what shithole are you from?

Shut the fuck up. The writer is an outspoken anti-communist/modern China spokesman. Dude's even chinese himself. You wanna look for chinese shilling? Look at Hollywood. They make extremely pandering movies for China. As well as just lowest common denominator movies that China loves more than anyone.

THANKS CHINAMAN

You have to go, Chen.

Story time when?

I thought he was Taiwanese?

The issues are usually on the DC threads. I'm sure some user has pirated the whole thing.

This.
Hollywood has essentially sold out our entire entertainment industry to the Chinks and soon they'll sell the soulless husk of the MSM to them.

I remember reading before several times when the series just started that he's Chinese. Could be a situation where Taiwan is considered part of China so they lumped him in there.

The comic takes place in Shanghai

Chinese, So he is super manlet?

If you guys wanna read it, its not like its all up on the dcrg mega for back issues

I'm talking about the creator of the comic not the main character.

well, technically taiwan is china

Only really to China. They get so butthurt at Taiwan they demanded SEGA censor a game that won't even be released to the Chinese for even mentioning Taiwan

Is there any way to fix the relationship between Taiwan and China like a two state system or no?

Hell no. China wants complete control. You'd have to eliminate the current Chinese government and communist lifestyle they live to have something like that happen.

It basically already is a two state system, but China waves it's dick around and pretends it's still in control.

Honestly China tries to bully people into saying Taiwan isn't free. If you want a sign of how worthless the UN is, Taiwan is the richest country not part of it and China cries when they try to join. Every time.

And yet we're funding the majority of them.

Never thought I'd see the day when this ironic meme became an actual meme

Eh, read five chapters. It's just alright. Don't know if I'd recommend it or not.

This.

No.

I can't mesh China with superheroes. Classic chinese heroes train to become that good, so having a magic ring/chemicals/radiation/alien genes give you power feels off to me

Why fix it, just get rid of China.

Taiwan is worth something, China is not.

Chinks have Sun Wukong, they don`t need anything else.

I guess we could split it up into smaller countries.

angry, impotent fatmerican?

that movie might have looked decent without the retarded zack-snyder-shitcolor-filter.

chinese are subhuman scum with no sense of right and wrong or pride, good only for the servility bred into them

Reminds me of this pic.

And don't forget Never learn mandarin user.

Fuck forgot my picture.