As Uber angers users, Lyft donates $1 million to help ACLU fight Donald Trump's Muslim ban

By Brian Fagioli

archive.is/F7v7c

On Friday, USA President Donald Trump signed an executive order banning immigrants and refugees from seven countries (Iran, Iraq, Syria, Sudan, Libya, Yemen, and Somalia). While it is not technically a Muslim ban, it effectively is so, as all of the countries listed are majority Islamic. Whether or not this is constitutional is up for debate, but thanks to a lawsuit brought by the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU), a judge has since issued a stay of the order.

Trump's order could have a negative impact on the technology community, such as Silicon Valley, since many smart people from those countries are quality contributors. That aside, Trump's order is also in conflict with USA values. While many technology companies have spoken out against the ban, one company has put its money where its mouth is. Today, Lyft donates $1 million to the ACLU. Why did it do so? The ride-sharing service says it is to "defend our values." This is after Uber has largely angered its loyal users.

"We created Lyft to be a model for the type of community we want our world to be: diverse, inclusive, and safe. This weekend, Trump closed the country's borders to refugees, immigrants, and even documented residents from around the world based on their country of origin. Banning people of a particular faith or creed, race or identity, sexuality or ethnicity, from entering the U.S. is antithetical to both Lyft's and our nation's core values. We stand firmly against these actions, and will not be silent on issues that threaten the values of our community," says John Zimmer and Logan Green, Lyft co-founders.

Zimmer and Green further say, "We know this directly impacts many of our community members, their families, and friends. We stand with you, and are donating $1,000,000 over the next four years to the ACLU to defend our constitution. We ask that you continue to be there for each other – and together, continue proving the power of community."

Lyft's biggest competitor, Uber, has not done itself any favors either, as the company did not join a wider JFK airport taxi ban meant to protest the Trump order. As a result, the hashtag #DeleteUber was trending on Twitter yesterday.

Over on that social network, some loyal Uber users are vowing to switch to Lyft as a result of the generosity. In other words, while the donation was not necessarily meant to be a means of advertising, the kind gesture could be a boost for the Lyft brand.

How does this donation make you feel about Lyft? Will you switch to it from Uber? Tell me in the comments.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/user/btfagioli
youtube.com/user/btfagioli/about
plus.google.com/ BrianFagioli
twitter.com/brianfagioli/
facebook.com/brian.fagioli
whitepages.com/name/Brian-T-Fagioli/Centereach-NY/4ehs3ra
facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1721884934693852&set=picfp.100006170854156.1721884774693868&type=3&theater
archive.is/v9yxj
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

white genocide

Only marxist millennials don't own their own car.

What happened with the muslim ban? I heard some kike tried to veto it.

ravioli ravioli Brian is a Fagioli

That was nothing but a symbolic victory. It only applied to people who were on airplanes at the time, and they're still going back.

Uber is 20% owned by a Saudi prince. Fuck both of these companies

I'm actually shocked services like this even exist. You have to not own a car, not have any friends who have cars, not have access to public transportation or alternative transportation (bike, skateboard, etc.) to even consider using this. Who uses these services?

you can't make this shit up

Taxis have been around longer than either of us have been alive. How is this a shock?

Are you retarded?

Because car ownership is much higher than it was in the past and public transportation is available in almost every city. There are so many different methods of transportation these days, why would you want to pay for a taxi?

Uber,Lyft,AirBnb fuck all these silicon valley loons who live in their walled manshions.I hope every country around the world outright bans or puts more restrictions these fuckers.Also can't these faggots just stay of politics why do they handwave so much.

Cities are filled with degenerates who get drunk then need to get home at 3AM, the demand for such a service shouldn't be surprising.

You don't live in the US do you?

Hey, Chaim. Trying something new?

I do since I can't legally drive a car due to a disability.

I still don't understand why they were pissed at uber continuing service to the airports.
How else would the protesters get there?

I drove for Uber the other year for a few months to improve my social aptitude (years of Holla Forums and autistic shitposting plus actual asperger's left me in need of some in person practice.) It's great for improving social skills, nothing like having a steady flow of people trapped in your car for 5 minutes to an hour to learn how to interact in person and you even get rated afterward so you know how effective what you said was - the fact they cover gas and routine maintenance is a plus but definitely not something you can do to live off of in itself. I'd say over 50% are open to subtle redpilling, 5-10% are legitimately toxic liberals, and 40-45% are relatively normal but too focused on some obscure thing for any political discussion. It was an interesting experience. I've used it a couple of times since then as a rider just to drive to things like ballgames where the company rented out a box and I couldn't find parking nearby but many of the riders I saw as a driver did use it for commuting (usually when their car was broken down.) As an added benefit the drivers are usually American instead of the standard Paki or Somali taxi drivers. Lyft never operated in my area. The one really irritating thing is the cognitive dissonance of the liberals always parroting:
In spite of the fact they seem to actually enjoy going on tirades about minorities or "livable minimum wages" which wouldn't irritate me aside from the fact you can tell they only say it to justify their use of Uber for a cheaper fare. For those ones I tended to take the 1-2 star rating for redpilling them about the evils of Uber management or Apple/Starbucks/etc to sow a seed of self-hatred for their life choices.

Overall, if you have autism/asperger's I'd highly recommend driving for Uber just to improve your social skills, otherwise it's only really useful if you have to go to a crowded even with no parking in sight.

Give me a break. Any jackass can own a car.

How often did FAGioli get his ass kicked in grade school for having a name with the word "fag" in it? I'm guessing daily.

That's only if you buy with a loan and pay other people to work on them for you.
t. guy who bought a car for $600 and fixed all the major problems

Look, they make cars these days to be almost idiotproof. You get an oil change at every 3k miles (you're a fucking mouth breathing mongoloid if you can't figure out how to change oil). You get a tune up every 70 to 100k. You need brakes about every 30k. If you can't change rotors, calipers and pads, again, you're a fucking tard.
Beyond that, most cars easily go for 150,000 miles before you need another one. If you think owning a car is impossible, you're an idiot. If you don't get tickets and drive like a mongoloid who can't change oil and do brakes, your insurance will stay reasonable.

Holla Forums is leaking.

Brian has youtube channel with unboxing videos.
youtube.com/user/btfagioli

i might actually try this after finishing school

I like it. It's just missing a direct link to betanews.

Brian FAGioli
Let's not even pretend guys,
Alright let's get started.
youtube.com/user/btfagioli/about
plus.google.com/ BrianFagioli
twitter.com/brianfagioli/ (Here he tells us Centereach, NY)
facebook.com/brian.fagioli (no location but he claims to be a Journalist and Data Scientist)
The whois on betanews is just registrar shit so useless.

whitepages.com/name/Brian-T-Fagioli/Centereach-NY/4ehs3ra
tells us.
69 Forest Rd Centereach NY 11720-2201

Send some pizza faggots.

By the way. His landwhale is even bigger than him. Didn't think that was possible but judge for yourselves. It's looks like the white whale harpooned an even bigger white whale.
facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1721884934693852&set=picfp.100006170854156.1721884774693868&type=3&theater
archive.is/v9yxj

He's feeding her pure lard.

RAVIOLI RAVIOLI BURN ME THAT FAGIOLI

Got bored.

Ravioli Ravioli is harder than the dick of Fagioli

Fagioli, Fagioli! Give me the Botnetoli

don't even bother with them, you'll get drivers like pic related

AMERICA WAS NEVER GAY

FUCK YOU KIKES!!!

Fagioli means beans

Brian Beans
Brian Faggot Beans

i had no idea he was so goddamn fat

jesus fucking christ

What kind of fagioli is he? Borlotti?

How does this donation make you feel about Lyft? Will you switch to it from Uber? Tell me in the comments

Well Brian, this has me feeling, uf, how can say it, it has me feeling a little gassed

Reminder that Fagioli sees no wrong with the Wingoy 10 datamine and sees it as "data sent to improve customer experience xDDDD"

FAGIOLI FAGIOLI GIVE ME THE BOTNETOLI

I made the mistake of hiring an uber driver while on vacation. Got a corsica that smelled like a retirement community with a treble heavy stereo conjured by Slaanesh himself piloted by a nigger in a jester hat. I could smell his breath from the passenger seat. Lost count of the drifting u-turns that happened because nobody could hear the iphone turned makeshift gps due to 90s r&b.

ily guys

FAGIOLI FAGIOLI LYFT DONATES TO MUSLIMOLIS

How does this donation make you feel about Lyft? Will you switch to it from Uber? Tell me in the comments

Well Brian,it makes me feel a little flatulent

wait, so uber wasn't a bunch of faggots and thats why this kike is kvetching about them. Welp good thing I use uber and not lyft

BRIAN FAGIOLI GIVE ME THE BOTNETIOLI

I think it's funny that commies are freaking out about Uber continuing service to JFK international airport instead of standing in unity with the taxi drivers and striking.

Pick one.

I don't like or use either of these shitty normie-tier apps.

That said, most likely Uber will cave to pressure and donate $$$ to der juden and come out with some anti-Trump / pro-rapefugee statement. So if that's our default, I don't see how we have a lot to lose by applying some memetics here. I can imagine the lulz if we push Uber as the NatSoc choice, and some buzzfeed writer monitoring this thread writes an article about how real-life Nazis are hitching Uber rides and how your next Uber driver could be Pepe the racist frog himself.

If we do nothing, they just cave to (((media))) pressure and it's a lost opportunity, and more silicon valley tech companies will do the same. If we apply memes, we get some lulz and maybe Uber resists (((media))), stands as an example to other companies.

What scares me is the mention of how other silicon valley companies are pressuring Uber to take a similar stance. It's fucking groupthink and it acts to reinforce itself. Applied chaos is always the best choice because it always fucks up all their best laid plans.

KEK WILLS IT

Whatever will we do without… Sudanese programmers? Boycott all this shit and let these cucks know.

You have to go back, spic.

The ACLU needs to be forcefully disbanded.

nice try chaim but the white man thrives on labor.

can we just make our own taxi service? all the drivers must be white and only pick up white passengers. both passenger and driver have to make a profile to prove it.

Hey. I wonder if these donations are an attempt to reduce taxes.

What organizations are the cucks donating to?

Ever have work done on your car faggot?

I have, and it's nice not be able to get an $8 ride back to my house within 10 minutes, unlike paying $20 without any idea when the drunk Txi dispatcher might let a driver know to come pick me up and drive me home.

PLUS, I don't have to carry cash on me or use a credit card - which was compromised the last time I used a Taxi.

No matter what service you use, too many non-whites are driving.

wew
It's like he doesn't know it's actually India that has low priced tech support call centers that suck and "smart" guys being shipped over here for import labor.

Are you retarded?

Get a job faggot.

WEW

Drunk college students

I know most of my fellow Holla Forumsacks are ignorant, but this takes the cake for retardation. I guess we need brownshirt cannon fodder for the RWDS though, so carry on.

That's why I own 2 cars. And I do all my own work.

FAGIOLI
BETA NEWS

That's real retarded sir.

This is the most jewish thing I've ever read on Holla Forums.

ravioli ravioli give me the formuoli

One of these things is not like the other.
One of these things does not belong.

it means beans in italian, if you're interested.

Any man that doesn't own his own car, in America, is quite honestly a beta faggot.

to be expected, the problems in the taxi industry that led to uber's existence was brought on precisely because of the liberal economic outlook, ie, a tightly regulated make-work program for immigrants which they're only too happy to abandon once a "free market" solution comes along

god damn it, I have coffee up my nose

FAGIOLI FAGIOLI CUM IN MY ASSHOLIOLI

God damn, I read about this whole NY Taxi union cucking itself to death over Trump only to be undercut and fatally BTFO by Uber on cuckpol yesterday. Now Lyft is donating a million bucks it probably doesn't have to virtue signal?

Seeing the free market blow the fuck out of retarded businesses who think the product they provide entitles them to a platform for their political bullshit brings a tear to my eye boys.

apparently not smart enough to telecommute.

welp. enjoy the next 4 years of seeing this OP image and format over, and over, and over.

FAGIOLI FAGIOLI'S TIME HAS COME ON Holla ForumsIOLI

That sounds like /cuteboy/ meme shit. So I heard.

I'm lower middle class from the thirld world with little disposable income. I drive a Ford since I'm 18. Save up? Get a used one? Whine more?

Some cities you need a car, and some are small and bike-or public transportation-friendly or something, I'll give you that.