Collector/Buyfag Thread: NEC Edition

We're halfway into March anons, what have you picked up or are looking to pick up?

Is a Nomad worth picking up without any upgrades? Can't imagine the batteries last long at all nowadays. Need a better TV since mine can't handle 60hz mode on my Mega Drive mark 1 well.

Other urls found in this thread:

hdretrovision.com/snes/
wired.com/2015/09/akihabara-4/
zerobin.net/
twitter.com/suupabasu/with_replies
tokyocheapo.com/shopping-2/retro-gaming-tokyo-akihabara-friend/
chriskohler.biz/retro-game-shops-japan/
mynagoya.net/shops/second-hand-shops/
youtube.com/user/seismicxcharge/live
ebay.com/itm/Illusion-of-Gaia-Super-Nintendo-Entertainment-System-1994-CART-ONLY-/141962308364?hash=item210d9ceb0c:g:8kkAAOSwYmZXE1dV
prettysoldierproject.com/2015/03/26/sailor-moon-another-story-part-1/
volafile.io/get/zdO3PnNpw65bDg/Nier Manual HD.7z
volafile.io/get/W2ssP3Npw67NDw/Nier Manual HD.7z.sig
zerobin.net/?
endchan.xyz/v/res/1175.html#7677
segaretro.org/Master_Gear_Converter
ebay.co.uk/itm/Playstation-NES-Dreamcast-Quad-core-HTPC-Desktop-PC-Retro-Video-Game-Console-Mod-/252361270033?hash=item3ac1e76311:g:i9QAAOSwP~tW5a7j
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Finally found most of my super nintendo shit.
Also bought a copy of chrono trigger for "way too much, but still much cheaper than buying it off ebay.)

Already posted in the other thread >>9050542. OP, you've got like three of these up right now (not that I blame you given current posting issues), pick one and get the others deleted.

What, they were lost?

Part of why I'm glad the DS version's a pretty solid version, since it's cheaper than the SNES cart.

Still can't believe PAL regions had to wait 14 years for an official release of that game.

In my closet, yeah, buried under a mess of wires boxes and dvd. i just didn't really give enough of a shit to find it because my TV is too modern to use them, without something like a retron 5.

Ah. Never had an SNES myself (and much as I'd like to the prices on the games I'd like are way too expensive), but what sort of wires do they use in the back as far as connecting with a TV? Got me wondering if my TV could even connect with them (it's an HDTV, but still takes cords for stuff like the PS2).

I finally added a Dreamcast to my collection today. Got it along with 3 controllers, 2 VMUs, a rumble pack, and a good quality copy of Soul Reaver, all for $24 plus a trade of 4 of my Genesis games (they were shit).

One of the VMU's had a battery explode in it but I took some baking soda to it and cleaned it up and now it's working fine. The other one is just dead batteries, and the Dreamcast itself has a dead clock battery that I'll have to replace later.

All in all I'm pretty satisfied with the haul.

Here's >>9049743 if you want more ideas of things to look into. Just keep in mind that some of those never came west, or farther west than Europe on the system.

If you TV can accept RF or god forbid composite it can run a super nintendo in theory. In practice it looks like absolute shit because the snes to just too old, if i remember this right, the resolution snes runs at just confuses the fuck out of most modern HDTVs(or at least the ones with shit scalers?). The result is they take the 240i/p resolution and output it at 1080i/p which produces a jittery, stretched out and washed out mess.

There are tons of methods around this, the one that involves the least modding(unless you own a snes mini) are these custom made component cables
hdretrovision.com/snes/

Thanks, user! The only games I really had in mind were crazy taxi and shenmue, but I forgot about chuchu rocket and some of the other ones on there that I've always been told to play.

How's your collection going?

Went to goodwill yesterday found a bunch of ps1 survival horror for 3 bucks each. I found silent hill 1 alone in the dark, resident evil survivor and resident evil directors cut. All of them in mint condition also found a vita tv for 20 bucks but i don't own a vita but still cool to see it that cheap.

Keep in mind that Shenmue II is Xbox exclusive in the US.

Not bad. Things have been slow recently since I'm currently trying to make sure I've got enough money to pick up Odin Sphere Leifthrasir this June. Mentioned it in the other thread, but I got a complete copy of Rogue Galaxy earlier this month. Much as I'd been meaning to look into it, I would have passed if I hadn't had about $20 in quarters and dimes I have no use for since FUCKING COINSTAR no longer does gift vouchers for stuff like Amazon.

Might as well mention it here as well, but VGP is apparently getting upcoming reprint shipments of various DS games, including the otherwise quite pricy to buy (complete, anyhow) Infinite Space and Front Mission if those are of interest to anyone.

Nice, I hear that Silent Hill PS1's gotten a bit hard to find and/or expensive these days.

Huh. I know HDTVs aren't the best for playing, say, PS1 and PS2 games, but in my experiences they still look pretty nice set to 4:3 to at least keep the aspect ratio. Still, I suppose the SNES being older it might have some potential issues with newer TVs. Too bad I don't have room for a bulky CRT; friend's family was getting rid of their old one and I could have gotten it for free, but that thing was a fucking monster in size.

Im about to finish the Mario Party series, but I'm still looking for 2 complete for a decent price. Also, about to buy a Honeyee x Fragment DS lite and maybe a premium DS lite

Original Xbox is still on my bucket list (wish I still had mine, fucking parents selling my shit). It's pretty far down on my list though since there's so few exclusives for it that I give a shit about.

Rogue Galaxy is pretty good shit! I've never played any of the odin sphere games but I've always heard good things. Hope you manage to pick it up!

Yeah for sure i all ready had a copy i paid 15 bucks for lol but that new one is going on the shelf never to be played.

What I keep having good luck with in finding stuff or at good prices has been the PS2, DS, and occasionally Gamecube to a lesser degree. Only really good priced PS1 finds I've had for a while were complete Koudelka and Xenogears a few years back for $12 and $5 respectively. Then again, I mainly use a CFW PSP to play PS1 games these days (benefit of both avoiding some of the high prices various games have, as well as "try it before you buy it"), though there's a few like Wild Arms 1 and 2 I hope to find in good condition, complete, and at reasonable prices.

Also, the Goodwills, Savers, and pawn shops here are all shit for vidya.

Also went dumpster diving 2 weeks ago behind a retro game/card game store and they throw there returned consoles in the trash, the only way i found out they we're doing it is when i just looked and i saw a gba sp it turned on but had a fucked up battery cover. But this time i found 5 old xboxs a broken coleco vision intelivision 4 fat ps2s 5 sega genesis consoles one being the model two all of them turn on but have fucked up cosmetics or broken controller ports. i think im going to have to get into modding now

Every time I see the OP pictures for these threads I think there's a chance that Superbus has returned. Every time I'm met with the same harsh reality.

Same with me every time I see a image of something Double K related as a thread opener. It's been a good 2-3 years now and still neither word nor update to the comic from the captain.

Still, isn't it at least known that Superbus is busy with medical school stuff, or something along those lines? Captainosaka just vanished without much of a trace.

Fuck it, gonna pick up the Nomad. May as well get more use out of my Everdrive.

My bad, did.

Is a dead DC battery worth the hassle to replace? My modded DC even came with a dead battery. Seems like a pain in the ass.

Nice shit user.

Sorry to raise your hopes user.

Well, it's not expensive by any means, assuming you have a low voltage soldering iron laying around. All you need is an LIR2032 and a battery holder that fits the same 3 prong setup on the board, which all together runs you about $8. Open it up, melt the old solder off, remove battery, put in new holder, solder contacts, insert battery, put case back on. Done and done.

Yeah, I'd been holding off on Rogue Galaxy since I'd recalled seeing something in the past about it not working on certain PS2 models, but took the shot and it works on mine.

Already have Odin Sphere half paid for due to a $25 gift card I got for Christmas. Still not sure if I'd rather get the PS3 or Vita version though.

Just got a rare import, locally, for both the share threads, and everyone worldwide, since the seeds are gone.

Try guessing, before I expose it

Any experienced buyfags here know if it would it be worth it to go to Japan for, among many other wonderful things to do there, the chance to save on games for various platforms and have even a slim chance at landing something like a PC-9821, a Neo Geo CDZ, or an X68000?

Not real familiar with what imports are exactly rare, but I assume it's a PS3 game that never came west, or one that got butchered if it did, since otherwise I assume otherwise there wouldn't be a demand for someone to rip it.

What, you mean the shit nobody really gives a fuck about? Not really. Like every other weeaboo who thinks Japan is hot shit, you're just setting yourself up for disappointment. All the games and shit that people actually want have for the most part been siphoned away from there.

Not that I think you're lying, but do you have any kind of link or source on that? It's strange that every other travel guide or site or discussion board I've seen gives the opposite impression.

Something Kamen Rider related.

both correct, last statement slight difference, but technically correct.

another hint

This video made by two very obsessive collectors and the article it's based on
wired.com/2015/09/akihabara-4/

People have pretty much snapped up all the interesting games/consoles, at least in the big cities.

I'm going to guess drakengard 3 because the european version is just a slip of paper with a psn code.

oh hey, RepliCant.

your guess is cute.

holyshit HWs, I removed the former images from my list of files!

ceredibly close, but!
zerobin.net/
?fa4d9c5aa206afb3
#996BaCUR7IErdtxoq1sX2N2gIv28+uoWi67t11V/XfE=

ding ding ding

I was thinking it might have been Drakengard 3 or the other version of Nier.

I miss those. Hell, I miss manuals in general.

I keep forgetting why I shifted to collecting laserdiscs and DVDs. I love games, oftentimes moreso than movies and TV shows, but I just can't afford to keep up with ebay resellers and forum speculation.

It's frustrating, too, because I'm willing to bet most of those purchases are not made with the intention of actually playing the game. It's hoarding, but it's okay because you have to be rich or make flea market diving nearly a full-time thing to do it.

sometimes, sometimes you can still get those in 2016

I mean - look at this copy of Luminous Arc Infinity! 44 page color manual!

Yeah, maybe still with Japanese games, but here in the west they've mostly been culled completely to my knowledge, aside from a few releases. Hell, some companies like Namco have gotten so heap/lazy on production that they don't even make a separate health warning sheet anymore and just print it on the back of the cover art.

How is that anyhow? Also, I know that the prior games likely didn't sell that well here (given Atlus didn't even bother with localizing Luminous Arc 3: Eyes), but since Marvelous is involved it makes me wonder if XSEED might pick it up if it's worthwhile.

Oh hell, trying to delete 2 files, deletes all of them!: damn it HW!

You can guess two at a time, lol!
guess what I was&am doing as you all guess?
sample

recall to make a back up on BD-XL M-Disc for all of them! Disc rot will bit you!

Unfortunately, even in Japan a lot of games don't come with manuals anymore. Marvelous Japan is really a bit of an exception where every game I've bought from them have really nice manuals.

I haven't played it yet… I'm not sure if XSEED will localize it though. I'd say if we don't hear anything by E3 we're not getting it.

Also, I guess I should mention that the most I usually see for a "manual" in Japanese games now is a small 2 page booklet that shows the controls.

My NA copy of Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F 2nd has a better manual than my Japanese copy of Project Diva X.

I've had enough luck still with finding games cheap for various systems that I can't quite give up on them. Though there are some systems I just can't justify picking stuff up for. The SNES for example; Gamecube would be too if I hadn't already had some of the games for it when prices started to go way up, and the occasional good find (Fire Emblem for $10, Super Mario Sunshine for $12, Pikmin 2 for $2) keeps me slowly working on it.

Make a PDF out of them if possible.

I wouldn't necessarily say that; there's some cases where a game doesn't come out here until years after the original release in Japan (certainly not an ideal situation, but still).

But again, I wouldn't be surprised if the fact that Atlus apparently didn't have faith in bringing LA3 west doesn't exactly inspire confidence from other localizers in bringing the new one over.

Yeah, tracking the state of manuals across a long running series, especially one you like, is usually a sad affair, watching them go from full color, lengthy, informative, and at times with elements just meant for fun, to a four page spread grayscale controller schematic in at least three languages, if even present anymore.

Atleast the Dragon Quest Builders "manual" was color, though half of it was ads.

I think I remember seeing that the PS4 version had an "actual" manual, so idk.

Heh, the lighting in the 3rd picture made it look like the blood drops weren't there and the kanji looked like it was written in gold, so I thought the game had a bright and pretty theme like one of those Kamen Rider games.

Just reading that train of thought, so fucking cute!
Sadly, the CD cover has no blood, the rest is lighting:

I'm taking a week or two trip to Japan sometime this year due to work, and was told there's some pretty good vidya shops there.

I know they sell old consoles, comparatively cheap to the West, but was wondering what they're like with games. Older consoles obviously don't have region-lock, but does any user know if Japanese stores stock English games?

First of all, can you wait for Comiket 90?

Even if no/&yes, there are plenty plenty of thrift stores, PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS GOOD, CONTACT THIS GUY:
twitter.com/suupabasu/with_replies
email in header^

He's been missing for months, no word. But he really can hook you up. If I cared to, like really hard, I could list them all. But best if you tell me where in Nippon are you visiting, since it's a fucking large island.

Nah, looks like I'm being sent out around mid-June, so nowhere near Comiket.
I'll be sure to check out that guy for local knowledge (I assume he's in Japan).
I'm off to Tokyo AFAIK, and will be making personal stopovers at Osaka to check out Universal Studios (Apparently there's Godzilla exhibits) and the Bandai Museum in the Tochigi Prefecture (I'm still not sure how their districts works, but it's a little ways north of Tokyo).

Real shame I'm not into Weeb games, else I'd have a field day. Might pick up some titles for friends, however.

You are in good hands then, mombot lives @東京, and both go to each city often. Be sure to contact them. I was told another contact, but somehow, I misplaced my c90 congregates list. I want to make this c90 the best one yet.

**looking at my browser history, it maybe myuranran….*

But an easy list would be to search online, even googlemaps and around, for [ゲーム]古物商 or リサイクルショップ *(ゲーム beign optional)
Some cursory materials: tokyocheapo.com/shopping-2/retro-gaming-tokyo-akihabara-friend/
chriskohler.biz/retro-game-shops-japan/
mynagoya.net/shops/second-hand-shops/

Being honest, I am by no means an expert, a bacteria at most, but confidently I can say walking around and visiting shops with someone, esp. obscure ones, is a worthwhile experience.

Speaking of myuranran he's live, right now, streaming feeding his eel: youtube.com/user/seismicxcharge/live

How hard are PC98's the come by? Shit ton of games are on Ebay, but never find the system itself.

Anyone used Amazon JP yet? How it is?

Disappointing. I mean, I didn't mind finding a cheap complete copy of Klonoa that still had the old "Upcoming Namco Releases" booklet inside, but while it was still the company shilling in a way, it wasn't part of the game manual itself.

Those things are pretty great, especially when they advertise unreleased games like some of the xbox ones.

My only noteworthy item from the most recent trip, I had to Jew the seller down to $10 due to the condition of the box. Luckily enough I have a dense block that is the exact shape of the PC game big-box, so I can flatten out the lid no problem. Haven't tested the floppies yet though.

Yeah, I speculate that the booklet Klonoa came with may have been the only real marketing some games got here, such as Tales of Destiny (fat lot of good that did for it sales). I think Eternia at least got a full page advertisement or store poster or something, whatever this was (which didn't help it in sales either, which is sad because it's a really good game in my experiences with it).

Do you have a SNES or a Super Famicom? I initially tried saving money by getting the Japanese versions of games, with the vast majority of them being okay to play without knowledge of the language. Only system I felt like collecting the American version of was the Genesis and Sega CD, which got the better library than Mega Drive in Japan.

The prices for those have also gotten out of control and I'd get a disk system for my Famicom, but I don't trust any Ebay sellers enough to send the games in working condition.

Neither, I don't have the Super Nintendo in any of its formats. Got interested in it a it too late (meanwhile with other systems like the PS2, most prices are still reasonable, if rising slowly). Got plenty of downloaded roms of various games for it though, and the amount of fan translations also gives less reason for me to deal with scalpers on it (considering a good chunk of the library that's in English now doesn't even have legitimate English prints). I may prefer having actual copies, but I don't mind emulating when it's more feasible.

i finally wired my tg16 to have AV output instead of the coax.

i got bonks revenge in the box. sealed. with the price tag. also, blazing lasers is my shit. i want another good platformer for it. any suggestions?

im currently looking into buying a vectrex. that line animation is bad ass and cannot be emulated.

I still love collecting, but it is absolutely frustrating in today's market. Every Ear gaged hipster and their purple haired mother are into collecting it seems.

I already have ~80% of what I'm looking for anyway. Going after specifics on ebay and amazon crushes my soul from the outrageous prices and shipping fees. Not to mention retards who don't know how to properly list the items they're selling.

Picked up a copy of the first Suikoden today for $20, saw Suikoden 2 at the same place, but they wanted $120 and the manual had major damage so passed on it.

SNES is expensive, sure, but i don't think it's THAT bad yet. There's still a few great games that are ~20 bucks(though some of them might require a bit of waiting) like Actraiser, Illusion of gaia, YS III, and super bomberman 2.

Now if you want something truly, truly insane, try Turbo grafx 16. Virtually any game you can think of for that thing is going to be pricy, even the fucking sports games like madden.

Is Ys III's SNES incarnation all that good? I seem to recall hearing it was originally the black sheep of the series until Ys V nearly killed the franchise, or something (and from what I know of it, Ys V has still never been given the remake treatment, the way III and IV have)

But yeah, I know there's still a few cheapish games, but where I live it's just DKC 1-3 and SMW that are $20 or less each, at least as far as the still worthwhile games at those prices go.

Also, last time I saw Illusion of Gaia, the store I was at wanted $50 for a beat up copy of it. Though I suppose it's worth mentioning that that store doesn't know what they're doing in both good and bad ways (the good ways being why I keep going back).

Nice job on Suikoden. I usually see it for $40 or so where I live (though both Suikoden II and V are more expensive). Cheapest I've seen Suikoden II for was $80 complete, but it was really beat up.

snes is expensive depending on the type of game. multiplayer games and RPGs are expensive.

you know what though? dont buy games at stores or online unless you can find a good ebay bid. i got a turbografx in great condition, with 5 games one of them still shrink wrapped in box (bonks revenge). i even opened it on one side to confirm it was legit. has a poster and coupons. it came with 3 controllers and the thing for multiple controllers.

all that with shipping for about $120. i recently picked up blazing lazers for $15. 20 after shipping.

but you know what? take a tip from your mom. garage sales. people will sell entire collections of games for $50.

i picked up a box full of atari 2600 games with some genesis games mixed in. ~30 atari games, and about 5 genesis games. plus an n64 controller and some 3rd party controller for some system ive never seen. the guy said it was $30. and he threw in an old working TV with wood furniture for $20. and some weights.

(i use old TVs to hook up period relevent TVs in my game room)

for example my atari is hooked to a 1979 25" zenith space command.

i cant wait to get a vectrex

There's still one store around where I live that's all around pretty good, but they still ask too much for SNES games, even with some being a good $20 cheaper than elsewhere around here. And while I can find good deals at a local multimedia chain, they're wise to the SNES' value as scalper bait and you're not apt to find much good there for it as far as prices go.

I rarely have luck with yard sales either where I live; earliest systems you can really find games for is sixth gen at them around where I am, and even then, both selection and prices are pretty hit or miss.

What sort of library does that system have anyhow? I don't know that much about it, aside from the fact that the DS apparently later borrowed various ideas from it.

It's a love it/hate it kind of game, but it's just unrefined.

This is one of those "bad ways" i assure you, even a quick peak at ebay shows a great looking copy that's not even half of what they're asking.
ebay.com/itm/Illusion-of-Gaia-Super-Nintendo-Entertainment-System-1994-CART-ONLY-/141962308364?hash=item210d9ceb0c:g:8kkAAOSwYmZXE1dV

Aside from ebay(which takes an incredible amount of watching/waiting to get a good deal) I tend to just go to a pawn shop down the street from me, since even when they do check prices of the games online, they almost always price them a good 10/20 bucks cheaper if possible and make sure the damn thing works.

Yeah, I figured they were asking above selling average. For whatever reason this store has a tendency to either ask way above, or way below average. I've managed to get stuff like Yakuza 2 for $12 complete there, but at the same time I've seen them ask $50 for a cart only copy of Secret of Evermore, which was twice what another store I know of would ask for it.

I wish the local pawn shops here were decent, but between them, Goodwill/Savers, and generally poor luck at finding much decent at yard sales, I suspect that most people where I live are either smart enough to take their games somewhere that they stand to get a decent amount of money for it in turn, or just sell it online, leaving the non-entertainment focused stores to get the dregs they either couldn't get enough for or that no one wants to buy. Either that or reselling scalpers making the rounds buy up anything decent before others can find it.

thats good. yea, nintendo classic game have a big following. yard sales are worth stopping by if youre up in the morning. if i see one i always pull in and give a quick look for games or old electronics.

vectrex has people still making games for it. it has a shockingly large following. its a system with a built in TV that uses a unique kind of display not emulated anywhere.

it uses vector graphics which draw lines. check a youtube video. it cant be emulated because TVs display pixels while this draws lines.

actually watching it on youtube wont display it properly because the monitor youre watching it on cant do exactly that.

the games are fun and simple, like atari. the main draw is the graphics display and variety of new developments for it.

forgot about pawn shops. by me many of them gouge prices. but similarly, salvation army and goodwill are good places if you dont mind the filthy hobos that hang around.

many of the games use a 3D perspective which looked damn good.

i want it more for the novelty, most of my collections are about nostalgia, but i have an interest in this just because its an interesting system that passed me by.

one day i hope to be able to purchase gun based arcade games…

i recently attempted to buy an arcade console at auction from a closing kids restaurant. they have the 52" cabinet with the 2 machine guns for that game… cant remember the name right now. but its the one that you stand on a platform, its 2 players, and each gets a 2 handed machine gun and the game you shoot from a helicopter. there was an LA version and a NY version. different games but essentially the same gameplay. i was willling to pay $9000 for it. i didnt even have a place to put the thing and i didnt care.

the bid for that item closed at $14,000. leaving me feeling sad and poor.

Threadly reminder i hate this hobby and 90% of the hobbyists inside it because they are jews or act like ones
But i find odd that almost none of you are, so i hope you get good catches, im done until i get a job
But i cant keep my eyes out of it, at least entirely

I'm the toughbook user from a few threads back, I've now started collecting older, unique computers.
Pic related is what I just bought for $239 of of ebay, but silver.
It's a Sony UX390N UMPC, not very common, runs windows 7.

Seems pretty neat.

I see the occasional user wanting to know how much he can expect to resell shit for, but I think most people here understandably hate being scalped and the whole "if it's old, it's worth gold" mindset plaguing prices for various games or systems, and as such wouldn't want to shit up the aftermarket for various things further. Part of why I generally have a "patience and perseverance" method for most used games that are a bit too pricy for me, because chances are, with a bit of time invested and searching around, I can eventually find it at a much better price. Of course, it depends on the game/system. Some games I just don't see around at all (not even exactly that they're rare or common, just ones that don't crop up much locally since people apparently aren't apt to trade them in at stores), to the point that on the rare occasion I do I drop the money if they're not asking above average and it's in good, complete condition.

A game should be from 5 to 60 bucks, extreme cases around 100
But nowadays everything good is over 40, rare above 70 and extreme cases go beyond the 200 mark
Collecting is easy for the most part, but the meat, the real deal in the library will cost you way more than the rest
The 80-20 rule here applies correctly (80% of the work will take you 20% of the time, the details, the other 20% of the work, will take you 80% of the time)
Add money instead of time, but keep time too because i also use the patience, but in the lapse of my serious searches, 4 years, i havent found a whole lot that isn't Superbus gifts (ripip his Santaness)

Yeah, it's pretty rare that I willingly pay more for a game than it initially came out for, and in some cases, reprints help with avoiding that.

With, say, the PS2, there's plenty of downright great games that are still within the $5-20 range, though they're still going up some, but overall, there's only a handful of games I'd say are truly expensive there. But then you have other cases, such as the Gamecube, where even the really good selling stuff can cost you a solid $40 or more, just because it's part of a recognizable Nintendo series, and even with various multiplatform games, the Gamecube versions occasionally go for 2-3 times what they do on the PS2 or Xbox.

I just tend to take things slowly in searching, note what things are going for so I know when I see a good deal on a game I'm interested in playing, and when I do see a cheap find, I snap it up. Saved a lot of money on stuff that way, and in some cases, the fraction I paid just gets smaller as the game continues to go up since then. I remember finding a copy of Chibi-Robo last year or so for $9 when it was averaging $30 or so, and now it's going for about $70 locally.

I want to install Linux on it

Oh yeah i remember my Chibi copy, got it for 25 but the game had very limited copies outside the U.S., so i got a very good deal
Still this takes forever, and stuff is overly expensive now, a good deal now is a normal/somewhat expensive deal back then, i'm scared of the future

Also u guys wanna trade? :^)

I remember getting a copy of Chibi robo for a buck when gamestop was clearing gamecube shit out, though i immediately sold it off when it turned out to be garbage.

US here. If you guys had a more limited print than we did, and it's up to $70 where I'm at locally, I can't imagine you guys have it cheaper.

Best time for getting stuff seems to be when a system is on its way out and places that have actively stocked heavily for it (such as fucking Gamestop) are working to get rid of what they have that remains. Outside of that, for older systems you really just have to have a decent method for it, or half decent local stores (or ones that just don't know what the fuck they're doing, provided it's in a good way), since unlike online vendors, it strikes me that there's more of a chance of finding a place NOT going off of Amazon/ebay prices in person compared to online.

As for the future, there's occasionally reprints that make things easier on those wanting various games. As mentioned higher up, Infinite Space is finally getting one exclusively through a Canadian vendor, and I'd wager $40USD or so for a sealed copy beats what I've been seeing complete used ones going for lately.

I wish I'd had more spending money back when Gamestop was clearing out their Gamecube stuff. Only games I picked up from there around then were a double pack Ocarina of Time and Windwaker Bundle for $30 and Eternal Darkness for $15. I mean, they'd also had Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance there for $28 or so complete, and look what that's at these days (not that I still didn't get my own copy for cheaper).

I haven't gotten shit really. Game hunting has gotten pretty dry around here.

I recently went to Superbit con, but it seems prices were even higher than last year. I think we are going to be in this mess for another year, or two before the retro boom finally busts. Resellers are selling the commonest of common NES games for upwards of $15 to $20 now. I did pick up a repro of Sailor Moon Another story, I remember playing it when emulation was still a new thing. I also picked up Rescue rangers, peter pan and the pirates, and a boy and his blob. Picked up an ascii grip too, the seller wanted $10 and I've always wanted to try it out.

On a side note, I stopped off at a flea market, and found a Skyward sword Wiimote for $10. I still had plenty of cash when I got home so I bought a retron 5 off amazon for $100. I have a Samsung CRT set to the side, but when my friend came over, I realized what a pain in the ass it is to dig everything out, and set up. I figured if it shits out on me, I'll just return it and import a retro-freak.

Is that the fighting or RPG Sailor Moon game? Just wondering; think both of those (that I know of; not sure if the SFC had more of them) have been fan translated, but I could be wrong.

It's an rpg. It takes place after the series if I recall right. Some evil force shows up and screws up the timeline, so you battle all the major monsters and villains from the shows history.

I haven't played it yet. I was waiting on my retron 5 to show up before I got invested in it. Having a full time job, I really don't have the time to spend in an old school rpg. So if I need to stop, rather than waiting and trying to find a save point I can just do a save state. and pick up where I left off.

Was the game good from your memory of it? Just wondering, since I've heard decent stuff about other licensed SFC JRPGs like Slayers and that Ranma 1/2 one.

It was your standard JRPG at the time. I can't really recall if it did anything new, I just remember battles were basic FF stuff. The graphics are really what stuck out the most.

Here's a little more info:
prettysoldierproject.com/2015/03/26/sailor-moon-another-story-part-1/

I've been told linux works, but you lose some functionality and things are rough. I've seen someone quad boot with vista, 7, XP, and OSX. Yes, it will run OSX.

Yeah, from those shots it's pretty neat seeing proportions be more 1:1 for the time rather than the standard super deformed or chibi style ones, though I suppose bosses still have the usual much larger sprite than player's party does.

Managed to pick up Chrono Trigger for DS for $10, and Metal Gear Solid for GBC for $20. I manage to get pretty lucky when people come by to trade items in a retro stores. Granted it is a little…annoying to the store I suppose if I snipe things from them but usually employees dont mind too much as long as I do it all outside.
one had gotten pissed at me since I sniped something he would have liked to buy and resell, but screw him

oi, I forgot to mention I upload the images 7z'ed on volafile, which expire in 2 days:
password: {Nier Manual HD}
"{}" included
gpp signature for verification:
volafile.io/get/W2ssP3Npw67NDw/Nier Manual HD.7z.sig
The temporary public key: zerobin.net/? 1872804ac5f01ce2
Spaced^, and key to URL on subject line
Making the .PS, .PDF, .CB7, and .DjVu. Reverse order of preference.

oi, I forgot to mention I upload the images 7z'ed on volafile, which expire in 2 days:
password: {Nier Manual HD}
"{}" included
more details here: endchan.xyz/v/res/1175.html#7677

see:
posting on endchan from now on, this shit is too frustrating

Nice job on Chrono Trigger; if it's complete, that usually goes or about $25 on the DS where I live. But I'm surprised those stores will even tolerate you doing that, offering people better deals than they're liable to get in trade in value. I suppose it depend on the quality of the store; there's one I know of that i'm happy to see them always busy since they've always been pretty good to me, but there's a number of others I couldn't give a shit about and it honestly baffles me how they're able to remain open.

Yeah, it is complete. Even has some little poster with the manual too. And it isnt so much they tolerate it, but nothing they can really do. If the person just doesnt want to sell the game then, how can they dictate what that person does with their own items. So what if they just go outside afterwards with those games and I toss them a few bucks?

I also know a lot of the employees and buy a ton of stuff from the store anyway. So it isnt like I am a huge jerk to the place. They also know Im a big collector and I wouldnt ever just try to snipe a duplicate of something I already have.

Nice, mine didn't have the poster and the last time I saw a cheap complete copy of it where I live that had one (was thinking of picking it up for a friend that still needs to give the game a go), I wasn't going to drop $12 on such a beat up copy even with the poster itself being in excellent condition.

I suppose that's a fair point. Just that from the post earlier you'd made it sound like you were doing that at a store you really didn't like much.

Where I am, some of the different stores get along well enough (even recommending you look at X, Y, or Z place if they themselves don't have a copy), but some of the other ones are really cutthroat about potentially lost profit, and would rather tell you to check back again than mention any other store's existence. Wouldn't surprise me if trying that at some of them would be grounds for not being allowed to shop there again (though with the prices some of these places ask, I don't go there much anyhow). Not as if they aren't paranoid as is about people potentially snooping their (overly high) prices.

Yeah, I was just disgruntled about one employee. Ever other time I have done this the employees don't care and or encourage it. I snagged Super Metroid for $20 one time this way and the employee told the guy selling his stuff to just take my offer. The employee that got mad at me though just likes to flip things. He gets his employee discount on stuff and sells things online to make like $5, so he got mad I ended up getting a game he might want to grab. Telling me I should know better or something, and that I shouldn't buy the "good games" off of other customers. Because it is selfish or something along those lines.

What really kills me is I have seen him buy some really good things from the store and thought he was getting them for his collection, then come to find out he is the store's biggest customer and just flips everything he buys.

Yeah, at the best store I know of where I live, they have a week wait period on new games arriving before an employee is allowed to pick them up for themselves. Customer comes first and all.

How long ago did you manage to get Super Metroid at that price? When I've been seeing it lately it's been about $60 at most stores here, provided they even have it.

Wow, that would be really nice. Wish my local store did something like that.

And I want to say it was probably last year in march, maybe? The stores around here offered $10 on a check, or $15 store credit, and sold it for $40. I offered the guy $20 and he sold it to me. But wow, I cant believe it is creeping upwards of $60, that is absurd. Glad I have my copy now. kek, Ill have to let my brother know. He really wants the game but didnt want to pay more than $20 for it, and figured if anything he could always find it for $30

Also, a few new finds as of tonight, got it all for $40, I figure thats probably a good deal.

Update on

I decided to play some Gameboy games. As I was digging in my GBA stack, I ran across one of those video carts. I picked up a GBA lot at goodwill a few years ago and it had a bunch of mario, and kiddy games. I'm pretty sure this was mixed in with the lot. Anyway, holy shit, people paid money for moving jpegs?

You know you're not suppose to play those on a giant ass tv screen, that's why shit like game boy players won't run it.

They're an all around good little chain of shops, and are even willing to ship between locations if a further one has a copy of something you're looking for but the closest one to you doesn't). They also have professional disc cleaning/buffing and do cartridge repairs/battery replacement too.

Yeah, the best store around here asks a fair bit less, with Super Metroid at $45, but it's still a bit much. Everywhere else wants $60 though. I really don't like having to pay more than maybe $20 or so for cartridge only games.

Yeah they did. And at two episodes a cart. I never bought any of those, be it now or back when they were current, but I hope they didn't ask anywhere near the full $35-40 price for that shit.

i got a see-thru GBA and Croc 2 for the GBC for $50aud yesterday, Not the best deal, but i was happy with it.
Is this the sorta thread to show pictures of our collections?

Very little if any gba games ever went past 30 bucks, IIRC, those were 5-10 bucks for the cartoons, and 20-25 for movies,

You should never be proud about paying reseller prices for any game. Then again, AUD…
Yeah, collection images are fine.

Ah. It's been a long time since the GBA was current; thought it was the usual $35-40 new prices later systems like the DS have seen.

Yeah, if you can actually get them to go through. Site's been so wonky today I've been having to use the alacrity beta to just get thread/catalog too load faster and more reliably so I can read them, even if I can't post directly from it

Might as well post my snes collection, some of these games look like shit because i've had them since i was 3(or i found it for free like that fucked up Street fighter 2)

just some quick shots of some of it. lotta second hand cheap prices but the snes carts tend to be drawn on.

…Why so many duplicates? I see two or three of all the super marios and kirby's avalanche.

Any duplicates are ones i got given to me or got for free.

The big thing is that he could have at least made a message about it on his page or site (the latter of which is now gone) about him having to drop it X amount of time/entirely. But we've heard absolutely nothing, and when he did come back from a hiatus before in 2013, he only got three pages out, a few images for other things, and then dropped off the face of the earth. I hear rumor he might have taken up a piano gig or something (going by comments left from other people on his deviantart), but if he's not dead it's as if he doesn't want to be associated with his buddy-cop TTGL fan comic at all anymore, since no one's heard jack shit from him in years.

Bit hard to see what you have in browser when the image opens upside-down.

I might post my own a bit later; not sure I trust posting to work that well right now; been hard enough just getting small images to go through lately.

I heard he's playing piano now. Someone tracked down his name, and he was working at some nightclub or something.

Just snagged these up on ebay for a reasonable price. Shadowrun came boxed with manual for $30 and kirby cart only for $15 both free ship. Living down here in south-west Florida really sucks in terms of resellers and a dried up supply. retro store that I go to sells at ebay prices but pretty much gives away their import selection to me. Now I pretty much only have famicom, sufami, Jap64, JapSaturn & Dreamcast, and some JapPS1 games. his prices on Genesis games are still pretty low compared to ebay prices so I can still get those for decent when I buy a few together. Sucks living in a small(er) town that happens to have huge stacks of cash floating around it, all the prices are high as fuck and the cheap supply has been slowly drained off.

I can't say that I've had experience looking for games there (I live clear on the other side of the country), but I seem to recall having heard from at least one user that VideoGamesRescue was decent (I've been trying to keep a text file of names of vidya stores I've seen people say good things about on a state to state basis); not sure what part of the state they're in. I think I've also heard some place down there called Games Galore went to absolute shit though.

Never liked those PAL spines for PS2 games. They just look so bland to me.

Uniformed flippers, one of the worst kind of scalpers along with the VGA Grading Jew

Sucks more to live in a region with no retailers
That means the influx of games/market depends on outsiders or locals who bought from far away and brought it back
Right now there's a bunch of retailers but for old stuff that means zero chance, Sega/early-Sony is non-existant and the only option is to assault foreign stores or shipping

Poor countryside folks, only now can i truly see your pain

i agree, i would prefer colour backs any day

Fuck it didn't work.
Ah fuck it, try opening on a separate tab, for some reason that seems to work just fine.

Sometimes it takes your choice in local store going under to make you expand in range of searching for replacements. That's what happened to me when the last non-Gamestop vidya focused store in town (a Play'n'trade) bit the dust. Had to start searching in the surrounding towns where there's less Gamestop. I found a number of vidya places, as well as multimedia stores (always hit or miss, but the hits have been big for me), and one of them is now my personal go-to since they've been pretty good to me for the last few years. I just wish they'd open a closer location, but I guess no one wants to take the risk of opening a place here with so many Gamestops around.

Tried that. Yeah, it opened fine. But geez, fix the focus on your camera. Shit's grainy, and while some I can make out from the blurry labels alone, others I really can't.

Fine then one last time, should of known not to use my phone to take that.

Much better. Taking a photo with a phone isn't always an issue if it has both automatic and manual focus options (mine does), but having an actual camera is ideal. Too bad I don't have my old one I was borrowing for classes around anymore.

I know the first one is a bit bland (I've had the GBA port before), but it makes me wonder just how much of the plot/characterization is missing compared to the Japanese original, given the issue of character/line limitations (the sort of thing that resulted in characters having names changed to something with four or less letters, as well as all those at-first-glance baffling item names). Also a shame that Capcom has repeatedly given no shit about fixing the official translation for BoF II, but at least there's the retranslation patch.

I heard he's playing piano now. Someone tracked down his name, and he was working at some nightclub or something.

Those PS3 games being in there the wrong way irks me.

Still, not bad. Been working on picking stuff up for that or the PS2 for long?

He gave it at some point?
Also i always thought it was some tough as fuck phD papers, because he spent at the very least 14 months on them (translating them)
And because most of the time those are books, i thought this was some heavy duty, once-in-a-decade book job

You sure you're not thinking of superbus (who if memory serves was busy doing medical school or something)? Because we're both talking about Captainosaka there as far as the piano thing goes.

Damn I wish he would come back. Those threads also made me happy. And such a good way to learn about cool japanese games. every now and again I try to send him a twitter message or whatever, but never hear back

I think his real name is on one of his store pages, or the kickstarter. I looked it up myself once, didn't find much but apparently there haven't been any obituaries either.

Nomad came today, pretty great handheld all in all. Shame it can't play MS games like the console though.

If you really want a big hulking battery guzzler for master system games, try finding a game gear with this baby segaretro.org/Master_Gear_Converter

Went looking for vidya after dinner; only thing of real interest was a copy of Grandia II for about half the usual prices I see it for. Too bad it was the PS2 one though, which I hear is a petty bad port compared to the Dreamcast original. if it was a decent port I'd have happily picked it up.

Also, if he user that bought BKO for the Gamecube a thread or two back is here, I finally saw another copy locally tonight after a year or two. Store wanted $65 for it, so I suppose if you paid less than that for it (I forget how much exactly), you actually didn't do too badly. Thought the game was still $25-30 locally like it was when I found it a few years back. I have to wonder what might have prompted it to go up that much though; even being somewhat rare and gamecube games generally suffering price hikes, it's not like the franchise is popular or in demand to my knowledge. Maybe Xenoblade and XCX got people more interested in Monolith Soft's prior works lately?

Got one with that already. Can be a pain to screw onto the back.

Oh shit, i'm sorry

Retro game stores have always been jewish as fuck, except for funcoland, you can get this game right now on amazon cib for ~55 bucks.

Depends on the store, and this one in particular is a real mixed bag. Half the time they're asking way too much, and the other half they time they're asking a hell of a lot less than they really could for various games (as far as average prices go). The latter being the reason I keep checking back at them from time to time to see if I can find anything I'm interested in for half off or less.

I can't even remember having those around where I live, assuming they weren't some Europe exclusive chain like GAME or whatever is.

It's been around 15 years since they were really in business, gamestop bought them out and shut them down for god knows what reason, they didn't even sell the same kind of games.

Ah, fuck. Even more reason to hate them.

Well, the way I see it, even if they didn't stock the same games, they were likely still deemed competition. Where I live, between the video rental stores going under (and taking some of their associated vidya stores with them) and Gamestop choking out all the other used video game places (aside from multimedia places since their main focus is more on DVDs and music than games), I have to go a good 20 minutes or so into the surrounding towns to find anywhere still open, and none of those places want to take the risk of opening another branch in my town given how prevalent Gamestop is compared to where they are. I swear at one point we must have had eight or nine in a five mile radius around here.

Gamestop's also had the benefit of being able to market themselves much heavier as they can afford actual ads and TV commercials and the like, and with actually current releases have no issues securing distribution of special editions and such that the smaller stores would get told to fuck off about.

I miss Superbus

Pretty sure everyone does. Really do wish he would come back.

Had just stopped at a retro game store at lunch and I cant tell if the employee was trying to make a sale or just a little clueless on stuff. Was trying to push Smash Bros for N64 as being an incredibly rare game. It was good, but I never figured it was super rare or anything.

The uniformed flipper
Do not believe his lies

Oh, so Nied calls himself CaptainOsaka now. I wonder what became of Waiji.

Easily much cheaper online granted no clue what the hell this $800 one is.

Super Smash Bros 64 goes for about $60 at any store around where I live, which is roughly the same price as Melee. As far as I know, neither are rare at all and just have high demand that causes availability to appear low (at one of the better stores here, Melee will generally get sold within an hour of being traded in, if not immediately because a customer saw it being traded in on the counter and decided to camp it until the trade in was complete).

Reminds me of how much I hate having to sift through a bunch of "L@@K RARE" postings for games that are only slightly uncommon at best, if not outright common.

That's probably a sealed copy, those kinds of games typically go for hundreds.

Considering I've seen someone list a preowned copy of Yakuza 1 for $1000 on ebay before, I'm not sure if that $800 Smash bros is even a sealed copy (at least without checking on it myself). Could be an overly optimistic seller, could be money laundering or something.

But hey, at least the shipping's free.

Alacrity Daemon needs to be exorcised.

It's expensive for the typical bullshit flipper reasons, which in reality are exactly what this lad said >>9085278: High quantity of copies that are not traded or thrown into the sun (high retainability within users, Def Jam FFNY, San Andreas, Final Fantasy 7, etc) along High demand (everyone wants the typical hot stuff for a console) and cunning con-men (NEET's/low-level goons/unscrupulous Pawn-Stars fans trying to cash-in a valuable item as VERY valuable, "old is gold" rule)

I'm getting sick of people on eBay and Amazon straight up lying about a game's condition. I've somehow hit a string of bad luck recently and need to vent.

I bought a copy of Neo Contra off of Amazon that was advertised as Very Good. It arrived with a water damaged manual, scratched disc and a worn insert. In what world is that considered 'Very Good' ?

I also recently bought Armored Core: Last Raven off of an eBay seller who bragged about how he took such good care of it. What showed up in the mail yesterday? A game with a very worn art insert, a manual in iffy shape and a disc that looked like somebody tossed it around a few times. Yeah, you really took such good care of it. Both sellers had good feedback as well, so it wasn't like I rushed in blind.

Not only do we have the Jew resellers hiking prices up, but now everybody is starting to lie and deceive in order to sell their busted shit. Outside of scouring craigslist, the only local store selling retro stuff is 30 minutes away from me. Maybe this is the universe's way of telling me to get a decent job and move closer to a city.

It's expensive for the typical bullshit flipper reasons, which in reality are exactly what this lad said >>9085278: High quantity of copies that are not traded or thrown into the sun (high retainability within users, Def Jam FFNY, San Andreas, Final Fantasy 7, etc) along High demand (everyone wants the typical hot stuff for a console) and cunning con-men (NEET's/low-level goons/unscrupulous Pawn-Stars fans trying to cash-in a valuable item as VERY valuable, "old is gold" rule)

I'm getting sick of people on eBay and Amazon straight up lying about a game's condition. I've somehow hit a string of bad luck recently and need to vent.

I bought a copy of Neo Contra off of Amazon that was advertised as Very Good. It arrived with a water damaged manual, scratched disc and a worn insert. In what world is that considered 'Very Good' ?

I also recently bought Armored Core: Last Raven off of an eBay seller who bragged about how he took such good care of it. What showed up in the mail yesterday? A game with a very worn art insert, a manual in iffy shape and a disc that looked like somebody tossed it around a few times. Yeah, you really took such good care of it. Both sellers had good feedback as well, so it wasn't like I rushed in blind.

Not only do we have the Jew resellers hiking prices up, but now everybody is starting to lie and deceive in order to sell their busted shit. Outside of scouring craigslist, the only local store selling retro stuff is 30 minutes away from me. Maybe this is the universe's way of telling me to get a decent job and move closer to a city.

Catalog says there's six posts missing right now, let's see if another post will fix that.

Bump to see posts that aren't showing up since Holla Forums seems to not be shitting itself as hard right now.

Some sellers are fine with only applying the "Very Good" or "Like New" condition to the discs or cartridges itself. I suppose the idea being a "it's the game you really want, so why should it matter what the condition of the rest is in" mindset. Part of why I always ask for pictures on the rare chance I buy a game used online (I much prefer local stores in most cases since I can actually do my own inspection of the quality and chances are it's cheaper than online too if I'm at the right place).

This is also how you get people selling "Like New" games that don't have a case, cover, or manual. Because obviously when the game was first released it didn't have anything but the discs or cartridge.

Seriously wish Amazon and ebay would do something about that.

The only good local store selling retro stuff from me is about 4 hours and half away
Don't be so negative about that at least, but i get the bullshit about cases, worst than itchy balls, still that's why those sites (at leasy eBay) put giant picshures for you to inspect, IF the user uploads them
We might wanna make a trading post in this kind of threads :^)

Half/vr/ used to have BST threads, and those worked well because they had apparent measures in place to try to prevent various asshole anons from fucking each other over, and with the board being much slower than half/v/ ever was (though nowhere near as slow as the /vr/ here), they could keep the threads up a good while for visibility of offer and requests.

I've seen a few attempts from people trying to get a BST board up here, but between people just shitposting about wanting to trade dragon dildos and improper thought on demand for the board (a niche board only works if it's broad enough to still have traffic), they haven't worked out.

What I think would be neat to do would be have a "bulletin board" sort of thing for people to post things they've found recently at local stores at actually good prices, but either already own or aren't interested in picking up themselves. For example, sometime last year, a Bookmans I go to had a copy of Shadow Hearts for about $25 or so, which was about half the cost it usually goes for (and as I already have a copy of it myself, I don't need a second one). Would have been nice to have potentially helped an user looking for it find it.

Gotta say that game is on my list to pick up. I would love to be able to do something like that since I run across a lot of good games in places, while not also the beat deal, at least I find them in a store and can check the condition. I especially hate trying to find low valued games complete. Took me forever to find Lost Planet 1 for PS3 even though that is a less than $5 game. Everywhere I looked it was missing the case and manual.

And while not super cheap I did see a complete copy of Yakuza 2 for $42 today. And looked to be in good shape too. I feel like that is still cheaper than what I see online.

I joke when i use that phrase but i'm highly interested in doing something of that kind
I heard of what Burch/vr/ did in those threads, the mod was in the league and prevented excessive bullshit, and man i wish i would have been there along with early Superubusu threads
Because that mod help can't happen here i 100% understand the concern of some of us about shit-eaters sending a bunch of rusty nails with cat doo inside a box instead of a game
A bulletin system or just an image with updated info about stuff the thread users have found sounds good, the problem with it is how an user can contact the other one with the beef to start a trade process, because you can out of nowhere talk with a cat doo conman and lose the shit

What do you say, do we invent the rules for that game, Mr. Scorpion Case Man?

Gotta say that game is on my list to pick up. I would love to be able to do something like that since I run across a lot of good games in places, while not also the beat deal, at least I find them in a store and can check the condition. I especially hate trying to find low valued games complete. Took me forever to find Lost Planet 1 for PS3 even though that is a less than $5 game. Everywhere I looked it was missing the case and manual.

And while not super cheap I did see a complete copy of Yakuza 2 for $42 today. And looked to be in good shape too. I feel like that is still cheaper than what I see online.

I don't know, maybe I should scrounge around and see if I can find the old BST parameters that half/vr/ had (without actually going back there; they had a little infographic about it if memory serves) since it strikes me that it would make a good starting place for anything potential. Still, I'd wager you'd either need a slower board, or a thread that's able to last a long time without 404ing to get it to work (as well as have something in place to discourage fuckery).

Yeah, for the most part PS2 games are pretty reasonable, but Shadow Hearts and Yakuza 2 are among the more expensive ones.

Also, I'm not certain, but I think more of the PS2 Atelier games might be getting up in price now, as opposed to it just being Mana Khemia 2 that's pricy. Been seeing the first Iris game (Eternal Mana) for about $30+ now when I saw it for about $15 complete a year or two back. I mean, it's not horridly priced, but it makes me wonder if it's going to keep climbing as Gust's games slowly get more popular and people want to give the older ones a try, or if it's going to level off (considering the Iris trilogy isn't exactly the same in style as the PS3 games are, it can be a bit of a turn off to some)

This is fucking weird, I know I saw my posts go through earlier in various threads like this, but now they've up and disappeared.

Site's always fucking up.

sauce/link to DS reprints?

fuck the site

fuck the site x2

fuck the site x3

wave your 3 ounce wiimote and pretend it's a big black machine fun

videogamesplus.ca/

FINALLY I CAN POST AGAIN
I like the /ogc/ threads and it seems they can maintain themselves up for at the very least a week, i think they also stood up for a month once
I think it's viable around here, that would be up to analysis anyway, but it can be done
This is the tough part, we would need to get strict in this regard, and i mean strict
The old images from BST threads are very apples and oranges math-tier in this regard, not many rules other than the quite obvious ones for the already initiated, went for the first time in years to the old place to see references in this regard and to my horror i saw carbon copy threads from here, but no BST thread, so i guess they are too poor now

But yeah basically it's the 3-way process, post > contact > payment:
Post - We have a slight edge in having multi-image upload but the format itself should be formulaic (IMO), a rigid format to fill and just post, along with notes about anything the poster wants to say and maybe what he looks for in terms of trade. Up for revision of course

Contact - eMail still leads the way for private negotiations, but i think it should be valid to comment on something in the field itself (the thread). Other than that this should be the easiest step to formalize (at least for the ones who know their shit)

Payment - Here comes the pain, a universal process for this would be interesting, i'm more about trading than buying/selling but there should be a specified process for the dummies. I can think of 1 decent enough method, the normal PayPal way

Everything is up for discussion of course, the rules of the game to avoid dog poo impostors is also a major point, but i think anons could feel attracted even with tight measures if the games at hand are desirable.
But then again how many of us would hypothetically begin this venture? i count potentially only 2 of us (and i include myself)

tybb

/ocg/?

But yeah, I mean, half/vr/ proved it to be feasible to trade and sell between posters, but there's still the issue of how needing to make sure proper measures are in place, as well as the board owner/janitors allowing it to be up. I know some places won't allow for trading or selling due to the potential for people to get fucked over and not wanting to have to deal with the backlash from that. And on another hand, there's plenty of ">buying games" types around here that might shit things up; don't get me wrong, I appreciate the share threads in helping me find games I can't find elsewhere, namely prepatched ones, but still.

What said. Sorry for not posting it myself; went to bed when the site didn't come back up early this morning.

Also, forgot to mention last night I saw a copy of fucking Hot Wheel Turbo Racing for the PS1 priced at $30 at a local store. What the fucking hell. They even had Hot Wheels Extreme Racing there for about a third of that price.

Meanwhile I found a complete copy a year or two back at a Bookmans for $6. I grew up with it and was quite happy to have it again; surprisingly fun stunt based racer if anyone might be looking for something like that.

/ogc/, the official racing games thread with the motorhead guys, they always float in the catalog
Well, it happens in the collectors thread but not so much, those guys dont flood us here so i think it can be done, but it needs planning and a sizeable opening
The harder part is the last one, beginning with a bunch of folks ready to throw around at least 3 big pieces, and if there's some jap or brit then the appeal will increase due to PAL/NTSC-J games

I can make a base of rules and begin as an inside-cell in a collector's thread, but that would need permision from the OP and the usual suspects who lurk in these threads. That i dont think i could get, hell i wouldn't like it a lot if i was asked
Needs planning, also the mods and jans may allow all this mumble, they let anons do a share thread with suspicious .rars (who almost never have malware inside), why not just a couple of posts with someone offering a game and discussing them too

Need to plan the process, but right now i'm in college holocaust so that comes later, maybe in a week when im done with the tough jobs
Also will have to buy rare games im not interested in to trade here, that sounds really bad and somewhat counters the purpose of this (as an alternative due to massive jewry in our area) but i can extremely confidently say my area is already lost to bad hands.

I'd be willing for it. It'd be a useful thing for anons willing to trade, and it's not like it's impossible to do, since Superbus threads went well doing similar shit.

Yeah, there would definitely need to be people willing to trade a few things of note to help set a precedent that it could work here. For the time being though, a "bulletin board" style system of people sharing things they seen recently might help other anons in there areas that are looking for stuff, and there would be no risk of people getting screwed out of anything other than gas in checking if it's still there. A set up like the following could be helpful, with the game and system, price (both what the store wants and how much it averages), location, and date of sighting could be useful, and any additional information could also be added onto it. Something like:
Just an example (but of something I did see earlier this week).

I'd say there's a difference between buying those to make profit scalping and buying those to trade to other anons for something you'd actually be interested in (in which case, if the value is roughly equivalent, both parties would be happy).

Show my last post, wheels.

What did he use to ensure no one got screwed over (be it the customer getting their game or him getting the money to donate or whatever)? I mean, I assume he was at least well known to a degree and as such if he fucked anyone over it wouldn't look good.

can't help but laugh at people that collect full sets

I wouldn't say I laugh at it, but I find the notion dumb myself. I mean, there's always going to be at least one shitter in a system's library that's not worth dropping money on (unless for whatever reason one likes playing bad games), and generally a good bit of shovelware and licensed stuff that may or may not be stuff to avoid (I can't deny that there's some decent ones in both categories here and there as well). Plus, I think it would get pretty hard to have the space for, say, every PS2 game the US got (if one actually keeps the cases and manuals anyhow) considering how big some system libraries get.

Part of what I do with my own shelves is just pick up stuff that's of actual interest to me when I see it at a reasonable price, and even with the systems I'm content to just emulate, rather than download full sets (which admittedly don't take that much room in the cases of older cartridge based systems) and having to prune them down from the thousands, I just steadily build on what I've found already.

Im probably that other user you are counting. I would love to be able to swap games with anons, or sell off duplicates of good things I see around. And by sell I mean just what I found it for. I guess being a pseudo forwarding service? But the point being is that it seems completely different areas have different stock. Even where I am connecticut the stores around me all have a different assortment of stuff so it is worth checking them all out when I get a chance and Im down that way.

Are you the user who posted about it in the vita thread. Im the one trying to find that game. Looking around the stores in my area and no one has a good vita selection. Gamestop is now getting to the point where they are the best, just based off the fact that they have new copies of stuff in. The store I was at yesterday hardly had anything vita.

It was mostly he asked for a donation first. Which was all handled through his account to the red cross. So he basically got a receipt saying $X was donated so he knew the person did that. Im still pumped I got a JPN N64 with box from him, I should really post a picture of it when Im home

And lastly, picked these up yesterday. Had a buy two get one free and I had $26 in credit so an extra couple bucks wasnt bad. And while not the best price for xenogears, I dont think it is a bad price. I do need to replace the jewel case though, the discs keep falling out of it and dont stay in place. But now I have so many games on my cleaning backlog. Anyone else get autistic about that too? I cant "officially" add stuff to my collection until I clean, sanitize, and remove all stickers from my games.

True. I know where I am, while mainstream stuff is certainly the most common, I still see plenty of more niche stuff from time to time, and at good prices every so often. I suppose it might help that a lot of the stores in surrounding towns are between a pair of colleges; I speculate at least some of what they get in is from students selling games and systems to pay for tuition, books, and potentially lodging.

Yep. Again, good luck on finding a copy of that at a reasonable price. And where I live, most of the non Gamestop stores have fuck all for Vita games, though the best used game store in town does have a section for the Vita, and they've got a number of the less mainstream ones as well, like Arcana Heart 3 and Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus.

Yeah, not quite the best price, but not horridly bad either. Usually averages about $30 where I am. I got my copy for $5 complete a year or two back.

Same. But honestly, I wouldn't complain about those, since they look to be easy enough to get the stickers off of and while I can't see the backs, the fronts look clean enough that if I had picked those up a once over with an alcohol swab would be good enough.

Now, a case with yellowed decade or older Gamestop stickers that take an hour to remove (even with goo-gone a game I once found took that long), or fucking melted chocolate in the casing requiring a full dismantling and cleaning, that's something to bitch about.

Gotta say, getting pretty tempted to just offer to send you the money to pick up ar nosurge and ship it.

But as for cleaning, I just meant I have about 10-15 games I recently picked up that I need to clean. And I may pick up even more this weekend up at PAX, as long as the prices arent crazy expensive because con inflation.

Honestly, I wouldn't trust sending that kind of money out to anyone without there being some measure in place to ensure delivery or at least a return. I mean, while the game's sat there a while now, it could very well be gone by this point, niche as it is (I expect the price to be the bigger issue for most people though, but it's a combination of both as to why it's been there for a good two or three weeks unsold). Zia's website does let you add items to a wishlist (there's a button on the item's page; it stupidly doesn't have a rollover or cursor change to let you know there's a hyperlink there, but still), which I assume means you get sent a notification of if the game is ever added to their online store for sale.

I generally take the time to clean stuff up on a trip-to-trip basis rather than let it pile up. Granted, usually I'm not buying too much at once (not a lot of spending money and all; that's why I like finding things below the average prices, especially close to my birthday or Christmas when I do have some decent money), but it can mean 1-3 games need to be cleaned at any given time.

yeah, I wouldnt. Im just annoyed badly about trying to find this game

And I usually clean all my games up right away, I just let it pile up since I managed to come across a lot of really good deals all within like 3 days of one another. And I was reorganizing my consoles so I wanted to finish that up first.

Layout of systems around your TV or games on your shelves? Just curious. Hope my next room doesn't get nearly as dusty as my current one, as I really need to dust my TV stand; for some reason the hand duster I have doesn't work well on glass compared to wood.

I still tend to feel the need to clean up stuff the moment I get home with it, rather than let it pile up. Especially if there's a chance some might take a good while to get clean, depending on how much sticker residue or dirt there is. Rather spend twenty minutes cleaning a few things up a day if need be than let it pile up to an hour or more down the road.

Think a 522 error ate my last post.

This is what my shelf looked like previously. Stuff stacked ontop of everything, hardly anything plugged in. Games spilling over everywhere. I dont have an updated pic since out at PAX and drinking in boston
But yeah, it needed to be cleaned, and now I got rid of the clutter and everything is hooked up and playable.

Nice. My TV stand has room for probably three more systems if I ever get them. Thinking I might need to put some stuff between the glass and systems to help repel dust (the systems themselves don't get too dusty, but the glass shelves sure do), but I'm not sure if that might impact the breathability of the systems. Wouldn't want a little rug or mat or whatever possibly blocking the air intakes or anything.

At this point the only system I really want to get is a virtual boy. Maybe a sega saturn too if I see a good deal, but ive got pretty much all the important stuff now. Ill take a pic once Im home of how it is all cleaned up. Granted I now have a huge stack of games I have no clue where I am going to put. My cabinet I keep everything in is filled completely at this point.

I take it you're reusing that same shelving unit for the systems, just better organized now? Was thinking if you'd somehow managed a different set up with your systems in organization you might potentially be able to repurpose the unit in the photo for the games themselves.

Big news everyone
A similar mind to us has exploted and ready to burn the jew to the ground...
...at least in the NES collector scene, Tim Atwood is ready to scorch eBay and sell plenty of rare sealed games, including several Stadium Events
His bombshell >>9109644 includes over 2000 units

It's ogre, VGA Grading

Fuck, i shouldn't have bought that chrono trigger.

feels good man

Hopefully there's a shitstorm to be enjoyed as the scalpers and graders burn. Not NES/SNES related, but I already saw one guy in the DS reprints thread earlier this week bitching at how sealed copy of Infinite Space was going to plummet in value thanks to being confirmed for a reprint. Hopefully there's anger of higher degrees that will spawn from this.

I'd love to see the libraries for older systems return to more reasonable levels from stuff like this.

I think my last post got eaten in the "Posted" stage.

Any word on what games for the SNES list?

Non-bumping post to see whatever the eaten post from earlier was. Wonder what even causes this.

Tfw, you can destroy the market even simpler by remaking the cartridges, manuals, and boxes "re-"sealed. Blatant copies, ignoring law.

Inflation ftw!

Here is how I cleaned it up a bit. Everything has been condensed and organized, so Im not doubling up of systems or anything. Minus N64 sort of, I have enough japanese games that it is worth it to have both set up.

Where is this happening? I keep seeing stuff about it but just havent really looked into it yet.

*forgot pic, of course**

Yeah, that certainly seems like less of a mess.

I'd take a picture of my TV stand and system setup, but I only have three systems on it right now (PS2, PS3, and Wii; backwards compatibility certainly helps with saving some space) and it's still a bit of a mess. Also on the other side of the room from my actual game shelves.

I'll try to get everything in the same shot in June after moving; New room should hopefully have more than enough space to be able to keep everything close together.

Im still at home but planning to save up the next year and start looking at places then. But for now I basically only have one room and I am running out of space. Ive got 2 CRTs and a small flat screen in it, but my game cabinet is now filled and Im not sure where else I can put stuff. All of these came off of my shelves and I have no idea where to put them now. Second image is something I picked up today, a factory sealed copy of Gold. Snagged it for $50.

Nice. Hope you didn't wind up having to pay too much.

I'd try looking for a small shelving unit for those in the future (if that's all you have that doesn't fit, for the time being) if I were you; something like the one I've been using for my handheld games here. A banker box with a lid would probably help with storage for the time being though.

I like this idea, i previously commented about that but now that i think of it the system seems kinda risky in terms of surprise grabs
One can announce we saw a bizarre Dreamcast game that same evening, but get only a response 2 days later and when we check it out it's lone gone. This taking into account i see it as a pseudo-request service. As a call-out for people in the same area then there's nothing bad about that, we don't lose anything by announcing it
Thing is are we going to use that in both ways?

I was counting myself and the Scorpion Man, with you that's 3 of us. 3 pieces each would make a nice setup of 9 hot stuffs.
That's the next point i wanted to touch, a forwarding service would be really nice, i'm all for it too, but some mods might be itchy with it in terms of paying off the nice guy
I was writing a step-by-step (which is obvious and redundant for anyone who knows scalp city) more centered around goods changing hands, the problem there is that the trader will not see the mail service money again, but will receive something in favour without paying shipping.
In short, a direct old-timey trade, but with side options. Man it looks like im writing something complex but it's just a bunch of simple notes, quite obviously up to dicussion… when i post it.
Also the abbreviation use, i dont really want to use the flippers' terms due to anymosity and for our stuff avoiding a citation in Google so i have a hard time coming with ones.
Normal console abbreviations, 5 game conditions and 1 modifier

I don't really buy much that I wind up selling or trading later; usually if I wind up with duplicates or something becomes redundant, I tend to give it to a friend. So, I'm not sure how much help I would be in that aspect. Part of why I've thought of the bulletin board idea, especially since I've seen a few other anons (namely in the 4 AM threads) mention they too live in AZ, so perhaps if some of them peruse these threads I might spot a good deal on something one of them is interested in, and at least be able to help them potentially find a copy. But that's why I included the date spotted along with the location, so that people have an idea of if they might already be out of luck with it. Hell, if one as a habit of checking the same places for games, they could even include and update that X game is still available there.

As for using it both ways, I suppose it might work where X person in Y state (or part of state, given how big some are) might put out a request to be on the lookout for something at a less than average price, and if, say, Z person also lives in Y state and sees a copy, they can respond with where they saw it, how much was being asked, and when they saw it (time and date). I suppose in mentioning those things publicly in the threads it might wind up giving the person looking possible competition for it, but the user-base here isn't exactly tremendous.

As for having outright BST stuff, again, the real thing would be to make sure measures are in place to ensure X and Y persons get their money and/or games respectively, as without that, people likely aren't going to feel real secure in selling, buying, or trading. Half/vr/ seemed to do okay with that, but then again they had actual moderator involvement with it, or something. Maybe bring up the potential with Mark next time he has a meta Monday or something, and see what his thoughts on it might be?

I did brought up a raw idea a long time ago to him, he wasn't very receptive of it in the middle of the shitposting mist the thread was having, with himself being the perpetrator.
Some other dude talked about it, some threads before the Coonspeak/Undertale saga, and he was indifferent other than requesting if it ever happened we should be clean and transparent with the transactions, which seems perfectly fair to me.
Jew jokes aside i don't think he would be a good idea meddling in this, especially since his history of becoming big headed when given trust and control, i've seen that happening at least 3 times, with even jans flinging shit at him.
That's why my focus on trading instead of buying/selling, trading goods instead of money gives place to sidewalking any mumbo jumbo as "w-we are just gifting/loaning games publicly!", but sooner or later IF it happens some sort of trust control needs to be seen if we want to use PayPal without comissions

Anonymity is also at hand, the safest way i see is making a new email and using it as a contact link for anyone interested, providing personal instructions only when serious approachs are confirmed over a string of contacts via email
This leads to some stuff being secured only by an unconcious trust pact against an anonymous user without an account, sounds scary but it's the only way, it worked for half/vr/, it worked for Superbus, i worked for those who made hand-crafted holiday cards for companies.

I was thinking about a Trade Log made in some page (probably Pastebin) documenting all the trade negotiations, thus accounting for how trusted/serious that certain email is. A user may feel more OK if he sees that guy with the silly email has made 3 successful trades. How this is going to work is in the notepad i have right here.
Probably a shared account with some of us updating

IT, it worked for those who made ha…
Never did those best wishes cards but an example of decent behaviour by some users

Some obvious, overused codes for the hypothetic abbreviation table:

Consoles
Nintendo: NES>SNES>N64>GCN>Wii>WiU
GB>GBC>GBA>DS>3DS
Sony: PS1>PS2>PS3>PS4
PSP>VTA
Sega: SMS>SG>SS>DC
SGG
Microsoft: OGX>360>XB1
[etc]

Regions
NTSC: US JP LA
PAL: UK ES FR IT
SECAM

Labels
1V: 1st Version [i.e. PS2/GCN/OGX's Black Label]
SV: Second Version [i.e. Certain PS1/PS2 reprints]
BS: Best Seller [i.e. PS2's Red Label Greatest Hits, GCN's Yellow Label Player's Choice, OGX's Silver Label Platinum Hits]

Example:
> "[email protected] [Kirby's Dream Land 3 (SNES/NTSC-US/1V/CO)] > Successful < [email protected] [Silent Bomber (PS1/PAL-UK/1V/CC)]"

True, I'm just thinking that running the idea by for approval might be a good idea before doing anything, and I agree with the keeping things "clean and transparent" notion he's said, even if he's indifferent to it either way.

A record of successful trades would certainly help things as far as people being able to see that things would be working as hoped, but again, transparency. If some user fucks another over, there should be a record of it that people can see, be it simply so people can compare the amount of satisfactory/complete trades to potential people that have gotten screwed over, or to have a record of not to trust [X] guy in the future (though he could potentially have burner emails or just make a new one and continue to fuck people over).

I suppose another important thing would be to at least state that there is a potential of risk involved (though hopefully there could eventually be a public record that shows there being little of it; might need to potentially be some additional confirmation from people that traded games arrived in the condition stated, at least for the record), especially given the nature of anonymity and not having an account or reputation on the line like you might elsewhere (I really prefer anonymity to identity based things, but in terms of buying, selling, or trading, the latter does grant some accountability).

Additionally, as far as fair trades go, how exactly would one determine that? Would it be done off average prices (IE: [X] user can't just offer a hardish to find $20 game for [Y] user's $50 one, and would need to potentially offer more as well to make the trade more equivalent), or would it just be two anons coming to an agreement where both feel content with it (IE: both [X] and [Y] anons want each others games, but neither care much about the potential monetary value to be gained or lost)?

I'd think it's something that could work, but would likely require everything to be ironed out, and try to remove potential for loophole abuse. Think of the problems that could potentially arise in advance, and then try to find what a workable solution/measure would wind up being.

I think SV and BS might be a bit easy for people to confuse, since technically a Greatest Hits print is a second version, and with reprints, there's various forms: some that have the same cover/contents as the original print (IE: various Atlus games use the same cover art/manual/game as the original print, and might simply not come with any extras like soundtrack disc or outer box), and others that are as different as a Greatest Hits print is to the original, but aren't due to being best sellers (IE: various DS games that got a Touch Generations reprint with those ugly orange banners and bumped down and cropped cover art).

I would point the zip code and region said dog poo vendor is in the Trade Log "beware of XXXXX code locations, 1 busta was here"
Sounds tough and unfair for someone living in the same area but that's how it is, he would be given an opportunity but under different rules (as in "you have to send the game first")
I also prefer anonymity at all costs, so my only solution so far for creating trust is making symbolic or straight-out normal trades between a couple of us, in my case there would be no problem, i do have a few games some people might be interested in. Problem is only those who made the trades are prone to be trusted, outside that small group it would be no-man's land

That is up to the "supplier" and the "seeker" (if we can call them like that), due to context and origin of why we are doing this i would go for something highly similar to your second example (>anons coming to an agreement where both feel content with it), i wouldn't mind at all trading a 120 dollar game for a "normal" 50 one if the said 120 buck game costed me mere 20, but it depends on the other user too.
How much you can get from a game would depend on luck/skill and goodwill/greed.
But in the end it's about both parties being satisfied with the trade-off and very explicitly saying so in confirmation messages.

Yes, trying to make a quick manual out of this, there's progress but the "what-if" situations are troubling, i cannot think of a solution other than a broker meddling in many of those. And who picks that guy? things go on and on. Trying to be unbiased and fair as possible but this process seems to fall on high-risk grounds. I trust many guys here, malicious actions are rarely done if one puts lots of bumps in between, so i feel it can be pulled off, the only problem is random dudes trusting this, only after many trades it might happen.

Yes, second version is a wide field, need to fix that. There's many exceptions to the rule and it may need another category

Well, this doesn't look that easy after all, but it can be done. Everything to avoid paying more than 100 per game

There would also be a need to note whether or not the poster has a copy of a game that isn't bugged. To use a game I have, for example, the proof of it being fine would be that save data on the cartridge being past a certain point (IE: With Nostalgia, a timestamped photo of the load file screen having a save file on "The Adventurer's Epilogue" might constitute proof that the game is capable of being played start to finish and doesn't suffer from the game breaking Albion glitch), or perhaps in other cases something with the disc or an attached download (I've heard rumor that with Tales of Eternia PSP, a UMD that comes with a download option of 2.5 OFW should be from a print run that didn't have the Volt Glitch, but I'd have to double check for confirmation; I have a copy I found cheap in a local store, but I also have the PS1 original which has the benefit of co-op, and thus is my go-to for actually playing it, and Volt is a boss a good way into the game as well). Though said things would likely have to be taken on a game-to-game basis.

only to find out nobody gives a shit, because you'll never be able to make a copy that's convincing to anyone who isn't a trustifarian(and even then it might not work).

Reminds me of this one store that used to do 1:1 trades on games or 2:1 if it was for another console.

It's 2.0. the volt glitch is in the 1.0 range (can't remember if it's 1.5 or 1.2

I see, thanks for the heads up on the version number.

Which store, out of curiosity? Most you can get in store credit for trading at even the best stores around where I live is about 40-45% for something that's complete and in really good shape, and the other places generally offer less, so either way you'll never manage a 1:1 trade for games they sell at the same price.

Ah this was like 16 years ago before the fucking hivemind known as gamestop took over, and it was a local thing that sadly didn't last too long

Fucking Gamestop. Sad to hear that that place you knew couldn't stay open. At least the best place I know in the surrounding towns to me is always busy once classes/work is over for the day, so there's no danger of them going under any time soon.

Already sleepy, need to take a nap for those hellish finals

Regarding the third step, The Payment, in the 4-step process of trading (Post>Contact>Payment>Afterdeal)

C) The Payment: Negotiating the products in both sides
C.I) Direct Vidya Trade
C.I.1- The negotiation must satisfy both parties and they must confirm so very explicitly to avoid any confusion
C.I.2- While the source site for this activity is informal and relaxed both parties are encouraged to use intelligible, formal language to conduct the process
C.I.3- Photographic evidence should be at hand and camera prepared if one party requests special takes on certain items (booklet condition, cover backside)
C.I.4- This activity started to avoid the high prices in the collector scene, negotiating according to average prices on eBay/Amazon/etc is questionable
A negotiation process should not cite eBay articles or anything alike referencing the high value a certain game might have in recent history
C.I.X - Several trade item options can be used to bargain the desired game:
C.I.X.a) Game for Game: The most basic and direct way (i.e. Super Metroid for Sunset Riders)
C.I.X.b) Various games for Game: If the perceived value of a game is too high, try adding more (i.e. Mario Paint, E.V.O. & F-Zero for Crab Nicholson's Extreme Sleepover)
C.I.X.c) Hardware for Game: If lacking games then certain items may persuade a user (i.e. 1 Duke Xbox Controller for Otogi)
Others
>Only if specified by the supplier in his "Interested in"* file can one offer a certain variety of misc. items like:
C.I.X.d) Booklet Fluff: Concealed bank notes in a previously implied national coin and quantity inside a booklet to inconciously persuade the opposing party. Nobody does this of course
C.I.X.e) Physical Items: Other than vidya a party may look forward to figurines/sculptures, memorabilia or not-easily-perishable regional specialties (candy, booze, spices)[*2*]
C.I.X.f) Digital Items: This saves shipping costs for one party, something the opposing party will consider [i.e. Service tokens from >Netflix/Spotify, gift games from >Steam/GOG]

NOTE 1: Obvious and instintive judgement should be used at all times to avoid getting ripped off, personal experience and asking the right questions should swiftly avoid this
NOTE *2*: If one decides to ship alcohol there's a strict obligation to investigate if destiny country/region allows it.
Government mail (USPS) rarely if ever abides, but privates like UPS allow it if both the client and the receiver are over 21
Government mail services in some countries are known to eat the candy, beware of the public mail troll

UNFINISHED

I've been wanting a bulletin board kinda system for a while now. Mainly for other hotpockets, but it could have its uses for something like that. I like it a lot actually

I got the first three .hack for average of $20 each, plus a 15% discount since the store had a grand reopening in a new location. The fourth I dont have the game yet. I had a friend who sold me the case, manual, and anime disc for $40 and Im sure I can find the game disc for cheaper anyway.
I would find a small shelf, but one will not fit in my room. Im trying to keep everything in there just so I dont have multiple spaces I need to grab stuff from when I do move out. And family gets mad if I leave anything out anyway.

And for a game swap thing, Id love to help iron out rules and such once whoever is writing up the basics finishes. I really want to do something like this since it seems we all find good things around that we have already, but someone else may be looking for.

Yeah, a disc only copy would definitely be cheaper, though by how, much, I'm not sure.

Have you considered rearranging the room's layout to try to get more space out of it? Not sure what all you have access to, but if you know the measurements of your room and things in it (desk, bed, shelves, TV stand, etc) it's pretty easy to play around with how to lay things out in an image manipulation program like Photoshop (using colored rectangles and such to represent items). It's what I did before I moved into the apartment I'm currently at. bit cramped, but everything fits.

Oh Ive tried to rearrange my room, the issue is the windows. None of my furniture can really be moved to a different spot without covering them. Ive got two cabinets, one filled with books the other vidya. They have a connector piece to them which gives me shelf space ontop of them, but thats filled up with legos. The only space my bed can go is under that overhang shelf, and with how big that whole setup is it really can only be placed where it is.
Im really just going to have to deal with it as is until I can move out. Which Im sort of planning for next year since I should have enough saved up. As long as I can really cut my game purchases down this year.
april was awful. My credit card bills were way too much, and it was just video game stuff too. Like I really shouldnt buy anything this next month

damn

Is a SG1000 worth picking up?

I've never had an NES/SNES, in this day and age, is it worth picking up as well? Shit's expensive as fuck, so that's already offputting. Any modifications to look out for on those consoles as well?

SNES is definitely worth it, a decent one with a few games is 80-100 bucks. Though if the idea of buying games is too daunting a SD2SNES(~200 bucks) is definitely worth the purchase, since you can store the entire library on it along with a few other benefits.

Anyone know how much these used to go for on the site selling them? Unfortunately they're discontinued (and as such the site that had them lists no price), but I'm wondering what a reasonable price would be if I were to see one at a store somehow, or something.

I doubt it was for actual collecting, just that he'd either anticipated that it wasn't going to sell well but be well received, or picked up a sealed copy before the prices went way up but never got around to it. Either way, the guy started lamenting how the resell price was going to tank; cue people calling him a filthy kike (and that Item Bounce song from Kirby Air Ride is always fitting in those instances).

Where I live I keep my blinds closed all the time; hot enough without them open, so I can put my desk and stuff in front of them without issue.

But yeah, it would probably be good to not impulse buy so much. Hell, with me, I usually only buy games that are of interest when I see them cheaply, and as far as new games go I only get maybe two or so a year. At least October's a good ways off so I can set some money aside for Exist Archive, provided Aksys doesn't botch it.

You can use the web archive to go back in time to before the product discontinued.

Flush post to hopefully show my 402 eaten post.

I do need to stop impulse buying. Im really going to try to not get anything in may that isnt an insane deal or something. Ive really just got to cut back on going to my usual store. As long as I dont go there I wont buy anything.
Just tough since living at home and having no real expenses means Ive got quite a bit saved up from working. Really doesnt help my inner collector knowing i have money i could spend on getting every game ive got to force myself out of that habit now or it could get really bad.

True, but that assumes someone bothered to archive the page to begin with. I'll give it a try though, and see if anything comes up.

My own income's pretty limited when it's not close to holiday season, and most of my free-to-spend money goes towards vidya or the occasional tech purchase I need (hard drives and such). Still, one does have to learn to balance what can be freely spent and what's needed for more important stuff.

What do you do for work anyhow? Just curious.

Well, that specific page was never archived, but checking some others, the discontinued products page lists it as having been $19. I suppose that helps a bit, but I'd be curious as to why they don't make them anymore.

Show my post, wheels. I will say it's good to see there's newly done error messages, at least in regards to Alacrity bugging out occasionally.

Im a programmer. Its not a tech company but a regular business that just needs a few inhouse programmers for their software. So maybe that can explain why I buy a ton of games

But yes, I need to learn to budget better, I tried to cut back on food and alcohol last month which I did, but my video game expenses went up. Which was mostly from just buying like a $10 game every couple of days when I went to my usual retro store. Ive just got to stay away from there for a bit. Limited releases and such kill me though…no way can I avoid not buying stuff when it is like that.

Food's one thing, depending what you're getting. Alcohol you can probably do with cutting out, if only just for your health (honestly not real sure why people would blow so much money drinking, but then again, I've never had alcohol). What you might do is set aside a certain amount of money as "free to spend" funds in something, where you can either let it accumulate or use as needed. I've got an old Rayquaza tin that came as bonus with Pokemon Emerald that I've been doing that with. Few dollars I can scrounge up a day, occasionally swap out one for fives and so on, and then I'm able to afford the occasional game. Got Odin Sphere paid off the other day too. Might be able to afford a few $12-20 purchases soon if I see anything good, considering how much time there is between now and October to set aside another $40.

Either going to try and pick up an SG-1000, or a Mark III since prefer its looks to the standard Master System when I get a chance.

Or consider something like this. Style over substance works in some cases.

ebay.co.uk/itm/Playstation-NES-Dreamcast-Quad-core-HTPC-Desktop-PC-Retro-Video-Game-Console-Mod-/252361270033?hash=item3ac1e76311:g:i9QAAOSwP~tW5a7j

I played asteroids and a pinball game on one of those. The vector display is interesting. It gives you perfect lines that glow. You really do need to see one in person to get an idea what it looks like.

Last bump.

I started collecting games for my 3ds finally, that includes DS games as well.

Got a nice start-up here, I'm thinking of possibly getting Ghost Trick and the other Ace Attorney games next month.

Do it, Ghost Trick is fucking great.

The DS had a pretty nice library. Admittedly a lot of shovelware as well, but plenty of worthwhile things over the near decade it kept having games made for it. Only big issue as far as picking stuff up is that if you want complete copies, Gamestop fucked the aftermarket up bad when they trashed the cases and manuals. As such, some of the games that didn't get reprints can get rather expensive these days (though speaking of reprints, VGP has been taking orders for reprints of stuff like Infinite Space and Front Mission DS).

bought 2 copies of ff7/8/9 ntsc-jp last year. sold 1 set to some retard for $135USD (spoiler: they're like $10 each on ebay)

Also, if you need ideas for more DS games to look into if you've by chance never had access to one before, >>9169503 might be of some help to you.

What region are you from? I see NA and PAL stuff.

I would suggest Tingles Rosy Rupeeland and Henry Hatsworth. Both are really obscure DS games but tons of fun. A few other ones would be Trace Memory, Hotel Dusk, and 999. Hotel Dusk got a europe only sequel that I really want to get. Problem is here in burgerland it costs like $70, but it seems to only be like €15 there. I would love to do that game swap thing we keep talking about since that is too expensive for me to justify.

And that would be easier than asking my brother to keep an eye out for it as he backpacks through europe.

I'm going for console exclusive games
Here is what I bought recently:

Anarchy Reigns
Asura's Wrath
Lost Odyssey
Red Dead Redemption
Too Human
Vanquish

If you enjoy JRPGs, Tales of Vesperia's also worth looking into for the system if you don't have a PS3 with CFW. Admittedly the 360 version feels like a high quality beta version of sorts compared to the extended PS3 one, but it's still enjoyable.

Oh yeah my friend gave me his old original 3ds because my 2ds's screen has been busted for a year now. I love the color.

I was going to cfw the fuck out of it but the update was 9.9.0-U17 or something and I couldn't get the browser hax shit to work no matter what. So I became a good goy and updated. Then I called nintendo and they transferred my shit over from my 2ds. But on the flip side I could probably get the 2ds fixed for cheap and it's still on the old update so we'll see.

I dont know how different the hacking would be for the 2DS, but you should hopefully be fine. Good luck!

And ugh, was cleaning my backlog of stuff and i'm still not done with it. I still have another 4 games to get through. Was drinking and watching The Wizard while cleaning. Wasnt a bad movie I think…or maybe the alcohol talking.

Never been fond of that shade of blue Nintendo's started using, but I suppose that's just me. Not sure why they stopped making the darker, cobalt blue casings for them (Really like having a GBA SP and DS Lite in that color).

Never look at a backlog as "why haven't I played through all this yet" but more as "I still get to play these all for the first time."

Oh no, thats not how I look at my actual backlog. Im always pumped to play stuff. The issue here is I had a stack of games I hadnt yet cleaned up. Since my autism hits hard when I get games I need to sanitize and clean the cartridges or cases before adding them into my collection.
So in this case, it is getting through this since Im annoyed I let this go on for too long.

Oh, I thought you meant cleaning through a bunch of roms to cull stuff not actually of interest or something, or playing through games really fast to try to get them off the backlog.

I always clean my stuff the moment I get home with them. Or in rare cases, wait until I can get over to a friend's house and borrow some anti-adhesive if/when I run out (admittedly you really don't need much per use, so that's only been once or twice).

Still, it's occasionally fun to come back after finding good deals and have a stack of 5+ games to clean up and looking back on that as a good day of pickups.

Pretty sure you and I talked about this before actually, kek.
Yeah, this is what Ive been cleaning through. Still a few more left. But the stuff I use is pretty potent and Ive learned I really need to keep a window open when I use it. Called goof off, I probably mentioned before but it is great for getting rid of absolutely everything on softplastic cases, but cannot be used on anything else. It is way too abrasive and destroys cartridges or jewel cases.

Site is eating my pics

Picked up Deception IV today since it was cheap. May as well get the weeb games early before they all get RARE attached to them.

I use Goo-gone. Works great on DVD style cases and jewel cases. Think you can pick them up reasonably cheap (especially since it will last you a long time due to how little you need) at Ace Hardware.

If you need to get permanent marker off of any non-porous or glossy surface, scribble a dry-erase marker on it, then wipe it off. Also works on ballpoint pen ink, too, but a drop of that shit will cover a square mile if it actually spilled onto something instead of being written.

Is 50$ CDN a good price for a Gamecube?

Got the .Hack manga. Didn't even know it was a thing until saw it whilst browsing through books.

Just a Gamecube by itself, or with everything?

So about 40 bucks in american money?

Not really, for that price you could just buy a BC wii.

With a remote and cables. I also want to buy a game form him, I'll see if I can get him throw in a memory card with it.

There's various sizes of official Gamecube memory cards, unlike with the PS2. Think the largest has 1000+ blocks on it, so it might be good to double check what the size is if you do buy it.

But as the other guy said, a backwards compatible Wii would likely be better unless you really want Game Boy Players compatibility. You'd essentially get access to two systems of games, plus the ability to mod it for homebrew, piracy, and emulation.

Might want to stick to 251, the 1049 has a nasty habit of corrupting saves.

First I've heard of that. I haven't had any issues with mine, but then again I don't think it's gotten close to full; most game save files being rather small individually aside from stuff like Pokemon Colosseum and Gale of Darkness eating up like 48+ blocks each.

A family member has a wii I could borrow, but since i have to buy a gamecube remote and memory i thought i may as well buy the whole system.

How good is backwards compatibility on the wii? From experience on the 360, it can range from decent to shit.

Perfect since the Wii is just a GC with motion shit.

It's just a gamecube with MUCH cheaper component cables and all the extra hardware ports removed(which just means the useless broadband adapter and expensive GBPlayer doesn't work.) So pretty much every game is going to work on it.

Be sure to get a white wii, all the other ones gut the backward compatibility for no real reason other than to save shekels.

Alright then, thanks.

As far as I'm aware, if it's a backwards compatible model, Gamecube compatibility is perfect or at least nearly perfect, similar to the old NTSC 20/60 GB PS3s (where they actually had the PS2 hardware inside).

nice, is it fappable?

Is a PC-Engine worth it?

Picked up Shovel Knight, Senran Karuga and Gravity Rush for PS4, alongside EDF Insect Armageddon for 360. Still have to play Wasteland 2 and Divinity on it.

Fairly. They locked anything tentacle related behind microtransactions though.

If you get an Everdrive, yes. Games are hard to come by, and on Ebay, they're expensive as fuck, or so I've come to believe during these threads.

I bought 2017 from slavestop. Opened the case a month later and found an IA disc instead. Now I play test every used game for at least 30 minutes.

IA is fun, from the few hours I played. Get 4.1 for your quadruple.

I'm tempted since I already own a DS3. Hard to get a handle on the vita (tv) library. So many landmines: censorship, digital only, downports, jewish memory cards, TV compatibility, dlc, asia english vs. localized NA, microtransexuals.

All these PS3 | PS4 | Vita multiplats I'd rather play on PS4, so those are out too.

Probably going to. Plan to get Neptunia eventually and God Eater once it releases.

Nice. Do you own any of these 360 exclusives: Senko no Ronde (Duo), Culdcept Saga, Operation Darkness, Bullet Bitch, Import Tuner Challenge, Onechanbitches, The Outfit? Are they any good?

They are, very low supply and the distributors sold directly to the scalpers
So it became a mined field

PS3 debug kit, can run retail and unsigned code, one of twelve known to exist

Meh, isn't the PS3 proto just a PowerPC computer running stock FreeBSD?

Shame you didn't get Anarchy Reigns for the triple, we could brawl

How's the SD2SNES? Is it compatible with most of the shit on the console? Is SNES RGB on par with the Mega Drive, and is CIC needed?

Shame really. Arcade ports are fun as fuck on it.

Anything interesting come on it?

Any of you lovely anons want to trade or sell me a copy of Yakuza 2? Played the first and got hooked on the series and want to play the other games in the series but don't want to miss out the second. I know emulation is an option but nothing like owning a physical copy of the game itself and enjoying it.

I'd spend that dosh on putting a hard drive in your PS2. If you feel guilt, buy Jacuzzi 5 pre-emptively.

Probably be easier to emulate. Or you just get lucky the way I do and find one for $12 complete at a store that doesn't know what they're getting in.

Unfortunately it was localized after the PS3 was already out, and Sega's never seemed to know how to market the series well out here, so I expect it either got shortprinted or sold poorly, hence the current prices.

Man that game is gonna be some bait IF we get that trading post going
Can't write due to works, came here only to bump this once in a while

I have pokémon blue and silver, cartridge only for trade. Unsure of battery status, will test and replace if needed.

Also have 50 Cent Blood on the Sand CIB for PS3, it's overrated.

Did chart-lad volunteer to be the escrow man? He's the second most trustworthy person here, after SuperBus. I'd be willing to send him a game as compensation.

Hello ebay

I bought these games from a store that's going out of business for about $30. Nothing particularly noteworthy except that I bought two NBA jams because I had a lapse in concentration that kept me from realizing that I already had a copy in my hands.

Polite sage because I'm ashamed of the lighting and quality and don't want it to be seen on Page 1.

wat

The person who acts as the middle man ensuring that there is less problems, also will transfer money (if applicable) once both parties are happy. Next time use this thing called a search engine. Sage for off topic.

I don't think I ever offered to do that. I don't know how escrow exactly works aside from it being used in real estate (and possibly auto, if the idea is that it's bigger purchases that require it). Didn't the old half/vr/ BST threads use Paypal or some other service as a middleman anyhow? Though it wouldn't shock me if they take a cut of the funds moved, or something.

What I could do though is at least put together a graphic (or PDF, depending on the size) of the rules/instructions or whatever it is that people determine for how it works, since image manipulation and layout is something I can do relatively easily (and provided I have the necessary information/input, can create with reasonable speed; personal projects notwithstanding since it takes me forever to be satisfied with those). And if things need to be added/appended to it, I'm generally around and keep folders of files on hand to revise or add to if need be, at least with the system charts.

Yeah, if I ever find another cheap copy like I did before, I'd be happy to pick it up and trade it to a fellow user, or sell it for the same price (plus shipping compensation) I got it at. Or at the very least alert some fellow anons that might be in the area as to where it's been seen at. No guarantees on anything though; most of the really good pickups I've had have been a one time only thing, where I've either never seen that store with the game again, or when they did get another, they jacked the price way up since someone apparently caught on to the notion that they should never have priced X game at such a low price.

Sega's been pretty dumb about not localizing the HD Collection of Yakuza 1 and 2, since with Yakuza 2's current prices here in the west they'd probably have made a tidy profit in asking $30 or so, compared to the $50-80 I've seen Y2 for.

How'd you wind up with that happening?

$0.99 at SlaveSpot

I remember picking that up as a Christmas present for a friend that was wanting a copy and being surprised it was so low. I guess demand's really low or the game's really common for Gamestapo to be asking that little for it.

I'm looking to start collecting rare GameCube games, what should be top priorities?

I'm looking to start collecting rare GameCube games, what should be top priorities?

Thank you Firetires, for not fixing your shit.

The word is so bizarre i didn't think it was slang/loan word for the neutral party in a negotiation, just a horribly mispelled word (and in its mere nature it is)
Back in my days we called it a broker

Depends on what you like genre-wise and how much you're willing to spend. Even common Gamecube games can be a good $30-40 these days just because they've got Mario, Legend of Zelda, or Pokemon in the name, and while Melee had a huge pickup rate among Gamecube owners and is by no means rare, demand keep it at a good $55-60 used these days, at least where I live. The Gamecube version of Twilight Princess is also liable to cost you a good bit these days.

As far as actually hard to find games, it really depends on how well known the game is. Stuff like Eternal Darkness and Lost Kingdoms II can be about $40 or so in my experiences, while other games like Baten Kaitos Origins, Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, Gotcha Force, Skies of Arcadia Legends, Cubivore, and Phantasy Star Online: Episodes I & II Plus can all go for $60 or more (way more in the case of Gotcha Force and Path of Radiance from what I've seen).

In general I'd recommend you do some research on what's actually of interest to you before dropping money. At this point, the Gamecube's rather well known among scalpers and as such a lot of stuff has suffered price hikes since Gamestop stopped stocking for it. Even multiplat games like Beyond Good and Evil and Timesplitters: Future Perfect can be double or so what they'd cost on the PS2 or Xbox.

OK it seems i'm free now
This seems fairly easy, but what problems can be encountered in the trading post?
Is a broker really necesary or do we make this a 2-party thing with some PayPal stuff for big money?
Do we make it sell/buy/trade or jump the shark and make it trading only? (we need to fomerly ask DA JEW)
How many problems can there be with trickery? every instance needs a troubleshooting procedure and identifying these moments seems crucial

I got an Animal Crossing New 3DS to replace my XL because I wanted SNES and also the XL is too fucking big, then I bought pokemon plates to replace the animal crossing ones.

You should have kept trying, it's worth it. pics related. you can still downgrade from 10.7, but you have to have another 3ds with homebrew already, and a copy of ocarina of time or powersaves + ocarina of time.

Also if anyone wants any help with 3ds shit just let me know I've done 5 now.

My SD2SNES is awesome, it's worth the barrier of entry if you accept you can't get SA-1 or SuperFX on it. It does region fixing for the most part so you shouldn't need CIC shit but you can if you want to. SNES RGB is really good, at least on the SNES mini. Keep an eye out for the 1-chips though.

Vid related, though I'm sure if you're looking into RGB you've probably already seen it.

I got some of my stuff back from when I was a kid. I'm not sure what I'm gonna do with it yet. I might just sell the Mario thing. Games are just more useful and he doesn't really fit my motif.

You do know these are both being worked on right? Eventually SD2SNES will be able to do this.

eventually. I'm not holding my breath, it's just Ikari working on it and he's got 2 little kids to take care of now. I'm fine with it though, I already have SMRPG and Starfox/Yoshi's Island, all I need is Dream Land 3 and I'll be set.

Oh yeah, I'm not saying any time soon. Still, one day I'll run Starfox 2 on this thing.

And you're absolutely right that the good games the require a special chip that aren't supported are few and far between and easy enough to obtain.

Picked up a good amount recently.

PS4:
Senran Karuga: Estival Versus
Shovel Knight
Gravity Rush Remastered

PC (all big box versions):
Alien vs Predator
Star Wars EP1 Racer
Star Wars: Making Magic
Oddworld Abes Odyssey
Prince of Persia 3D
Prince of Persia Collectors Edition
Also another flight stick.

PS1:
Bloody Roar
Breakout
Original PS1 controller

Considering it. If it did the MMX games alone, it'd be worth it for me. Nintendo really fucking loved chips in their shit didn't they?

How long until MMC5 for NES ED?

meant for

They did love chips in their shit but that was less of a nintendo thing and more of a Capcom thing because muh wireframe 3d objects.

Also, never ever, unless krikkz makes a revision, probably.

No Castlevania 2 map mod or Rockman 4MI on hardware then. Fuck.

Does he do a Mark III ED?

Not right now at least, but it's a possibility after the Everdrive GBA he's working on comes out, after all there's an n64 v3 and a mega everdrive v2/edv3.

Mega Everdrive still the best. V3 isn't half bad though, played Sonic: The Next Level nicely on hardware. Seeing ROMhacks suffer through PAL slowdown is hilarious.

GBA Everdrive? That sounds useful. Don't know many flashcarts for that. Maybe he'll advance to the DS afterwards.

EZ-Flash IV has always been the go to for GBA, but it's still very chink-y. there's the EZ Flash 3-in-1 too but that's more of a DS Lite expansion than anything. Unfortunately he had to get it into a big cart so it won't fit like a normal GBA cart but I'll still probably wind up getting one, probably after a second rev comes out because let's face it, it's gonna happen.

I don't see Krikkz working on the DS though, DS Flash carts are as plentiful as the sea is wet. FYI If you want a good DS Flash Cart, get the R4i Gold RTS, it uses the best cart firmware and supports Black 2/White 2, it's only $20. Avoid the SDHC-Dual Core ones, their firmware is shit. If you want to go all out, you can get a Supercard for like $40 but the only advantages to it are the SNES and GBA emulator which are easily outdone if you're playing on a 3ds anyways (I wouldn't recommend it though, at least on the XL it looks like pure shit playing DS on 3ds).

If you live in the US, the best retailer for those is modchipsdirect.com, they're one of the last few based in the USA and shipping from USA.

I can't imagine that working well.

The Supercard has it's own processor inside of it, which is why it costs $40, that helps but it's still far far from perfect.