CN real

Yall ready for some Hole in the wall

What a failure.

Hole in the Wall had like 3-4 holes to go through in a 30 minute segment. That's like about a minute of actual hole-filling footage an episode. The rest was replays and hearing backstories about the competitors and shit. So about less than 5% of your 21 minutes (minus commercials) of show is actually about what your show is about.

Dont remind us.

They still do those real life shows on CN?

What was that basketball knockoff that they showed?

I remember seeing an episode of "Destroy, build destroy" where one of the teams beat the other in a minigame and chose to have a cement mixer dump cement on the other team's contraption. So they poured like, 10 pounds of cement on it total and even the kids were like "wow that was pretty lame"

Honestly, who thought any of this stuff was a good idea? Was it just because it had significantly lower production values then making actual cartoons?

I think it was the guy who was in charge at the time who made those stupid live action decisions.

Look on the bright side; at least you didn't have week-long marathons of Teen Titans GO! when I was in charge!

the one with the fucking trampolines?

I just wanna watch some cartoons, man. No one asked for this shit.

Did anyone ever find out who drew that?

You do realize that Snyder was the one that started the tendency to over-air TTGo, right? Maybe not to the extent of today, but he was no better.

Yep. Johnny Test all day.
Actually, I want to know: which channel was the first to do that? Because now nearly every channel I used to watch does it, like The History Channel.

Nope, but apparently it was an intern and probably form CalArts. That person is trying to stay low as possible since then.

slamball

It actually might have been fun if they had more holes.

for fucks' sake, someone needs to grab the original Cowboy Bebop guy who drew that and get him to draw a new Spike. And a Space Dandy too. I don't want that shitty drawing to stay there forever.

The pencil lines in that photo have been enhanced, it was much harder to recognize the drawing and possibly the only justification for why it was (accidentally?) drawn on .
The intern should have been supervised when doing this, because I suppose there aren't any other previous drawings from that CN staircase that have overlapping drawings is there?

That's it.

oh lord no

Show was better in Japanese
not even being a weeb about it

What a terrible age, cant say things really improved.

The show makes more sense when you consider the original version of the show as done in Japan was done with comedians competing.

The whole thing was a gag and someone in the US thought it'd be a legitimately good game show.

That makes sense

At least we got cartoons.

I dont think they started that trend.

The channels are starved for new content because TV is a dying media and people are now pitching to online companies like hulu, netflix, and amazon.

honestly think he'd want to step anywhere near the turd which is Cartoon Network today?

user is there something wrong with your keyboard?

Even if this were true today, Johny Test started in 2005 and ended around 2015, whereas Netflix started in 2013, so cartoon TV animations weren't in danger back then. Even if TV is a dieing medium, that doesn't mean they can't go online like Netflix AND produce high-quality cartoons, even Netflix produced a few cartoons like Voltron and Castlevania, and say what you want about them, they are definitely better than TTGO or Johny Test. There are many factors that contributed to the death of CN, like the lack of talented animators or competent CEOs, but Netflix isn't one of them.

Is Test still going?

No, but Spongebob is still going on Nickelodeon and TTGO has the potential to be is forced as the new Johny Test for CN.

Did CN Real still last longer than CN's other attempt to be more like the competition, Tickle-U?

Tails is ready for some hole in the wall.

Which of them put this show on the air and played it as often as it was? Because this show was a fucking travesty.

They should have just paid for the rights to air Garfield and Friends. Now that was a good show.

Maybe it's a dying medium because if you air the same show 12 hours a day there's not much reason to watch any of it.

one thing i have to question is how the hell miller manage to obtain the president position, how do you even get that position anyway?

Investor community, they wanted to be hip with the kids.

Time Warner sure does know how to pick just the right person to run a childrens network.