Marvel Netflix's days are numbered

archive.is/C7WWu

Sounds like we gonna have a streaming service crash sooner or later with Hulu, Amazon, CBS and now Disney wanting a part on the pie.

Other urls found in this thread:

comicbookmovie.com/disney/disney-to-end-contract-with-netflix-in-2019-to-start-their-own-streaming-service-marvel-shows-will-stay-put-a153171
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Woopdedoo. Disney wants to cash in on the fad while waiting two years that could make the fad itself die out quickly. As Netflix is already in apparent massive debt. Disney seems to be making more and more stupid decisions that are gonna give out eventually.

Crash is probably what will happen. Each company will make their own streaming service, and if you will want to have access to all content, it will be cheaper to just get cable. Companies will lose ton of money and everything will go back to pre-netflix days.

Not surprising.
They already have lots of VODs, so they just want to expand it into their own thing.

Hulu and Amazon have lots of exclusive shows, so they'll stay about, and I can see Discovery working out, but CBS will crash and burn with Star Trek Discovery at the helm. It takes a special amount of effort to fuck up Star Trek more than Voyager and Enterprise combined.

As stupid this decision is, I have a feeling that the fanbase of mouth breathing retards will just throw money at it enough to make it a hit.

Of course. People do it every single fucking time. If it's a big enough of a trashfire, people will pay to see it. With this it's just more brainwashed casual morons that see Disney and automatically believe everything they make is pure gold and therefore they must pay to watch anything and everything they produce.

Boo Hoo….

So far it's only Disney and Pixar brand stuff

Looks like companies are finally starting to realize who actually watches what on Netflix so they're blackballing them or even outright suffocating them to get rid of the middleman.

Doesn't Disney own a piece of Hulu?

I've seen this happen before, in the comics industry.

No it isn't, the contract between Netflix and Marvel is different than the distribution deal with Disney.

And video games too.

Get out, Holla Forums. It's not the same considering publishers are a dime a dozen.

ftfy

And we are getting closer to reach a video service bubble. Maybe it is for the best.

If you actually knew the history behind the Video Game Crash in the 80s, you knew this shit is similar with the saturation of consoles. Most people don't want to pay for different subscriptions.

I thought it was because Atari couldn't control the influx of games coming that were poor quality.

Disney still owns part of Hulu and people assumed they would buy Netflix…so what happened?

It gets bought by that one guy who bought all those blockbusters

That was also a factor, but back then there were so many game consoles it was hard to keep track of everything and so many products were poor and it was little wonder most companies went bankrupt.

OP here
comicbookmovie.com/disney/disney-to-end-contract-with-netflix-in-2019-to-start-their-own-streaming-service-marvel-shows-will-stay-put-a153171

The shows will stay in place… So apparently I jumped the gun.

Playing the odds.
Having their own service means they can negotiate harder with Netflix.

After losing so much money trying to run their service and every company trying to outjew netflix as a platform you're just going to end up with each streaming service, especially netflix, creating their own content. Much like every grocery sells brand name milk, bread, eggs, etc but also stocks their own super cheap store specific brand (7-11 even sells a 7-11 brand of 'arizona iced tea' for the same price but 2 more ounces).

Netflix is going to start churning out more content, they're desperate to stop relying on others for programming. I'm excited to see what the first netflix blockbuster film will look like, we live in interesting times.

Yes, but I don't see those as being the same in this regard of distribution. Besides from video games having recovered, comics and movies are different in that, Diamond has a monopoly and movie streaming is just a pissing contest. I don't think either of them have more pros than cons against Netflix. The only main rivals are Amazon and Hulu, and both struggle to get to the same level as Netflix.
With video games, that was an issue back in the 80s, but nowadays you have only four main options for any kind of gaming: PC, Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo. And actual gamers tend to stay within that realm with smart phones and shit not even counting.

Well, the Marvel shows are shit even by normalfag standards so that's not really anything to write home about. They stream MCU films though, and Disney emulating CBS All-Access with the films is just fucking themselves and Netflix over.

This is actually even dumber than the shit they've been pulling with ESPN, turning that into a political outlet at least makes a minimal amount of sense when you factor that Iger wants to run for President in a few years and is willing to light ESPN on fire to get that going. This move doesn't even have a political component to use for a flimsy justification, it's just rank stupidity that will make absolutely zero people money and have zero impact anywhere.

Why is it so easy nowadays to legally stream a song for free? Because the record industry is dead?

Internet forced music industry to change. Music is very easy to pirate, replicate, or just be heared on yooutube. Cheap services like Pandora and Spotify are the only way to make profit off of masses, since people barely listen to radio and won't buy albums unless they come with extra stuff. Nowadays there is more money in licensing, concerts, ad deals, special appearances, and maybe music video views online.

bump

Probably like Louis C.K.'s wet dreams.

Netflix was only popular in the first place because of how much shit you could get in one place, for one subscription fee. The more distributors split away and try to make their own services, the more people are going to lose interest in this whole model and just turn to piracy.

Why bump this? OP was fucking off the mark and the Marvel Netflix shows won't be affected by this change.

Who knows.