Guys, apparently some Comic Book site is attacking comic consumers. The comic book gamergate has started

Guys, apparently some Comic Book site is attacking comic consumers. The comic book gamergate has started.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/jldl2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

When will this meme ever die?
The reason anyone gave a shit about GamerGate to start with was that people were censoring information on the internet from being discussed, not some random whore being shittalked on the internet - that happens all the time already and people move on afterwards. The fact you were forbidden from talking about it on Reddit, halfchan and other places was what drew people in.

The retards trying to start this Gate drama only read the part about women being harassed on the internet and thought extra buckles.

It didn't help when faggots from /GamerGateHQ/ tried starting ComicGate shit here without even understanding why Holla Forumsmic book readers didn't revolt. No one gives a shit about comics anymore, it's a dying industry, whereas gaming is a multi-billion dollar industry and hadn't been Jew'd yet.

What's happening here is essentially the comic industry's version of "Gamers are Dead". I don't know about you, but that's basically suicide for the comic industry.

This is like the fifth thread we've had on this. It's still not happening because there's still around 100,000 faggots willing to buy these books even when the quality has taken a nosedive and all of the characters have been replaced by inferior token diversity characters with no redeeming qualities.

Provide a source next time OP.

It's no different from the other times they attacked comic book readers. Until Reddit, cuckchan, and whatever the fuck Holla Forums uses begin being censored, /comicgate/ won't be a thing.

I'm a fucking idiot for forgetting this
archive.is/jldl2

No matter how many times this happens, which is every fucking day, there will not be a comic gate. Gamergate served the purpose of exposing the ugly side of the gaming industry and what it was becoming/became. The ugly sides of comics isn't hidden or unknown at all. The only reason comics are still around is thanks to the shitty normalfags who still can't see how bad it all is. Along with SJW types buying enough just to keep the books afloat long enough. Then there's probably a very very small minority of young kids just stupidly getting Marvel comics because they like the movies and aren't aware/can't understand what's happening in the industry.

Sad fact is that a comicgate is uneeded and pointless. We just have to keep letting it known how shit everything's become, how it could be done better, and to actually support other products that have some integrity. Don't give the mainstream comic companies what they want. They thrive on controversy. They're their own worst enemy in the end. Eventually something will give and we can all just watch the flames dance.

We could at least try and salvage what's left of the industry by making our own stuff, but I'm 90% Holla Forums is one of the only boards that get stuff done. Though Holla Forums is probably already picked this up.

Thanks for the source, but I don't believe this is close to gamergate. Gamergate started because of the fact discussion of what at first seemed to be just some women sleeping around was being suppressed. This lead to the constant digging by curious people that eventually uncovered so much. The real point of this article is a call to censor speech, plain as that.

We could. We should. But Holla Forums is very lazy and unorganized. We don't have the means or talent to get stuff done. So we either give up, hope some one picks up the slack instead, or learn to actually draw so we can get a more active creator userbase. But yes, Holla Forums tends to be the only board that gets anything worthwhile done. Holla Forums's biggest achievement was Vivian.

Fuck off swc

Wut?

Nothing new there. It's been happening for a while and, as we've already pointed out, comics aren't that big of a deal. There's not that many people reading and buying them, but the reason it seems like the public cares is because the media is exceedingly good at creating mountains out of molehills.

Saying
is not a news story. That is the "dog bites man" headline. No one cares.. But saying
is "man bites dog" and that shit is good enough for them to run with like it's a real story.

Then make a webcomic. What's stopping you? The fear that your work won't ever be published alongside Marvel's Civil War 3, and some hipster's comic adaptation of a CalArts cartoon?

I think you mean /tg/

What the hell has pol done? And don't say that meme magic shit.

I don't give a fuck about comics.

Maybe if I was born in 1930 and it was either reading that or listening to the radio.

Well maybe back in 2012 they did stuff.
Now Holla Forums is just reddit trump cocksuckers and imkikey the shitskin mod banning any non-hugbox posts

Were comics ever good?

Artistic ability that makes DeviantArt fetish comics look like Renaissance era masters. Well actually I did try in elementary school but my interests went to making games.

Ah great…and we just finished covering up the trenches from the last gate.

Desperate Dan and the Beano were fucking brilliant.

Probably for the best.

you comic cucks didn`t do anything before and won`t do anything now

shit just reading this board, where supposedly the most radical people against the subversion of comics, most of you are at least open to the idea of turning characters into niggers or females, as long as it makes a good story and the agenda pushing is at minimum, a contradictory desire to say the least

SWC stop trying to make comicgate a thing
It's not happening just shut the fuck up

Fuck, I recognize that article. I had to study a buttload of time issues for some current events academic contest thing. The amount of cringeworthy articles and outright lies was fucking astounding.

Hell no. Look at the Domino thread or how other anons reacted about Valkyrie being black in Thor Ragnarok.

The only positive about the current shit heap that is the comics industry, is that the money is drying up substantially and creative types that just want easy money are going into television, film and video games (so easy to make a walking simulator or VN).

Eventually, the industry will only have the guys that have been around for 40 years in charge, people like, though it pains me to say, Moore. The idiots that stick along to the bitter end are the ones that actually enjoy what they do and don't do it for political, social or financial reasons, and they're the ones you want sticking around.

Just let Marvel rot further and force Disney to bail them out until closure and reprints, and wait and see what DC does with their latest turn-around and firing of fuckwits, which has improved quality and profit a fair amount.
I feel the other large publications like IDW, Image and Dark Horse will stick around doing the same shit they've always done, but those shitty arthouse places will jump to the next political money-maker.

Either it all burns to the ground and we just read the 90+ years of backlogs, or something worthwhile takes form.

Aren't we in the peak of social media censorship? With shadow banning, demonetising, ADL in youtube, the Jordan Peterson thing, that sjw twitter task force…

People with wrong opinions are getting fucked everywhere. If nothing happened to the 'trolls' in the milk shake bs maybe it's because there was nothing to reprimand.

Literally every marvel creator right now.

>>>/auschwitz/

It didn't happen already?

Is this fag even still making comics on the regular?

That sad fuck still exists?

God dammit why is it the people who know absolutely nothing about a subject just have to spread their bullshit everywhere like we don't know they are stupid?

With a diference, comic readers actually are dead, just as the comic industry. These guys aren't imposing a narrative, they are scraching it praying for it to work

I have noticed that the amount of opinions these people try to shove down someone's throat shares a negative relationship with knowledge of the subject.

Why does everything have to be the next gamergate? For one thing, GG was an absolute failiure. Known as a hate group to the general populace. Games journalism is still shit, and all of the literal whos got their media coverage, their patreon money, books on how harassed they were, and meetings at the UN and various tech companies. It died a death. Nothing of the sort will ever be as big for a good while unless it can be made to suit a narrative the media wants. In which case, it's a bad thing.

GG is blamed for getting Donald Trump elected though. While I don't necessarily say these two were related because I remember people that supported GG tended to lean left and were Bernie bros, many people blame it for creating a generation of anti-SJWs.

Except it didn't change anything in Video Games and it won't change anything here.

OP IS OFFICIAL KING OF RETARDS

Get off my board you clickbait eating casual piece of shit.

>giving a single shit to the completely irrelevant field of comics journalism

You have a lot to learn about comics, newfag.

Ha ha ha ha

Don't bother, game journalism was also irrelevant in video games.

Anything I missed?

And what do you suggest, faggot? Activism? Or maybe a twitter hashtag? There's little to nothing you can do, the super hero crazy is just another normalfag thing that might last a few years top. Apathy also helps.
It's that simple.

turn off that pesky addblock

While you're not wrong, that's not what that author is talking about. The author is talking about the backlash he received for shitting on Howard Chaykin, because Chaykin, a liberal through and through, drew a cover that had a paki hanged and genitals cut off. The point was that this is what Chaykin thinks all Trump voters really want. Mr. Comics Have a Troll Problem wrote:
Creators probably shit talked him because he works for Bleeding Cool, who are shit stirrers and clickbait trolls, and for shitting on Chaykin like a pissy teenage twat over what ultimately was a liberal expression because it was triggering.

The beauty of this is that it works either way.

Hey Matt

Oh boy. A casual. A casual who I have to explain the entire comics industry to.

Oh if it were only that simple. First, comic readers aren't the Big Two's audience. Comic shops are. See, the comics industry runs on the "direct market" where shops order comics from a distributor for a discount in exchange for those comics being non-returnable. Comic shops front all the risk while the Big Two get a bunch of money regardless if the comics actually sell.

Second, comic shops are in rather desperate straights because the audience for comics has been shrinking for the last twenty or thirty years. It gets smaller and smaller as the neckbeards get older and leave comics, with no new comic readers to replace them. The Big Two play on these concerns to con shops with a bunch of shit comics, events, and variant covers they promise will "bring in new readers", only for the shop to get stuck with a bunch of unsellable drek. Worse yet, in Marvel's case, it actually caused the new audiences to shrink after they got scared off by the amount of garbage Marvel was dumping on them.

No, they're kept afloat by shops and the sheer volume of product they produce.

Nothing is likely to change because they've been doing this shit for thirty fucking years and won't learn until they hit rock bottom.

Yeah, I'm aware of how comic shops operate. That's how most niche hobby shops operate, some of them seem to have realized relying on an industry that could go to shit at any time is a bad idea, so they carry Pen and Paper games along with the comics. I wasn't aware the industry being in dire straits for that long though.

There was a whole /comicgate/ board at one point, it was inactive as fuck. We tried to come up with a proud POC mascot (so we wouldn't look racist, see?), one guy dug one site, found something objectionable, and came up with a list of advertisers to email, then the board died.

You've got to keep in mind that in 1993, the direct market was basically annihilated when Marvel tried to corner the distribution market. That crash is the reason Diamond is the sole comics distributor in the United States.

Then things got worse in the 2000s when both DC and Marvel started focusing on short-term sales to the neckbeards that bought a lot of product. It worked great, until the neckbeards got old, left comics, and there was no new blood to replace them.

This is how comics got in the situation it's in now. They keep trying the old sales tactics as shops close and the market slowly collapses.

Was it Comics Alliance? Because that site fucking died back in March.

They keep trying the old sales tactics on NEW READERS. That's why most of Marvel's output now is fucking hashtag shit. But it's not working, since the audience for that kind of sensationalism is too small to pick up the neckbeard's slack.

It's clear that the majority of new readers just want a consistent story at an affordable price.

Obvious bait.

This is why you guys are faggots.

Go back there and LARP as if you belong to a political philosophy that's been dead for 72 years.

I am going to fuck you with a rake nigger.

Holla Forums isn't the place for you if you can't handle the memes that are a part of chan culture. Go home newfag.

Die faggot

I think he's referring to the fact that the OP posted a thumbnail.

>tfw everyone is a faggot

you mean this >>>/gamergatehq/ that's been dead for 2 years and counting showing a whopping 5 users active ? that's the one tried to start shit"?

Can you spell "forced meme" ?

And yet it's more alive than your jewish subversion cult that was never well and alive in the first place.

>>>Holla Forums

No one cares about comics anymore. They are shit and people who buy them still are retarded

Holla Forums is where the GamerGate threads happen now. There's a new one every few days.

Back to your shithole of a board,
>>>Holla Forums

Kotaku in Action is where the remains of GG reside. It's awful. As for Holla Forums, that kind of stupid shit is why I don't go there anymore.

Are you implying Holla Forums thinks gaming is a good medium? Try reddit for that, this is what this image screams.

What is with all these fags trying to drive a wedge between Holla Forums, and Holla Forums? You know this isn't going to work right?

To be fair, go into any comic book store and count the cucks. Its dissappointing.

Back in the Current Year, or as we know it 2015, /gamergatehq/ was one of the top boards (but was already beginning to slip because of that autistic feud) and so many of the users tried instigating /comicgate/ by exploiting the whole Joker/Batgirl cover controversy.
And yes it's dead now, I blame it on the schism, and AcidFaggot.

8ch/v/ used to be okay. But not much anymore. I don't even know why I come to Holla Forums anymore, I occasionally just pick up comics from here.

Probably the same vermin from Holla Forums who try to drive wedges between Holla Forums and everyone else.

More on the line, its the same faggot that keeps shilling other websites and subsequently begins shitposting everywhere. I mean, have you seen what Holla Forums looks like now compared to early 2016? That's what happens when you have zero to no moderation, and the faggot that tries to pull this board war faggotry stems from there.

It's not like they have to try very hard with the way Holla Forums shits up every board.

They're to busy with the 24/7 happenings to go anywhere else. Ya got the Google meltdown, best Korea, more DNC leaks, the witch hunt, Sweden Yes, Share Blue, etc…… Its more of the work of a Goon than anyone else.

arent comic book sales already on the low side? they want to lose more sales? A normal business can't operate like this, wtf? If i was a major shareholder I'd fucking purge all the leftists and force all the artists to draw big ol tiddies eerrywhere.

What a fucking joke that was. Holla Forums warned them that it was pointless to go after that cover. The change was coming from in house, specifically from Batgirl's writer Cameron Stewart, and the artist didn't give a fuck because he already got paid. To top it off, it was a fucking variant cover, which are a fucking blight on the medium anyway. Nobody was getting fucked (in fact it was actually good because DC was wasting money) but GG fags were bent on starting a Comicsgate over it.

Then, when "covergate" blew up in their face for the exact reasons described, they blamed Holla Forums for not doing enough. Fucking retards the lot of them.

Fun fact, he's also tried, repeatedly, to start shit on /tg/

I got a 3-day ban from the faggot mod for "spamming," his definition of spamming being creating a single thread.
He's also banned other people for not storytiming.
He is cancer. We need mods, sure, but not vols that delete everything they kind of disagree with on an already slow-ass board. I didn't even miss anything in those 3 days because the board is slow enough as it is. Do you want to end up like 4ch?

If it prevents the forces of faggotry that destroyed old Holla Forums from invading here, im fine. I've been following the logs and ban lists and i have honestly no issue with what their deleting. The only problem is they take the easy route and IP delete everything and not the specific posts.

They aren't preventing faggotry, though. Fuckass deletes shit for no reason, claims it's spam or whatever else, and when someone tells him to at least not be a faggotron and not delete by IP, he acts like it's all just one person that dislikes him and accuses them of spamming.

He's only one purge away from being Powergirl Autist, who was just pissed because people didn't like his stupid idea of what Holla Forums should be.

Fuck, I remember that thread. I remember posting on there or some other thread telling them that /comicgate/ was pointless and they called me a "defeatist shill"

Say what?

good catch user, I missed that