Kingsman: The Golden Circle

I didn't even particularly like the first Kangzman movie, but this one just completely shits the bed. The only partial saving grace is Julianne Moore's hammy overacting.

first one was trash so why would this be any better?

The first one was what a modern James Bond should be like, the Bond franchise is suffocated by political correctness into the Daniel Craig borefests.

the first one was even worse than james bond shit

How can anybody expect anything else?

I think, despite Eon's best efforts, there is a tone and lingering shred of elegance to the Bond films that they have been unable to stamp out, that Kingsman doesn't have. It's crass on a level, and comparisons can be drawn to Eggsy's class differences to the Kingsman organization depicted in the film. And that's okay, it was well choreographed and competently assembled, but I wouldn't want to lose a film like Spectre to get more Kingsman movies. The score and camerawork of Spectre was commendable.

Even if you loathe Craig's Bond films, I don't believe that there is great long-term cinematic value to be had in deconstructing the classic spy movie. We're not exactly at peak spy-film these days anymore. I haven't seen the second Kingsman film, however I am left wondering how much gas this franchise has in the tank. From the sound of it, the sequel has already fallen back on references and social commentary instead of a compelling, punchy plot. I am left to wonder if it is based on a comic like the first film.

Anyway, your opinion is your opinion and you're entitled to it, but I stand by my point about deconstruction. There's no long term value in it and we shouldn't be encouraging it in my view. It's cheap and cynical.

So I saw it. I thought it was pretty meh honestly. It was less political that the first one but it really didn't make sense. Here are my people with the movie.

Why? They were the best parts. The MC didn't become likeable until he started mimicking that older spy. A friend wants to go see it, but I'd rather go see IT again.

I wouldn't bother losing either if i had more Goldeneye and Living Daylights

Back to Holla Forums

"Spy movies", as a genre, have basically been replaced by and co-opted into "Superhero movies". Which is to say there's no real difference at all between Kingsmen and Avengers aside from who owns the IP.

Spectre had a meh soundtrack the camera work was pretty good in some spots but not in others because you could tell the script and direction was getting half assed and they had reshoots

Plenty of sub-genres have been replaced by Superhero, because not even spy movies were as big as capeshit, at least not outside Murka

The alt-right is infecting movie critics.

I've noticed something else in addition to deconstruction that's negatively affecting entertainment. The lack of outside material used. Instead of drawing from real world elements, modern entertainment draws material from other entertainment. Ready Player One is the best example I can give. All derivative, nothing that can stand on its own. I get that nothing exists in a bubble, but there is also a fine line between being inspired and trying to ape other films. The Bourne Identity did a good job of having inspiration from spy films like Bond, but took its film in a different direction rather than being a clone. A good derivative example would be modern Star Wars. Ignoring the EU, they could've drawn inspiration from other real life wars, even ones that matched their politics, looked at other old sci-fi material to draw from as Lucas did, or even take OT material and actually fucking update it 30 years. Instead it's exactly like the originals with only different paint jobs and pandering casting decisions. J.J. Abrams is the poster child of all the problems modern entertainment has right now.

you're a special kind of retard

t. Umbrobergsmith

Jews?

Is he the new atheist British guy who always write anti-Christian stories yet has a boner for Islam?

You mean Garth Ennis?

Can someone explain to me why every British atheist celebrity loves Islam?

Laughable

Because the Brits are cucks, every last one of them. The eternal Anglo is not a meme.

I'm still really surprised he's coming back to direct Episode IX. It makes me wonder if Kennedy has more power than him, he's the only one who will just copy and paste the OT like she wants, or people are really starting to catch on to his shortcomings and he's doing it to save his image. Maybe a mix.

Maybe Disney sent him to Kennedy because, as a prominent member of the Tribe, she can't fire him like the rest of the cucks.

>Texas is a full five IQ points higher than California

Treverrow was part of them too with Spielberg's blessing, yet even that didn't save him.

user I don't particularly think he's good but he resurrected the Mission Impossible franchise and Star Trek franchise alone. Why would he lose his job

I hate you texasfags

I live in London

Better than texas

London is better than nowhere, London is the Detroit of Western Europe.

Disagree
That wonderful drab weather

why
I just wanted to shit on California tbh

I can't comment on MI, but he did fuck up Star Trek immediately afterwards with Into Darkness. My point is that he can bring back franchises, but in a way that just as quickly puts them back into the grave. Better than a Snyder or Feig that fuck up right out of the gate, but ultimately brings the same ruination by the end. Abrams is a master of hooks, but of a disaster of climaxes. IX is going to be the cinematic blue balls of a generation.

I think id hate cali
At least oregon has the legal weed minus California's Psychos

Mission Impossible III was actually decent, but the ending still wasn't anything special. Yea IX will be possibly worse than VII which seems impossible but every JJ flick has been getting worse.

First we have to live through Episode VIII, and Disney seems to be trying really hard to make everyone forget it exists.

At least MI didn't get boned by him, that's good. IX's problem is that people will want a definite ending to this trilogy, but Disney wants another right after. Doing both would be hard enough, so I'm sure Abrams will play to his strengths. Quickly close any easy plot points while kicking the can farther down the road for any concrete resolution. They're also limited by what goes down in VII, like mentioned. Disney is more competent than DCU or the others, but even they can't hide the panic going on right now in Lucasfilm over what VIII has become. Rian hasn't had negative shit leak out like the other directors, but bringing Abrams to take over again instead of pulling a David Yates to keep consistency says a lot. Maybe they want Abrams to rereboot the series again or something really insane to fix the damage. Can't wait to see the reaction in December, looks like a promising shitshow.

The first one sucked. I was genuinely surprised when I saw anons saying they were looking forward to this.

California is objectively a better state than Texas. We have less spics and less neocon retards. Enjoy being the goodest of goys for both Israel and Mexico, Cowgoy.

The south needs to cleansed with fire and sword.

Bullshit, California's stuffed to the fucking brim with Mexicans.
Oh, you mean empty meaningless buzzwords emptyheaded leftist dipshits shit out that by the simple fact you use as an insult invalidates the entirety of your stupid fucking opinion? You tards always say neocons are bad, but never give a specific, universal reason. Just "They're bad and they're dumb!" Bill Mahr tier whining.

Your state has San Francisco, it's the epicenter of SJW bullshit, virtually every form of online censorship stems from.

You can't fucking breathe in your stupid state because like every other leftist shithole while claiming to be environmentalists you have the worst fucking environment anywhere. Your entire state is covered in giant obnoxious billboards for the most horrendous shit Hollywood shits out -oh look, another stain of a city in your worthless state, whodathunk?

And to top it all off, your example of your state being cool is some attentionwhore cunt wearing a bikini in the snow, which is a perfect epitomization of your entire state, stupid fucking attentionwhores who make the worst decisions fucking possible, which is probably why Texas has five IQ points higher than you.

Texas: NASA, Buddy Holly, Sam Houston, Dr. Pepper, a ton of other really cool shit.

California: Marxism factories, self-important douches, fag metropolises and the last bastion of AIDS.

Eat shit Commifornian.

You're the most bitter piece of shit I've come across on this shit board.
when were these mentioned? Literally the only progressive leaning they had in this film was drugs should be legalised. If you thought this was anti-redneck you're a fucking retard. The first movie had a bit of that though I'll admit.
you realise this is meant to be the spiritual successor to Roger Moore era James Bond, right? It's meant to be mindless fun.
You're also ignoring the fact the first film had a slightly anti-liberal message, the villain wanted to kill off those same redneck types to save the world from global warming. It was anti global warming fanaticism if we're going to take it seriously and try nitpick what the writers' intentions were.
Maybe relax a bit and enjoy a fucking movie once in a while instead of living day-to-day off Trump news, Colbert monologues and """banter""" on Holla Forums. Go out and enjoy a flick in your local cineplex, turn your brain off. You seriously need a detox from politics.
That said The Golden Circle was incredibly disappointing,
A lot of the jokes fell flat and I felt embarrassed when they'd have a joke (usually one of the 'lol Elton John said fuck! xD" jokes) and it'd get no laughs.

I liked the first one a lot tbh.

XD

Last time I checked Hollywood isn't in Texas

Reddit: the post. Fuck off.

more like Kingsman: The Golden Flop amiright?

Reminder Channing Tatum has never been good nor will he ever be not cringey

I hope VIII is a shitshow of immense proportions that even normies laugh at but we all know its going to get praised critically no matter what.

I feel like Rian didn't want anything to do with star wars anymore or Disney didnt like what he did because he was supposed to originally write IX with Trevorrow directing then it was Trevorrow directing with a new writer, then they fired both the new writer and Trevorrow to get Abrams. They are basically panicking then and they know Abrams will bring the easy forgettable schlock like he did in VII that will rake in the money.

Bringing in Abrams definitely says something.

Using our memes just makes you look even more pathetic, leftycuck

then why did you watch 2 second one idiot

POPPY DID NOTHING WRONG

just like the first movie

no he dose have a good reasons, like his said his company would profit and crack heads killed his GF. holy shit you're actually mad that he was a complex character that had his own motivations?

fuck you John Elton stole the fucking movie holy shit the whole theater was cracking up

now , is the is movie better than the first one ? no the origin story is almost always better than the other story. was the movie bad ? no did people have crazy high expectations for this movie ? yes

like how they brought back the guy they killed in the first movie in this movie. did you see anyone actually die ?? you just saw the explosions.

You're saying wanting to kill off all of humanity isn't villainous?

"lelelele I was good but actually I'm a double agent" isn't complexity.

The Dark Knight was better than Begins. Spider-Man 2 was better than part 1. Winter Soldier was better than The First Avenger.

the Earth is going to end at the current rate we are using it's resources, that is 100% fact. the "villain" was right but means at which he was slowing down our use resources was bad. whats funny is that the super rich already have built hide outs that they will live in when they leave use all to die. does that make them evil?

no he wasn't, I had to explain this to the person I watched the movie with driving back. He was NOT a double agent. He did NOT work for Poppy and he was NOT working for the gov. he just wanted all of the drug attics to die , he thought the world would be a better place with out them. I kind of agree with him.

your pointing out exceptions to the rule sequels are almost always score lower than the first movies. that's a known "thing", people have made charts to back that up

Milar is a special kind of retardation. Look up Nemesis if you don't believe me.

Try actually looking around at human beings sometime.
lol, so you're a retard? Okay, now I get it.

This is the most shockingly stupid and incompetently handled movie I've seen in a while. It has some decent set pieces, but that's about it.

I am pleased with this filename.

the president was the hero of the movie, all the drugfags should've died

The only thing i remember about the original is that it had the lamest head explotions ever made, why people like it?

Can you tell me what the fuck is going on in the first picture

"Shontananay didn't need no collage [sic] and been be showin' off them club moves, youknowwhatimsayin."

It was pretty meh and I say that as someone who really enjoyed the first one. They tried to do too much story in this one and it back fired because it all happens too quickly and feels like a mess. Which also makes some of the fight scenes feel worse.
Like you had the bar scene 2.0 but unlike the bar scene from the first movie where it had a set up and a reason for happening this one happened out of no where. Some redneck just comes up out of nowhere and talks about how they don't like brits for some strange reason. I could've forgiven this if the fight scene was as good as the first movie, but it's not. In the first movie's bar scene it shows off what a kingsman can do, he uses lot's of his gadgets throughout the fight. In the new bar scene it's a Statesman fighting, so what does he do? Show off all the cool gadgets used by statesman? No he uses a whip/laso for the entire fight. So not only was the set up lame, so was the fight.

There were a few good moments i thought, like the big fight scene where they raid poppy's base and a few of the other ending fights. But the rest of the movie moved too slow and had unrewarding fight scenes.

I have a feeling Roxy is still alive and will be a plot twist for the final movie. Like how Harry and the armless dude were for this one.
Nah, just like the first movie it does the whole centrist thing. Both were portrayed as evil caricatures of the drug debate. One side wanted to legalize drugs so bad that they held millions of people hostage, and were willing to kill them all. while the other side hated the druggies so much they were fine with letting them all die.
Yeah I'll agree that was retarded, it was so shoe horned in. It could've been done well if they had set it up better, but instead he just comes out and betrays them and has a throw away line about how his wife got killed by a druggie so now he's going to kill all the druggies.
Probably for the best tbh
I actually enjoyed those parts.

So it's Holla Forums the movie?

I just saw it and it was pretty good except for every scene that focused on the american presidency. Those scenes felt so forced and as if Colbert himself made them. I don't remember Brexit being mentioned and the redneck thing is just a common trope for the south like hipsters are for the west coast. The movie would be great if the president scenes were removed and the final act was changed a bit. They were too jarring and felt like they were spliced in from a different movie.

The ending was a bit retarded though and it makes all americans look like drug addicts. It's also illegal for federal workers to use drugs, so that dumb cunt in the end would have been shitcanned and the impeachment process doesn't work like that. Retarded hollywood libs were pandering hard with this movie and it only made $39 mil due to the good faith accrued from the first movie. I can't imagine how bad a third movie would now given the shit they pulled with this movie. The final villain was so lame and the fight with the cowboy made no sense. Poppy went down like a bag of wet noodles and the cowboy had no real reason to fight them. It doesn't make sense for him to kill all of the druggies in that way, because that doesn't stop the flow of drugs. The cartels and other groups still have the mechanisms in place to create another generation of druggies.

Reeee

Collider aka Disney

lets be honest kingsman mightve copied a formula, but at least it wasnt shill clown shit

RedLetterMedia aka Disney

The Jews play both sides

I'm no fan of Texas, but most of California is an unlivable third world sewer police state at this point. People are fleeing it in droves. I would rather live anywhere else in the US.

what? 1st one was pretty fucking redpilled imo.

No need to be so smug. It has made $266 million domestically and $478 million total. Plus it released like 3 weeks ago, no surpirse that it isn't at the top of the box office this week.

How much of this is just regression toward the mean?
The better a movie is, the more likely it is to get a sequel. If the quality of a sequel is just completely uncorrelated to the quality of the original, you would expect most sequels to be worse, because their originals are better than the average movie.
Has anyone checked whether that's sufficient explanation for the effect, for example by comparing sequels to movies in general with similar budgets?