Battle of the Sexes

Will this be Commie kino?

Other urls found in this thread:

nationalreview.com/article/451598/battle-sexes-victoria-abdul-reenact-petty-wars
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Spoiler he loses.

nationalreview.com/article/451598/battle-sexes-victoria-abdul-reenact-petty-wars

Spoiler: he threw the game, but it's not in the movie yaaaaas queen!

It was the 1998 Australian Open and the Williams sisters, Venus and Serena, had seen some of the male players practising. On the basis of what they saw, they were convinced that they could beat a man ranked around 200 in the world and wanted to set up a game. At the time I was ranked 203 so the men's tour manager mentioned the possibility of a challenge to me, thinking that I was the perfect candidate. I didn't take much persuading, it seemed like a fun thing to do.

My advice if you're ever in a position to play a match of this nature is be patient - don't be annoyed or surprised if your match against the Williams sisters is cancelled, as they both have very busy schedules. My game against them had to be re-organised at least a couple of times.

Preparation is crucial. Remember that a game like this is light-hearted - taking it too seriously would be a mistake. My training regime consisted of a leisurely round of golf in the morning followed by a couple of shandies. I turned up on court feeling suitably laid-back.

My first game of the afternoon, just a one-set match, was against Serena. A hint: try and play your match somewhere quiet, where you're not going to be pestered by big crowds or lots of press - we were out on one of the back courts at Melbourne Park, No 17 I think it was. I felt so relaxed that I didn't even warm up properly. We started playing and I raced into a 5-0 lead.

At this point Venus turned up to watch. She had just finished a press conference after a quarter-final loss against Lindsey Davenport. In the end I won my game against Serena 6-1 but by the time we were at the net shaking hands, Venus was on court, ready to have a go against me as well. The game against Venus was very similar. I ended up winning 6-2.

Both sisters are great tennis players and hit the ball extremely well. However, if you've been playing on the men's tour there are certain shots you can play that are going to put them in difficulty. Try and put a lot spin on the ball - I was hitting the ball with a degree of spin they don't face week-in, week-out. Another key is to chase down every shot. In our match, they were putting shots into the corners that on the women's tour would be winners but I was able to return them.

In the end I won, but neither myself, nor Venus or Serena took the game too seriously - we were just having a bit of fun.

Apparently, after the game, Serena and Venus immediately told the press they wanted to challenge a male player again. This time they revised the ranking of the man they wanted to face, to 350 in the world. I informed the journalist who told me this that in the next week I was set to lose a lot of ATP points and drop down to 350 in the rankings. I told him that if Venus and Serena waited just one week they could challenge me all over again!

That never came about, but when I saw Venus a few months later at the French Open she came up to me with a big smile on her face and said, 'You know that thing in Australia - it never happened!'

I was just thinking about this. Serena Williams is like the Michael Jordan of women's tennis and she got her ass kicked by a literal who ranked 200 in men's.

Why even shill this ugly, untalented waste of space and Steve Carrel. She couldn't even learn how to hit a ball.

i actually just wanted to shill Armond White's review

Wait that is Emma Stone? All those wrinkles, she looks so old in that pic.

Her mug looked legit disgusting on screen in La La Land

*ribbit* Don't be so *croaks* rude! ribbit

Cocaine and communism is a helluva drug.

How is Emma Stone already so beat?

Ah.

RIP Frogfu

She's always looked like a freak, that's the point

you ever leave a frog out in the sun?
she should have known better than to try and thrive outside of the gray mists of europe.

F

Also karma. Fucking whore cucks her male co-stars out of their pay for "parity".

Oh Hollywood liberals! What ever shall we do?

Bobby Riggs had beat one of the world's top female tennis players a few months pior.

And then:

Who wasn't indebted to the mob?

It really says a lot about how boring tennis is when the lives and identities of the players are more interesting than the sport itself.

I can only watch a tennis match when top players are competing against each other. Could never totally get into it. Like golf, it was a sport enjoyed by the upper class, which is why it is held so highly despite not really being as fun to see as other sports in my opinion.

why did they make carell look like austin powers?

wow. he really is /ourguy/

Billie Jean King seems happy with her slanted portrayal. Can we expect more bias films like Hidden Figures to change history "literally" as we know it?

This movie is propaganda for normie idiots

no wonder emma stone is in it, she's about as dishonest as a fucking jew herself