20% IMPORT TAX

20% IMPORT TAX ON MEXICAN GOODS

archive.is/BpMgS
archive.is/M2Vny

Let's see how that'll play out for them.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/odOp5
archive.is/Hrg2p
fred.stlouisfed.org/series/DEXMXUS
archive.is/3yYdI
ustr.gov/countries-regions/americas/mexico
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The tariff just got 10% higher.

Mexico just got their asses handed to them by the emperor.That shithole is going to burn lel

Shoudn't this appease the left since they love raising taxes?

Only on white people.

The left will consistently take the libertarian position when attacking the right for something they would do.
Remember people getting fired for opinions? Corporate rights say the left.
This is no different, they have now taken the view that the cost will be seamlessly transferred to the American tax payer.
If that's the case then why not abolish corporate tax altogether?

I fucking hate it when the left retreats into libertarianism.

leftists' only positions are to be against whatever their opponent is doing.

I knew Trump would use tariffs to get Mexico to pay for it, that's why he pissed on President Mexico its to show the world the U.S. has real power and is going to start using it. Jews will fear this as the birth rate goes up.

As we've all probably started to notice that white women have been acting differently since confirmation of Trump. Choose wisely fellow anons.

Adolf Hitler speaks about this in one of his speeches, (((International Fiance))) only serves its own all the time.

Right now the plan is tax Whites, give minorities tax credits, Jews use loopholes while the White man cannot work because the Asians a world away make or reserve engineer anything he can develop. No enclave for whites is allowed. But you know this.

I've been trying to get the christian aryan qt at work but it's proving to be a challenge with her working six days a week. Every time I've asked her out, she's just had to tell me she's busy, and she sounds disappointed too ;_;

THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN

good luck, and try to avoid seeming desperate

Press the issue, user. Show her you have initiative, and balls. Ask her when next she's free and then tell her you'll take her out then. Don't take no for an answer. Make sure your insistence comes of as charming and not threatening or creepy. But also firm and assertive, chicks dig that.

no because it will hurt working class people the most

If it fucks over white straight males, it's good policy. That's how the left think. They do the mental gymnastics to try to pretend that they have some kind of reasoning behind it, but it's just to hide their "white male = the enemy" programming.

That's the plan. The first time I asked her, she got this big smile on her face, but then shrugged and just repeatedly kept saying 'I dunno' to everything I asked, and then acted awkward for weeks. After that, I asked a few times and she would just sound disappointed when she was busy. I'm waiting for the right time to strike.

20% is high AF fam. I'm assuming he's willing to come way down on that number. I wonder what happens when they increase their tariffs on us because you know they are going to.

20% more Bender, baby.

Then we sell them a reduced amount of stuff. Whatever.

“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.” -SUN TZU

They all thought it was a campaign slogan.
They all thought it was a joke.

THEY ARE NOT LAUGHING NOW.

Marxist detected. By working class you mean non-working class.

g2b cuckchan

Mexico doesn't have a leg to stand on in any of this and they know it.

What are they gonna do? Declare war on us?

Oy vey, how will we be able to afford avocados, limes, and cheap beer that we can get anywhere else?

We're reaching unprecedented levels of smug

gb2 reddit

I swear an user in another thread was just posting about that. Is Trump taking policy from Holla Forums in real time?

stop being a pussy, ask her out, if she doesn't have a fucking funeral or work she's making a bullshit excuse because women are absolutely dogshit at telling the truth and admitting they don't want to go out with you

it's the brad pitt method or something. if brad pitt came up to that bitch and said the same thing she would drop everything to go out with him, if she doesn't do it for you, she's lukewarm at best and not interested at all at worst

Yes.

he's playing 4d chess. he will end up deporting george soros over the border and then reimporting him so that mexico has to give up 20% of george soros's net worth to pay for the wall

Mr. President, I have a new speech for you.

Okay, guys. Look, here’s what’s going to happen. A while back, there was this guy, see, and he was a traitor. A traitor to our country. That doesn’t sit too well with me, and the effects of his treason are still seen today. So without wasting time going into all the little details about it, here’s what we’re gonna do. We’re gonna buy your border states. The US will pay to buy the land from you. We do that all the time. Every time. Every, look, every time in history that the United States has expanded its borders, whether through peace or through war, we bought the land. Not everybody does that, okay? Most countries, you know, they win a war and they just take it. We paid for it. We always paid for it.
The US has always bought all of its land, and you’re gonna get a great deal on it, believe me. We’re going to buy all of the border states. That’s both Baja Californias, Sonora, Chihuahua–oh, is that where the dogs come from, or is one just named after the other? Anyway–Coahuila, Tamaulipas, and Nuevo Leon. We might want Sinaloa and Durango, too. I don’t know. You guys don’t seem to have control over much of any of that area, anyway. It’s a bloodbath. A real stinger. I mean, you’re letting your own people be massacred there; it’s not a good thing. You don’t want that, do you? I mean, what kind of government can’t even control its own country? Anyway.
We’re going to give you a great deal on the land–the best. Reminiscent of the good old days on the continent, you know? Remember the Louisiana Purchase? Great stuff. Spectacular deal for us and for France. It’s a deal I’m proud of, and you know I make the best deals so that’s saying something. We’re going to buy up that land, so that’s money in your pocket right away, okay? I want to help Mexico out, I really do–almost as much as I’m going to help America. So let’s count that cost against the cost of The Wall, right? Not a big deal, and considering that with the southern border moved even further south, The Wall won’t have to be as long! How about that. Less work for us to build and maintain, cheaper for you. And here’s the best part.
You ready for this? We’re going to clean out the cartels. End them. It’s over and done. You just sign the paper and you’ll never have to hear from–or be afraid of, since you so clearly are–those lowlifes ever again. Promise. Look at me, I’m making you guys a promise, okay? It’s me. You can believe me when I say they’ll be taken care of. Look what I’ve done for America already; you know I’m as good as my word. And you know who else will be taken care of? The regular folks living in those states. And no, I mean the other kind this time. The other kind of ‘take care of’. Not the cartel kind. Not the mob kind. The good kind. Just like the illegals who are in our country’s borders right now will have to return home, we will take the utmost care to ensure that the law-abiding Mexican citizens who live in those border states we’re purchasing–and which will now be our land–will be safely and securely moved to be south of Mexico’s new northern border. And we’re not just going to dump them on you; heavens no. We’ll be there every step of the way to help you finance the construction of new housing for them.
And I mean good housing. First World stuff. Quality. American manufacturing and craftsmanship. You know we do good work. American housing construction is the best. Look at this! Look at what we’re doing together! It’s millions of jobs for Americans, better living conditions for your people, the reunification of your people–because, again, we’re sending the 30 or so million illegals already in our country back to you… It’s a joyous time–the end of your cartels–boy, won’t that be great–and a secure border between our nations. What could be better?
Oh, the financing? Well, you know, we could maybe take a bit more for the cost of The Wall in exchange for those housing developments. Depending on how much cartel land you want to be taken care of, by the time all the deportations are done and The Wall and housing are built, you might just break even. Maybe.
So what do you say? You know I’m going to Make America Great Again, but you have the opportunity for us to make Mexico better, too! Don’t you owe it to your people to see them safe? Don’t you owe it to your people to see them reunited? You want law and order just as much as we do. Let’s build this future. Because the alternative would be… regrettable.

I think what folks are failing to realize here is that Trump has suggested a 20% tax increase on Mexican goods, but Congress has the final say-so.

They said, "No."

Wouldn't that severely hurt the export industry of Mexico, thus increase unemployment rates which in turn increases the likelyhood of immigrants looking for jobs elsewhere?

So it's nothing?

Always start high

That or they actually vote their corrupt politicians out of office and learn how to economy. Cause they ain't comin here.

Every user who suggested that the Dems and a sizeable portions of the Reps (those who hate Trump) in the senate are going to stonewall every suggestion he makes was shouted down for being CTR in the past.

He's probably baiting to bring King Spic to the table to work something out. A 20% import tax would ruin Mexico's already plummeting economy.

Immigrants who can't go anywhere because of the giant fucking wall on the American border. Once Mexico starts pissing into it's own bathwater it'll have to start thinking a little harder about its choices in life.

His actor's a cuck, and his writers are Jews.

Take his advice, and go back.
>>>/4chan/

What if Trump swings a deal where Mexico not only gives America money to build the wall, but because of the special circumstances it gets locked down and specially allocated ONLY for wall building purposes. Congress won't have any choice but to spend it on the wall, and Trump isn't going to let them be dumb cocks about it either because he knows the value of concrete and labor.

House Republicans are the ones who suggested it and nobody has said no.

To be fair, Mexicos economy being an export economy is perfectly viable. Germany is an export economy too. Almost half of Germanies GDP is based on exports. Frances GDP for example is 30% export. Mexicos GDP around 35%, with the USA being the biggest tradepartner.

Beer, snack food poison and cars. That's what they're threatening us with.

Beer, snacks and cars: How a 20% Mexico tariff could cost U.S. shoppers

archive.is/odOp5

wont they just start using boats?

Work of genius really.

Liberals want to remind everyone that a tarrif is going to cost Americans money. That they'll pay for the wall. What they don't realize is they are already willing to pay for it, and they probably buy American anyway.

So liberals and spics are paying for it. What are they going to do, boycott Mexican goods so the money doesn't go to the wall and completely collapse the Mexican economy?

Mexico knows, that's why Fox is raging on Twitter,

How ever will we survive?

Well, they're already occupying huge parts of America. It's time to remove beaner.

Boats are much easier to detect coming in and the coast gaurd could use the work.
Let them try to use boats and they will see what happens.

looks like Trump lost the chad vote guys.

Welp, I guess its time to impeach the president. :^)

bender the robot is still a fucking champ you moron

show me bender at his barmitzvah and I might take the bait

Oh nooooooo, my $1.50 Modelo piss water!
I've seriously heard this as an argument against the wall.

Well they better start making those snackbeer cars fucking america then

People at work got assmad when i told them.

AVACADOS WILL COST 20% MORE TRUMP IS MAKING THE PEOPLE PAY

Jesus fuck they're faggots

Usually the free trade robots kvetch about mythical $10 heads of lettuce. I guess that just doesn't have the dread cachet of over priced piss water and corn chips.

when you factor in all the salmonella poisoning Mexican lettuce might as well be over 100 bucks a pop.

Only people fortunate enough to be able to afford Avacados.

Doesn't this also encourage domestic avacado growing? If so we'd have slightly more jobs. After some amount of competition then the prices would normalize, not like 20 cents more matters anyways.

The NYT is going insane over this. It's the same tired shit the globalists on the left and right have been crying about for years. They have no idea how glad I am to see their tears are real this time.

Donald Trump’s Mexico Tantrum
archive.is/Hrg2p

*le sigh*

Oh fuck. I seriously hope this is true, because if it is Mexico will have to pay for the wall otherwise they're gonna get crippled worse than Hotwheels.

Mexico is our shittiest ally.

I hate this stupid meme. He's taking money that would have already gone to Mexicans before it even reaches their pockets.
If you own a business and buy a sandwich for lunch, you don't say that your customers paid for that sandwich. You bloody well paid for it.
MEXICO IS PAYING FOR THE WALL

Let's see how many hidden costs I can come up with for the cheap $1 head of lettuce.

salmonella/designated shitting fields
tuberculosis
free medical care for paco, maria and the brood
free education for the beaner kids
narcotics trafficking
human trafficking
endemic drunk driving
rapists
public defenders
incarceration costs
mandatory bi-lingual communications in government
inflated housing/rental costs

These fucking roaches are cancer but hey, we want low cost products right?

My friends and i are opening up a hydroponics business growing lettuce, keafy greens and peppers. All organic, controlled clean environment, and local and we plan on selling to restaurants/groceries

I hope trump considers pot legalization to fuck over criminals and to let us add a crop to our product line

Or he does some other shenanigans and you get a fuckload of cheap grow equipment.

and I'll add we get the benefit of the roaches here working in the fields and also their shit covered veggies grown in Mexico. What a mess.

good luck

DANKe

Yeah id love cheaper equipment. Most of the shit you gotta build DIY, which isnt bad if you're not retarded and a bit creative because its marked up rerarded high for systems built by others.

What i would REALLY love is some cheap USA LED grow lights to really crank out fruits/more demanding veggies. Im really interested in aquaponics so instead of sourcing feetilizer we can have edible fish as fertilizer sources. Then again, Dow might pump out cheaper raw materials for fertilizer. Definitely optimistic about this venture in any case

#wtf I love Hillary now, bromenheimer

people who have been taught to wash their hands since childhood

Have any of these cuckle fucks drank a Mexican beer? They're fucking terrible. If I want a disappointing adjunct lager, I'll buy domestic. Only drink craft and European if you want good beer. or brew your own.

It's pure shit. A good example would be Corona, it tastes like generic american beer mixed half and half with water. The only reason adding limes to Coronas is so popular is because Corona has no fucking taste to it.

Your defeatism is not going to be listened to in the new America. They will continue to try, at increasing cost with skyrocketing failure rates, and even if they should manage to somehow get in by digging a tunnel all the way under America, into Canada, and then sneaking across the Canadian border - and sneaking past the Border Patrol there - they'll have nowhere to hide and ICE is going to be constantly looking for them. "DURR WE CAN'T DO ANYTHING GUIZE LETS JUST LET IN ALL THE MEXICANS BECAUSE IT'S POINTLESS TO TRY ANYTHING EVER."

You guys don't seem to understand - the old way of doing things is over.

Semi related:
Why is the Deportation Nation thread 404ing on me? Why is it stuck at 630 replies in the catalog?

Implying everything comes from Mehico.

is right.
Futurama is Reddit as fuck. Just look at its creators.
inb4 it's a Groening creation

What's with those eyebrows? Does he have a permanent surprised look on his face or are they just shaped that way?

MUH SPOON CANDY NO

I NEED IT TO SURVIVE

I've never seen this before and my closest WalMart has an entire half isle dedicated to beaner shit.

I work at a dollar store with a wide variety of spic food and I thought I seen it all.Never seen fucking candy on a spoon

You wouldn't find this in a Wal-Mart. They're pretty much only sold in Mexican supermarkets.

How much it was until now?

Quite possibly the laziest fucking candy I ever seen. The only way it could be lazier is if it came with someone to shovel the shit into your mouth while you lay in bed covered in Cheetos.

You do realize this is going to raise prices for US right? They aren't the ones paying the taxes, the end consumer is.

House won't go for it, Paul Ryan is anti-tax as a man can be.

lol

This is the guy that killed the Simpsons!

That fucking underbite jaw.

I don't think the author of that article understands how economics works. Raising the price on their goods by 20% for the consumers to cover the tariff THEY are to pay is not going to fly. The tariff is their 20% loss. They shouldn't keep 100% of profits on exports. Anyone that knows anything about the history of US economics, taxes, tariffs, and Civil War should understand this.

Only if it's my waifu being flirty with me.

It will raise prices on US goods coming from Mexico, which will make the goods less appealing to domestic goods. If the goods in question rise in price too much – like say, an automobile with an engine or other components that was produced in Mexico – then those products will not be purchased at all and the corporations who sell them will lose money, either by lost business or being forced to eat the margin instead of raising prices.

Pretty much.

If they just bump up the price of their products to the end consumer by 20% to compensate for the tariffs, nobody is going to buy those products. They will be even more fucked.

I would have gone for 35% if only to really piss on them, but this will do.
Even just 20% will fuck them hard when 90% of their revenue comes from america.

They're not gonna pay for the wall?
They already are.

also i made this armband design for the upcoming fun times, how does it look

2nd shittiest ally

Only if you use it to pay for their aids medication.

MHMMM!!

This man, does he think people are going to keep buying their stuff if they suddenly jack up the price of everything by 20%?
Their imported stuff has to compete with local goods, more specifically our prices.
If their stuff costs 20% more than our stuff, who is going to buy their stuff?
No one, because most people are just looking for the best price.

They either sell their shit at a 20% loss now compared to local goods, or they don't sell anything, and they HAVE to sell to the US because that's where all their money comes from.

They will pay for it, and they wont enjoy it.

There goes my mexican coca cola, how will i ever survive now?

Guess we have to cut the soda habit!

Shouldn't it be a 20% EXPORT tax? If the government imposes a tax, the company passes that cost increase to the consumer in the form of higher prices. We want the Mexicans to pay for it, so we need to make them pay us more for our goods.
The way this is set up is you pay more for an item from Mexico and some of that money goes to fund the wall. Are you people retards?

Just a lot of goods are "imported" from Mexico, doesn't mean it has a meaningful effect on people's day-to–day.

Learn 2 economical terminology.

Goods being imported to the US from Mexico are hit by this tax, thus it is an import tax.

The question is what are you guys export from mexicans that you can not make yourself?Probably nothing.
Only reason (((big corporations))) outsource to the is because (((they))) can make more profit.

Was the artist of that image informed that the USSR has not existed for over 25 years?

Red scare 2.0 user, Putin is obviously trying to rebuild the Soviet Union and plans to conquer Europe to spread patriarchy.

t. Trump in 2011 on China

Don;t forget bumping shitty Banda and Reggaeton music from their cars and at 3am in the morning on weekdays

That never ends very well in Mexico. You tend to get dead by chainsaw or raped to death for openly opposing corruption.

Don't drink anything but liquor.
I can bake cookies whenever I want something sweet. Need to research how to make various kinds of meat buns if I want to make savory shit.
I can barely keep my used car running. I am NOT the car-buying-market. I lost my last fuck carrying a battery across town at 2AM so I could start my car and get home.

Won't this just cause Mexico to stop exporting to USA? Anyone who knows economics who can explain what this will accomplish to me?

The point of the tax isn't to pay for the wall, the wall is fucking peanuts, we wipe our asses with that much money, it's to impose our will on the Mexican government, bend or break, you pick.

The 20% tax as some other anons have correctly stated, will make render their products utterly unable to compete with domestic products and shit from other countries that we also import. Which mean's it won't sell here, not that we will pay a bit more for shitty Mexican products.

It is a leverage move. We don't need to shake down Mexico for 14 billion when our economy is over 14 trillion, Trump will likely offer removing the tax for something else he wants at a later time.

They have no alternative.

The US is one of the largest if not the largest market in the world and its right next door. Their economy is very much dependent of the US, they dont have any other options.

That's a long winded way of saying "start a revolution". I can garuntee you that we will see the cartels destroyed within the next 8 years, and mexico will be made okay for the first time in it's existence.

So basically this is blackmail? Because if it isn't profitable to export to USA, they won't do it. The result will be the collapse of the Mexican economy? Either the spic president gives in or his country collapses?

It is still profitable to export to the US, only less than before. So they will export, only a part of their profits will go to building the wall

Everything in politics is some form of blackmail, Trump is simply the best at leveraging everything he has.

no. blackmail is totally different faggot.
NO NATION IS ENTITLED TO TRADE.
Get your globalist bullshit out of here. America has no need for anyone's goods.
They need us.

The idea is that either this scares the Mexican administration into fully cooperating with the US to cull down the border-crossing or it fucks their country beyond recognition and they go full 1900's China and split into warlord controlled zones.

until you've impregnated her, you need to set your sights on multiple targets

Never shit where you eat. If you value your livelihood more than a warm, moist vagina, you're making a mistake.

Poor Jeb!

Is this the lowest the Peso has ever been?

JUST FUCK MY SHIT UP - yeb

Also to answer your question, I think it is.

Mexico's providing a bit more then that, dude.
Especially for the southern states.
And while most of it can be porduced within the US the while infrastructure for it is missing, since it was always cheaper to simply import it then to produce it yourself.
Might take a while until everything is in order to cut off the import of Mexican goods, until then it remains to be seen if they try to push it onto the consumer or not.

The word you're looking for is "leverage."

Trump wants a check to build the wall so he can keep his campaign promise. This will hurt illegal immigration and the money being sent into Mexico, but we don't care about that. What we care about is stopping illegal immigration, and to a much lesser extent Trump keeping his campaign promise.

If the Mexican president doesn't write the check, hurting his people and their illegal actions, then Trump will corral the government into levying a 20% tax on everything coming from Mexico and into the United States. There is no prediction of when the tax will be removed, or whether it ever will be. All of the companies and corporations that have sent factories into Mexico to take advantage of the cheaper labor will find themselves paying extra in order to get their goods car parts, foodstuffs, batteries, medicines, sodas, etc are suddenly more expensive to ship to America, where the greatest market in the region actually is.

Business will continue as normal, and no increase in price will result. At least, they shouldn't, or the companies that have shipped all their labor demands to Mexico will find themselves unable to sell to the American people.

Trump knows business. If something like this happened to him, he'd be on the phone, talking to whoever he could to get this dealt with. Several manufacturer industrial giants could make this go away with a relatively negligible percentage of their collective profits, writing a check to the Mexican president in order to protect future profits.

They might decide against such an action, thinking that they could pretend to fail and get out of trouble with government intervention, see: the housing bubble bursting, resulting in the bank bailouts under Obama's administration but this is 2017.

There are no guarantees that Großbruder Trump would do anything of the sort.

Here's a much better graph going back over 20 years fred.stlouisfed.org/series/DEXMXUS

He said that's up to the states.

Underrated post

Any recent news? Is Mexico on fire yet?

Thats a problem for Mexico, not America. If anything, that is an opportunity for America to make Mexico pay more peso - for less goods. You dont get the same amount of stuff from the US in return for less valuable pesos or Mexican goods etc… Mexico should count themselves lucky that the US is interested in taking their currency at all, they could force them to trade in US dollars if they dont already, or some third party currency like Francs. If the Mexican government isnt hedging its bets by converting its own strategic savings into foreign currencies anyways, then fuckem. I bet in 8 years, pesos are worthless and they adopt the US dollar.

Also, Lindsay Grahams constituents need to contact him and pressure him to stop being a traitorous fuck. Hes saying its a bad thing if Americans are encouraged to drink American beer, and that its bad if it costs more for foreign beer, which dont pay American workers. Hes supporting businesses who leave the country and try to sell back to it, instead of the American businesses he should be concerned about. He should be saying "I hope he doubles the tax and Corona builds a factory for MY constituents" not "boo, this hurts the Mexican economy"

The US has some of the best IT/engineering people around, and a huge amount of unused labor. Also money is still basically free to borrow.

Surely some entrepreneurial Silicon Valley types can figure out how to automate large parts of the manufacturing process in order to produce goods cheaply while still employing local workers? Or are they all too busy working on the next useless app?

We don't need tequila and burritos as much as they need fuel, water, tires, and computers.
The price of tequila goes up, and the wall gets 10 feet higher. Small price to pay.

Anybody having trouble debating some cuck read this fine mans post. 20% tax does not mean they can just lump 20% to the cost. The only industry that has ever been able to do that is the cigarette company for obvious reasons. At BEST it will be 5% in cost, but el spico businessman is going to eat 15% from his supposed profits.

I feel sorry for you Burgers

Ha, they are buckling more and more.

AND MEXICO WILL PAY FOR THE WALL
THEY DON'T KNOW IT YET
BUT MEXICO WILL PAY FOR THE WALL
he's done it!

Are you one of my friends, because hes come up with the very same idea except he wants to grow berries of all sorts

I bounced it off my wife. She says a girl WILL make time if she likes you. Move on! Or, tell her you want to do something fun with her, if she is still "Busy" then then forget her. 2-3 times and you are bordering "harassment." Sorry.

since beaners are declared white in US crime statistics, everything should be fine.

Fuck FOX! and Lindsey, McConnell and Ryan! Cuckservative corporate whores selling us out.

Go out with other girls. Take pictures and post so she can see them. She is friendzoning you, use abundance mentality and preselection so envy will completely overwhelm her.

And they will be received with a giant wall. With nowhere left to run they the people will be forced into a revolution;

wat

BUY AMERICAN

enjoy your diarrhea, hepatitis, and aids.

but now cheap shit from Mexico are going to cost a little bit more. How are section 8 niggers going to afford things?

I know that, Im saying an import tax is paid by the purchaser (Americans), which means we're the ones paying for the wall. I'm advocating an export tax, so any time Mexicans buy American goods, they have to pay a little more and that extra goes towards the wall.

An import tax means Americans pay more for good from Mexico.

More over, economics should be bound by nationalism. If you are buying Mexican products because they are "cheaper" then you deserve to pay a higher tax for be a cuck and a traitor to your own people. And if you don't consider Americans to be your own people then get the fuck out of America.

sorry user but it has nothing to do with her being busy, she's rejecting you

I read that with a Trump voice in my head, but about half way though it turned into a Joe Pesci voice and ended up been even better.

They cannot just raise 20% the price for Mexican beer to pass the tax to the American consumer. Mexican beer competes with American beer, and for that matter with all other imported beers.

They have to keep their current prices, which are as high as the law of supply and demand allows, and eat the 20% lower profit margin.

China has been doing that its entire history. It's one thing that kikes will never want to teach in history is that eventually the people have enough of their shit and rebel. I mean fuck, there's even been a video game series shilled by the japanese about the same period.

…from Americans in the form of a sales tax. Hence, the American consumer is paying the tax that will be used for the wall.
Here's what you're advocating: Mexican Jose sells an item to American John for $5. The US government charges American John $1 import tax and puts that dollar in the wall fund.
The only way this costs Jose is in decreased business. But that doesn't have anything to do with Mexicans giving money to the US government.

In fact, Trump should be doing the exact opposite. Charge an export tax. Any Mexican buying American goods has to kick the US government 20% in tax to go to the wall.

And turning on themselves
archive.is/3yYdI

Basically what this amounts to is
The MSM is eating itself now.

I know America gets shit on for its beer, but times have changed since the best thing we had to drink was michelob. We make some of the best beer in the world these days. Why would we ever need to import that shit? All we need to do is lift distribution regulations that are keeping the small breweries from expanding and America could be as well known for its beer as Germany or Belgium.

Isn't this just going to increase the price of goods imported from Mexico, making the Americans that actually want to buy beaner filth pay for it?

The only concern i have is fruit but that could be produced cheaper elsewhere, it just won't be as fresh

Yes. It's a tax on Americans who want to buy Mexican products. If he wanted to make Mexico pay for the wall, he'd impose an export tax, and make beaners pay more for our higher quality goods and use the extra money to pay for the wall.

have fun burgers

Nigger beer has been around before a single foreskin had been cut in this world.

Idiotic, because you can export the American product to Guatemala then import it into Mexico tax-free.

Some FYI for the group:
https:// ustr.gov/countries-regions/americas/mexico

U.S. goods and services trade with Mexico totaled an estimated $583.6 billion in 2015. Exports were $267.2 billion; imports were $316.4 billion. The U.S. goods and services trade deficit with Mexico was -$49.2 billion in 2015.

Nonclapper so absolve be of my ignorance if I'm incorrect, but is there anything Mexico can offer of such critical value that the US can't replace on its own? If so, as an user previously stated, the import tax would only lead to Mexican goods becoming more expensive seeing as they'd increase prices to cover the sudden expenses.

Assuming that Mexico has nothing critical to offer, this means that Americans will look for other, hopefully local, markets to get goods from that'd end up being cheaper, resulting in Mexico losing sales. Due to that, the -$49.2 billion difference would even out and maybe even reach a positive, thus the US benefitting more and being able to fund the wall with the resulting benefits. This means that the purpose of the import tax is not to benefit out of it per se, but to lower Mexico's profits till the US is the one with a net gain in the whole picture.

Am I mistaken in anything I've said?

Stupid question maybe but why doesn't Mexico go tit for tat and "retaliate" with an import tax on American goods?

That's still a better scenario. In that case, Mexicans would either have to pay the US a wall tax or spend extra money shipping goods back and forth across multiple borders to avoid the tax. It's lose-lose for the Mexicans.

How?

Dog shit labor costs. People will work for a few dollars a day in Mexico. The only way we can compete with that is robotic automation (which is where many manufacturing jobs have gone).

This assumes that everyone who doesn't buy Mexican goods is buying American goods. There's still nothing to stop someone from moving their factory to Pakistan or Mylasia and exploiting their low labor costs instead.

Why should we expect the dog shit Mexican economy to spend as much on US goods as we spend on their goods? We make expensive, higher quality goods. They make cheaper, lower quality goods. They're broke. We're rich. Why should we expect an "even" amount of import/export trade?

Then wouldn't the import tax even it out in the first place?

People are free to buy Mexican goods at a higher cost, or seek cheaper alternatives. Unless there's a quality that cheaper American goods can't compete with, American markets will benefit out of it due to people switching providers.

Keyword, "still". Trump has been campaigning a fuckton about corporations moving out, and he's not even a year through his term.

I can see it now

America becomes much greater

It's not owed money, it's just possible loss. Mexico wins big, US wins only little. But the companies still get massive profits either way, it's really the tax payer who loses.

Mexico exports more to the US than then import.

Even if they do, which is actually very likely. They still have a net loss.

It depends on the industry and the economics. It's not a blanket "20% will cover the difference" type of thing. In some cases it might, in others it might not.

This is really about punishing Mexico, not helping Americans. Instead of buying the gears for my toys in Mexico, I'll buy them from Taiwan or Vietnam or Mylasia etc. My costs don't really change, just my supplier. There's no net benefit to me or the consumer, just a net loss to Mexican businesses. You don't even have to move the business or factory somewhere, many companies simply buy components from companies from other countries. You can impose an import tax on all goods, but ultimately what you're doing is forcing all items to cost as much as American companies would charge to produce them. That would not only severely increase the cost of living, it would trigger trade wars that would hamper exports and hurt the US economy further. This whole tariff business with Mexico reeks of being "paved with good intentions".

Grow in soil man. The overhead is way too high with hydro and the product is no better (maybe faster). Ive farmed for 3 years now and I can tell you it will be a horrible mistake to try and do a hydro setup. I know guys who spent 7k on lights and hydro gear only to not make shit back and give up on it.
Where as with growing outside in soil your inputs are only the seeds, earthworm castings/ compost, and time. Just be sure to plant the right crops at the right time. Start tomatoes and peppers in red solo cups until they are 3 inches tall then stick them in the ground. Start them 4 weeks before the last frost, not 8-10 weeks!! If you start them 8+ weeks before the last frost their growth will slow before you even plant them. You would rather have slightly smaller plants that are rapidly growing than some tomatoes that have been nearly idly sitting by for 2 months under an led waiting for the sun.

Leafy greens are high profit and easy/ fast to grow. Bok choy, baby lettuce, baby kale, and arugula seeds are dirt cheep but just sayn I would rather have a walk in cooler and processing area than a fancy hydro setup in a greenhouse.

I'm relying on the idea that the 20% was picked for a purpose, be it covering something or picking a lower number before increasing it rather than going for the higher number at the start, instead of it being purely random.

This assumes that nothing will be done about them later on. It's barely been a week since his inauguration.

If taken at face value.

The US is punishing Mexico to pay for the wall. It is not punishing other countries.

Things will be produced in America or imported from countries other than Mexico.

I agree, the US is punishing Mexican businesses which has the secondary effect of hurting the Mexican government.
But Mexican businesses losing money and the Mexican government losing tax revenue does not make the US government any richer. It's moronic to say that Mexico is paying for the wall. They're being punished for making us pay for it.

I'm really starting to doubt your intentions here, user.

No, the tax cannot be transferred to the American taxpayer. See here:

Mexico isn't buying our goods you half-wit, jesus christ we were talking about this for a year and a half, are you baiting or stupid?

Nobody, unless they are as stupid as you, will buy a shitty mexijose beer or taco or whatever when it is more expensive than the American version that is better quality. Ergo, the mexicans will have to cut their losses if they want to compete. Ergo, they will pay.

Trump puts a 20% tax on Mexican imports yet Mexican beer price stays the same? So let's say a bottle of Corona costs 2 $ without the tax, with the tax it's 2.40 $ since 20% of 2 is 0.4. So in order to stay competitive with other beer brands, Corona will cut the price so that the price WITH tax stays the same and stays competitive with other beer brands?

Is that what you're saying?

Correct, otherwise they will lose sales to competing brands.

only if it's for welfare.

I had a corona beer at a restaurant last week, it was fucking $7.50 CAD

I know restaurants gouge for alcohol but holy fuck that's a lot

Make sure you take note of the amount sold and the total revenue and profit of the company.

ustr.gov/countries-regions/americas/mexico

Although all the shit we import is just from American companies who moved to Mexico so they didn't have to pay white people a liveable wage.

Holla Forums doesn't mind tbh.. which is odd.

We want this.
Libertarianism is the true left.
I want 6 slaves on my cotton fields :^)

Well I guess the mexican government better crack down on cartels and immigration then.

He warned them they would pay :^)

Man Calderon's war on drugs really fucked them. Or was that just the big economic crash of 2008?

They're owned by Anheuser Busch. They'll just move the whole operation here like they do with their 'japanese' Kirin Ichiban.

Trump always comes out high so they can negotiate it down later. This also will make the Mexican president beg him not to do it, which will show that Trump is in charge. When Trump breaks Mexico and makes them pay for the wall it will send a message to the entire world that Trump is in charge and there's nothing they can do about it.

You will see mexican products being sent to canada and the carribean nations for finishing. Then they will have a made in whatthefuckever label slapped on it and be brought here. They will also ship to those nations and let the goods sit in a warehouse until they get marked obsolete or some shit and then moved out after being "refurbished" locally.
The kikes will do there best to figure out a way to bypass the tariff. If there is shekels to be made they will try it.

Trump wants to impose an import tax of 20% on every country.
He even has to unless he plans to drop out of the WTO, which in turn might try to sanction the US.
Yes, they can and have threatened to do so in the past, and every fucking time the US bowed before then, since a trade war isn't benefical for anybody.
Especially not the US who outscored so much shit in the past 50 years that it'll rake a good long while to rebuild everything and start producing everything within the country.

Congratulations, you just dived head first into creepy dude status. You would showcase your complete social ineptitude with women and now spread that perception to every female around her reinforcing that rejection in her own mind. Charming and non threatening at this point is keeping things open and utterly non committal and never asking her to go out directly again. Your ONLY hope at this point is if she starts to come along with others in group functions with you after work to see what your social standing is. You from what you have said area already either uninteresting, inept, unappealing to her, or inferior socially. First time she can be unavailable, second time she either will explain a way to make it work, or you are not going to happen at this time. From there on, SHE has to make the opening and women rarely do that.

Forget her, be friendly and joke around but from here on out consider her nothing but a dude. Instead make yourself better, and please fucking learn how to take a hint. And remember women do not think like men at all, so never put the pussy on a pedestal. We all start somewhere, so don't take her rejection personal either.

Actually it wouldn't most food is produced here, all our oil is now produced here, the US has 2.7 times the total industrial product of China but due to automation and producing components rather than finished produces(and the chinks double counting their exports and imports toward GDP) it appears we have less industry. Right now there is huge waste from the Chinks being unable to meet specs for goods. Slap a 100% tariff on all imports like we hand until 1943. The US was built by tariffs, for 100 years it was our only source of federal income.

Merchantilism has worked every single time that whites have tried it, EVERY SINGLE TIME. Free trade has never worked. We don't need the world, the world needs us. I don't care if Iphones quintuple in price they are cancer anyway. Food will not increase and price and wages(ie what working whites own will increase as demand for labor increases). Deporting 40-60 million shitskins will also help.

The only difference between creepy and romantic is how attractive she finds you. This should go without saying, but don't try to be creepy/romantic in front of her friends/others, if she believes the others don't find you attractive what could have been considered romantic will turn to creepy.

Trumps plan is not bad, but next to impossible to enforce at the moment.
He should focus on building up the infrastructure in the US first, and then start to tax the shit out of imports in order to firce production within the US.
And shit like this doesn't simply happen over night.
It'll take a couple years at the least.
But if he's forcing a tax like that right now, it'll most likley gets passed onto the consuimer, since there isn't really another alternative.
Ford for example won't simply abandon their manufacturers in Mexico, if the alterantive is something equally more expensive overseas and they can't prouce what they need in the US.
Shit like that worked in the 50s if you look at Sony and their import problem in France for example.

It's cheaper to get jose to piss in your mouth, tbh.

He's letting everyone now there will be consequences right now. There's no point in pleading with U.S. manufacturers to change their ways if there is no potential for pain.

*everyone know

This. It's fucking horseshit but that's how it is. Just gotta flip the coin and hope it lands in your favor.

Eh it's the same for men, if Rosie O'Donnell started grinding up on you, you wouldn't consider it sexy.

That's a good point, but at least looks can be SOMEWHAT fixed. Personality is set for fucking life though.