Ant-Man

Just finished the movie and I'm surprised with how much I liked it considering how much I hate most of the Marvel Movies, now I'm wanting to give some of the comics a try but I'm wondering: what are the good Ant-Man comics?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3FOzD4Sfgag
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I liked that first crossover with the Fantastic Four, by Lee and Kirby. You know, the one where they're all shrunk into the microverse by Dr. Doom?

Edgar Wright - How to Do Visual Comedy
youtube.com/watch?v=3FOzD4Sfgag

?

All of the "poorly-received" Marvel films are the good ones. They're the ones that actually try something new and different and it pays off, but the generic audience doesn't want different, they want the same.

Thor: The Dark World, The Incredible Hulk and Ant-Man weren't that well loved, but they had lots of great scenes, good acting and a bunch of comedy that wasn't just screeching quips during fights.

If you want Scott Lang, Marvel put out a trade collecting his comic appearences called Ant-Man: Scott Lang before the movie came out. There's also The Irredeemable Ant-Man featuring an entirely different Ant-Man (Eric O'Grady) written by Robert Kirkman back when he was a rising star. There was some buzz for Nick Spencer's Ant-Man stuff (featuring Lang) before and after Secret Wars but I don't see it talked about as often as Superior Foes.

How is Thor the Dark World good? The villain is the dullest Marvel villain yet and they have to find the macguffin as usual and it doesn't use the setting of Asgard that well.

I liked the first Thor because it looked like a stage play. I also liked the second because of the beautiful as fuck sets on Asgard. Half the time, I was just looking at the patterns on the floor or walls. Rest of the non-cosmic marvel films look so mundane.

A beautiful bore fest.

user tries to point out how the best part of the movie must be from Edgar Wright…

I kinda agree with him…

I could see that, though it isn't known how much of his script was used but considering the physical comedy would wager quite a bit.
it was also the first movie that felt like a super hero movie since the original Spider-man.

What's also sad is you can just sort of tell this was a one off thing. That the next one is no doubt going to fall into current marvel movie syndrome.

Was this series any good? I remember some anons talking about it back in the day before I cared and saying it was a fun read.

It was okay. Nick Spencer himself is just a douchey con man that likes to rile people up for attention. Sorta stopped reading it because of that.

ANT-MAN

ahahaaaaaaa~~

FIGHTER OF THE FLY-MAN

I liked Irredeemable Ant-Man

It's weird to think something like this could even come out of Marvel at one point. I mean, it has some semblance of humor and fun. You sure don't see that anywhere in the big two any more.

For newer faggots like you of course, but for the people whose been following the 2 knows this shit comes in cycles.

There is not enough good Ant-Man art in the world.

We're never going to get Scientist Supreme Hank Pym in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, are we?

Maybe a prequel movie

OK

Decent but it had its moments.

Pena and the other ban of thieves were the weakest point.

That reminds me of sentai for some reason.

That bugged me so much too.

The movie was nothing but a shitty comedy trying to be an action movie. Hated every character except hank pym.

His daughter was a decent character.

makes me wonder if they'll do young avengers later on.

I really hope they don't.

Ant-Man's one of my favorite Marvel characters. I personally enjoyed the movie, but a few things still didn't sit well with me.

I just assumed the guy never told anyone about it because it was so useful at making problematic people just disappear.
I didn't mind the tie-in scene. I thought it was fun and enjoyable, but the problem was that it was a dumb pointless action scene that came out of nowhere and added nothing to the movie itself.
I can't really disagree on that point, but I actually really enjoyed the villain. Nowadays we rarely get the cheesy psychotic villain because everyone thinks they have to have some dude with a gray morality with a point to make a good villain. I liked "he's evil and crazy" for a change.

Entertainment of course.

Nick Spencer has his moments, just don't buy it

More boring if anything else.

Ok for a straight to DVD; would suck if I paid a movie ticket for it.
Forever 'tainted' by kicking off Edgar Wright.

tl;dr ~ average mcu movie

Also Hope Pym is a hottie. I was jelly when Scott kissed her

Then again, you are never shown her face. Maybe she has a black eye under the mask. Also she's Sharon Stone. Haha.

I'd really appreciate them adding the "wife beater" aspect to Hank. Pym, even though the whole thing is an accident by a retarded artist. A lot of the depictions of Hank depict him as a wife beater, but usually not as an awful person, just a good guy with a shitty aspect to him. I really would have liked to see the MCU have a more shitty hero with flaws. They've missed the mark hard with Stark's alcoholism, and would have liked some more character added to the MCU in general.

I would like to see them explore Carol Danver's flaws but they probably won't.

Not even trying calling her a Mary Sue or anything, but does Danvers even have any flaws? She only ever seemed like a standard 1950s superhero to me. Perfectely heroic to the point of having not only no flaws but no character as well.

She had a drinking problem and did want to be a bigger hero and recognized this after Xmen Vs Avengers.

What did she do that made this a problem?

Who?

Well she was a bit of a fuck up and got kicked out of the Avengers due to her alcoholism. She wants to make up and do the right thing. In some storyline Scarlet Witch goes nuts and creates an alternate universe where she rules and Carol is a well respected popular hero. Because of this she realizes she wants to do better as a hero.

Her
pic related.

Thanks

I felt the same about the villain. He just felt like a legitimate comic book bad guy.

I honestly wish more comic movies were this over the top and cheesy, but cool and action packed when they needed to be.