Toonami

Does anyone here still watch this shit anymore?

Stopped once Samurai Jack finished. Started again once Stardust Crusaders began airing.
Demarco is a fat faggot. The new season of FLCL is shit.

If you're watching the Dub of SC then you're no Einstein yourself.

How are the ratings?

I already read the Manga and watched it subbed.
Just started watching to see how the dub is.

Everything went to shit, so no.

Probably because it tries being generic anime shit. Albeit the original was generic, but it's puberty undertones made it great. I watched it at the start of puberty and oh god did I ever correlate with it, it made me feel like the main character more than anything else did. I have never re watched the series because it's the type of series to watch only when you have a certain mind set.
If they're trying to appeal to the original viewers who are now grown up, they should explore Naota's adulthood as a parent or during the college years right after puberty, because it's a show that's supposed to capture those relocatable emotions, teen shit appeal just doesn't work after that.

shit

JUST like the rest of CN then.
Fitting.
Also inb4 shitflinging about anime

But it isn't even out yet until 2018. Unless you mean that preview we were shown.

I miss Deadman Wonderland threads. The initial reactions were so spontaneous and filled with hope that I can't help feeling nostalgic for it.

It sucks that everyone has watched every new Toonami edition in full so they have to pretend to be shocked when Kirito or whoever acts like a retard. Nobody knew who the fuck Ganta was so they could spurn their reactions genuinely when he started being badass.

The trailer shows enough to tell that it'll be complete and utter shit. A bastardization of the first series.

Just watched it… it really does look generic and like they missed the point completely. Also, you can tell the animation just isn't on par.

Yep.
The sad part is that the original crew will be responsible for the death of it's own series.

My greatest fear is that not only will it be shit, (it'll inevitably be shit, looking back nostalgia is the soul reason I enjoyed the series) but it will shill diversity with it. I fear they're gonna force tranny's, gays or other shit like that in the new FLCL series.
God help us all.

oh god the original crew is responsible for it?
So they did this on their own or did Adult Swim order them to do it?

Here we go again. Dubs have really come forward by a country mile since the 90s, m80.

Several millions, man. Don't kid yourself.

At least it has Lupin III.

Should I post that Dragon Maid dub where they actually say patriarchy?

DON'T DO IT

Have you actually heard the Jojo dub though? It's worse than the OVA dub. And that sounds like they recorded it in a day at a hotel room.

Both.
Adult Swim slammed a case of cash on the table and said "Make FLCL season 2 and we'll give you twenty bucks you pathetic fucking gooks."
And the original creators were probably so desperate to make money they ended up complying even though they didn't need to continue the series.
Once they die expect Season 4 and beyond, each time condensing the original Series more and more with more diversity and more poor writing, bravo Adult Swim truly you are Rickitiest Rick xp.

it more the same were some are good, some bad, and most are mediocre. the only difference it that we deal with much odder alterations with dialog then before, the censorship has decreased, but i only believe that because it is not aired on TV anymore. however we do sometimes get great dubs the happen more often nowadays like mob psycho 100 having a great dub that will never air for some reason. dubs have changed but its more of a trade off then an improvement.

With some exceptions, we haven't seen the horrible glories of Macek again, or anything like 4Kids' One Piece.

I have. With the exception of poor Stroheim, it's alright, and has its own moments of fine delivery.

Tsumuraki is just a supervisor instead of director. Other than him, Sadamoto and The Pillows, no one who mattered in original is involved FLCL2 and 3.

I don't want to be the user that posts the Dragon's Maid webm or the School Prison gamergate reference and get my ass banned.

Burn in fucking hell.

You need help.

Im pretty sure they go in order.

looks, fine.
if it's held to the standard of the original it won't be as good but as and I'm counting them together a stand alone piece they might be ok.
corporate is just a bunch of richfags, they would never understand the difference of the pieces and thats why they should be judged as themselves and not against the original.

maybe one piece did but the rest of the series I saw started from their respective first episodes, heck even jojo started from season one episode 1.

As much as I hate to agree with the summeranon, he's right. The only sin possible is being either mediocre or boring.

Yea

Can you read?

Your fault for starting this far in, bub.

And you need glasses.

What's the point?
They no longer air most of the old shows, the current block is not that great, it's censored, the openings/endings are cut and most of these dubs are pretty bad.

Well what did you expect, user? Just watch anime online with subs like a sane person.

This!

Basically this.

Learn the language?

Might as well. After all, a dub actually frees up your eyes to focus on a point of an anime, the visual action.

Watch the new shows too?

Unless it gets canceled or left unfinished.

Yeah, no thanks.

You've never fucking watched Jojo. 99% of the visual action is shown between dialogue. You're not missing a damn thing by looking at some goddamn subtitles or reading the source material where everything is right in front of you.

It would probably fit in better too.

It would probably make more sense too.

All four Parts released so far, plus read into Parts 5 and 6. Bite me, faggot, I like my Jojo better with sound, movement, and rapidly shifting color.

Then stay the fuck away from dubs if you care at all about quality or Jojo in general. You're only doing yourself a needless disservice going that route.

9/10 obvious bait but still triggered me

I personally do a case-by-case kind of thing. Sometimes I use subs (Detective Conan, JoJo, Astro Boy, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Digimon) and other times I use dubs (Dragon Ball, JoJo, My Hero Academia, Pokémon, Kirby, Ultimate Muscle). There's no reason to stick to one format.

The reason is to actually get the real story and get voices that are more appropriate for the characters.

JoJo was so good, I honestly couldn't wait for Funimation to catch up.

Both those things are in the dubs I mentioned and others, like Code Geass, One Piece, and Fullmetal Alchemist.

Deadman Wonderland was a wild ride.

They had to redub the rest of the series after this episode aired.

I thought it was cool that they brought it back at first, but as time went on I just didn't watch it. Mainly because I can get the same shit earlier easily and be able to watch it on my own time rather than late at night. Maybe if they had more original programming like the Samurai Jack revival or Space Dandy then I'd be willing to tune in. As it stands though
there just isn't enough stuff to keep me watching.

It looks okay I guess, to early to make any judgments. I am a little upset about the art style. I prefer older anime aesthetics to the more softer stuff you see common nowadays.

>>>/a/

Why does literally anyone watch dubs? They use the same 4 voices for literally everyone. Every time I hear every single one of these fucking "Voice actors" I just think of every other character they've done without changing their voice in the slightest.

Its you again.

Who was best girl?

Because Americans and Brits don't like to read. In other countries, foreign films are often shown with subtitles, especially ones with good sound and score that could be altered in the dubbing process. Nobody minds that, but in the English speaking world, subtitles are enough to make most people avoid a film or show that has them. Stereotypes didn't come from nowhere.