Garth ennis to write a castlevania prequel

How bad of a writer is Garth ennis when even rick and Morty fans caling his anti-Christian themes are unsubtle?

What's dumber. Dracula is a demon. The priests were not wrong in burning her. Until the god of war reboot. Dracula was pretty much the anti-Christ figure of the castlevania universe.

We already have a Castlevania thread.

This was discussed long enough.
I wouldn't say the problem wasn't the subtlety, I'd say the problem is how long it lasted. The whole story of CV3 could have been done in those 4 episodes with room to spare and instead you spend a third of an episode just talking and doing nothing.

>>>/christ/
She wasn't a Devil herself. I give you that making Dracula sympathetic was out of nowhere, but his writing was never steady. Sometimes he was a sick, sometimes he was dandy, sometimes he was really angry, and sometimes he was fucking religious himself

It's already been discussed on here and agreed there's no actual anti-christian themes. Just anti corruption, evil, hypocrisy, etc. For fuck's sake, there's even an actual priest that helps save the day. Quit being a faggot that just parrots whatever some shitty youtuber says. At least fucking have a real idea of what you're talking about before making ridiculous claims.

Write some more Punisher, fagballs

shut up weeb

kek

This is a weeb board.

It's not true just because you want it to be

No we came to the agreement that the writer is a hack and is reusing the same 'church is evil shit' like in his other works, ignoring game cannon. The series is not bad but it really isnt great either.

Hey Holla Forums

Nice argument.

No

He's a shitposter, ignore and report for baiting.

Yes

You're talking about the same game that has like three lines of plot?

What fucking thread you went to?

The franchise as a whole have a larger plot. But it often contradicts itself. Not being faithful to the plot is not the best argument for castlevania, specially the early ones. But then again
NO GRANT

How about the fact it completely goes against the tone of Castlevania. Castlevania is a campy tribute to classic monster movies. How you take from that bar fights, gratuitous violence, foul language, heavy handed criticism of the church, and hardly any fucking monsters, I'm not sure. I think the Van Helsing movie with Hugh Jackman was actually a more tonally appropriate Castlevania adaptation.
Look at the ending of the first game. How they go as far as to have a fake movie credits sequence crediting "Christopher Bee" and "Boris Karloffice". That's Castlevania. Not Trevor Belmont drinking in a bar, listening to some cockney peasents talk about having sex with sheep.

> >>>/christ/
She fucked a demon lord, if that doesn't make her a witch, then nothing does. But no, the real reason they burned her was because she had a chemistry lab in her basement. Let's recap
< Church hates science
< Dracula is a mighty vampire demon lord, but instead of magic he uses science
< Fucking a demon lord does not make you a witch
< Witch burnings in the middle ages
< The Roman Catholic Church in Wallachia of all places
I'm not even upset, I'm just disappointed. Would it have been too much to expect from the writers to at least read some Wikipedia pages before they start writing?

I geniuenly think Simon's Quest would have been a much better story to tackle than Dracula's curse. I mean I get that you have to have side characters and whatnot but Simon's Quest has more of a focus on exploration, meeting and speaking with townspeople, is a solo act starring Simon and his ghost waifu and you can even have the mistranslations of that game be a tongue in cheek way of showing how the peasants dislike the belmonts.
I liked the four episodes but for the wrong reasons. I liked them solely for the animation of the action scenes and the gore. I disliked the story, I disliked the voice acting(especially Richard Armitage who can't stop his incoherent mumbling), I disliked the pacing, I disliked the characters(especially Sypha who, while is a qt, is also another fucking "sassy chick who need no man", while in the game she had dressed up as a man to avoid trouble and because people were wary of witches post Lisa's burning, and Trevor who's this generic snarky carefree drunkard who has a witty one liner for everything). I hate the retcon of "the eastern orthodox church got fucked, Trevor belmont please save my shit" t. the pope storyline from the game in favor of Trevor deciding to save the world because ???. Most of all I despise the music with every fibre of my being. I hate, HATE Lords of Shadow for completely changing the style of music Castlevania is known for in favor of shitty "epic" orchestra. And I will for the love of me not figure out why they had thrown in a couple of synths in the ost as well.
Was embed related too hard to remix?
Most importantly where the fuck is Grant

Hey Holla Forums

maybe

Fund it>>896356
This.

I mean it's not like Pope Francis was a chemist before he became a pope or Roberto Busa helped changed computer-user interface. Nope, no siree.

Yes, that single thing makes the difference plotwise.

Can't argue with that.
Basically, and with what I agree with you, is that the game was marketed towards edgy teens instead of actual Castlevania fans. I do agree with you that all that was really fucking innecesary, which is why I insist the whole thing could have been wrapped in those 4 episodes instead of the "Intro" we got.

It doesn't, otherwise she wouldn't have died in the fire, idiot, that's the whole point of witch trials, if the witch survives she is a witch, she obviously fucking wasn't.
In the games lore Dracula always had a thing for science, there's always a lab of some kind in his Castle.
>>>/christ/

That's modern church, fag. Before that the church wasn't half as tolerant as it is now.

Also pic related

I didn't, but that have nothing to do with Dracula liking science.
I like the scientist version better. Not to mention that the Netflix serie Dracula seems to be a lot different from the Mathias Cronqvist origin. Not to mention that the Mathias Cronqvist origin is utter shit and came a lot after CV3.
They didn't know what the fuck they were doing and they didn't link it to science. It was snake oil at the time.
I'm not saying the church was this ultimate evil everyone hates, but it was far from being the fairest institution and, by the time, middle east had far more and better knowledge than the catholic church ever would. The church simply killed anyone who they didn't like or deemed dangerous for society, including scientists that would change their otherwise perfect vision of the world to keep people in control.
>>>/christ/
Go and stay go.

Also
Anyone can ponder about how things works without hard facts. Specially when they exist.

But the church is anti-science family guy told me so!

Not defending the Crusades but didn't it lead to the Renaissance which thus lead to the Enlightenment era? The Catholic Church wasn't the main cause of the Dark Ages. It was just simply the fall of the main source of information by the Roman Empire due to infighting and invading barbarians. Also where did the mary sue scientist get the knowledge when Rome was dead? From the Ottoman Empire?

It was fucking stupid to put Garth anywhere near this adaptation.
What the fuck is it with video game adaptations and writers not going anywhere near the messages of the source material?
Most video game plots are very fucking simple. Good guy goes on an adventure to stop bad guy. That shit's capeshit-tier easy to translate to film.