Stop-motion

Stop-motion is my favorite form of animations, I always loved it since I'm really little. I don't know exactly why, but there's something in stop motion that can't be achieved by the other animation styles.

I'm thirst for some stop-motion, so can you anons post the ones you like the most? Doesn't matter the format.

Kubo was good

Seems like a good opportunity to post Lee Hardcastle's banned Pingu vs The Thing.

It was either this or something like (W)Holesome Productions, Life With Loopy or Phantom Investigators admittedly outside of the main characters of those shows being stop motion with 2D heads they do use mixed media (puppets or live action) for other (mostly non human) characters.

Loved this shit as a kid, hell I even went to the cinema with my brother to watch that movie when he turns into a wererabbit. Also watched the corpse bride, they were out at the same time.
Its kind of funny how different the priests were in each movie.
He will never get laid isnt? Wizard for life I guess.
Last movie I watched was trollbox something, very explosive ending, good stuff.

Not posting Cheburashka, because it's /a/ now.

Stop motion is gross
and gay
what the hell is wrong with you?

Hey Holla Forums

Anything made by Lakia is good.

?? Am I missing something?

Kubo pisses me off because it had the potential to be timeless. But its writing was so mediocre. It wouldn't have even be that hard to fix…

Probably not, could be a shitposter trying to cause something.

Google "Cheburashka Arere".

I love this guy's work. Shilling because I don't think he gets enough attention.

My favourite.

And then there's this masterpiece. Sequel soon, apparently.

they literally show her hitting her head on a rock in the opening scene

that movie had such a huge plothole in it that I now cant watch it without getting annoyed. they made the mistake of establishing that the land of the dead is a physical place that you actually are transported after you die, a opposed to just some immaterial afterlife. you can tell this because when they travel back and forth, they are not just dying/resurrecting, they are being teleported to arbitrary places. the problem is, this implies that people's bodies physically disappear from the land of the living and reappear in the land of the dead after they die. that is a dramatic change to the laws of the universe that distracts me so much when it's probably something that the writers never even thought about. they try to make it seem like some quintessential 1800s setting, but I now cant think of it that way because I know that it is so dramatically different from real life. Why would the people in this world even have established burial practices if this is true? Do people's bodies have to be buried in order to go to the land of the dead? evidently not since Emily was just out in the damn woods for all those years. which also raises the questions as to how the people in the land of the dead knew her. She would have had to be in two places at once: stuck in the ground and down in the land of the dead. shit like this irks me so much.

Yes, but they never acknowledge if that's why she's like that. It looked like that could have just made her pass out.

No you don't physically disappear after you die. You're just given a new zombie like body for temporary unliving. It's implied that it's not the afterlife completely but more of just a limbo state on earth till you really ascend or descend. Least that's how I feel.

She's probably severely traumatized or in a state of shock that she can't escape. Not everything has to be explained to you or given more screentime unless it's absolutely vital. What/who Monkey really is wouldn't have any impact if you knew the whole time she was his mom.

But this is something vital. It was a big part of who she was and put a lot of stress on Kubo despite it never being explained, and then it magically disappears and she acts like normal when she's a Monkey. So what was it? Having to use her powers to such a degree that it fried her brain for half the day? Or is it because she gets power from the moon and stars and it messes with her brain to have to hide from it? Why is she normal for half of the day?

It's a giant plothole that's never explained, and it bothers me. That's nothing like saying who Monkey is at the start. Hell, it'd be a better story if they took the time where they explained Monkey was his mom, cut it, and instead used the extra screentime to explain what happened to his mom. Monkey's identity being left vague is a much better decision.

It really isn't. All you need to know is that she is unable to take proper care of Kubo. What I'd say is that it's weird that she only woke up at night, which made me believe that it was something more mystical than physical.
Kubo had a lot of plot-twists, I expected the monkey to be what was left of her mom's power rather than her mom herself.

People was unaware that this state of world ever existed. as I get it the "Underworld" in literally under the earth in a different kind of plane or something like that, since you need a ritual to be able to return but you do it from below the ground. It doesn't seem to be easy to come and go, but when the party was done all the undead were able to return through magic, not just by walking out of it, or so I guess since they never make clear how they all returned, probably the same ritual the bride did halfway in the movie.
This seems to be likely considering what said
Seems like your physical body stays but you get like an imperfect zombie copy in the underworld. When Victor said the words, it activated "magic" that brought her to her original body.

In addition, I'd say your "copy" rots as your real body does. Also, true afterlife would be fulfilling whatever you left undone and then becoming fucking butterflies.

By your logic, 99% of the movie itself isn't vital. Why ever show the relationship between Kubo's mom and her family, or the point of eyes? All that we need to know is that they want Kubo.
It's important because otherwise there's a big plot hole that leaves you questioning in a bad way. Even you say you think it may be mystical. Considering the amount of the movie that's left on stupid shit like Monkey and Beetle awkwardly and disgustingly flirting, there was plenty of room to add that in there and make for a better movie.
But considering you seem happy about the stupid, predictable plot twist of the Monkey ending up being Kubo's mom, you seem pretty fucking stupid. That is hands-down the worst part of the movie.

Goddamn are you easy to trigger over the most minor shit. It doesn't matter. It's not a plot hole if the plot itself is still intact. It's just a bit of the story that doesn't get directly answered. Use your damn imagination a little instead of being a piss baby whining over minor things in a great movie made with love.

Why does Monkey magically get better and not have to deal with the mental problems she had to when she was just Kubo's mom?
That's a plothole.
Now stop projecting and getting asshurt because someone is shitting on your favorite movie. It's great visually and it ruined its opportunity to become a classic by its piss-poor writing.

She an hero when she couldnt get a husbando, destroying her soul.

Well… You're right
Kubo story was really simple and just kept stretching. Honestly, outside of the beautiful animation, the story is really forgetful and not powerful at all, a bunch of wasted potential. The point of stoyteling, as simple as the story can be, is how you portray and tell the story, Kubo was filled with a lot of unnecessary scenes and there wasn't enough focus in the important ones.
You're right as in they could have explained everything better, but as for the story goes, the reason as to why she can't take care of him isn't exactly important, what is important is that she can't. It doesn't leave any plothole since the story can continue with or without that knowledge, even when you wonder about it, it's not relevant to the story.
I liked the concept, it was an obvious hint as the true identity of them, maybe too obvious. The problem is that it was pointless, it lead to nothing other than "Oh, so that's why they flirted".
Stop projecting, user, I never said I was happy about it, in fact, I said I expected the monkey to not be her mother but a leftover of her power, like a guardian left with the last of her strength, which was not the case.

Gee, I wonder, maybe because she was in a body that didn't had her skull cracked, maybe because enough time passed for her to heal, maybe because her father wasn't punishing her anymore since they found Kubo, or maybe just fucking magic. As the other user said, use your imagination, fag, it's a magical world.

Hey, fag. Your theories mean nothing because it's just a plot hole that went unexplained. If it's a cracked skull, why does it only happen at certain times of the day and appear to be magical?

I don't think you understand what a plothole is, user.
In a world full of monsters, magic and legends, that does sound weird.

Chuck steel, a Will Vinton style stop motion short with a upcoming movie.

Is the movie still in the works or was it released online already?

When is it getting released?

The anime fans have no idea what's coming.

You do realize just how heavy a push CGI has become in anime, right?

sanic

yes and once again. They have no idea what's coming. Soon 2d will die completely unless they resist it.

How? Finding a cheap way to produce 2D nip cartoons?

By boycotting 3d shows. Nobody will make them if they make no money. It seems obvious yet it seems like barely anybody figures this out these days

3D animated shows you can fight easily. They're usually low budget garbage. It's the movies that need to be resisted. Hopefully shit like Emoji Movie makes casualfags learn a thing or two about choosing what movies they spend their money on.

yeah good luck with that one

There's always hope. Even in the darkest hours.

Nip animation is already cheap has hell.
And they want cheaper ?
What sort of monstrosity will come from this

aren't you the optimistic little retard

Oh it's too late for those. But anime is made for anime fans and normalfags are disgusted by most of it (for good reason to be fair).

CGI have always been a good medium for fucked up shit. Everything have natural textures but as so everything looks out of place. Scary as fuck.

Yeah.

Source?

Why does stop motion seem so much more creepy?

This

Moral Orel of course

Anything animated is and will probably still be considered things for kids.

Does this count?

If you haven't seen Coraline yet, it's an absolute must. It has this surreal and wholesome but terrifying tone that makes it feel like a dark fairy tale. It's the best Tim Burton film that Tim Burton had nothing to do with. It's directed by Henry Selick, a guy who's made some superb animated films including James and the Giant Peach and Nightmare Before Christmas. He also made a SUPER SHITTY movie called Monkeybone. Apparently some of the animators were fans of the movie, because Coraline's Other Father wears Monkeybone slippers.

Paranorman is also great. Most people only remember it for the gay joke at the end, but there's much more there to enjoy. It's far less whimsical than Coraline and the overall tone is more cynical and bitter, but it's a great movie that's reminiscent of films like The Goonies and The Sandlot where kids cussed at each other and people died. If you were the kind of kid who watched fucked up R-rated movies and dreamed of a zombie apocalypse killing all the bullies at your school, you'll relate to the protagonist.

If you're looking for great stop motion movies, you'd be missing out if you skip these.

usually when you hear about coraline its someone telling you its not good, but I liked it a lot.

Shit he did that. Nice.

Loved those two films.

IT'S IN THE WEBM RETARD

The creator of Coraline, Neil Gaiman, also made The Sandman. One of my favorite comics of surrealism and drama, but unlike Coraline it's R-rated and full of explicit shit.

They make shekles off the merch with anime. Nobody will buy the merch if they don't watch the show

HOL UP
There are people who didn’t like Coraline?
It is my second favourite film of all time – the story, the visuals, the music – it is a perfect family film; fun and just creepy enough for the kids, and interesting and well-written enough for adults.

Coraline is a rare gem in a sea of dumb family films exclusively aimed at children that we get nowadays. The only other family film that I feel is on the same level as Coraline would be Casper from 1995. The visuals of that film is just amazing – it feels like a Tim Burton film for children, but with surprisingly mature themes as well – the light house scene, and the scene where Casper tries to remember his old life in particular were very well done. Kat & Harvey also had a very nice relationship that felt very genuine and caring. It is not often you see a father/daughter relationship handled that way any longer.

Although I do like it and I ike it a lot, it's far from being amazing. Is pretty ay and i plays it too safe, it helps for the creepy atmosphere, but it never really steps up. Sure is beautiful and Coraline is lovely even though she is whiny some times. I just feel that the plot is dragged rather than engaging, specially the ast part with the well and the hand, and on that matter, characters aren't really well developped because you cant tell the difference between their real counterpart and what they are in coraline's mind. Sure that's actualy genius because it blends reality with Coraline's mind, but they feel short.
Basically, it doesn't know if it wants to be for children or not really, I guess is a nice inbetween, but it doesn't do a good job at neither.
Nice movie.

Only reason I would say to watch this movie is that apparently it's the first movie to combine live action actors interacting with stop motion characters. Done with blue body casts (akin to blue screen) of the actors and then animated the stop motion characters on top of those casts.

This is actually pretty good for a low budget 1 man project. Interesting story and world too

Yeah, i got to agree.

Screen Novelties is making another Spongebob holiday special, and it looks adorable

what the fuck? this is pretty fucking good.
Why have I not heard about it and how is it even getting funded if it's a youtube show?

The sound effects are all terrible. Even his voice is off. And the motion swipes are laughable. It's a shame because otherwise this looks delightful.

Things moving at an unnatural speed like that is unnerving. They use the same technique in horror movies.

The clip seems unfinished, like they'll add music later

Got any more?

Seems like a lot of work!

Nice

Can you imagine if there were giants that make everything move?

Is God studio Laika?

Don't forget Ghostbuster Vol. 3

Robot Chicken team made that?

Horrifying.

Yes, Stoopid Buddy worked on it.

Neat

that's pretty good

Is that show even good?

Its good, though watch it in low doses.

I hope so

When did this come out?

I'll be watching it

Early 2018

Neat.

Can't wait.

save it

It's fairly dumb humor so it's gonna depend on if you're into that or not.

otherwise, could be good

Where the hell have you been for the last decade, the studio always made noses like that.

It aint bad.

Does anyone remember me?

the human designs are bad and the story looks generic. I'll give it a chance because it's an animated Wes Anderson film, but I'm not expecting much.

bump

Back in the 90's there was this shit called Gogs that was stop motion, all I remember about it is snot and nudity

I still miss them.