Could this Save Animation?

This may sound Holla Forums related, but this has some major implications about the future of the animation industry.

web.archive.org/web/20170523041600/https:[email protected]/* *//singulardtv-be-your-own-economy-f9cfb543b70d (archive.org doesn't work for this.)

FTFY

That's a lot of green

Done.

You know, you could've shown us this in a way that didn't take up half the fucking thread, like a webm or an archived news article.

I don't see anything besides a bunch of board room shit and documents from men in suits and ties. Why should I care about this?

Looks like some autist thinking making everything linked to BitCoin blockchains, or Ethereum in this case, makes things better.

Seriously, what is the point?
Where does money come from?
Do I have to convert my Fiat dollar to memecoin to access this? Or is it free and money come from advertisers?
How much are creators paid?
Why would a creator bother converting their shekels to Ethereum and renting equipment when they can do that cheaper locally?
What is the incentive for anyone to join this?
It's decentralised, but where's the moderation? What's to stop a single Indian making 500 of those shitty YouTube videos they already produce and flooding the network?

It's really just a stupid idea with lots of buzzwords and a fancy website.
Nothing will ever come out of this after 2 months. I say that as I fully expect they have some music/tv show/movie already produced that will only be released on SingularDTV to try attract others.

Listen here, anar/tech/ists
Not everything is instantly better, and not every aspect of the industry can be saved just by gluing the words "decentralized" and "peer to peer" to it.
Saying that you only eat peer to peer fast food won't make you stop being fat.

This.
Foreigners will mooch off this like they already do with those creepy YouTube videos.
Artistic freedom was the worst mistake ever made by man kind, everything should be filtered harshly and anything not worthy should be banned from being published.

Holla Forums and Holla Forums here, I could translate for you, since OP won't bother.

From what I can gather, I think the point of this "platform" is to minimize distribution costs and take power away from Disney and Hollywood and give it to the artists where they won't be beholden to jewish creative control. With services like Netflix, distribution costs are high, and cultural marxists are an important demographic to Big entertainment, so Netflix very selective about what shows to curate, especially when they're using a subscription-based business model. This leads to a "playing it safe" mentality, with cheap animated talking heads and a slurry of live action talking heads. With Singular, there is no centralized authority that gets to dictate what kind of content is allowed to be distributed and sold.

Projects will also be funded through "Tokenization of IP," which is suppose to be akin to Bowie Bonds from a few decades ago, where David Bowie sold pieces of his IP on Wall Street and used the funds to produce music, and in return the investors got a share of the profits. So in a sense, studios and creators would sell pieces of their IP on Singular DTV's exchange, get the funds for their projects and in return, the token holders get a share of the profit.

From the holders of SNGLS or Ethereum.

You can access it regardless, but the platform runs on a Transactional Video-On-Demand model, the a la carte to Netflix's buffet, so you pay what you want. You can pay in credit cards, ether, or SNGLS, but if you want shares of an IP, you can only buy them in SNGLS. The company behind the platform doesn't take a huge cut from creators, or token holders.

They get paid from the revenue generated from their works on a TVOD model, how much they'll get depends, but considering that Netflix, and the legacy TV networks take massive cuts and leave their creators with breadcrumbs, creators using Singular can be expected to get more profit then their predecessors ever will.

That's a valid option too. The company is just making it easier for such equipment to be rented.

What's to stop someone from posting 500 shitty videos to YouTube already? In fact, there's millions of shitty videos on YouTube, and yet I can still navigate through it. I don't get buried under a barrage of cringe compilations and cat videos whenever I want to use the website. If YouTube is still usable, Singular won't have such a problem, especially since it's the last place you wanna spam due to the process of putting your work on the platform, making tokens and pitching your idea. This is a non issue if you have a search engine.

Now here's your argument in the other direction: What's to stop jewish executives from pumping out marxist propaganda and soulless cash grabs on current networks? The entertainment industry is an oligopoly that's resistant to change and competition. The reason it's stuck in such a shitty state is because these networks have too much creative control. And it doesn't matter if it's limited, you give them an inch, they take a mile. Do you really want these network executives dictating what shows get created? How did that work for Disney, Cartoon Network, Nickelodean and Netflix? I would rather live in a world where thousands of works are created, and succeed or fail on their own volition than have none but a few of them get created in accordance to the preferences of a few. But that's too scary to contemplate, right?

No it won't it'll just make people more lazy like how flash made everything shitty.

I want to like it, but this sounds so much like a monkey's paw.

All I see is tech jargon involving shit that'd probably go over the heads of animators and consumers simply because it doesn't instantly translate to "piss easy to use compared to YouTube and Patreon". And even if the ideas have merit, they're still coming from what sounds like a press release promoting a company and its tentative products. Even the most tech-savvy creators' right advocate should be wary on principle.
Not if you hype it up like a Hail Mary, no.

Kill yourself, faggot.

tl;dr?

wat

Oh sure, with the billions of dollars of capital the gaming industry has, nearly all games with high budgets look like they came out of Steam Green ight. Yeah, it's not like there's not enough money to go around in the animation industry, it's just because executives want to cut corners.

What school of Marxist economics did you learn in class?

All you had to do was screenshot the page, user. This isn't 1999 anymore.

Wasn't MLP done in Flash 8? It's not the tools but the people who use them…

Great, one little Canadian studio actually put the effort to animate compared to the dozens of shitty studios that don't.

What's another animation software that gets a lot of advertising?

What really worries me is the very thing that happened in Steam Workshop – profiting from the work of others by wholesale ripping and reposting of material.

Toonboom?

Op should include a brief tl;dr at the top. That said I will keep an eye on this.

That's already in wide use.

No, no matter what they do they can't help.

The answer to this is always "no."
The problem is not with the animation department but management and their pursuit of money over quality control.

The answer is no.

TVpaint.

This