memes aside, thoughts on the 60's Spider-Man show?
Memes aside, thoughts on the 60's Spider-Man show?
Well summerfag, its nothing amazing but if you enjoy camp and don't really mind the absurdity of the show its fun to watch.
straighten out your tight-ass panties
Fix your ass first.
Forget 60s Spider Man, have you seen 70s Spider Woman?
That show was so fucking hilariously bad it is amazing.
In the first story she defeats the invading Egyptian mummy aliens by turning their pyramids into cubes.
There was a 70s series? Was that the Amazing Friends show?
this is some good shit user
what the fuck am I doing
You know, now's a good time for a sweet Spiderwoman thread. Up next episode two with Space Satanists working for Dormammu, who somehow took a sex change with his presence?
Hm…… 1. The Moon is REALLY FAR AWAY.
2. To get the rocket there in just half an hour, it would need to be flying at over 500,000 miles per hour.
3. According to Google, rockets go about 5 miles per second, about 150 times slower than they need to for Dormammu's plan to work. (I'm actually surprised it's only 150 times.)
4. You can't just "redirect" a rocket. That's not how space works. There are orbits and specific flight paths.
5. The Moon has a mass of 7.3 x 10^22 kg. Rockets are about a billion billion times less than that. This doesn't even take into account that most of a rocket's weight is dumped after launching (less mass = more speed).
6. Forget the previous speed stuff where the rocket needs to go 150 times faster to reach the moon in time. If it's going to stop the Moon's orbit, it needs enough acceleration to make up for the ridiculous mass difference (force = mass x acceleration).
7. Moon's acceleration according to random source I googled is .0028 m/s^2. Thus the force you need to match is 2x10^20 N. For the rocket to match this, it needs to accelerate at 2.7x10^15 m/s^2.
8. That is a ridiculous number.
9. Where are you getting the energy for all this acceleration, Dormammu? 10. All that rocket's fuel is on board. It has a very limited amount. 11. Actually, the fuel's mostly been dumped - once the rocket is in orbit, it doesn't need fuel. Fuel is for launching. After that, it's extra weight that would slow it down.
12. There's no way you can accelerate this rocket to 2.7x10^15 m/s^2. No way.
13. Even with mind control, yes. Your mind control people can't beat physics. You should've tried telekinesis instead. That would've been more plausible. Then you can accelerate it with dark dimension plot devices. But mind control? Nope.
14. This math is actually wrong. See, the Earth is also moving. (So is the Sun for that matter.) If the Moon "stops," the Earth will keep going.
15. Also, if the Moon weren't orbiting the Earth, it will literally fall into the Earth. This is because an orbit is caused by an accelerating gravitational force (the Earth's gravity) combined with a perpendicular velocity (the Moon's speed) to create centripetal motion. Thus, if the Moon weren't flying around, it would simply fall directly into the Earth over a period of roughly a week. (Luckily, since the Moon is moving, it will be way off to the side in a week and simply be in another phase.)
16. The Moon colliding with Earth would be catastrophic. Dormammu, your plan would absolutely end all life on Earth. So…. congratulations?
17. For Dormammu to get the effect he actually wants, he would need to not only knock the Moon out of its orbit but into an orbit around the Sun.
18. This orbit around the Sun would also need to line up perfectly with the Earth's so that a Moon year would be exactly equal to an Earth year. Good luck figuring that one out.
19. Since the Earth's orbit is elliptical (as are all the planets' orbits), it doesn't also orbit the Sun at the same speed. This theoretical Moon-Sun orbit would thus need to match that as well.
20. To accomplish this at all, you need to kick the Moon away from the Earth. Otherwise the two's gravity would simply pull them back into the true Moon-Earth orbit. Or they also might just crash into each other, which again would be a bad thing. (Really, Dormammu, I know that's not actually what you were going for here, but it's a nice villainous badge and you should take it.)
21. If you kick the Moon far enough away from the Earth, it will be a lot smaller in the sky. Thing of other planets: Venus, Mercury, Mars - they're all tiny dots.
22. Therefore a solar eclipse would be not a big deal. It would just be another planetary transit. Plenty of light would leak through. Dormammu, your plan sucks.
23. On top of all of this, Spider-Woman very clearly hit the Moon at an angle more or less directly from Earth. She has very good aim. Hawkeye take that.
24. In other words, whatever force she hit it with, she was pushing the Moon AWAY from the Earth.
25. Spider-Woman did a better job executing Dormammu's plan than Dormammu did. But at least the Moon didn't crash into the Earth I guess?
26. The Moon is far away now. There are no more tides.
27. That's a lie. The Sun causes tides too, but they're about half as big.
28. All you have to do is move the Moon?? Did you not get the part about the 2x10^20 N required for this?? That's a really hard thing, Spider-Woman!!
29. She should've used her high-frequency spider-shriek when she was trapped in the spider-web. It seemed pretty useful.
30. Dormammu, I've come to bargain.
Episode 3: The Amazon Adventure or how the US lost the gold standard
"Yo son, where are we going to find Amazonian women?"
"Chill Pops, I got this shit locked down tight, clearly, cleary they're only from one country HueHueHue land, where teh Amazon river is!"
user, do you… you wanna tell us anything?
user, do you… you wanna tell us anything?
Yeah, sit back and enjoy the shitposting (that was an actual comment from the youtube page it was on). Be thankful you're now experiencing the joyous cancer that is the 70's Spiderwoman Tv cartoon.
Up next is Episode 4! Ghost Vikings Bitches!
Episode 5: That One Time Kingpin Was Kinda Just Phoning It In Because Daredevil Left Him An IOU
Common things I'm noticing with this show, the "Dad" is kinda a consistent expositional dick. The boy states the obvious. Jessica just has full time access to a jet copter, but has got to keep her identity secret from her best friends? Also the music is wondrously improperly bombastic for all of the wrong reasons (not unlike the 90's Fox Spiderman Cartoon with Peter Parker being played by David Hasselhoff).
Also Jessica somehow has a spare android just sitting around in the closet for some reason.
Episode 6: Grant Morrison Seeks His Revenge On Marvel Comics By Unleashing Dinos on New York!
Episode 7: We Wuz Spida Kangz!
Hot tip, Jessica throughout this entire series is basically a mutant Mary Taylor Moore. The fact that she rebuffs any romantic interests means that she's going to become a Spider Cat Lady more like.