"The Adventures of Puss in Boots" season 5 will be released on Netflix on Friday. What are your thoughts?

"The Adventures of Puss in Boots" season 5 will be released on Netflix on Friday. What are your thoughts?

What the fuck is happening

If Antonio Banderas is still voicing this I feel sorry for him

I've somewhat enjoyed this series. It's one of the few shows on nowadays that has a sweet, kind, feminine, female protagonist, in the West at least. She's a valuable member of the town, but she has her own non combat skills, and flaws. It's not a great show, but I like it more than King Julien, and I want more cartoons in the fantasy genre.
It should be noted that there's a reason why Puss is acting like he is in the webm.
The previous season ended with the female cat, Dulcinea, turning out to be the prophesied 'chosen one' instead of Puss, because the prophecy required someone kind and pure of heart. Puss naturally assumed he was the chosen one, with no real evidence, because that's who he is; he's very egotistical. Puss is brave, and good hearted, but not as pure as Dulcinea.
But, despite taking it fairly well, finding out he wasn't the chosen one is going to make him overreact because the writers always make him overreact until he learns his lesson at the end of the episode.
I guarantee that Puss treating Dulcinea differently, like he is her student, will annoy her, and she will have to tell him outright to stop it.
The writers often write Puss to be a little autistic to fuel conflict. He often ignores, flat out doesn't see, or understand another characters feelings until it is plainly told to him.

He hasn't voiced any of the series; it's Eric Bauza.

Yay some more silly shit for the kids to watch. They've just finished Sonic Boom (Sonic is very good because it has jokes for adults too).

There is not enough Dulcinea art in this world.

Agreed.

I can't agree, I enjoy Dulcinea's kindness and sweetness. Doubly so because there are so few characters like her in the West these days. I like how she looks.

The orphans are kinda dull, at best, and annoying at worst, but I don't think they're featured enough to be a problem. And I did like the Goblin orphan, partly because I like her design and personality, and partly because I fully expected her to leave the town and retain the status quo, but she stayed, even when they introduced a bunch of other goblins elsewhere.

I agree with you. Although the preview from fifth season will probably raise a lot of questions if you haven't seen previous seasons and let's be honest - it will raise couple of them even if you have seen all the episodes I've still enjoyed the show quite a lot. I definitely think it's better than most of the trash you see in TV nowadays. And yes, I like Dulcinea's personality.

I also agree with you.

I'm not quite sure if you have seen the latest seasons. After Dulcinea got more experience with the outside world, it turned her into a more practical nice person. I doubt she would anymore go to a thieves market and shout about how much money she has. And those orphans really aren't given that much of screen time.

The interactive episode sucked

I actually enjoyed it, and not only because of the ending. I like it whenever they use 2d cartoon, and the mainstream media joke was pure gold.

Is the show any good?

Over all I would say yes, although it took some time before the show came to life. Season 1 is mostly used to make you familiar with the characters and enviroment, after that it keeps getting more contiuity.

Yeah, it's got kind of a slow start because the first season is all episodic, but it picks up serialized storytelling in later seasons which fits it quite well

This show looks alright but
Puss voice actor is kind of shitty compared to him.

As one of the anons in this thread who enjoy it, I'd say objectively it's okay. Not great, but not bad.
It does falls prey to one of my biggest complaints with these Cg shows like Transformers Prime, King Julien, Trollhunters; they exist in stories with 90% reused CG assets and environments, which really sucks. Their worlds don't feel inhabited.
'Puss' gets better over time but it still bugs me, as much as I like it.

There was a season 1?

SHREK AND HIS CHAOS WAAAAAAGHBAND ARE A COMIN

Just finished S05E13. Yes, there's a cliffhanger. Beginning of the season 5 was quite episodic and random, but after all it might have been part of the writers master plan, since big bad was created during the season. I really enjoyed S05E05, but it could have been even better if they had made it two episodes long, so that S05E05 would have ended when Puss was being replaced by his evil twin.

The thing that really bothers me is the missing continuity in the relationship between Puss and Dulcinea. I mean, S05E08 ending implies that they are getting together, but in the next episodes they just continue being awkward friends. Honestly, is this some kind of evil joke?

Because Puss and Artephius are now messing up with the alternative realities, I'm starting to think there might be a small chance that this show isn't actually doomed by canon after all. But then again it's also starting to look quite possible that P & D will eventually never come up with anything else than what is seen in S05E08.

Thanks for the insight.

I was hoping for an animated vagina wearing shoes

Pretty good.

Not bad

This shit still going?

Is this the last season?