Trump infrastruture priorities leaked

If you haven't heard the news, Trump's infrastructure priorities list has been leaked.

documentcloud.org/documents/3409546-Emergency-NatSec50Projects-121416-1-Reduced.html

Some highlights:

- 10% of all priorities are in Ohio
- another 10% are related to the Northeast Corridor (ie, Acela Corridor from Boston to DC)
- a quarter of all projects are related to marine shipping locks or channels, and another quarter are bridges
- Texas has three projects: a high voltage power line, TXC rail, and Cotton Belt commuter rail
- California gets a billion dollars for renewable energy storage and a desalination plant in Orange County
- New York gets 5+ billion to build the Gateway Tunnels and the Second Avenue Subway
- Detriot's Woodward Avenue streetcar is listed at #24

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raising_of_Chicago
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urban_rail_transit_in_China
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expressways_of_China
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-speed_rail_in_China
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bering_Strait_crossing
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South–North_Water_Transfer_Project
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest_bridges
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_tallest_bridges
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_longest_bridges
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_longest_tunnels
actaspa.com/type/renewable-energy-storage/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Good stuff user

It's a good start but some choices are weird. For example I don't consider either TXC rail or Cotton Belt rail to be "emergencies" (as the rest of the list is intended to be), and there is no mention of CA's own high speed rail project (which is under construction) or Georgia's proposal either (which begins EIS reviews this year). Also $350 isn't enough for desal considering that CA is pumping about a billion dollars yearly into that now.

…..not that I think it's a bad list and I don't have anything against Texas. But I'd argue that WMATA's Dulles extension is a higher "emergency" than greenfield Houston-area rail projects. Ultimately this seems like a very basic outline for FY2017 money and something legislators themselves will have to hammer out.

*$350 million isn't enough

HA! That shit is never getting completed. It's a huge scam, like most of CA, to get monies.

The desalination plant in Orange county is interesting. That shit isn't cheap, but if they get it up and running, could slow down the utter rape of Colorado river (by one dick). It's rape would still be like getting fucked by 50 dicks, though.

What's so special about Ohio? Steel, corn, depression, Leaveland?

All of the above.

Ohio is right in the middle of 'Globalism Fucked Us' country. You fix Ohio first and it becomes a hub to unfuck every state around it.

The joke wrote itself

It's Emergency AND National Security. Some projects are vital to expand the US's capacities to move people and materiel, while others (like the various freeway bridges) are close to collapse - those being the emergencies.

We need right wing inspection squads.

We need to inspect the dams,Levies,and bridges.

This, first they bend the knee.

That is silly Trump.

Desalination is a joke. It's magnitudes cheaper to import water from elsewhere. Farmers can start paying their fair fucking share.

Our fucking subway in Los Angeles doesn't even run 24 hours a day because of 'cost'. I've yet to see what this overwhelming cost is that no other city in the world finds burdensome. Start there and then build high speed rail. I mean fuck they tore out the train tracks running through the SFV in favor of having a subway connect to brand new bus lanes rather than running above ground. (((Someone))) got paid on that deal.

I'm Glad trump is replacing the Soo locks.

Honestly I think the population of CA is going to drop a bit once deportations begin en masse.

NOT A WHITEHOUSE DOCUMENT

Now imagine how much money we'd have if we didn't have to subsidize niggers and spics in healthcare and gibs. Fuck why can't we just clear out Africa and use it as a nature preserve and place to put all the crazy large scale science projects?

It is going to get completed, but it is a scam. CAHSR is designed from the ground up to promote land speculation in Fresno, Bakersfield, and Palmdale. Much like the original highways and streetcar lines were.

No, but the list is fairly comprehensive and reasonable anyway, even if there's some odd inclusions in it.

because the southwest is better suited for that, it's more arid but there are no sandstorms or angry niggers around to destroy things. We should annex northern mexico and use it to test nuclear bombs.

California would have 21 billion. Maybe that's enough for our subways, trains and buses to run 24 hours a day, but I'm not holding my breath.

Make Penn Station great again!

What is the source of this list?

Why would trump want to upgrade these when he is bringing jobs back from mexico?

Why not lift our cities up like what happened in chicago so that you could access the Water mains, electric,gas,and fiber without ripping up the streets every time you want to work on them?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raising_of_Chicago

Damn, I just moved from Ohio last summer, looks like I gave up on it too early. In all honesty, don't let anyone understate the importance of this plan and 10% of it being in Ohio. The capital city is the second largest metro area to not have ANY kind of metro transportation system, the airports are total jokes, outside of the skyscrapers downtown, the whole city of Columbus is urban_sprawl.jpeg and the decrepit buildings are constantly being rented out and ditched by various businesses. Considering the state swung red for Trump and his promise of new infrastructure, this is the best of all possible outcomes for Ohio and makes me legitimately glad.

Ohio is a surprising state to outsiders. You expect crippling depression and typical fat boring midwesterners, you get a proud workers who have been through hell for decades and still haven't given up. Recently, Ohio has made many good strides toward rebuilding itself and even Cleveland is making a return.

Columbus is a shitty city tbh fam. I spent 4 years there getting a very useful and lucrative degree
t. Cleveland fag

$350 mil is plenty enough. The Californian desalination projects are designed to be money sinks where nothing gets done.

OSU? I went there, though ended up transferring out after a year. Last I heard, Columbus had won a Smart City bid around last June and are hoping to use it to update public transit. At this point they've ditched the entire idea of building a light rail and are instead just going to invest in self-driving vehicles for transit.

mein sides

Yeah man. The liberal indoctrination from gen eds was insane. Glad I'm done
I shitpost on the go, hitting all the wifi hotspots that don't have this site blocked

Because you'd have to disconnect all of those to raise the street. And you'd still have endless protests and wailing about noise preferring to live in a decrepit state.

split dubs confirm
Satanic Jew hates freedom technology

based ohiofags please bring your money to michigan after you get gibs tbh, also please help us kick the niggers back down south

Pathetic. Compare:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urban_rail_transit_in_China
'Since 2000, the growth of rapid transit systems in Chinese cities has accelerated.[2] The Shanghai Metro despite being the world's longest only started operating in 1993.[2][3][4] From 2009 to 2015, China built 87 mass transit rail lines, totaling 3100 km, in 25 cities at the cost of ¥988.6 billion.[5] Today China boasts both the world's longest and second longest metro systems.[2][3][6] Out of the top 10 busiest metro systems in the world 4 of them are in China. As of early 2016, China has 3195.6 km of subway lines.[7] Hong Kong's MTR Corporation has investment, consulting and management stakes in the rapid transit systems of several mainland Chinese cities.

As of January 2016, 26 Chinese cities have metro systems and 39 more have metro systems approved according to the National Development and Reform Commission. China plans to spend 4.7 trillion yuan ($706 billion) on transport infrastructure in the next 3 years.[8] The Chinese government published a transport whitepaper titled "Development of China's Transport" as part of its 13th Five Year Plan. The plan envisions a more sustainable transport system with priority focused on high-capacity public transit particularly urban rail transit and bus rapid transit. All cities with over 3 million residents will start or continue developing urban rail networks. Regional railway networks will internally connect and integrate urban agglomerations such as the Jingjinji, Yangtze River Delta and Pearl River Delta areas.[9][10]'

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expressways_of_China
'The expressway network of China is an integrated system of national and provincial-level expressways in China. It is the world's largest expressway system by length, having surpassed the overall length of the American Interstate Highway System in 2011. Between the end of 2014 and 2015, the total length of the network grew from 111,950 kilometres (69,560 mi) to 123,000 kilometres (76,000 mi) meaning 11,050 kilometres (6,870 mi) of expressway were built in 2015 alone.[1][2] '

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-speed_rail_in_China
'High-speed rail (HSR) in China is the longest HSR system in the world extending to 29 of the country's 33 provincial-level entities. The network consists of newly built passenger-dedicated lines (PDLs) and intercity lines along with upgraded mixed passenger and freight lines.[1] The newly built PDLs without including intercity and upgraded passenger and freight lines currently account for 20,000 km (12,000 mi) of service routes, a length that is more than the rest of the world's high-speed rail tracks combined.[2] The addition of PDLs and other high speed lines is ongoing with the network of PDLs alone set to reach 38,000 km (24,000 mi) in 2025.[2]

High-speed rail service in China was introduced on April 18, 2007 and has become immensely popular with an annual ridership of over 1.44 billion in 2016, making the Chinese HSR network the most heavily used in the world.[3][4] Notable lines include the world's longest line, the 2,298 km (1,428 mi) Beijing–Guangzhou High-Speed Railway and the Shanghai Maglev, the world's first high-speed commercial magnetic levitation (maglev) line and the only non-conventional track line of the network.[5]'

This:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bering_Strait_crossing
is what he should have started instead.

What am l looking at in this image?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South–North_Water_Transfer_Project

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest_bridges
ctrl f 'china': 99
ctrl f 'united states' 6
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_tallest_bridges
ctrl f 'china': 68
ctrl f 'united states' 3
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_longest_bridges
ctrl f 'china': 48
ctrl f 'united states' 63

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_longest_tunnels
ctrl f 'china': 76
ctrl f 'united states' 9

Fucking WHY

In this way he makes it californias fault if they don't get the infrastructure they want.

Don't lie. Crippling depression is everywhere because all of the good jobs have gone to Mexico. I live about a mile from two steel plants that have been closed for almost fifteen years, and all of the other local places that fabricated shit out of the steel from those plants are gone, too. With all of those industries and businesses pulling up stakes, the only fucking jobs are service industry bullshit, like call centers, retail, and food service.

Don't forget the heroin. Ohio is the heroin capital of the US. I lost two siblings to that shit.

I can't fucking wait for the wall to make that shit more expensive. It needs to stop. It is destroying this city.

Off-topic, but let's say you were put in charge with planning from scratch the fashy white city of the future. How would you do it?

whatchasling chaim kikecuckshill

JIDF g away shilcuk

Tell MBTA in MA to build that railway from New Bedford to Boston. Also revamp rt. 24, it's a deathtrap honestly. Oh, and rename it Rocky Marciano Highway afterward too, as he was a winner if there ever was one.

I didn't say that crippling depression completely left us. While the industry left us to rot ages ago, the city really is slowly reviving. Have you been to the flats or the waterfront district lately? They look more like they used to when I was a kid, as in a vibrant scene for today's youth. The city still has a lot of work to do to be even close to the old days, but it is amazing how much progress we made since the great recession hit.

sorry for your loss man, I lost family to heroin too.

ITS AMERICAN CLAY

Just you wait and see.. big things planned for california :^)

Any new airports?

American airports are fucking shit.

renovations of at least 5 are in there.

The source is a data guy in DC, most likely this powerpoint was apart of a presentation for likely infrastructure projects and someone managed to get a copy of it. Basically it's fucking nothing but an aggregate of what's been on the infrastructure agenda for decades now. Though I would imagine that there are multiple infrastructure projects in this powerpoint that are going to get funding.

Will any of these insulate against EMPs?

Soon. Soon.

Ohioan here, fracking was huge here and just grew substantially after Trump was elected.

When fracking was big a few years ago, our roads went to shit. Oil imports became cheaper, fracking nearly died.

This means more fracking ahead nigga. Trump gonna fix some potholes from dem earthquakes fam.

So if Calexit happens, what happens to this 1 billion dollars for the dessalination plant ?

Goat president and qb GET.

This.

I don't see the relationship between roads, fracking, and oil.
Is it just a matter of funding thr maintenance?

Damn, stay stronk /sp/.

Yankefag detected. It's always about you and your shit, isn't it? Heaven forbid we're allowed to have any public transportation.

trump was actively going around trying to get all the governors to submit at least 5 worthy infrastructure projects to be able to sift through and pick things. It could have just been a representative sample of some of the things being submitted, but it's a pretty fucking good sign is what it is.

The buildings are taller because the people are shorter.

A desalination plant and power storage are completely reasonable projects.

Don't mind me, checking the get.

Railroads in TX are extremely important. There are a lot of illegals to dump over the wall and rails are extremely cheap.
Those faggots are trying to form their own nation, the only priority in Commifornia is securing the nukes so the nuclear hellfire is one way when they secede.

Honestly all these green energy will gain more jobs and good points all around for Trump both dems and moderates.

an ATM machine running windows

How accurate is that report? Are these happening simultaneously?

Calexit won't happen. It's just a bunch of liberals who are in love with the smell of their own farts yap yap yapping and hugely overestimating the support for this idea because they only associate with people who hold the same views. The same people who were stunned that Trump won. The same people who couldn't believe it when Jill Stein's recount turned up a big goose egg. The same people who thought that Obama would declare martial law and save them from the bad scary man. They were wrong about all those things and they'really wrong about Calexit too.

It's only a matter of time until Los Angeles comes to its senses and abandons its sanctuary city status, then most of the smaller sanctuary cities will fall like dominoes. I see San Francisco and Silicon Valley holding out a little longer than the rest because there's a lot of money there and most of the poor have already left due to gentrification, but once businesses start failing and the tech bubble bursts they'll change their tune pretty quickly. They're already having problems with service industries failing, like restaurants and dry cleaners, because laborers can't afford to live close enough to take those jobs, not even illegals. The nearest affordable housing is too far away; nobody will travel an hour each way to take a job as a barista for $10.50 an hour. The transportation costs, even public transportation, are simply too high to make it worthwhile.

The SF/Silicon Valley area has tons of sympathetic H1B poo-in-loos and white guilt liberals, but very few illegals other than the occasional live-in nanny. They will not be able to house and support the flood of deportables that will come after the other sanctuary cities fold.

Heroin epidemics tend to become more common during times of high unemployment.

Also, all the jew bullshit that happened in Afghanistan.

Can't wait for H1B to get trashed.

What does 1 billion for renewable energy mean?

I was raised in rural Georgia. When I was a kid there weren't many paved roads aside from highways and interstates. I've seen the build up of infrastructure come with diversity and transplants. I'm glad Georgia is being largely ignored. All the development is pushing out farmland too.

the desalinization is done by a jew company

why the fuck should airports be constructed by the government in any modern country?

I really like that this is catching on.

Because it's national infrastructure, not some rich jew property

Infrastructure should not be private property under most circumstances, especially infrastructure on the scale of a typical airport. The long term detriment of monopolistic structures price gouging far outweighs the short term benefits of cost effective construction. It's part of the reason why American passenger railways and internet are terrible, expensive, or sometimes both.

Honestly one of the biggest overlooked problems in infrastructure is Water and Wasterwater Treatment plants. Eventually a president is going to have to tackle this issue.

(HEIL'D!)

Yea, fracking destroys the ever living fuck out of roads because of the hundreds of truck loads of water needed for the process.

When you frack one well, usually there is a truck arriving at the well site every 15 minutes or so 24/7 for a couple weeks. That tears the roads apart.

The Ohio Loveland Frogmen.

And all of them are running XP

for what purpose?

Use a couple underground LFTR nuclear power reactors to minimize footprint on the environment and provide very cheap energy. Preferably allow for natural or pseudo-natural clustering around areas that naturally favour settlement, use the plentiful power to provide an unintrusive electric public transit system in the form of trams or something like that between the clusters. Heating, water treatment, etc, can be handled by a few large facilities in less populated areas, preferably underground. Fuck cars, they make for absolutely horrid cities.

Basically, a series of villages connected by common infrastructure and overarching management.

That sounds fine in theory until you have to be in three different places and they are all over 10 km away from each other. Even worse if you conduct business where you are needed in person. Very space inefficient and intrusive to environment. Cities are evolved form of that - you have villages around cities and cities serving as centers of commerce, work and bureaucracy. It's so that you don't have to go a long stretch from one village to other village for getting your ID, for example. Instead, everyone goes to the center and back. Generally the rule of thumb is that, if something is not implemented or outdated, it's for a reason. Nature enforces some sort of optimal efficiency.

I very much disagree. The American model of commuting by car through gigantic, rectangular suburban blocks for hundreds of miles is completely full of shit. I'm a Eurofag and my daily commute involved going from one small town to one rather large city by train, and commuting around there - it's not actually a problem so long as the infrastructure works. As I said, clustering - of course some clusters can be larger. But no city is ever going to be one, self contained unit of many millions. Not a well planned city, anyway.

Consider the suburban sprawl of America. You're literally miles from anywhere of any use if you're home. Supposing your car breaks down in LA, it can be fucking miles to the nearest grocery store. And everyone's taking their individual vehicle everywhere, which is space-and-energy inefficient. Contrast that with residential villages where each has some minor business and basic social utilities such as a school. This is more conductive towards both general happiness and a sense of community. And then you can have the downtown business area, connected to everything by some train service. Perhaps a manufacturing-cemtered
area not far from that. But most space is always going to be residential and service-based businesses, which are better off small and distributed.

sage for double post
I can imagine that you are very skeptical of this if you are American, but 10km is literally nothing. In Europe a combination of trains, buses/trams and subways can make cars nearly redundant. Obviously some places are better designed than others, but the general rule is that it will often take much longer to get anywhere by car than it will by public transit. With a hub-and-spoke sort of architecture, it actually becomes even better. Trains can go pretty much arbitrarily fast, especially if they're of the maglev variety. The biggest limiting factors in public transportation speeds are:
1. Wait times
2, Traffic congestion
If you rely more on a relatively small number of high speed train lines rather than a network of buses and trains, you save on transfer and wait times.
Suppose you live in a relatively small village-sized area, which only has that train station and roads. You can walk to the station and take the train, instead of having to drive through miles of suburban sprawl or worse, wait for a bus to take you to a train station.

Basically yharnam, lots of bridges and vertical infrastructure

Wow Detroit has a weeny little part of it that won't do fuck all for anyone actually.
And I have a question a science question, this
Just how pray tell are they storing their renewable energy?
Can any user fill me in?

Hydrogen fuel cells from a quick google search: actaspa.com/type/renewable-energy-storage/
Seems logical

You fucking what? It is europeans who think that a few miles is a huge distance. For Americans 10km might as well be your neighbors house. The distance between cities in America is the distance between countries in Europe.

You misunderstand. We hate the idea of public transportation because we are a nation of individualists who enjoy our cars, the independence they provide, and how using a car means we don't have to deal with pics related simply in order to get where we need to go.

I buy enough groceries at a time to last me two weeks. Load them in the back of the SUV that I drive, as the single occupant, to my 225 m^2 single family detached home where I don't have to listen to the neighbors arguing through a shared common wall. My commute is 20 minutes, door to door. Fuck getting lice, fleas, scabies, and bedbugs from sitting on mass transit bench seats and touching filthy mass transit riders, simply in order to get to work. In short, fuck your euro population density and fuck your mass transit.

Fellow burgers, feel free to contradict me and profess your love for mass fucking transit.

Nah, you're 100% right. Furthermore, America is fucking huge. The only reason to live in the suburbs is because you want to. It is very easy to live in the country or in the city. You can live in any sort of community you want in America because the country is so huge and has so many options.

I think the problem is europeans watch hollywood movies and television shows and think the suburban californian lifestyle commonly depicted in such media is the American standard.

To be fair the problems you described about the riders of mass transit are because of shit like niggers. Japanese mass transit, for as packed as it can be sometimes, is surprisingly pleasant to ride.

But yeah, the real issue is that the US is fucking huge compared to where public transportation works well. Japan's system is only as good as it is because it's a small and crammed nation.

Unless you have a proposal to rid US mass transit of niggers, ex-convicts, and drunken homeless schizophrenics with tuberculosis, your observation is moot. What I described is, and will continue to be, the reality of mass transit in the US.

With defensibility in mind, to give the defenders a ==YUUUGE== advantage over the attackers.
Just like cadia from warhammer 40k.

ROADGEEK NATIONALISM

Most of those are German Engineered if I recall.

You're right, honestly. Like says, America has tons of space. I personally believe that there is valid reason to improve upon the public transportation we have available, though.

I hate mass transit for the same reasons you do, and I do have a car and prefer not to live in libshit-infested giant cities, but you can't deny that there is good reason to improve the systems that we have currently available.

For example, if you took Japan's Shinkansen bullet train (320km/h, ~200mph) and slapped it in the middle of the US going from San Fran to NYC (straight-line distance roughly 2500 miles), you could literally make a trip from one end of the states to the other a day, with multiple stops in between. That's including downtime for safety checks, cleaning, small maintenance, etc. It would be better and more efficient than the systems we already have in place, and I guarantee that adding that as an option would make a lot of other long-distance mass transit cheaper to remain competitive… which, in turn, would help remove some congestion from overcrowded airports.

it'll be under budget and ahead of schedule

I wouldn't say it's a "good" reason, given the inescapable problem of dealing with the shitbags who use mass transit in the US… *but* I'd say if it were upgraded it might go from being completely retarded to simply annoying and inconvenient.

For example, in order to use a bus, my current 20 minute commute by car would require a 4 mile walk/bike to the nearest bus station plus changing buses at least once (and the route times don't line up so there's a 15 minute wait to catch the next bus) and would require overall at least 90 minutes. Not to mention the lack of sidewalks in the US as well as how most American coworkers appreciate it if you don't come to work smelling like ass and body odor. Oh, and always, once you finally board the bus/train after sweating or freezing your ass off, partaking in the joys of the shit I mentioned in

Or you could just get in your car, play your favorite music while sitting in your comfortable seat, avoid getting parasites & communicable diseases from the dregs of humanity, and save a fuckton of time while you're at it.

What buildings? I quoted bridges.

I doubt that. Source?

Pic related is an American phenomenon and it frightens you. This why you have no public transportation. After Rosa Parks got in the front of the bus, white people got out.

That's the problem. American mass transit is designed to be a welfare program for people who don't have cars instead of being designed a viable alternative or complement for people who own cars. Most agencies don't care about on time performance and average speed for that very reason.

I'm glad I'm still here.

1) Ohio is ground zero of the rust belt and Trump's message of economic protectionism
2) Trump won Ohio, supposedly a close swing state, by an unprecedented 10% landslide.
3) helping Ohio would help solidify the state as a solid red state forever, rather than just a swing state. It would also solidify the other rust belt states behind Trump