Justice League trailer

Well here it is. Place your bets, Holla Forums?

What is there to bet on?

Spider-Man teased at the end

I wonder if we get to see a buff shirtless Commissioner Gordon.

Webm or riot, OP.

Has cyborg ever been anything but a token?

Considering his gimmick, probably not

NO LANTERN NO PEACE

The big bad turn out to be CIA; and in the Batman movie Batfleck needs to find Bane to defeat him.

Big heroes in a small man's world - this will be their slogan for the movie

And in the after credits Bane cucks Batman with WW…

Looks decent, but I don't really hope for much.

He went full cyber, once.
Wish he'd at least wear a damn helmet here.

Is that the new meme? What does the small man symbolize?

There's always Winx YT Downloader, I'm reasonably certain it doesn't give views.

Looks good

Looks like an abomination.

Does the job

Not my Barry Allen

Should have NEVER cast Batfleck.

All in all, the DC films are the biggest victims of Executives being absolutely inept and unaware of the property they are touching. I don't normally say "well, I could've done a better job", but in this case anyone else aware of the property could have done a much, much better job.

It's bad enough Green Lantern is tainted because of the abomination they made a few years back, not even touching that the morons were dumb enough to cast ryan reynolds for whatever reason. Might as well just cast John Steward as the OG lantern instead of Hal Jordan.

Dc should stick to animations.

Now that it's fully corporately run it's going to turn out worse than any of the other previous films.

And stay away from alien invasions. All cape movies should. They're just stupid, with no realism in regards to scale or strategy. And the whole plot is trite and tired.

To be fair, realism has no place in comic books unless you're telling a realistic story. Cape comics aren't realistic. Thus shouldn't strive for realism.

That's because they're always the same kind of invasion: an army of aliens cause a lot of destruction for no real reason other than cinematic decadence.

They could play it more subtle. Like Darksied's invasion. Instead of conquering with an orgy of violence, he stealthily placed his agents on Earth to quietly probe human minds for the Anti-life Equation. Mankind wasn't even aware they were here until Orion showed up, and by then they were firmly established on our planet.

Keep that in mind when you watch this shitty film. Jack Kirby wrote it better.

Oh god. This shit again.
You see the circular logic here, right?
Just because the power-fantasy concept of superpowers is included in a story doesn't mean that that story has to be stupid, or adhere to a particular tone or genre. You're pretty much saying that it's fine for it to be shit because it's capeshit.

No I'm saying you don't have to be and shouldn't try to be realistic in a superhero comic. Yes there should be some establishment of how things work on a basic level so people don't get pulled out of the story. That doesn't mean or equal realism. That's the suspension of disbelief. You're completely putting words into my mouth.

You're right. These fucks have no idea what they're doing.

But that's what I'm talking about. I get pulled out of the story when a planetary invasion consist of a bombing run on New York.

I want to assume good faith, and Steppenwolf was used because of the backlash against Doomsday (if you can call that LotR troll doomsday), with Steppenwolf you have some creative liberty as opposed Darkseid, Granny or Kalibak (well maybe not Kalibak) where if you mess them up people will let you know that you fucked up. See Jesse Eisenberg cosplaying as the riddler for Lex Luthor, and aforementioned LotR troll being slapped a Doomsday sticker and sent out.

The sad thing is, i'm probably looking forward to this more than Avengers Overbloat. Not that I'll see either.

Stop lying to yourself.

Let's be all be honest. We've all watched all the movies. And a lot them in theaters.

Speak for yourself. The last cape I saw in a theater was TDKR.

Winter Soldier.

It was such a terrible design choice when Doomsday is so hard to fuck up. You don't need to tie Zod to him either. Just have the fucker fall from space and let him go apeshit. Eisenberg was a terrible choice for Luther as well. He really does look like a Riddler.

Pushing Doomsday into Batman v Superman wasn't the best choice either, but it is what it is. At the very least, it was stated that there was an initial Doomsday that was created in Krypton's past. The best thing they could do is have the original be hinted at then bring him in when the League take on Darkseid.

you're a big guy

If only Zack Snyder was given the chance to use Metallo instead of Doomsday, maybe things could be different. The cripple man in BvS could be John Corben and his condition an excuse for Lex Luthor to transforming him into the robot fueled by kryptonite.

Doomsday should be the perfect villain for Man of Tomorrow.

Doomsday made perfect sense. Metallo wouldn't be good because he's only really a major threat to Superman (and mostly only when writers make Superman too stupid to realize that he shouldn't get close to the guy), whereas Doomsday is pretty much an unstoppable killing machine that wrecks everyone.

Ideally, I would've gone with AMAZO, but Doomsday was OK. It's not like he's good for anything else, he's a fundamentally shit villain.

That really should have been Bizarro. If you're making a kryptonian clone, you have Bizarro. But no. I don't know what they were thinking.

On one hand, this is utterly stupid, on the other hand, this has the potential to be BATB Aquaman levels of awesome.

I like that they didn't shy away from silly crap like exploding penguin toys.

Avengers movies have been consistently bad since the first one. I could not imagine a world where I'd be hyped for them.

To this trailer's credit, it shows more solo moments and duo-interactions than you tend to see in an Avengers movie. These will always be superior to group action shots (group action shots should not happen ever, there's very few ways to make them look dynamic), so if it is representative of the JL movie, it'll already be a leg up over Avengers films. That's not to say it'll be great or even good, but it looks watchable.

Those movies are anything but consistent.

I still think Gal Gadot is a shit actor and isn't anywhere near sexy muscular to be wonder woman.

Could of been worse.
Charlize Theron was the original pick.

Truth be told I have no idea who they should cast for WW.

They don't need muscular, they need hot and in reasonably good shape. Wonder Woman's powers come from divine magic, she doesn't need to be jacked.

Bridget Regan I thought would've been a decent choice way back in her Legend of the Seeker days, she would only need some exercise to get into shape for the role.

Charlize Theron? Really? I can't believe anyone would be that retarded to think she would make a convincing Wonder Woman.

Gal Gadot is good enough so far. She's certainly not great, but she's solid enough that she isn't worth replacing. The only candidate I could have ever listed might have been whoever played Angel in Deadpool. Pic Related.

Pretty sure the report was that she turned down the role, as in, they already greenlit her being offered it.

they're finally have colors that snyder out but still the villains are generic and supes isn't included in new poster

From what I know of the woman in that pic she's good at physical stuff not acting. Honestly, I thought the person who could do Wonder Woman is the woman who played Maria Hill and the chick who played Faora.

Stop posting this faggot's art
inb4 you post more in reply

We all know some jackass pulled some strings for Gal Gadot.

Really? you believe that the execs that have created some of the most embarrassingly disgusting mistakes wouldn't do, or weren't planning on doing anything even more incredibly stupid?

No

bruh, she's a former cage fighter, who got famous cause she was kind of attractive. Got out before her face got too messed up as well.

Yeah, darn that (((some jackass)))

why didnt they just use darkseid for this movie? if this flop then no chance of seeing him thanks to WB and snyder

Saving darkseid for later. He's the big money.

casuals will see him as thanos clone and this shit can be flop

Isn't JL supposed to have two parts?
One now and another later with Darkside I guess.

It'll be fine. Everyone thinks Darkseid is Superman's end boss or some shit like that.

I think the first Avengers is carried well enough by the novelty of seeing all the characters interact, it was the first time we saw that on a big screen after all.

But now, it's not just Avengers, everything is a big dumb teamup or a lead in to a big dumb teamup. Even Marvel's Netflix shows, of which only one is any good, and even those were made for the sole purpose of leading to a show about all of them teaming up.

It's fun to see a crossover, but it's not fun to see nothing but crossovers.

Old leak is pretty much confirmed by now.

Wait why is Lex in Arkham?

Because he's mentally ill. He identifies as a Joker.

They keep on trying to make Lois Lane relevant to the proceedings and all I can think about when I see her is how much she is out of her depth there and completely unnecessary.

just like in comics

That was the best part of the opening to the justice league television series. Aliens come down in a series of fucked up pods and then start destroying the atmosphere from inside said pods. This would kill most all life on the planet and be no need for excess violence.

About that…

Shit, I want to watch this now, it looks awesome.
Off to the bargain bucket I go…

Meh, I thought it was really lame even at the time. I've read comics long enough that the concept of a shared universe is the most boring thing on the planet and I couldn't give less of a shit about low-A-list to B-list actors interacting.

The only cool interactions in Avengers was the scene where Thor faces off against Iron Man and Cap, anyway. And, I suppose the scene where Hulk wrecks Loki was fun at the time, but it really undercut the movie. Those scenes are not enough to carry a movie of its length.

Why not wait? Soon enough all of this will be remade for Universal Studios DARK UNIVERSE, starting with a Bride of Frankenstein and INVISIBLE MAN coming to a screen near you

I was disproportionately mad that the wheelchair man didn't get to be teased as metallo in a later film.

I think the whole reason why it's so lame, at least in movie form, is that everyone is fighting for screen time and villians instead of just being individually cool.
It's why I think Marvel movies where the good guys are a team are almost always up against a giant army and some super unstoppable guy with a super unstoppable infinity stone and they end with some joke ending like the dance off or Loki getting wrecked(I haven't seen Ultron so I can't speak on that)

There's also still the issue of going back to these standalone movies, where they go against these threats that make more sense as a team

Goddamn it, this is going to have Suicide Squad bad dialogue. I'm watching this shit just because of Jason Momoa, and they're going to fuck him up, aren't they? I can only hope this doesn't bomb so bad that it fucks up his career. But considering normies even ate up SS and WW…

Just like how in the Marvel movies, Peter Parker is now just (white) Miles Morales.

I think the saddest thing is that Mamoa is the only actor of the lineup worth giving a damn about. Cavills career is forever tainted already. We all know about the shit Affleck and the faggot they got to play Flash. Only one's that'll still be worth anything will be Gal Gadot and Mamoa. Gadot not even for her acting chops. But just because she was the star of one of the highest grossing movies ever along with the most successful female superhero movie. There is no justice in Hollywood.

Don't remind me how they ruined the perfect actor for Superman. Fuck, whoever casts these people typically does such a good job, but then the actors get so fucked over. SS was terrible, but you can't argue that they didn't pick anyone but the best possible actress for Harley Quinn. She does the accent well when given the chance to, and if they let her have more control she probably would have been more tolerable. She's got the looks, and her voice is leagues better than fucking Tara Strong's.

Mind telling me about Caville? I'm not anywhere near up to date with the live action movies.

There's not much to say. They hired the best possible actor for Superman, and then wrote him into the two most shitty Superman movies ever made that not even normies could enjoy, and basically fucked up his career forever.

It's just that the Man of Steel and BvS movies were really really terrible. So Caville is forever attached to these roles and movies on his career sheet. Any other roles he took between those movies weren't exactly successful movies. Visually he's a good pick for Superman. But the movies made him possibly one of the worst written Superman of all time.

his 30 second, Luke-Skywalker-in-TFA-eque appearance in Justice League will redeem him, you'll all see

Is the guy playing flash like a meme actor? the guy showed up to SDCC dressed up as Edward from Full Metal Alchemist, and he seems to be playing himself.

Hey Holla Forums and no he's just a televison actor that played in a couple small movie productions in the past.

The guy is still a brick in comparison, then again he's British so suppressing the accent is little more difficult. I heard he was good in the Man From Uncle.

ah, youtube comment sections are getting wet over him.

Normies and normalfag is interchangeable and honestly, I've seen fags like you bitch that it's summer at people using either one. I have a feeling that this is mainly projection.

Nah he's just the kind of retard that gets drunk and starts catfights with Gadot.

You're a fucking idiot and he's a twink, put two and two together it isn't that hard.

Holy shit, you autistic man child.

But he was in a group pic

This movie is going to crush your soul. I'm sorry. I wish I could prepare you somehow.

So it's the plot of Man Of Steel and Avengers. Again.

This movie is going to shit all over the Kirby mythos and there's nothing we can do about it.

There's one thing you can do.
Ignore it.
Spend your attention on something better.

Everything .. Everything about this is wrong.

Pre-historic times repelling an invasion from Apokolips? If they were involved in the war between New Genesis and Apokolips, they would've been fucking annihilated by their war weapons. Their war was so brutal and savage that they annihilated entire solar systems.

And Mother Boxes? Mother Boxes are New God technology. They could create them. Why invade some rinky dink planet to retreve them when you can just make more?

Never before have I felt this level of contempt from a motion picture studio. Just the sheer disdain DC and Warner are leveling at Jack Kirby, the people who actually read the New Gods, and comics in general is unprecedented. They've gone from figuratively not giving a fuck to literally not giving a fuck.

Did I say I cared?

Well, in Avengers the aliens haven't crossed space to reach Earth, they are being funnelled through one portal that's over New York, and the Avengers are right there waiting to stop them, so it's natural they'll get tied up with a fight in one area.

Maybe they should fly away and invade where there aren't any avengers

it had to be in new york because that's where Stark's magical electricity machine was.

Well it technically was.

Will make money but suck.
Also… damn that flash sucks hard.

Didn't the aliens blow up random cars and civilians, instead of targeting the avengers specifically and fortifying a position on the portal generator?
And the damn hive-mind shut-down trope. I hate that too.

They were attaching everything, invasions tend to do that.

Not gonna lie, thought it was an Alex Alonso drawing at first. So that's cool. But the poster itself is really retarded. Especially the text. This is not how you design a superhero lineup promotional. Fuck none of them do it right. They're just standing around awkwardly next to each other. Put em in poses and shit at least. Make them look cool and not like shitty action figures just frozen in place.

Wait fuck I got the name wrong. Meant Alex Ross.

It should have been an Alex Ross poster.

"But we can't make it look like an Avengers poster"

good one.

I doubt it will get off the ground with how shitty the Mummy was.

I think they could do team ups. That way you could showcase characters that on their own couldn't hold a movie but with someone else could. Like some Brave and the Bold type stuff.

The reason why that happened was because Whedon couldn't write a way around it.

It would be cool if you make it like a comic cover I guess?

>Yeah, sure, I think I'll just fight until the end in some other local sovereign management zone. Some out there will pay me to kill other humans. Maybe Bob from Heavy Assault regiment Alpha wants to join.

It was surely inspired by him.

How sad.

I'm scared.

Watch them try to copy the Dr Strange movie and fail miserably with somehow making the dialogue even more phoned in and millennial than Dr Strange did.

Oh god.

It's easy to make, really. It's a man who turns into a sorcerer possessed by a god of order via helmet. He fights celestial baddies, let the idea of order parallel Fate's struggle between nabu and Kent. End with a fight with one of his cool villains. Nabu and Kent contemplate their own balance as they view some trippy fucking space magic shit.

Bam, done. Add zatanna's ass, too.

We all know it's super easy to accomplish and get right. But Kikewood doesn't. Nor does WB. Put em together and you get an over-complicated mess at best and a dumbed down nonsense fest of philosophy at worst. Complete with frankensteining movie and general drama themes together in an attempt to reach an audience that's displeased. Over just hiring a competent writer. It's a mess.

It can't get worse than the killing joke movie though, right?

Oh it especially can when it comes to the animated movies.

TDKR was pretty decent along with Red Hood

Those were in the years when DC still gave a shit about animation budget and weren't just adapting really crap New 52 inspired movies.

I though that justice league dark was kind of fun

It was ok. Not great but a fun watch compared to their recent movies.

Cyborg and the flash have ridiculous costumes and cyborg has always seemed odd on the justice league, I just don't care about any of the comic versions of the teen titans even if they preceded the cartoons.

Who's gonna be Zatanna exactly?

At least give him an actual costume, they learned nothing from green lantern.

Because Bizarro is too "silly" and not edgy enough for the direction they're taking these movies.

>BATB Aquaman levels of awesome outrageousness
Nothing will ever be that outrageous again…

Flash looks like he's wearing a tie.

Wasted opportunity.
I really hope they follow up Gotham with a Batman TV show and cast Cranston as Gordon.
I dont even like him as a person, but he is THE perfect motherfucker for the role.
Forget Gary Oldman. Forget anybody else.
Cranston MUST be Jim Gordon.

No he needs to be Luthor.

and they never will

A movie is only as good as it's script, and David S. Goyer, the man responsible for pic related was the writer. Fortunately, I don't see him anywhere in the credits for JL.

frig off

They used JK to keep him from Marvel

Oh boy, the shill that spams the gg threads on Holla Forums is spamming on Holla Forums now.