Bye 8ch

Congrats idiots, like 8ch/4ch can afford pay-to-play high speed internet access.

nymag.com/selectall/2017/01/say-goodbye-to-the-last-pillar-of-the-free-open-internet.html

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

There must be a word for this specific level of being a fucking retard

Google shills need to leave

Trump should build a 10gigabit connection to every house including out in the sticks, and let any ISP including startups use it at no costs.

Wasn't net neutrality a conspiracy for the government to gain control of internet regulations?

this
/thread

if you bothered to research the issue you would know what he is trying to say

he isn't pro your pic related, he is saying current laws and regulation don't serve their purpose
and he is right in that, internet access suffers the same problems as most utilities: their exists no real free market. their is mostly only one internet connection (the cable) to your house and the providers are all forced to use this, making the different providers just puppets for the gatekeeping of the owner of the cable

solve it: make all the physical system on which utilities work public rather than private and charge a flat costcovering charge to the providers

that image is not even Holla Forums tier

I think that's how it works in some european countries. the infrastructure is offered by the government. I know EU paid for underground cables, don't know if the countries government asks the providers to pay a special tax to use the cables.

Net neutrality was dreamed up by kikes. If companies want to allow higher speed access to certain services, that is their right. So long as there are competing services, including the possibility of municipal (non-monopoly) broadband, and small ISP startups.

i am from europe that is how it used to work
then the (((EU))) came in and called owning and caring for your utilities is deplorable nationalism and forced the governments to sell all the infrastructure

predictable the costs only increased, while service and basic upkeep and repair on the system went downhill

I've got a better solution:

Revoke the spectrum from fake news channels
Reallocate said spectrum to wireless internet (or shuffle with other wavelengths that are suitable for wireless internet if TV wavelengths aren't)
Allow people to open new wireless ISPs

Not ultra ultra fast, but doesn't need nearly so much capital investment, and doesn't leave governments in charge of maintaining infrastructure (that is always a nightmare).

Pretty much, I'd been a supporter of it going back to the 90s. When it was first proposed the idea was to take ownership of the airwaves/cables back from the kikes and put them in the hands of the people again as it should be. Instead the term was stolen then regulation was passed under its name to give the kikes even more control over the national resources (in this case bandwidth). Idiots only read the headline and fell for the meme so places like reddit were filled with posts saying

When they didn't do shit as always. They heard of it maybe a month or two before it passed, fell for the PR, and celebrated their own defeat.

Another good example of this is VHF/UHF bandwidth. Which was a public resource until the big 3 networks gained control over it like the kikes they are. When it finally came time to give them back (digital television) they instead kept some for themselves and the military rushed in to take the rest for their own applications (mainly drones).

lolberg detected

GOOD

you realize "net neutrality" means moar control right. this is a move in the right direction. i think you have misunderstood that this means no united nations or E.U regs on the net. net neutrality is a NWO dream come true to censor

I'm not very savvy on net neutrality. Could you explain how the Net Neutrality law gave kikes more power over national resources?

There's two. Brain dead.

Obama's """Net Neutrality(tm)""" was never net neutrality, just like the ACA was never affordable. Nobody seems to remember the threads around the time that Obama pushed that shit log through, either, so everyone on every forum ever is shitting their pants about this. Take a chill pill, numbnuts.

Shut the fuck up, we just withdrew from the TPP. But, I'll watch this.
DAMN ANKIKES YOU WON'T TAKE AWAY MY WILD WEST INTERNET!

OP You're a faggot, but that's to be expected because well after all you're OP. The real problem here is that you're a (1). Get back in your thread you deadbeat faggot.

This reeks of (((them)))

forbes ).( com/sites/larrydownes/2017/01/24/why-is-the-media-smearing-new-fcc-chair-ajit-pai-as-the-enemy-of-net-neutrality

Is there any way out of the net neutrality discussion entirely? Everyone seems to narrow it down to choosing between being fucked by ISPs screwing with speeds to squeeze you for shekels or literally government sponsored internet regulation.

I want a third option.

I would have to refresh myself on the specifics of the law. It basically boils down to this:

With real net neutrality data is data. All data coming over the pipe is supposed to be treated the same. Also the cable/spectrum is open meaning anyone can sell you data over it.

What we got from the FCC allows for companies to "fast track" data to you. Basically, is netflix pays an ISP more money than amazon then netflix's services will run better/faster over the network. The FCC also failed to address the point of ISPs having a monopoly all together. So if one company sells cable in your area that's the only one you can get a hook up to the internet through. In an idle world the people would own the cable and you could buy you service from Charter, or TWC, or Tom's local cable service.

Last but not least I need to mention that traffic shaping is just a fact of life when running a network. Traffic shaping is a technique that ensures things like streaming video don't prevent you from getting your e-mail or other important/low-bandwidth stuff. The problem is the kikes intend to abuse that technique because they saw they could make money on both sides of the coin. In their idle situation they're going to charge a company extra shekels so they aren't fucked over by traffic shaping, then they're going to turn around and charge you for the privilege of begin able to use traffic shaping at all.

There is a lot of other bad shit in the law. I'll read it over again and reply when I have time. This is the main fuck you from the kikes that was included in it however.

b-but who will build the isps in a free market?

The third option is communities building their own fiber network and opening their own ISP for the town. Every time this is tried the big ISPs drag everyone into court and bleed them dry of money, then a few years later broker a deal to supply the town with their internet services. I think you know what happens after that (same thing that happens every where else, shit service).

We don't need Government regulation at the national level for this. The idea is to leave it to the local level and perhaps involve the state/FCC when someone attempts to grow a new monopoly and become the new TWC/Bell.

The inter hasn't been the wild west for over 10 years at this point. You can thank the usual suspects. Net neutrality that was passed was only it in name. It wasn't even close to what net neutrality meant in the 90s or even in the early 00s.

Like most regulation law passed in the last how many decades?

7 at the very least, most likely 10.

So, that doesn't matter. I still want to retain the shit we have.

This shit never ends.

2015: NYT: "Meanie Weenies use the internet to harass poor wemmenz! We need to censor the internet!"

2017: NYT: "Trump is evil and wants to censor the internet! Dats bad!"

Jesus Christ the lies and deception are too fucking much. I just can't fucking wait to go into work tomorrow and hear all my libshit coworkers whine and complain about this when none of them had a fucking clue what the TPP even was.

How do liberals even survive being this stupid.

What we have is shit. You should want better.

why was the page 404'd.

Gas yourself OP. Take Google with you to the chambers.

Go back to Reddit, kike.

(1)

I had a hearty chuckle

Because being a liberal requires you to do ZERO critical thinking and self-introspection about how things affect you. Your thoughts, ideas and emotions are whatever the popular narrative is at that moment in time, that way you are being a "good citizen."

Liberalism is a fucking mental disorder. I've never met a liberal who wasn't already completely degenerate, completely fucking stupid or a heavy mix of both.

Stop replying to a shill post you fucking idiots

alpha waves changing your thought patterns is good for you.

this
Now this >>>/gaschamber/

OP is still a fucking (1)

The spirit of NN died the second they allowed ISPs to "zero rate" content like Netflix, pandora, and YT

It has morphed in to nothing but a government power grab now.

8chans problems are not with bandwidth. The problems have always been with DNS and payment processors. 2 things NN even in its original form would not have helped.

The biggest threat right now isn't bandwidth. Its the power walled gardens like kikebook and twitter hold.

Besides, Ajit Pai is already the chairmen of the FCC. Trump just phoned this one in and kept the status quo. Its not even on his radar.

Net Neutrality is one issue Trump is wrong on, and it's disappointing to see Holla Forumslacks attack it out of loyalty to him.

Explain how it's wrong.

Kike media shill detected.

It promotes (encourages, forces) the use of certain services over other, non-paying and potentially smaller services, and provides new avenues for carriers to charge completely arbitrary fees when they should instead be acting as a neutral carrier.
It's not good for you, it's more free money for telcos, and I have no idea why on earth anyone not part of those companies would think this is a positive thing.

What about Romania? Seems like they're doing pretty good on their unregulated internet.

Honest question, do Romania's laws allow for real competition among its ISPs? Until the local (yet still government subsidized!) monopolies are broken up here, consumers do not have significant choice in terms of ISP.
And that's being optimistic, when you consider the sorry state of the US's cellular providers, for example.

what country?

God that pic is disgusting

Please dont tell me a internet without net-neutrality looks like at horrid abomination

Bottom line is that an decentralized ISP independent internet needs to be formed yesterday, its only a matter of time before either governments or corporate oligopolies try to censor the internet, and bitching about the net neutrality/Federal Government false dichotomy is useless.

The entire debate is a false dilemma. Break down regional monopolies like Trump has been saying, and there goes the conundrum.

Best Korea of coarse. :'^)

I live in the Balkans and have better internet than most of you and don't have to give a shit about things like Net Neutrality.

I don't personally live there, but here's this guy explaining the history of things.

why do you think (((Google))) and Netflix like net neutrality? It's not because they just love their users, it's because net neutrality prevents ISPs from making them pay more for the mucher higher bandwidth they use, not to mention that it's government backed (((regulation))).

That is only one part of the problem, TPTB absolutely hate the internet because it lets bad goys beat them in meme warfare and expose corruption, and it is only a matter of time before they attempt internet censorship based on some type of pretext. With a majority of normies being retards who think the internet consists of Gmail, Netflix, Facebook, and Reddit, it would not be hard to implement censorship slowly but surely. Freenet is a good start but we need to develop alternative and completely decentralized internet infrastructure that can't be fucked with via monopolization, municipal regulations, and other kikery.

tl;dr fuck NN and ISP kikes, undermine both through any means necessary and forget about the false dichotomy.

see

eat shit faggot OP

The way I see it they benefit from it and we too. You sound like a suicide bomber to me, you want to fuck up Google but take yourself down too.

Well, it sounds like most of this hinges on the fact that users and citizens own the infrastructure. I also think he's understating just how much ISPs here will collude to shit on users rather than compete against each other.

I got one."Left" "Wing".

I live in Bulgaria and we pretty much really good internet connections too. Each city, town and village usually have their own ISP's. The big ones have issues competing with the smaller ones. Mtel is the only company so far being able to buy internet companies and that's only to use their infrastructure and upgrade it, thus giving even better internet. I'd say what's fucked over the West internet-wise is that they allowed the government to centralize it. Greek internet is really shit compared to Romanian and Bulgarian ones. It's a joke, really.

IF YOU DON'T TAX THE INTERNET FOR THE GOYIM, EVERYONE WILL DIE TOMORROW IN WW3 AFTER BEING UNABLE TO CONNECT TO FACEBOOK

Yes but who will fund it?

Comcast owns their plant and wont hand it over. They didn't receive subsidies like the Telco's did.
VZN, ATT, and others who DID receive subsidies siphoned off the funds to wireless and let the fixed wireline system rot. Shit-tier telco's like Frontier are now buying up this old crap that no one wants.

So you will have to start all over. Building out 1 single town with HFC or FTTH can cost millions.
Look at Google. They now see what it costs to start from scratch and they are slowing walking away from GF. FIOS never made VZN profit and there are no new build outs planned.

I hear that, but it's been my understanding that it was government regulation that prevented them from competing, since they're now utilities, right? Seems to me that it's government regulation, not exactly collusion, that's destroyed competition, and thus quality. Let's say that two companies were to not fight with one another. Then a third company could come in and offer better services, and then they'd have to rework things again. Free competition doesn't foster collusion.

In the case of ISPs, yes, they were each granted regional monopolies and had construction of their networks subsidized. I'd have no problem whatsoever with flat out taking these networks away from them, because they didn't actually use the money where they were supposed to.
In the case of cellular networks, a close analog, regional monopolies don't exist, and companies can generally compete with each other. They all pull the same shit, offer terrible and excessively limited services, and charge high prices for it all, because they all do the same things.

Fibre optic bundled with home phone for $40/month**

*~$70ish after two years
note that a CAD is $.76 USD

I guess I still have to look into cellular networks, but I'm really not sure where to look for any actual information about it.

Wanna know how I know your from Holla Forums ?

get the fuck off my board you corporate shill

Well ususally the liberals fullfill a role in said society, unless ofc they become cancer.
But that is pretty much the case with any extreme ideology. I just hate them the most.

In the USA the network that was subsidized is the PSTN/POTS network. (Copper twisted pair). In exchange for the monopolies and funding the telephone company had to provide a landline to anyone who wanted it. No matter the cost. With fixed pricing. Analog voice is the only thing thats guaranteed though. This all happened way before the internet.

This system exists in every town and city in the USA. In all sorts of different states of repair. If brought up to snuff you could at least provide ADSL to everyone in the USA as a bare minimum.

It all went to shit with the breakup of the original AT&T bell system in 1984. After that the new "baby bells" sill took the public funding but started spending it on things other then upgrading their systems to stuff like vdsl or FTTH. Most of it seemed to go in to building out cellular in the past decade.

the AT&T we know today isn't the same company. Its SBC that took over the brand years later

ADSL isn't exactly modern and competitive, though it certainly meets a certain level of "basic needs". The problem with that as well is that ISPs like Verizon in many places have been ACTIVELY DESTROYING those copper phone lines when new things are installed. It's a goddamn nightmare.

net neutrality is basically a solution to a problem that doesn't exist

at least we get white-fi, the "white spaces" in between the VHF/UHF channels.

White-Fi, favored by white nationalists everywhere!

remember, some small towns have built their own fiber infrastructure and are able to provide cheap internet to their residents. there's one in Alberta that did it

Data caps?

All white nations should have FTTH (Fuhrer To The Home).

This is blatantly false

I have no fucking idea what any of this means. Can someone please explain?

This, except the solution also gives more control over the internet to the government. Why do you think Soros and CIA-owned Google love net neutrality?

Net neutrality is a stupid reddit meme astroturfed by Soros and swallowed down by retards.

That's how it used to work before cable companies lobbied to change it.

Net neutrality is a solution to a problem we no longer have. The issue in the late '90s and early '00s was ISPs limiting traffic based on the program generating it such that two programs between the two same endpoints could experience a different network. But a decade later and everything is centralized now, they can do this same kind of manipulation through peering arrangements and netwotk fees and 'net neutrality' won't cover it.

Often the "baby bells" were given additional subsidies to explicitly build out FTTH networks and completely reneged on the deal,

>ADSL isn't exactly modern and competitive, though it certainly meets a certain level of "basic needs". The problem with that as well is that ISPs like Verizon in many places have been ACTIVELY DESTROYING those copper phone lines when new things are installed. It's a goddamn nightmare.

Yes. But ADSL will work on whats already there. IF its in good shape. There are millions of people in rural America who would be happy with affordable 6-24mbps adsl2+. VZN is the worst offender for what you mention. They got paid in public funds. Let the copper system rot. And didn't install DSLAM's to offer adsl in lots of towns. Why? Because they would rather sell metered cellular then unlimited cheap adsl.

The FIOS buildouts also gave them the advantage off getting out of regulations having to do with reliability.

POTS landline = Regulated. They have to maintain a working line by law.
VIOP = Unregulated. If your phone goes out they don't have to fix it.

Yes this is correct. They took the money and ran. The paid off politicians didn't hold them accountable and let them get away with it.
Any legal obligations where spun off to retards like Frontier who seems like nothing but a corporate dumping ground for raped and pillaged fixedline networks.

OP said nothing when Obongo gave away ICANN. Bye shill.

I'd like to get free access to USENET again, and somebody definitely needs to put a hard boot on the neck of Spectrum, nee Time Warner Cable. The only places with alternative ISPs in my area areleftist shitholes, and those ISPs have ABSURD caps. Download an OS update? OVER THE LINE. Download them vidya gaems or their patches? OVER THE LINE. Don't know how to block ads on all of your web browsers? OVER THE LINE. Watch any streaming video? OVER THE LINE.

The primary cause of unwanted cellular data usage on AT&T is fucking Fecesbook and Twatter auto-loading any and all videos and GIFs posted, whether the user intends to view them or not.

"redditor"

One story I heard was that fibre is worthless as scrap so that's why they replace it. (The other theory probably belongs on /christian/ - it's literally "the light bringer" and luciferian.)

I'm not ready for another exodus

Fucking finally. About time men got ripped off that fucking bread-and-circus umbilical cord.

Vidya is a perfectly acceptable hobby, if done in moderation.

No. It was a Soros plot, actually.

i cant wait until everyone who is currently over 45 years old starts dying off and stops being retards giving idiotic ideas based on fear of technology to naive young people