Pacific Rim: Uprising

Get hype. Next summer can't come soon enough. In the meantime, post your jaegerfu.

Atlantic kaiju confirmed.

Will he ever find his shoe?

I genuinely don't understand why people liked Pacific Rim so much. I watched it and thought the writing sucked. The robots were cool I guess. Is that what all the fuss is about?

i don't get it either. Reminder that there are people who unironically loved Pacific Rim while hating Godzilla 2014

Pass

Alternatively

Simple.
Big robots punching monsters = macho badass
Monsters wrecking stuff = kiddie shit
Years of normie cuckime and cawaddoody brainwashing polarized them into virtue signaling fucknuggets.
The army must always win.
The epic gary stu protags must always win.
The humans must always win.
Always in the cheesiest of ways.

The soundtrack was bland too, thanks to Ramin Djawadi who copy-pasted his work from the Iron Man movie.

yes, that's the only thing of the movie that keeps it afloat. I felt cheated too when I watched it the first time

The robots felt too unrealistic for it to be enjoyable

Fuck off del taco.

Any humanoid giant robot is patently unrealistic as it would be an extremely retarded design full of critical and easily exploited weaknesses that no military that actually wanted to win battles would fuck with.

I look forward to seeing R34 of the Jaegers on /aco/'s clang thread.

Why even bother?

Leaked concept art for the new kaiju.

You live in the era of overdone effects where garbage like transformers is the only constantly shown mech movie series.
Pacific rim was a breath of fresh air.

I liked both, although they are very different other than having large entities wrecking shit. They also both have quite a few problems.

I enjoyed Pacific rim on an entertainment level a little more and appreciated Godzills on an aesthetic and technical level more.

Kino vs flick, to be cancerous about it.

Looking forward to more of both. Niggers better not fuck up Ghidorah though. No major expectations from PR2, so that probably works in it's favor.

Leaked storyboards for the new Jaeger in Pacific Rim 2.

Wish there was more monster mech type robots like pic related. Im not really a fan of mech either, Pacific rim had way too many cannon fodder and the designs were meh at best. Really hated the 2 man crew crap. I do like these too as well. Though the Monster in Muv Luv are OP as fuck. Damn BETA's

DUDE EVANGELION LMAO

The kaiju in the movie never seemed like a threat. More like the humans were full on retards and really really horrible at fighting them. It was a dumb and boring movie with nothing redeemable. I know it's a "dude giant robots vs giant monsters" but no explanation as to WHY THEY WENT WITH GIANT ROBOTS. Then they go out of their way to show that the robots aren't really that good at actually fighting the kaiju and they always just luck out with some ass pull. It felt really pointless to watch the robots punch and throw the kaiju around with no fucking effect just to pad the runtime.

VILE NO!

Deyz a khai jew out dere dis big?! Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttttttttttttttttttttttttt

fuck off with your weebspeak.

Nevar forget

;_;

the first one was garbage. Why would I?

one of the robots will destroy a giant wall and yell "FUCK DRUMPT" during the movie's climax.

Its for the best user. Hollywood would fuck it up so bad

My theory is that it introduced a new generation to kaiju and mechs. While I can respect it on that level the movie is shallow and wish that when people talk about mechs and kaiju they would stop referring to this film.

It felt like it could've been more clever with its homage to kaiju movies. Admittedly the world they set up is interesting but the story and characters are bland as fuck.

tickets preorded.

nope

I agree. Evangelion is at least pretty well executed as a concept with evas and angels. Pacific Rim manages to just drop shit and just be inane.

Dumping webms because fuck the jews

Pacific Rim was a generic action flick with great potential.

I really liked Godzilla 2014, but it pissed me off that they moved him to America then had to have that one shot from the Asian district to remind you he's Jap. Just set the movie in Japan. Americans can't be too retarded for other cultures or subtitles…..I hope.

Pacific Rim's writing and plot was horrendous. The only good part of the movie is the action and the manlet. The world building was pretty decent too.

Why didn't the humans just shoot a nuclear missile down the kaiju's throat to kill them? Their thick and tough bodies would absorb the bulk of the blast so you wouldn't damage populated areas as severely as nuking in the open air, but it would still kill them dead from the inside.

I'll tell you the same shit I told my old ass dad when he asked what's the appeal:

GIANT FUCKING ROBOTS BEATING THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS OUT OF GIANT FUCKING MONSTERS

I also enjoyed GZ'14 too. I thought Bearzilla was very cool and loved how they framed him like he's a natural disaster. People whine about how there's very few actual 'zilla scenes but I always thought that an entire film dedicated to him wrecking shit for hours on end would have been boring. It'd be like constant sex, it looses its appeal eventually. Sometimes you need to take it slow, have a worthy build up like taking your girlfriend to school in the morning, drop a few hints so that's all they could think about for the afternoon, and when they come home you cuddle for a bit before going down on them and maybe using a finger or two if they can take it. Never actually shoving your dick in from the get go, you need to tease 'em for a bit and just when they think the night is over, that's when you have Godzilla wreck shit up. You make that cunny feel every inch of you until you both finish in a glorious climax to end all climaxes. Say what you will about the film but that was a proper finish. That was Godzilla 2014, man.

Next is the sequel. That'd be the proper film for an escalation. True anal action but with copious amount of lube, know what I mean?

I thought it was explained pretty well. Conventional weapons doesn't work and they nuked the first one in Manila ending up with an irradiated zone + the kaiju was toxic as fuck. A controlled kill where people can safely dispose of the body afterwards is the best solution they had. The robots were good at fighting the early scouts, the kaijus that are featured in the film are proper soldier/invader types that have adapted to Jaeger weapons. I think it's why Gypsy didn't use the sword at the start of its new battle, they wanted to keep it secret so the next Kaiju won't have a counter for it.

And I don't know what you mean by the robot punches and throws having no effects.

You talk film the way Gene Shallit fucks. Fierce yet tender.

That's because they nuked it from the outside. They did it wrong. They should have detonated a nuke from inside the kaiju.

How would that not have worked?

No thanks user. I don't want so flat chested, un-toned jewess playing Kiva.

Del Taco doesn't like Trump because he disagrees with his immigration policy.
He realizes a wall won't work, we need giant robots.

I considered the following, it's fucking stupid. Leaves way too much to chance and is very unlikely to succeed. You would need to circle the Kaiju until it opened it's mouth (whilst avoiding it's attacks the entire time) then you would need to deliver the nuclear payload to a relatively small target with perfect accuracy. All the while praying the Kaiju just stands there with his mouth agape the entire time.

I wonder if Godzilla will appear in Pacific Rim 3.

nobody with a brain watched this movie for the plot or writing, they literally only watched it for mechs fighting kaiju.

this user gets it. godzilla was in the original film for roughly the same amount of time as G-14, and the original is considered a classic. fuck the morons that just want explosions for two hours.

>>>/out/

Honestly, my beef is how boring the humans are except for Bryan Cranston's character.

I would much rather see Cthulhu instead - he is in the public domain too, so they don't have to pay the greedy Nips.

;_;

With millions and millions dedicated to that.
Never underestimate the autismo maximo of Del Toro.

I'd like to see them try some original monsters.

stupid

kek

It's not like we have decades of anime that does this a lot better right? No we have to like this because it's better than the rest of hollywood's mecha garbage, even though it's still worse than everything it tries to copy.

Anime isn't the same as a big budget robot movie

You're right anime is a lot better. You dont need token we wuzz, comic relief to pad things out and there's a lot more freedom with the animation.

Gypsy Danger 2.0 vs UltraMan

Damn, I was planning on rewatching it.

Way better than a nuke.

Before humanity had giant robots, kaiju were simply nuked to death (sometimes 2 or 3 times).

This shit is tame by comparison.

JUST NUKE THEM FROM THE INSIDE!

You imagine this is a simple thing to do?

Mankind is full of intelligence and ideas, we could find a way.
Perhaps a self guided nuke that had a large vice grip mechanism built around it. You fire it at a kaiju's head, it pierces the mouth and then the grip mechanism activates, prying open their jaw so the nuke has a clear path inside their body. The bulk of the blast would be absorbed by the thick body of the kaiju, but the damage would totally kill it due to coming from the inside and not outside. Simple biology dictates that the insides would be unprotected, as there is no need to have the sort of armor skin found on the outside of the creatures on the inside organs of the kaiju. They would be totally defenseless.

Makes me want to rewatch Big O.

jesus christ, user, the reason the fictional characters in the fictional pacific rim universe fight kaiju with giant humanoid robots is because the guy who made the movie grew up watching giant humanoid robot cartoons and thought they were cool. stop trying to bring realism into it, you might as well write a dissertation on how Cobra can improve their marksmanship training to better fight GI Joe

Would you mind posting those that look better than these:

I really want to know if I've missed some shit through the years.

Shut down your brain and enjoy, goy.

SHUT DOWN YOUR BRAIN AND ENJOY GOY

I fucking hated the romance shit in the 1st one but hey robots

???

oh I am laffin

I saged because my post wasn't worth the bump. You kids need to learn how to use imageboards.

Lol

Del Toro just wanted to adapt old school robot animes while still being an original IP. The reason he didn't focus on the military being competent is because he didn't want the film to become like Transformers which seemed more like a feature-length military recruitment ad.

Sasha a qt potato pie

Should have nuked sanfran multiple times. Kaiju or not.

Acting and plot were bad, soundtrack was alright but nothing new, but we wanted to watch robots fighting monsters instead of some sort of weird preachy shit and that's what we got. He delivered on the premise and didn't waste time on anything but that.

So by modern movie standards, it's better than average.