The Strain - one more episode edition

The Strain is coming to an end. The final episode will air in a couple of hours, so let's wrap up this shitshow. It was a bumpy ride, some awesome moments, so crigeworthy eye-rolling moments, and anything in between. I'll try to give a rundown of the fourth season so far.

< End of Season 3
The team had finally come up with an actual plan: build a lead coffin laced with silver on the inside and trap the Master in it, then toss it into the ocean: the lead will cut off communication with the Master's minions and the silver will keep him burning.

And the plan actually worked, in what was one of the most awesome scenes they all worked together, trapped him inside and drove off towards the coast. And they would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for that meddling kid, Zach. The little brat detonated a nuke after Eph stabbed his vamp mom, which blew away the coffing, allowed the master to escape, blew up debris into the air to block out the sun, and basically kickstarted the next phase of the Master's plan.

By the start of Season 4 the vampires have won, the first nuke was a signal to detonate a shitton of other nukes all over the world, blocking out the sun with a nuclear winter, allowing vampires to roam the streets pretty much 24/7. Humans have been rounded up and are forced to work for the vampires and "donate" blood.

< Episode 1: The Worm Turns
We start nine months later, with Eph having left New York to get as far away from his piece of shit son, living in Philadelphia instead and doing runs for the local black market, trading medical service for booze and stuff. Of course the more things change, to more stay the same, and after Eph and his friends got busted and taken onto a prison bus, the bus gets blown up by some niggers chimping out against the Even More White Man.

Meanwhile Fet, Quinlan, some chick who's Fet's GF and doesn't really matter drive around with some truckers looking for a nuclear bombs, because if that can't kill the Master, then nothing can. Sadly, their strategy of tracking a nuke silo down is limited to some Russian sounding dude asking random hillbillies for secret government rocket silos, and to no one's surprise this is a completely ineffective strategy that would get them killed if it wasn't for Quin swooping in with blurry speed to cut down the hillbillies.

Naturally it's only a matter of time that they get captured because Quin can't babysit them all the time, but as it turns out the other guy captured just so happens to be a soldier who was working at a nuclear silo. Gee, what a coincidence.

And we can't have a episode without the fucking kid in it. The master takes the little shit out on a hunting trip where Zack shoots a tiger. Apparently shooting an animal that was about to jump you means you have a dark side or something. Even Eichhorst calls BS on that one. Also, Zach keeps either imagining his dead mom, or the Master likes to put on drag and pretend to be her. Or maybe the Master has transferred Kelly's consciousness into another body, it's never really explained

< Episode 2: The Blood Tax
We are back in NY for this episode. Remember last time we saw Gus (the token spic who was soooo relevant to the plot), how he was trying to get out of NY? Well guess what, he's back there and this time he's working in Creem's gang (Creem is the nigger gangster with the silver teeth) for some reason. Creem is the leader, but Gus is a main character, and Creem can't compete with that. Oh boy, I wonder if he's going to betray the group or something.

Meanwhile Dutch is hanging out with Setrakian (aka The Jew, aka The Professor, aka The Pawnbroker), presumably because he and Gus are the only still living main characters she hasn't yet slept with. They both get captured and taken to a concentration camp where one of the blind kid vampires sniff and randomly reeees at people. If it reeees at you (and it does at Dutch), you get taken to the breeding farm. Yes, vampires really like the taste of B+ blood, so they decided to put a literal Nazi in charge of breeding them, because Nazi death work camps were known for their high fertility. Somehow Dutch manages not to get pregnant even after getting pumped full of jizz for months (presumably), but it's really not explained how.

Back to Eph. After his bus got blown up by BLM supporters (need I mention that Eph is the only survivor?) he decides to help one of them when a flying piece of bus debris cut through his leg. After the BLM's hideout got compromised he finds them a new hideout and they hatch a plan to strike at the vampires.

< Episode 3: One Shot
Eph and BLM actually do manage to get enough rat poison and contaminate a tanker full of blood with it, killing thousands of vampires in one attack. This would be quite an achievement, if it wasn't for the fact that they are dealing with fucking vampires who can replenish their lost ranks within a day. All it really did was draw the Master's attention to them. Oops.

Fet and friends do actually get their hands on a nuke after a shootout, but as it turns out all the nukes have been defused, so now they have to find the uranium to go along with it. Well, it is some progress at least.

After shooting a defenseless animal the Master decides to reward Zach, as if a vampire sex slave, and video games up the ass were not enough already. He now also gets a sexy maid who has to clean up his messy NEET cave. Zach tries to hit on her and show up with his pimp moves how he can order the vamps ardound, and she goes along with it because he's giving the poor girl some fresh apples (fresh fruit has become a real luxury).

< Episode 4: New Horizons
Prison drama time! Eichhorst hasn't had The Talk, so he doesn't understand that humans are a horrible species to breed, but as with any good manager, a lack of expertise won't stop him from forcing unrealistic demands upon his employees. Desai (the guy in charge of the breeding farm) is now expected to cut the breeding time in half, so he tries to get Dutch to keep one of the women calm while she's getting a cesarean way too early. When the baby is taken away this backfires massively, she causes a mess and tries to escape, only to be captured at the human-draining facility where all the barren women go to.

After having poisoned the vampires, the Master does what no one had the balls to do and cracks down on BLM. Everyone dies, except for the black woman who is the sister of the guy whom Eph helped out back in episode 1. Eph fills her in on the plot and together they wonder what these "units" the vampires were shipping could have been referring to. Oh boy, I reeeally wonder what types of "units" vampires would be really interested in. My guess it that they were shipping crack around.

Gus and gang have to deal with a rival gang. Being a nigger, Creems solution is to storm them head-on and see who first runs out of people, but Gus has a better idea that actually allows his entire gang to survive instead of dying in a chimp-out. I'm sure Creem will be perfectly fine with having his authority undermined in front of his gang and nothing bad will come out of this.

< Episode 5: Belly of the Beast
Eichhorst is convinced that it was Satrekian who poisoned the vampires. If only all the vampires where some sort of hive-mind and could have let the Master know when they capured Satrekian, but that would be just silly. Instead Eichhorst questiones Dutch who reveals that they had both been captured months ago and that S. was probably already dead. Eichhorst gets upset that he has been deprived of the chance to finally get a taste of that sweet Jew blood after all these decades and storms off to Desai's office. As a matter of (((coincidence))) Setrakian is still alive a sort of experimental medical facility and Eichhorst goes off to have some naughty fun time. Dutch is put into prison, because that worked so well last time. As the prisoners are being told some bullshit to keep them calm, Dutch start handing out free Red Pills and a riot breaks out, allowing her to escape. An alarm is triggered and everyone evacuates the building while she goes off to save Satrekian. When she finds him Eichhorst shows up, but she tosses a makeshift Molotov cocktail at him and escapes with Satrekian. If only Eichhorst had some sort of super-speed powers he could have have dodged it, but luckily for him someone with a flame extinguisher was just around the corner. I guess not everyone takes an evacuation that seriously.

Eph and Harambe a travelling towards the shipping location and come across an abandoned town. They find out that the population had been taken to some sort of farm, and to no one's surprise it turns out to be a human concentration camp. The Master teases Eph through a vampire that the fucking kid is still alive, and Eph decides to personally put an end to the little brat and sets off towards New York.

Team Fet has tracked down a nuke-disarming convoy and attack it to get their hands on the missing components. The truckers finally had enough of this madness and take off, but it doesn't really matter because now Fet and friends have a complete working nuke.

We also get a flashback to Quin living in London and having a sort of family.

< Episode 6: Tained Love
Broken hearts ahead! First we have Zach who decides to stalk his sexy maid, only to find out that she already has a boyfriend and only likes him because he has food. So of course being Zach he decides to send her pet vampire at her and have her sucked dry.

Back to Quin's flashback, a woman during the 19th century was seeking out an immortal in hopes of heaking her dying brother. Quin was unable to do that, but apparently she had a necro fetish, so they stayed fuckbuddies, and he was something as a father to her daughter. When the Master showed up in London Dracula-style Quin was like "don't talk to me or my wife's daughter", but the Master would not be told what to do by a cuck, so he sucked the woman and the daughter dry.

This is the reason why he doesn't want Fet to bring the woman along to New York, but she's like "of course I'm not coming along, I don't have plot armor like you guys", so it's a total non-issue. When Eichhorst tries to shoot down their plane with a turret she shoots him with a sniper rifle, but she gets away before she can take a second shot because she knows that a main character can only be killed by another main character.

< Episode 7: Ouroboros
The master is shitting his pants because a nuke has arrived in New York, so he blows up all the bridges leading to Manhattan, effectively trapping himself on the island. Team Fet crosses over by boat and hid the nuke. Setrakian and Dutch retrieve the Lumen, and all of them mean up with Eph and Harambe. Everyone is back in NY now. Satrekian has been severely weakened from his stay at the camp, so he sends off Eph and Dutch to distill some vampire cum at some meth lab while Harambe stays back with him.

Meanwhile, Creem is getting jealous of Gus and wants to betray the main characters and make a deal with the Master. Of course the Master is no one's bitch and turns Creem instead, getting all the information for free. He sends off Eichhorst and some vampires to the group's hideout.

Setrakian has trouble deciphering the Lumen until he finally finds Jesus (no joking, in this episode he is not even once referred to as "The Jew"), but right then Eichhorst shows up and kills Harambe. Gus and his cousin swoop in and take out the minions instantly, but Gus's cousing is not a main character, so he get killed by Eichhorst. Setrakian stabs Eichhorst from behind, and Eichhorst finally bites Setrakian. But it turns out Setrakian has ODed on blood thinners, poisoning Eichhorst with his blood. The Master completely shits and pisses himself as he watches Setrakian deliver a speech before finally chopping off Eichorst's head.

< Episode 8: Extraction
Eph and Dutch arrive, finding a dead Eichhorst and Setrakian starting to turn. Fet and Quin also show up and inform everyone about the nuke. Setrakian delivers some final instructions before being executed by Quin.

The rest of the episode is the group breaking into the breeding facility to capture Desai so they can get the Master's whereabouts from him. They only have one shot with the nuke.

< Episode 9: The Traitor
Guess who's back? That's right, we couldn't go this long without Zach fucking something up, could we? He just so happens to be looking for Eph, but of course no one trusts him and so they lock him up. They get information out of Desai and Zach independently and the information does match, but they still don't trust him. During a father & son moment Eph and Zach are having a soda and Zach ends up cutting himself on the can. The camera zooms in all dramatically, what could it mean? Thankfully we get spared the drama of "how could you, son?", instead Eph sees right through his bullshit, but he's too chicken to finally shoot the little shit. Instead he informs the rest and they grab their stuff before the vampires can arrive. Of course the Master has since moved away, and he's there to free Zach, only to be furious that Zach has sent the signal too early. He also frees Desai, only to smash his head into a bloody pulp for being a traitor. The group does not find the Master in the Empire Statue Building, but are instead greeted with a huge horde of vampires. And thus ends the ninth episode of the Strain.

I'm almost done season 2. Keep this thread around for like a week.

Wow I lost track of this show after season 2. Been meaning to get back into it for a while.

shit this went under my radar. I should get back on it

BTW just to clarify, the guys who blew up the bus are not actually BLM or a BLM reference, I was just being hyperbolic.

show is big time kike propaganda

Even normalfags were complaining about them laying it on too thick. The moment eph looks at the camp and goes "this is the masters final solution" had me laughing out loud though

This was the one episode I missed, what were Setrakians instructions?

They made so much hype about the Lumen and it seems they never really fuckin needed it. I get they needed it to find the black site in the comic books but come on this pointless use of it in the show, and zach were killing this show. That zach character really ruined this show with almost every scene they used to put him in. From ruining the last seasons final episode with the temper tantrum and nuking the city to this entire season.

And when he tore up the lumen I knew they used it in all the seasons for no reason.

Just download the episode if you missed it. Anyway I watched it but I cant remember either so it's probably one of those "whispers in ear" moments that will get revealed next episode. Maybe they are going to shove the lumen up the masters ass, at least then it will have served its purpose

Oh wait I think I remember the instructions, it was just some bullshit aimed at the group about how they should believe in the power of prayer or something like that.

OP here. One thing I forgot to mention is how now everyone calls the vampires "strigoi", even the propaganda. Originally I thought "strigoi" was simply the word Setrakian uses because he's from a foreign country, but now some Romanian word has become the official term. Just WTF?

He said something about needing to separate the Master from all his collaborators and needing to make an act of self-sacrifice.

Yeah, the most useful the book has been so far was for hitting vampires with its silver covers. So far they haven't learned anything out of the Lumen that they didn't already know or that was self-evident.

I actually didn't mind Zach in the first season, but when they re-cast him in the second season they made sure to make him as hateworthy as possible. If the final episode was just everyone beating the crap out of the little shit for an hour I would be fine with it.

The stream I was watching cut off too early, so I missed that part, so I was wondering WTF everyone was talking about. Yeah, it was so hamfisted, it hurt.

Read the comics and only watched the first two seasons. Really hope it doesn't end like the book, which is complete shit.
Also remember the 6 million

Shit like this triggers me. The entire premise of the show. Its like 30 days of Night, but even dumber.

Hey guise, wouldnt it be cool if the entire premise of our story was based off jacking it to Conservation of Ninjustu as hard as possible?

Fuck everything related to this crap.

"Season 1" A single Vamp ends the entire world because magic….but duh udder vemps hab an ansuuuur tur dat.

No. Fuck that. War is over, fuck off.

30 Days of Night

Loo stoopid hoomin eid guns cant do shit.

Until everybody but the hero and friends are dead. Then suddenly guns are useful and can hurt things.

Do they lighten up on the mystical kike crap in the later seasons. I only saw season 1 and that was pretty much enough.

Oh so what, teethy peeps are immune to nukes now?

Fuck this shit.

please watch the episode before saying dumb shit like this

The coffin was not hit by the nuke directly (and it was just a suitcase-sized nuke). The blast of the explosion knocked the coffin off the cart and smashed it into a wall, opening it and allowing the Master to get out of it.

I'm not going to argue that it's stupid how Quinlan was able to take a blastwave to the face, or whether this explosion size was realistic, but it's not like the Master took a nuke to the face. He even used a nuke to kill the other Ancients, and he has been sending his minions to dismantle all of the US's nuclear weapons, so it is safe to assume that he is anything but immune to nukes.

Eh, there is the ancient book called the Occido Lumen which is the key to everything, but it doesn't really go anywhere.

I have no idea what you're trying to say.

Shit is totally pozzed and full of kike propaganda going full on "muh shoah" for almost entire episodes. I honestly only still watch it just to see how this fucking shitshow ends.

Fugg

No. I would argue that the show gets worse and good in points. It drags certain plot arcs that need to be scuttled in a shtf situation they are in. The shtf is handled well, the character dramas kill it.

Same here, I was actually going to stop but then I heard this was the last season. So far it looks like it will have a pretty shit ending

couldn't stand that old man with a sword, ruined the whole thing

>>>/reddit/

Did you forget Gus? The first few seasons he was the major drag.

Did you forget where you are at nigger?

only watched 1st season, I liked the russian, the whore girl and the nazi vampire, if they eliminated the old man and the cuck lead the show would have been watchable

The finale was about what I expected, what a shit ending. With the previous episodes I dont see how it couldnt have been shit though. Truckload of silver is abandoned and never brought up again and zack is still a shit character. Entire episode felt rushed as fuck and who the fuck cares about a city in that situation. Guess that showing a destroyed new york city was too much. How about the rest of the world? You just hear a few bits and pieces and thats it

The reddit is palpable.

Watching right now

Have to give them props for that little detail. I wonder if it was improv?

I love this show
please don't disappear until i finish, thread

Finished yet?

yep finished, the ending was really rushed albeit less retarded than in the books.

How retarded was it in the books, I remember reading shit about how the master and similar vampires are fallen angels or some shit, do they use the lumen to banish him from existence?

The ending has no religious tones, the Lumens have no function whatsoever in the ending it is totally forgotten the moment the old kike dies.