VICTORY

independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/ttip-trade-deal-agreement-failed-brexit-latest-news-eu-us-germany-vice-chancellor-a7213876.html

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/business/2016/aug/30/france-demands-end-to-ttip-trade-talks-matthias-fekl
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

NOICE!

Good for Europe.
Now we just have to hope that the UK doesn't go and sign an even worse deal on its own.

The future is so bright, you don't need cyber eyes to see it

What's the status of TPP?

Still planned. King Nigger will probably pass it, and if he doesn't, Shrillary will.

Hilarious. They're all trying to fuck each other over in the final details so they can't agree on anything.

Sounds familiar.

this meme is biased, imo

Wut

I don't know if they will with TTIP dead in the water. TPP with TTIP allowed European jobs to be shipped out to Asia as long as the corporation relocated on of its offices to the US. With TTIP kill the US stands to lose a lot more under just TPP. At least with the situation I described above the European corporations would have had to be based in the US as there was no direct deal between Europe and Asia, so the US would have seen increased corporation tax revenue. None of this was ever stated, but had both deals gone through there would have been nothing to stop it. So given this I don't expect we've seen the last of it. But given no agreement has been reached on any of the issues, I'm optimistic.

i don't get it.
gabriel always shilled for ttip so badly you wouldn't believe it. he probably just keeps eating the final contracts.

Nice.

Now we wait while they rehash it again under a new name in a few years!

Chances are the EU won't be around then. And this wouldn't be a bad thing. Here's what the EU thinks of transparency and democracy. Fuck em.

So basically TPP might die too? Hopefully they at the very least don't vote on it during the lame duck session.

Maybe this thread should be general trade deal news?

If I'm right the US would be suicidal to TPP. But then the people making the decisions are international capitalists so likely don't give two fucks about the US' long term prospects. Signing the deal will get them a sweet spot on the board of the new Vietnamese company that takes manufacturing from the US and pays $1/hour.

Agreed. TPP can still be kill but people need to really start kicking and screaming. A Clinton advisor came out and said straight that Clinton, despite her noises to the contrary, will sign this deal if in office. Even if you all hate Trump you should hammer home that he is anti-TPP and force Clinton's hand.

I anything, depending how greedy the porkies get, and how much they would want to screw each other over, and I'm talking about ones not involved in the deal. I hear Ford was complaining about it sometime ago?

Also, yes, this should be a new thread. Now it doesn't seem as set in stone as before, I think it would be appropriate. I would also argue that congressional elections are more important, to a degree, since they will be the ones that ultimately decide if this thing gets ratified.

This is the one thing that sort of makes me want to see a Trump presidency, if only to have insurance. Then again, those aforementioned congressional votes matter allot.

I'm betting it gets passed during lame duck session. Saves Hillary from dealing with the political fallout from democrat base.

bump

I really hope America has finally gotten too big for its own boots and pissed off the eurocrats and Europe can start to drift away from them a little.

update

theguardian.com/business/2016/aug/30/france-demands-end-to-ttip-trade-talks-matthias-fekl

Can this be a dancing, celebration thread? Or is it too soon?

Someone still needs to twist the blade but I think it is about done. Apparently they've not reached agreement on a single one of the 20+ chapters.

Here's some of the chapters. Good luck trying to read em though.

Hows TPP looking?