FIM 2010-2011

What made this shit spark so brightly?
What was unique, good, refreshing about it? if at all?

Was it the first high fantasy adventure/sitcom hybrid done less shit? with some decently eloquent dialogue?
Was it the first character-driven cartoon which utilized its characters correctly as individuals and as a team? without focusing on their combat efforts and the monsters, villains? without the story's plot taking focus away from the characters?
Was it this 1 thick visual design alone by L. Faust?
Was it because it originally was a 10 minute comedy shorts and thus stretching out the plots to 21 minutes made it better? Was it the huge amount of dialogue and the horses interacting between them that made it fun?

Here's some unfitting music while we discuss:
youtube.com/watch?v=K0QJA-uHUVg

It's all because some 4chan users took the piss

It was average show that came out during an era of shit, people were desperate for cartoons that weren't entirely ADHD bullshit and wanted cartoons that had some resemblance to a plot.

That is still true in the year 2017. We have not escaped the decade of autism yet.

It's because it's basically a slice of life harem anime where nerds get to self-insert/fantasize about being in its world.

mm indeed. they always take the piss. 10/10 toast

i'd stretch out their pony plots if you know what i mean

There were multiple reason that it blew up, and it is quite amusing, really:
as and said, people were pretending to like it as a joke and were prompted to check it out, finding out they liked it, and that led to two things happening: people really liked it, and there are multiple theories for this, to the big eyes to and people started to base their identities around it. (And attach themselves to the libertarian right and the right in general like a cancer, they hurt their image more than the anime right, heh.). In turn this caused communities to form around it as most people didn't want to have anything to do with it and heavily disliked it, this was also around the time that the neckbeards and other fedora-like culture became the new boogeyman of people who thought they were alpha because they spend their time making fun of others on the internet. The fact there was this much vitriol towards the bronies caused many trolls to take up the persona of brony just to get a rise out of internet tough guys and people who thought they were too cool for school. The communities, despite being reportedly toxic attracted all kinds of social rejects and became known as a haven that would not reject anyone.
TL;DR: NONCOMFORING CONFORMITY

A lot of the reason Holla Forums was into it back in the day was because it was (and still is now that Wander and Jack are gone) the last trace of the early 2000s quality Cartoon-Cartoons before they were wiped away by the nu-Calarts grinning potato style. It's even more sad that the My Little Pony movie is probably going to be the last 2D animated movie to ever get a major theatrical release.

I remember the days when instead of asking if something is "the new MLP" people were asking if MLP was going to be the new Avatar the Last Airbender. It was a huge confluence of Holla Forums, Holla Forums and a little /tg/ autism that made it take off.

They would have made it CG if they could

which pony would you hug?

So we're just gonna have pony threads now?

I don't see why not, it is a cartoon. This isn't cuckchan.

Sometimes you need a less insular viewpoint than /pone/

Well, I can certainly give how I got into the series.

First off, you have to understand just what a shit time 2010 was for cartoons. Johnny Test and a bunch of cheap shitty Canadian cartoons were flooding the market, Spongebob's Corpse was still twitching, Problem Solverz started playing commercials and CN real was a thing.

One of the most important things to remember about 2010 though, was that honest to goodness bro culture was not only prevalent, but getting it's shit in everything. Call of Duty was dragging games through the Brown/Bloom phase and life was just generally shitty. I was already at the point of stating that as soon as a series came out that actually looked like it used color I'd follow it.

Then I, like many others, see threads for the MLP relaunch on half-co. Not only do I see them, but they hit the reply cap and instantly start up again. Something that was extremely rare at the time. So I decided to give the show a watch and was more or less hooked before the storybook intro was over. I was STARVING for a high fantasy setting, and this had that added bonus of not sucking. Even their fashioned obsessed girl character wasn't shit, a feat never before achieved and as yet never repeated.

That and the show seems custom made to make meme's out of, and its mere existence more or less took the piss out of the hyper machismo fuckers in frats before they got their feminist training in college and became the beta cucks we make fun of today.

And, lets face it, they're adorable. Moe does nothing for me, so I need another emotional crutch to put feelings of trust and affection onto since IRL females are the worst.

Kill yourself
>>>/pone/

You first.

This isn't your blog user.

Oh joy
>>>/pone/

>>>/pone/

What are you talking about here? You're on point for most of it but there were more social-liberals from this show than not. In fact, some became more left-wing as a result of this slightly-better than mediocre show.

It is relevant.

His post does describe some facts about how this became popular, such as that bit about 4/co/.
Anyway, all the hipsters left the show and now it's full of autists and retards. The show is absolute shit now and anyone who unironically enjoys watching it should be gassed.

Same with "furries", you can't even discuss certain cartoons in Holla Forums without being banned for "furry".

It's a canadian cartoon written by americans.
It has thick designs made in Flash - most canadian flash cartoons have giant bobbly heads on stick figures.
The cutesy soundtrack full of character themes
It originally was an adventure cartoon show, before the jews said NO. "Sitcoms for children are hot now!!" This is a toy commercial, so make Rarity be somewhat likable by giving her songs and make her create dresses, despite nobody fucking caring about her and hating her along with the other girly ponies.
It originally wasn't so girly and dumb, but girly ponies like Rarity got mandated by Hasbro. Fluttershy's retarded motherly speeches and the moral letters couldn't be written out without getting fired.

[spoiler]-The voice actors, the storyboarders and even the animators put in extra effort into the production. Seems like Faust and Rob Renzetti uplifted the morale and standards of the team. Except for some people
(James Wootton and Chris Savino) which kept insisting on garbage humour.
It proved that the garbage voice actors who used to do dubs for anime and voice act in MLP's G3 could manage to do quality in-character voices with tons of degree of emotions. Even Tara Strong, who's a complete hack managed to sound a respectful, eloquent and decent human being rather than a braindead hooker or a hyperactive bubblehead like most of her acting roles.
[/spoiler]
You know, 1 thing Hotwheels could have did before he passed away. Was to add invisible/expanding spoilers, so I don't have to make textwalls full of black screens. For fucks sake.

Looking at the pitch bible and the 2parter, it originally was an adventure cartoon show with a lot of substance, but some retards at Hasbro were too cheap and ego-centric to allow Renzetti, Paul Rudish and Faust to create real story-arcs about the Everfree Forest, Celestia, Luna, Twilight's connection to them, space adventure battles, lore, history, villains.
So everyone thought that by season 2, Hasbro is going to allow Lauren & co more freedom. Wrong they were, when Mike Vogel took over everything.
Hey could have been worse. Faust&co could have been given freedom only over the first 5 episodes, while the next 21 or so episodes would be micro-managed by Hasbro.
Same thing that happened to Thundercats 2010. Good pilot movie, horrible series.

As long as /pone/ and /mlp/ don't post in this thread. Their views haven't changed in 7 years. They're the same Holla Forumstards who got banned way back in October 2010 and February 2011, they're entitled shitposters.

>>>/oven/

It wasn't that shit. All you had to do back then was look under the shit to see the gold.

We had Wakfu, Motorcity, Symbionic-Titan, Generator Rex, Randy Cunningham.
Everyone forgets Wakfu also did thick designs animated in Flash first before FIM did it.

It was great only for reaction images and sometimes quality animation loops. That's because the storyboarders gave a fuck. That's why the youtube parodies/trailers/pmvs were also so well synced. The characters emoted and moved properly, making them match any context with their good acting.

In seasons 2-7 you have the choppiest loops possible and no more transitions and upclose camera views and 24 degree of expressions in 1 frame. You could grab at least 150 reaction images out of 1 episode alone. Because the expressions slowly transitioned from one to the other, they didn't skip on it like they do it now.

Yes, the art style did catch everyone's attention. They weren't fat hippos, stick figures(Bratz, EqG, Monster High), they had some decently intellectual looking faces. They weren't ugly like Snips and Snail and most male ponies with their retarded snouts.

Unfortunately there's still a huge amount of problems with it from Faust and the writers's lack of movie talent and Hasbro's constant undermining of their efforts.

He's a summer fag that wrote a blog post about mlp, while using [spoiler]. Did you honestly expect any actual value?

Hey faggot >>>/pone/ your den is that way.

That's what you have a problem with?

Few people know about it before the Zone flash made it popular

Motorcity(cancelled) and Randy Cunningham(cancelled) lack of popularity despise being good cartoons is because of Disney incompetence to promote their cartoons. Symbionic-Titan(cancelled) we all know the history of cartoon network stupidity as for Generator Rex(ended) i really don’t know.

In 2010 we also had Futurama's season 6, Archer, Mystery Inc (scooby doo's reboot), Thundercats reboot, The Looney Tunes Show, Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes, Young Justice and Transformers Prime.
I don't know if these were considered good or mediocre. I found Ben 10 Alien Force mediocre, same for the Green Lantern TAS and the Star Wars CGI by George Lucas. Too much talking and bad talking too.

Dan Vs instead was good. Was a fun and refreshing concept. It served nicely for 3 seasons. Wish it was animated better and got more popularity on The Hub instead of Animaniacs and Batman.

Pound Puppies, by the same creators behind Disney's Recess unfortunately was too boring, but deserved at least as many frequent threads as Littlest Pet Shop.
Pound Puppies had an interesting turn of events during production. Hasbro, the cheapest company known to mankind, ended up firing the original animation team and stroke a deal with Dhx Media to animate all of their toy commercials, which drastically improved the art style and animation. The show had to suffer 5 months of hiatus, but it came out animated properly.

Xiaolin Chronicles, but that didn't come until 2013 and it was very mediocre.

This cartoon show was honestly hypocritical as shit if you bothered looking at the characters' motivations with the ending morals and how they contradict.

Were their virtues some sort of insider writer's joke? None of their virtues match.

I don't think they have any virtues at all, all 6 of them are horrible pony beings, once you get to know them.

These dumb image macros give me nostalgia.