What went wrong?

it started off so nicely…

BBC becoming uber Leftist happened. The same thing killed Top Gear and Dr. Who.
Have you watched S04E00? It's a Feminist shitshow.

Weren't there only three episodes in the first series?
The second episode, I think, was fucking awful.
Then the second series happened, and it tried way too hard and pandered to the (wrong kind of) audience.

the moment that faggot took out a fucking """""""""smart"""""""""""phone while playing Sherlock Holmes is when everyone associated with this piece of shit should have been gassed

it was never good and stupid idea to begin with
OP, as usual, is a complete faggot

The show turned into shit when it became successful. It ended up looking like a glorified series of fanfictions.

which kind of audience was that?

The female audience, in particular the females on Tumblr and write gay fanfiction about Sherlock & Dr. Watson.
Their only knowledge of Sherlock Holmes comes from this show - they are not going to read the actual stories, or watch the good, old adaptions.

Yes, the second episode was complete trash.

Women were a mistake

Black Sherlock when?

First and Second series were great. Felt like a modern day adaptation of Sherlock for the most part, solving mysteries that were for the most part disconnected. Sherlock is not really the same character but he is enjoyably smarmy and autistic. Series 3 and 4 is where shit went off the wagon for several reasons:

Overt Tumblr dogwhistling with shit like the sherlock club and the drunk sherlock shit and a lot more stuff about sherlock and watsons relationship that simply adds nothing, just a wink to the hambeast audience

Moffat thinks we care about Mary Moorsden as much as we do, she is the River Song of Sherlock - a "badass" poorly written female character who ball busts all the men on screen and is in it far too much. She's prominent in series 3 which is where she should've stayed, but instead we get a whole Mary episode in Series 4 and she manages to show up in the other two episode two despite being dead.

Series 4 is a particular offender. 1 + 2 managed to blend the comedy and seriousness rather well to keep it light-hearted but it gets full on dark and brooding toward the end with everyone all sour faced, last episode is a truly fucking miserable watch. The Jimmy Saville stand-in was a bit much too, dunno who at the BBC signed off on that. It's actually embarrassing how overly dramatic it gets at times.

Mary being a spy was tolerable, but a secret holmes sister who runs a SAW chamber from within a top secret prison and oh look she has tapes of Moriarty for no reason is a bit hard to swallow. Instead of just solving cases it has to be about the characters and some made up bullshit, Moffat can't grasp what a serial is. Doesn't help that a third of the episodes are finales due to how the show works so a third of the episodes are super high stakes shit that ratchets it up to insane degrees (really only a problem in series 4)

That's pretty much why it went downhill. You can blame Tumblr for some of it but honestly Moffat is an awful showrunner who needs to be reigned in because he will write in shit he likes at the expense of the overall entertainment value of the show

A good post that uses spoilers correctly on my Holla Forums?
I am simply amazed

Forgetting best one are we?

this basically

It's another one of 4 or 5 shitty shows banking off an irritating Sherlock Holmes fad, that's what went wrong.

It was never good to begin with.

Moffat discovered Tumblr. They used up the big Arthur Conan Doyle novels pretty fast, and had to rely more on short stories and fanfiction for the later series.

Basically Moffet should never allowed to write more than two episodes a season of any show besides possibly sitcoms. He rams his head too far up his ass trying to show how "clever" a writer he is otherwise.

Also needs a tough exe producer that will stop him from wasting money on overly elaborate sequences that don't actually do anything for the plot of an episode.

the first season of Elementary was better than the rdj homes.

In fact Elementary is one of the better modern adaptations in quite a while simply because it doesn't spend every second of every episode sucking off Sherlock and telling us how amazing he is.

this show is absolute shit

no sher, shitlock

It really didn't. It started off mediocre and got even worse.
First episode has nice ideas, but a retarded villain that claims himself a genious. Worst part, Sherlock acts like a retard too.
Second episode was about chinamen??? I don't remember it, it was boring.
Third episode ended on a clifhanger and introduced Gay Moriarty, the worst part of the show.
First episode I really liked, Irene Adler should be the character that fucks Sherlock up in some way.
Second episode is fucking shit, nerve gas, really?. It also introduced MIND PALACE, Sherlock's superpower.
Third episode sounds cool in concept until you realise that the british government knows for sure that Sherlock is legit and could confirm it at any moment. It's just there for a cliffhanger ending.
First episode I remember little about other than that the reason for Sherlock surviving was stupid as fuck.
Second episode's mystery was that some guy was STABBING PEOPLE WITH A SWORD, and not only did they not FEEL IT, they also took about FIVE HOURS until bleeding to death. It's fucking retarded.
Third episode involves a super cool blackmailer who HAS NO EVIDENCE AT ALL FOR ANY OF HIS CLAIMS, and keeps it all in his head. So Sherlock does the reasonable thing and makes the inside of his head the outside. It is very much out of character, since Watson is the impulsive one, has his wife's life on the line and brought a fucking gun there, but nooooo, Sherlock has to act out of character. Completely moronic.
Wow, let's take a story about KKK, make it about feminism and make them the good guys. Also involves more of the omnipotent Sherlock.
First episode is Mary episode, and that's shit. Watson's grunt made me think he was shitting his pants and I literally had a laughing fit for four minutes during a supposedly tragic scene.
Episode 2 tried to do the same thing 2.03 did, but fails miserably.
Episode 3 is HOT GARBAGE. It turns into a Saw movie for thirty minutes, the twist is not only predictable but also stupid and none of it makes sense.

There, I just remembered every last episode and realised I only liked one of them.
Here. have some vids of Mary bing the Flash and Watson's great acting.

I honestly think the acting from cumbearbatch and the watson guy is good but the rest of the cast is bloody awful

HAHAHAHA

THE ONLY ROLE CUMBERBATCH HASNT LOOKED LIKE A PENIS WAS THAT CAPESHIT MOVIE

I stopped watching after Sherlock & Moriarity "died" in Riechenbach Falls, what happened to the show? Stick to facts please,without using buzzwords like "leftist", "SJW", "poz", "marxism", all that alt-reddit shit.

SHERCUCKED

The tv special about stronk wymyn uprising should of tipped you off.

You left off at the high point of the series.

Series 3 is worse but still very watchable, it just needed more plot and less character development. Lots of pandering to the Tumblr crowd.

The special is preachy trash, didn't hold my attention and it ends up being all a dream anyway.

Series 4 is not worth watching, jumps the shark completely and takes two episodes to resolve Series 3's cliffhanger (which teased more Moriarty which you don't even get) Sherlock and Watson aren't on good terms anymore which completely fucks up the dynamic just so things can be "darker". Final episode was pure trash. In the bin to be honest.

that's how real life is. Have you seen a person in grief? They look ridiculous. "pretty crying" is a hollywood invention