Disney the Entertainment Monopoly

Disney entertainment monopoly breakup when?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_assets_owned_by_Disney#Former_assets
twitter.com/AnonBabble

When the stars are right.

One by one

>(((Disney)))
Pick one OP.

I feel that something is coming. I feel more people are getting tired of their generic trash heaps and their megacorporation tendancies.

Plus more and more people are waking up to their copyright hoarding. As long as people keep bringing up all the shitty things they do something like that'll happen eventually.

They tried that in the 90's and all Disney did was offer up Micheal Eisner as a sacrificial lamb.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_assets_owned_by_Disney#Former_assets

Fired for:
Probably doing something like free trips for Kermit to see sick kids in hospital and missing a couple meetings. They'll never say what the practices were as he'd be given full support by the planet.
He was upset over changes they were making to Kermit, so they were probably trying to market him more to earn more shekels off their (((Not-for-profit)))

How do we stop Disney?

I think a good start is to make it clear to the few companies that remain independent of Disney if they sell out, a large portion of their customers will stop giving them money. Of course, knowing Disney they'd probably change them to apeal to a "wider audience".

right after the copyright on mickey mouse expires

To be renewed again

On individual level, don't sell them any of your IPs. Besides that, government would have to start doing something about unethical business practices and bribery.

It was predominantly due to economical pressure and general survival. People wanted better lives and to see the relatives that they were separated from. In satellite countries (East Germany, Poland, Yugoslavia, etc) there was a good amount of entertainment from outside of Iron Curtain available in 1970s and 1980s, as long as it made it past censors. And if it didn't, you could get tapes from smugglers at your local bazaar. My parents grew up in a commie country and they watched Donald Duck, Bruce Lee films, westerns, and many other foreign stuff.
Americans are completely clueless about life under soviet regime, and instead of learning they just make shit up based on news from North Korea and 1984 cliff notes.

user. They're entire commercial aggressive formula was based around trying to screw Warner and Universal at every turn. You can't have monopoly when there are other chess pieces on the field.

Spread the word to others its time disney get broken up. They are taking properties and shitting them up. People will be responsive to a movement if it had competent people going after disney like gamergate had people like sargon going after anita and others and making content.

I used to like disney, disney adventures mag, disney movies, disney world, disney games. Disney can be good, but it needs the lash, the ax, and a lot of punishment. Divorce the theme park from the hollywood studios, break up their control of the IP's, and etc.

Never. It's too big, you can't tear them down legally, all you can do is try to make something bigger to negate them.

I feel pretty good that I've never actually bought anything Disney oriented.

At this point, I would honestly be in favor of Disney being given an exemption from copyright expiration on the condition that they don't keep lobbying to push the date for literally everything else back. It's bullshit that they're continuously trying to freeze the public domain so that Steamboat Willy doesn't enter it.

Yeah, it's just an Oligopoly. Needs busted anyway.

Not to rain on your parade dude but this is bigger than something like Gamergate. Anita was just one person, Disney is a massive corporation. It would need lots of cooperation and fighting in the long term.

If that is done than can the copyright expiration date be reduced so other companies won't abuse other people with copyright law?

Honestly the only thing that could stop them at this point is the goverment getting involved. Which they won't. The goverment bends backwards for mega corporations. Without them, what little tape holds the american economy will go to shit and then we'll all suffer. But something has to stop them. No company or man should ever be able to own so many proporties and hold so much wealth. Monopolies should be illegal.

They are.

They are, Disney is an entertainment company making movies and other shit for tv, they are a low priority for the government.

That's not how it's going to happen. They are going to drive each and every one of their IPs into the ground, and new, independent IPs are going to rise to take their place, which will then be bought by Disney and driven into the ground.

Rinse and repeat. Welcome to the new world.

Well then they sure foun a good loophole to make a monopoly. What exactly qualifies as a monopoly then, if something like Disney isn't legally a monopoly?

When a single entity owns an entire industry. They can't have a monopoly when Fox, Warner, and Universal try to short cut them at every turn. At monopoly would be only Disney movies at the theater.

Then there should be something that includes pseudo-monopolies and mega corporations. This is a new world we're living it, and someone has to introduce a way to tame these mega corporations.

As long as the Chinese keep making thrm it'll never happen.

It doesn't help the Disney keeps getting the copyright laws changed so they can keep Mickey and others out of public domain. Even if he did lose copyright protection, trademark laws would still likely keep anyone from ever using him, essentially keeping their biggest moneymakers forever in their grasp.

They got into arguments over how Kermit would act. He was saying that Kermit wouldn't lie to his nephew about why he split up with Piggy, that he would know that telling a child the truth is important, rather than saving his feelings. The writers complained about being told how to do their job and now we see what we see here.

Keep lying to your children, goys. The truth hurts, don't you know.

Irrelevant. This isnt the 1980's. A competent person with a camera and internet connection can now reach millions. A handful of competent dedicated people will create a massive movement. Everyone already knows, but content producers like pewdiepie or E;R (youtuber critical of the force awakens) have huge influence now especially on younger people. Disney has to spend millions and pay many people to create content to reach millions because it is legacy media.

One person who has a sense of humor and a draw can create massive headaches to these souless conglomerates.

When Holla Forums rises

Disney has too much hold on Congress to do anything

Again irrelevant at least in longer terms. You need to do the work to make the environment critical of disney. Since no one has bothered to target them obviously right now, yes they have too much pull in congress. Once competitors like WB see blood they will pile on in congress.

Well you're not going to get anywhere if you stick around here.

That'll never take off.

Even before China started going all industrial-capitalist, the people there were still able to bootleg ANYTHING from outside as long as you do not try to openly sell those things or to publicly voice discontent that you couldn't make a real business out of selling said stuff.

That waking up needs to be faster if people are going to intercept Disney trying to brute-force copyright extension this year or at least before 2023.

Or, you know, not voting in do-nothing fat cats and letting them think they're doing a good job.

So what happens if Steamboat Willy goes public domain?
Do they lose the rights to Mickey Mouse (even thought they still use him) or does the film just become free for anyone to use?

they could keep the trademark at the very least

We watch them slowly die by the festering wound called ESPN.

I am simply reminding anons we are in a different era and disney isnt impenetrable anymore. It is actually very weak and overburdened with its own size. So this feeling of dispair is unfounded and completely self created.

People that are sick of disney can actually get a large enough following to take down the beheamoth. Just look at how many similar sentiments are on this small thread in this somewhat obscure site. Just dont attack artists that want to create good stuff because they are affiliated or managed by disney as that triggers defenses, and dont show copyright material so they can take you down. Eventually if it picks up enough steam all the sins of the company this large, politically powerful, and corrupt are going to come out. I wouldnt be surprised if pizzagate or child abuse of its disney child stars by head honchos pop up.

I've heard that Russia does not recognise Disney's Mickey Mouse copyright.
Are there any bootleg Russian Mickey Mouse comics and cartoons now that we can storytime or link?

No longer most profitable part?

Why do normalfags believe that Disney can do no wrong? You can show them all the awful and illegal shit they did and are still doing but you either get flat out denial or the "Yeah but they made our childhoods great" response.

Eventually the execs over at Disney are going to fuck up. Pic related is a joke but they'll likely try something this in the near future and end up pissing off a bunch of parents of little children. That would be the point to really hammer home like how suggests.

There are rumors that basically very child/teen star on Disney Channel has been molested by execs, unfortunately it wouldn't surprise me if Disney had a casting couch of it's own and that many parents would gladly whore out their own flesh and blood for money and fame.

Hollywood is a festering pit of corruption. Of course one of the top dogs would be behind the worst shadiest shit. And they'll keep getting away with it. Because no one has the balls or power to stand up to them. This is why we need a new plague. Wipe out the degeneracy and corruption of this earth. Tear down the tower and watch it crumble to dust.

They'd be busy selling us a $50k vaccine.

At this point, Dan Schneider's pictures point to more than just a rumor.

iirc, the girl who played Sam in ICarly had some vague tweets that really suggested he screwed her up.

Big monopolies are like that because there's no one to truly challenge them with products whose soul the monopoly can't reproduce. Sooner or later, all of them will make moves that are increasingly "safe" sounding to the execs while some smaller company does just fine in their own little thing, until the company collapses over unstable business practices and either fractures into subdivisions or is bought bit by bit by other Jews and companies.

Do you have those tweets?

Is that why these cartoons keep having younger and younger stars in them?

Ah, apparently they're not tweets. They're vines. There's this one, and another one she made right after where she's showing off her bruises.

Jesus

Like?

Isn't that bestiality?

When Bob Iger dies. The disneys who are still alive have no influence on the company. The company itself is a shell of its former shelf, riding on the namesakes of their creative past and others' IPs.

Only recently striking gold with a few new movies.

They have too many good boy points with the government producing propaganda for the elites to keep the masses quelled.

tl;dr they will eventually die when Mickey Mouse's copyrights cant be extended any further, and they start losing their IPs. Though honestly, I see mismanagement killing them faster.

Disneyland's quality has taken a dive since Disney's nephew, Roy died. (aka, last disney in the company) and quality went down the shitter when Steve Jobs died (love him or hate him, he did keep Pixar in line, name one good pixar movie since before his cancer made him unable to work)

Given that cancer is already taking over their acquired IPs (sjw's) it's only a matter of time before those pieces of shit take over the helm when Iger dies, and run the company into the ground. They're already on thin ice with the family crowd for pushing homosexual agendas in their latest movies.

I can tell you already disney is not giving a shit about its older properties unless it can remake them.

Toon Town at disneyland is a fucking mess, the rest of the park is well maintained and kept clean.

leaves in the ponds, dirt, leaves in the now unused trolly car tracks, etc. Toon Town was supposed to be wiped out but for some reason they kept it at the last minute.

But instead it's pretty much neglected.

The food quality at the parks is fucking horrible. I believe the same company that makes food for prisons and schools makes the food for disneyland for the most part (Sysco) Enjoy a $12 hamburger, oh and ticket prices just keep rising. They even have rides sponsored with advertisements (they're subtle but they're there)

Disney is getting cheaper and they charge more. However, when Gen Z has kids, those kids will not give a fuck about the mouse. Disney will still be around, but will have far less influence. Most of the disney fans I know are people my age or at least, were born before 1996. Where they grew up with Disney's second animation revival.

This is why disney is clamoring to buy up IPs.

Muppets will die, no one under the age of 25 gives a fuck about the muppets other than kermit is that frog puppet who watched the 2 girls 1 cup video.

Marvel is killing itself so badly and trying so hard to appeal to new audiences that I wouldnt be shocked if the comics division shuts down in 10 years. The movies will still have influence. Expect to see constant rehashes of the same shit and in 20 years, some nostalgia remakes for the gen Z kids and whatever the 4-10 year old generation is called now. Kids love the marvel movies.

Star Wars is still a beast, but give it 2 generations. Disney is doing a great job alienating the older fans and giving the younger fans not much to grab onto.

I wouldnt be shocked if the Chinese end up buying Disney in the end. China is coming into the animation and movie market with a vengeance, and doing it so subtly that you probably haven't noticed. (They already own half of hollywood as investors who own huge percentages of stock in major production companies, and even own a few of them)

Not to mention they have already have had a hand in Disney's live action remakes. There's a reason Chinese Disneyland is getting better rides than Disney World or any other Disney park. The Chinese are their next market

Part of it is propaganda to make hollywood seem like its bigger and badder than it really is.
No one talks about Reagan bombing the gas pipeline that the USSR used to sell gas to Europe, which was the straw that broke the camel's back. Most of the USSR's undoing was its own incompetence. It floors me that people think that western media had anything to do with it, as if these poor commies had no idea how the world worked outside their country and as if they were so blissfully unaware that their situation sucked.

Gee comrade, starving sure is normal. Yep, sure is great not being able to freely travel.

If we bitch, we get sent to prison, which is a death sentence. Better just play ball.

They could listen to western propaganda all day and it wouldn't make a difference.

Wow they ditched DiC, power rangers, and Radio Disney.

It's funny I remember running into a funny problem back when I was setting up a house near some radio towers, and Radio Disney was on. That was october of 2015, it died in december.

Radio's dead anyway, and if it means disney will stop creating shitty fake pop groups, I'm happy with that divestment.

oh to add to this: a lot of people in my age group are parents and are getting unnerved by the sjw shit creeping into disney media. Even the liberal ones.

I wouldn't even give SW a lifetime of 2 generations. It's pretty clear that they have no vision or plan what to do with the universe.
Rogue One had major reshoots, the Han Solo movie just had it's directors booted and what's known of TLJ shows they have long term plans for the sequel triology save for Jew Jew shaking his mystery box.

There was a guy on Holla Forums a few moths back who alleged to have worked in Hollywood (I know >larping >autism) who said that the place became a terminal shithole after the Chinese started throwing money around and the gay mafia took over at the same time.
Hollywood became shit because they need to pander to soulless ant people.

There are too many Niggers for it to be just that.

More like Single Mother Crowds. Disney doesn't represent family anything these days. And I find it annoying how Single Mothers bitch about the homosexual agendas, but of course they got nothing bad to say about Disney's:

- Multiculturalism/Diversity propaganda in their animated films.

- Gynocentric propaganda in their animated films.

The second one of course women adore because it kisses their asses. Disney movies these days reek of Estrogen to a sickening degree that if you are a father and have control over what your son watches? Ban Disney's shit from their minds. Then again, Disney is not the only guilty company. I'm so sick of the Pro-Female/Anti-Male garbage in media.

But does E;R really have that much influence? I know the guy's gotten more popular lately but I don't think he's pewdiepie levels of relevance where everyone and their mother with a computer knows who he is.

Comcast almost bought Disney in the later Eisner years

The chinese just throw money at things, they're more capitalistic than power hungry. They have the power they want (control over the third world and their own people) they want to see their money be valued more.

Example, Volvo. They bankroll volvo yet stay the fuck out of day to day operations. They let volvo go hog wild as long as it makes them money. Ford didn't even let Volvo advertise.

This is why they just became an IP holdings company.