South Park season 21 ep 1

Does anyone find the episode to be a bit… disorganized?

didn't watch, what happened?

They continued to do so. The whole Heideman thing was still going on. But in the end Cartman broke up with her so I guess the episode was made to cut their dying relationship once and for all.

They parodied Charlottesville or smth idk.

I really "like" how they fucking imply that male victims of domestic abuse are just whining assholes.

The joke will be on them in a few weeks when their ratings tank.

That didn't really signify the continuation of story lines, South Park always had strong continuity even before the storylines.

Let me guess, a fucking white male? White males can't understand South Park humor.

I'm absolutely positive they've been going down or stagnating since Imaginationland.

they are

Even last series wasn't any better.
I'm expecting decent episodes when they will follow the new game's theme.

Today I smoked my first cig in 2 months.

It was by far the single worst episode in the show's entire history

South Park makes fun of everything man. I don't think Matt and Trey actually find male victims of domestic abuse to be crybabies. You're taking it too seriously.

Yeah for about the first 12 seasons, if you still believe this after the last season you're actually retarded

It's become Simpsons tier, just kill it

South Park has been Simpsons-tier since 2012.

Everything I've seen after the ninja episode was garbage. I can't imagine it's gotten any better.

It's like they come up with these different scenarios where they could find thousands of jokes, but don't tell a single joke because they seem to be actually afraid of upsetting people.

The show lacks balls and if you're a show that had the reputation of being edgy and ballsy, well there's not much left to it. Not a single fuck is given about South Park in 2017, it's dead.

It was alright, i also cant believe fags what them to go back to that garbage episodic shit OH MY GERD THEY KILLED KENNY!!!111 kill yourselves plebs

Trey and Matt are saying the show will go until CC cancels it. What if they are doing this on propose to lower the ratings and the show gets cancelled?

South Park even made fun of itself before.
In one of the Imaginationland episodes, Stan says

It didn't even make sense half the time.
The only funny gag was the two flag waving bits where they tried to swap a bee or cool down a soup.
The Catman arc wasn't even funny till the very last thing he says and the rest of it was "progress are gud" virtue signalling.

Honestly, the writing and plot were all over the place. I haven't liked the show since the post-movie seasons, but at least some of them maintained decent and cohesive writing.

That's a pretty dumb theory there my man. If they want to end the show, they'll just end the show. They pretty much work their own schedule anyways, if they're tired of doing the show they can just take a break and not film it for a while.

The shows been on for 20 years. Trey and Matt are in their late 40s and have families and live in mansions. They have other projects they devote time to. Things change.

They're not Matt Groening, foolish user.

Sad to see this show reaching zombie Simpsons status. I can still remember watching the first few seasons and seeing the film in theaters, quoting them in school with friends, etc. The show really hasn't been great since around 2004 when they started getting political and topical. It's been absolute dog shit since at least 2008. No amount of rationalizating will change that.

what did he mean by this?

the fifth fucking episode of the series is about how stan learns to accept gay people. and the second episode of the series is ripping on dante's peak and volcano - two topical movies in 1997. you're full of shit.

I read that, bro. I took that in and I thought of you as an individual smoking that cigarette, the first time in two months, no doubt. Wow, you know tobacco is something that helps a person who has a lot of stress/responsibilities so I know you probably have a lot of stress and responsibilities. I have a lot of sympathy for you as well as myself who smokes pipe tobacco on account of my job which is is fairly stressful.
I read that, as a person person and am taking it in and really THINKING about it.
I am here for you bro.
comprende?

this.

If it was classic South Park all the Alexas would become some giant robot monster or something and the kids would have to think of some clever way to defeat it like Trapper Keeper 3000.

Instead this episode had 4 plots, like the producers forgot how to make an episodic show again.

1. Alexa thing which involves Cartman & his strange attachment to technology. If the plot was about how it virtually wiretaps your house with unknown parties listening it could be interesting. What if it's connected to the Amazon marketing team & soon the local Whole Foods (also owned by Amazon starts stocking big hairy balls & other shit from the sheer amount of suggestions?

2. Cartman's split with Heidi? Where the fuck did this come from aside from "because it happened last season & Hillary didn't win"? At least establish that his rei troduction to the wired world corresponds with his distance from Heidi. Then you got a storyline and it relates to people's lives. The internet slowly killing real relationships is a thing.

3. The rednecks without jobs. This tied in kinda funny with the Alexa plot, but none of them were concierges before so why are they upset about losing their jobs now? This could be a completely separate episode with a bigger payoff. Imagine if they waved the confederate flag as part of the huge misunderstanding like when South Park changed their flag. In fact, they're not even in the southeast, so why not just wave the town flag as an analogy? This could be funny but the motivations & payoff was completely underwritten.

4. Randy's home renovation show. Ok so he's acting like HGTV and…? What's the joke, that plot 3 keeps interrupting? Wouldn't it make more sense to hire the blue-collar workers to renovate instead? Idea: what if the plot is that Randy wants to rebuild after a forest fire but all his left-leaning buddies are too white-collar to help, so in an act of cooperation he and the rednecks join forces in metaphorically rebuilding America? This would explain him losing his old job (geologic station burned down) and why the rednecks intervene.

This episode was all over the place and not a return to form. I think last year was the shark-jumping moment.

I noticed this the past few years. It's like once they find a "joke" they call off the search & the rest of the episode is avoiding any other angles for comedy.

South Park has become one giant placed advertisement.

[spoiler]user, you made me water my eyes. Beatiful words. I actually cried a bit.
Sometimes life is a bit harder than you wish, and everything becomes quite dark.
I bought some really cheap cigars, slow smoking may be an art, but it's also quite expensive… pipes are fascinating, but it seems they require quite some maintenance.

Anyway, may God bless you.
[/spoiler]

it's not cuckchan spoiler, it's simply the most common tag used
works also on 8ch, but i guess i fucked up with the escapes

test

[spoiler]test
test
[/spoiler]

user the episode where stan sees shit everywhere and has to move away was matt and treys goodbye to the series i think its called your getting old or older. the internet and how fast fads and memes come and go has seriously affected how they can be topical and create a timeless episode at the same time. i recommend if you have the time to rewatch the series at some point

Wew, gets better every day.

>>>/newfag/

Here is your (you)

It went to shit when it became "current events:the show" , South Park was always at it's best when it was just the boys being boys.

this user gets it

It used to be the boys being boys while a paranormal subplot collides with the main plot in a humorous and off-color way. With more than one joke in 22 minutes.

Season 18&19 was kinda funny though, shitting on the gluten-free trend and the Isis-ninjas and whatever jokes they had about hipster-shit in season 19 was great.

Agreed, my favourites is Butters becoming a pimp because he realises people want to pay for hugs and kisses. It's so innocent but still not at all. And then it's the Somali-pirates-episode where the boys go off to become real pirates.

im not saying it doesnt still have its funny moments but will those moments still be funny in ten or fifteen years? it was at pre full blown zombie simpsons stage for sure and only this season will tell if it is completely done.
that said team america was and still is funny for shitting all over evreyone

it has always been current events just not so prevalent and on nose
(sage for double post)

You obviously weren't alive back then, and you're totally misinterpreting the gay episode in the context of the time. They literally equate gay people with annoying, flamboyant dog-fuckers. All the kids in my school made fun of fags even harder after that episode.

As far as the volcanoe episode, they weren't beating you over the head with how topical it was. It was just the backdrop to a wacky adventure.

Another problem is that South Park was peak "edge" at a time when degeracy wasn't as openly acceptable. How can you be edgy in a time when trannies and homos are promoted as the ideal standard and little boys are being told by their Gen X parents to cut their penises off? How can you be edgy when Miley Cyrus is on Kids Award shows dancing naked with a dildo sticking out of her ass and the Gen X parents (who grew up on South Park), applaud it as "heroic female liberation"? Black pimp culture is promoted as "manly" and having children is portrayed as lame. White people are Nazis. Mexicans criminals are the "backbone of society". Etc.

There is nowhere to go from here. The edge of "edge" has been reached and the culture is currently falling off of a cliff. Going back to a traditional and conservative society is our only option. You can kick and scream all you want, but the pendulum is swinging back.

woah woah woah what? If these parents supposedly grew up on South Park, wouldn't they be hating her?

Holla Forums has been doing a pretty good job at that, recently made a president candidate losing her safe win in the presidential-election for talking about a frog.

obviously!

don't really see what that has to do with the specific context of 1997. are you just saying words?

so tell me, why was this episode nominated for a GLAAD award? was south park's devious homophobia too subtle for them? i mean, all the kids at school! clearly the opinion of children should guide our view of things!

I will sexually abuse just to see how you like it, you cum slut.

Because postmodernist third wave, gender fluid, lgbtqhiv+ cis male patriarchy theory wasn't a thing back then. It certainly wasn't something that kids were having forced on them by the Gen X establishment.

Because fags were desperate for attention back then because back then, they only got equal representation (~2%). Now they are so used to 50%+ representation that they only award shows that give homos fawning praise. Also it had George Clooney in it, I'm sure plenty of palms were greased.

Well, being that the show was made for children, yes.

I found it problematic

maybe you weren't alive back then. all that shit was certainly a thing. yes, currently it is a hell of a lot more mainstream. but why do you think that is? people in 80s and 90s were blasting that shit into kid's brains!

i wrote a story in 1996 (4th grade) about me and a friend exploring through space and killing aliens. the teacher called my parents, concerned with my "imperialist mindset".

it aired at like 10pm on a school night. brilliant timeslot for a kids show.

Kek. In 2009 we had to make a book for school that was a fairy tale but redone. I did the Emperor's New Clothes but had it be set in 1939 and have the German Luftwaffe bomb the Emperor's palace and then the Nazis took over. The teacher wasn't too happy, so I changed it…so the Emperor still gets eaten by a salmon and the loch Bess monster is there, and I still drew German troops taking over, but no Luftwaffe bombing.

At least I didn't get an "imperialist mindset" comment

>Well, being that the show was made for children, yes.

Wow, user. What a well, thought-out original bait! I sincerely applaud you for the effort!

i think they might even be totally cucked like everyone else

you consider who actually owns comedy central and how they've talked about the show in the past

they might even make whole episodes that get tossed in the trash and replaced by interns and sjws

ironically in the end the show is made by throwing a couple of hundred balls with SJWisms into a big aquarium of dolphins or something

nigger, white males are the only reason South Park ever became popular.

why don't you just wave your le confederate flag cumskin?

the show doesn't mock just the SJWs

it only mocks "safe" targets
It's a cuck show.
It's there to reinforce the left's narrative in your mind just in case you were having second thoughts because of things like, oh idk, antifa antifaing

JEJ

Any examples you can give? This is interesting.

This post was better than anything they shit out.

It's over, last season they jumped the shark. I will not watch another episode after this one.

It was a good run, had some good laughs, but it's over. They married niggers and aren't funny anymore, it's sad, they should kill themselves and at least hire this user to write for them and fire they gay and mystery meat jewish writing team.

And divorce their nigger wives.

I am an alt-right white Trump voting ethno nationalist who grew up with South Park and can confirm this didn't offend me

How is he wrong? It probably wasn't intentional but most kids liked it.

Also:

One of them is in a literal "My wife's black son" scenario lmao.

Pretty much in the same category as you. I just found it to be bad - not offensive, just fucking lame.

the left can't meme

Why would you go around telling people that you enjoy taking cock up your ass?